The Queen kicks the bucket

West

17 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

whatever

Elizabeth Windsor is dead

and so goes any fealty I had to the ridiculous  Canadian Post National Nanny Police State

again, just like any immigrant to Canada

I pay my taxes, I obey the laws, I keep to myself, I don't bother anybody

that's all that is required to live within this American protectorate tax jurisdiction

Cynicism is the last refuge of an idealist.  Be cool.  You’re only upset because you have standards, which is a good thing.  We need your input to keep the scoundrels tearing our country apart on a short leash.  Give Charles a chance.  Let’s see what the Conservatives can do to counter the overreach of pretender to the thrown Trudeau and his loathsome undermining of Canadian values and sovereignty.  

23 minutes ago, herbie said:

No he won't because only you butt stubborn deniers think Climate change and environmental issues are a partisan issue. You've staked your claim to that ignorance.

Bullshit. Only Quebec and native territories have any claim to nationhood. Nobody else has a distinct ethnicity, culture or language.

To the Commonwealth countries 'celebrating' the death of a colonialist': QE2 was the one who presided over your de-colonization you effing half wits. Kicked Rhodesia out of the Commonwealth, supported ant-apartheid efforts in S Africa... duhh!

I’m an environmentalist.  I use green power and believe in sustainable stewardship of our air and water.  I’m not interested in destroying living standards and driving billions into poverty to appease your golden calf chimera of a possible climate catastrophe that may never happen.  

23 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Cynicism is the last refuge of an idealist.  Be cool.

I am simply a pilgrim

I am not cool

I am a fiery Scots Protestant Orangeman

who will not live a lie

thus I won't play along with the ridiculous pretense that this is even Canada anymore

Justin Trudeau speaks the truth

this is the Post National State

if I were a cynic, I would swear fealty to it

it is because I am not a cynic, and not cool,

that I swear before God hinself

that I will die,  before I will swear fealty to this abomination calling itself "Canada" now

I will give my life for my beliefs against King Cherries law

not metaphor

Edited by Dougie93

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I am simply a pilgrim

I am not cool

I am a fiery Scots Protestant Orangeman

who will not live a lie

thus I won't play along with the ridiculous pretense that this is even Canada anymore

Justin Trudeau speaks the truth

this is the Post National State

if I were a cynic, I would swear fealty to it

it is because I am not a cynic, and not cool,

that I swear before God hinself

that I will die,  before I will swear fealty to this abomination calling itself "Canada" now

But calling it an abomination means that you have an idea of what it should be.  You’re just in the wilderness raging against the Philistines. I feel that way more and more.

B1FDB67C-4DB3-40EE-B0A2-9B17615578EE.jpeg

47 minutes ago, herbie said:

No he won't because only you butt stubborn deniers think Climate change and environmental issues are a partisan issue. You've staked your claim to that ignorance.

Bullshit. Only Quebec and native territories have any claim to nationhood. Nobody else has a distinct ethnicity, culture or language.

To the Commonwealth countries 'celebrating' the death of a colonialist': QE2 was the one who presided over your de-colonization you effing half wits. Kicked Rhodesia out of the Commonwealth, supported ant-apartheid efforts in S Africa... duhh!

You strike like a so many others - loving money which doesn’t belong to you but dropping to your knees to keep it flowing your way.

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

But calling it an abomination means that you have an idea of what it should be.  You’re just in the wilderness raging against the Philistines. I feel that way more and more.

I don't rage

again, like any other immigrant to American Protectorate Tax Jurisdiction North

I pay my taxes, I obey the law, I keep to myself, I don't bother anybody

I am honestly quite happy & content to live out my days beneath the red & green maples on my estate

Canada is not my problem anymore

I've done my duty, many times over, I don't owe Canada anything by now

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

I don't rage

again, like any other immigrant to American Protectorate Tax Jurisdiction North

I pay my taxes, I obey the law, I keep to myself, I don't bother anybody

I am honestly quite happy & content to live out my days beneath the red & green maples on my estate

Canada is not my problem anymore

I've done my duty, many times over, I don't owe Canada anything by now

Same here. It’s time to talk about payback.

11 minutes ago, RedDog said:

Same here. It’s time to talk about payback.

honestly, I have no thirst for vengeance

because I got everything I ever wanted

everything I ever prayed for

I ran to the banks of my own Red Sea and prayed for mircales

and every single time, the Sea was parted for me

I have lived a great life, a romantic adventure

Canada is, as I say, nothing more than a tax jurisdiction now

and I can afford to pay those taxes

so no worries

She did her nation proud. The Brits can be proud of having had her as their head of state. There are worse examples around the world.

However, I don't believe that that there is ever going to be such a breakthrough in the field of medicine that the age of 96 would be the average life-expectancy. When the time is up it is time to go.

1 hour ago, herbie said:

It's actually improving them. Your whole gripe is about you having to use money from your pocket too.

I’ve paid far more out of pocket than most people ever will in the name of being “green.”  Well much of that money wasn’t well spent because it produces little power and the production of the tech itself has its own negative impacts. It doesn’t matter.  You’re just another blow hard activist type without the depth of knowledge and personal sacrifice necessary to speak with authority on such matters, so I just tune out the shrillness.  I’ve been an activist, but I can point to concrete results, such as the Greenbelt around the Greater Golden Horshoe that I helped design and the elimination of coal generating stations for which I campaigned through letters and opinion articles.

Nevertheless, those are just some of our problems.  Our biggest concerns right now relate to the integrity of our democracy, our energy security, and our ability to maintain living standards for which past generations fought wars and made great personal sacrifices of building and saving.  We could lose all that, the freedom, prosperity, and strength of character that created what most people value about Canada.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

4 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

such as the Greenbelt around the Greater Golden Horshoe that I helped design

preventing construction of new homes

making us Gen Xers rich at the expense of the impoverished Millennials

resulting in the Millennials all turning to Communism as their salvation

all your do gooder intentions became your own road to Hell

not that I ain't making out like a bandit mind you

my bungalow will cost a Millennial two million dollars,

thanks to your penchant for centrally planned intervention

cha-ching

37 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

preventing construction of new homes

making us Gen Xers rich at the expense of the impoverished Millennials

resulting in the Millennials all turning to Communism as their salvation

all your do gooder intentions became your own road to Hell

not that I ain't making out like a bandit mind you

my bungalow will cost a Millennial two million dollars,

thanks to your penchant for centrally planned intervention

cha-ching

Well exactly.   That’s the learning the Herbies and Treefaces and Jack9mill haven’t done.  All this central planning has done is make Southern Ontario too precious.  Young people can’t get into the market.  Our living standards have lowered.  You know we’ve lost the plot when a suburban townhome costs as much as a French palace, literally.  Modest suburban townhomes are over a million here.  That’s another reason why it’s time to start again somewhere else, maybe Lake Erie.  Toronto is now Manhattan.  I love many things about it, especially Toronto Island, but the lifestyle of average income people having a nice home on a good lot and even a cottage within a few hours drive is fading fast.  That’s why carbon taxes and reducing our energy supply through expensive and ineffectual green power is a dangerous game.  We can carry on with our current power supply comfortably, get more energy efficient through tech, and remove costly taxes.  We can also build more creatively on former industrial lands.  Musk has beautiful modular $10,000 homes, but our regulations need to make this possible.  We need better rail and highways so people can build on cheaper land.  

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

Young people can’t get into the market.

I only help young people on a case by case basis, those I find to be deserving

I absolutely reject government as a means for helping anyone at this point

government in Canada is rotten to the bone

I refuse to have anything to do with it

young people who turn to government for assistance, deserve to burn in a fire of their own making

let them feel the wrath of an Old Testament God

they deserve to be punished for their false idolatry

the suffering will be good for their souls

it's the only way anybody learns in the end

9 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

In effect, we already have something very close to the American system, given that the head of our government also appoints the de facto head of state (the GG). Not ideal. 

De facto?

====

According to Constitutional Monarchies, we have a State and a Government. We have created the Head of State and the Head of Government. The Monarch embodies the State. The PM represents government.

=====

This is a false narrative. 

Our best method to check sovereign power is a legislature - and an independent group to decide between the two.

These three are the State - not the monarch.

And I would add that the best State is a group of sovereign States: a federal State.

32 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

In effect, we already have something very close to the American system, given that the head of our government also appoints the de facto head of state (the GG). Not ideal. 

Head of State? Who chooses our GG?

How do the Brits choose their monarch? Their Head of State?

Edited by August1991

34 minutes ago, August1991 said:

Head of State? Who chooses our GG?

How do the Brits choose their monarch? Their Head of State?

The PM can appoint whom he likes which discredits the impartiality of the GG from the get go. The GG should be utterly independent of the PM and owe them nothing. This is the state of affairs in countries with elected non-executive presidents like Ireland, Israel and Germany.  

The Brits (and us) have no choice in their head of state. It’s the next person up in the family, a weird system. However, it is independent of the PM. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

Seem to recall a GG causing a shitstorm for saying she was the Head of State when in all reality but paper, she was. Or to be more exact the Acting Head of State...

also seems to me young people don't want to live in Soviet era blockhouses or ghetto zones like some US cities, they want an affordable single family dwelling like they grew up in. One that has that greenspace nearby. Which needs space that ain't available in Toronto/Vancouver. Sweet F.A. to do with climate change, carbon tax, environmentalism.

With the absurd value of land near the city, industry and jobs will move. Just too damn slowly. Too bad, judging by there's never any bread on the shelf at SaveOn that Alberta, Sask & Manitoba just up and disappeared. Was lots of liveable space there once.

Edited by herbie

9 minutes ago, herbie said:

Seem to recall a GG causing a shitstorm for saying she was the Head of State when in all reality but paper, she was. Or to be more exact the Acting Head of State...

That’s certainly something they should know not to say. I think a secret ballot of MPs would be a good way to pick the person from a pool of eligible and deeply vetted candidates. A nationwide contest would be too much. We barely have enough enthusiasm for the elections we have and a secret ballot would keep the PM and party whips out. 

8 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

I think many Canadians, including many recent immigrants, like the ties to Britain, the first country to declare war on Hitler. It’s an honourable nation that has achieved incredible things.  Our PM-appointed GG hasn’t demonstrated the same authority as ER 2.  Canada’s government and GG don’t seem as resolute in protecting Canadians’ interests.  Trudeau’s government has sold out to the UN and WEF.  

The Monarch is a ceremonial figurehead that doesn’t interfere in government business. In Canada or the UK. Period. 

47 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

The PM can appoint whom he likes which discredits the impartiality of the GG from the get go. The GG should be utterly independent of the PM and owe them nothing. This is the state of affairs in countries with elected non-executive presidents like Ireland, Israel and Germany.  

The Brits (and us) have no choice in their head of state. It’s the next person up in the family, a weird system. However, it is independent of the PM. 

But it doesn’t matter because all they do is hand out medals, cut ribbons, give the ol’ “dare to dream” speech,  and the “thoughts and prayers”  speech etc. It’s ’s not an important job.  In USA the presidents wife pretty much does it.