The Queen kicks the bucket

West

3 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Hmmm...bad choice IMO.

Chuck made Diana's life living hell. I have a feeling a lot of Brits will reject him. I would predict that is Chuck become King...he will be the last British Monach.

There's no Choice. It's the Line of Succession. 

William can become King, but only if Charles resigns or abdicates like his Grand Uncle. 

A new PM wouldn't do well to mothball the Monarchy. I'm sure that has to go into a referendum or something. 

Edited by Boges

2 minutes ago, Boges said:

There's no Choice. It's the Line of Succession. 

William can become King, but only if Charles resigns. 

A new PM wouldn't do well to mothball the Monarchy. I'm sure that has to go into a referendum or something. 

But we could??

RIP to Queen Elizabeth II. She was an honourable lady and controlled that bizarre family.

Edited by ExFlyer
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Regardless of anyones views, King Charles will be our king for life. Australia, or Britain could abolish the monarchy but the Canadian Constitution has locked the Crown in place so deeply, we will likely be a Constitutional Monarchy until the end of time. 

Ur always so full of good news.

I happen to like having the monarchy. I do not like a monarchy that is anything but a figurehead for the government and on our money.

Oh...and Chuck's bald-ass head will not look good on our money.

Edited by Nationalist
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Hmmm...bad choice IMO.

Chuck made Diana's life living hell. I have a feeling a lot of Brits will reject him. I would predict that is Chuck become King...he will be the last British Monach.

Charles was in love with Camilla but he was forbidden to marry her. The reason he did not marry anyone else for years was because he held out hope that that would change. He was finally forced into a marriage with Lady Diana. Had he been allowed to marry Camilla in the first place, Diana would have had a happier life.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Charles was in love with Camilla but he was forbidden to marry her. The reason he did not marry anyone else for years was because he held out hope that that would change. He was finally forced into a marriage with Lady Diana. Had he been allowed to marry Camilla in the first place, Diana would have had a happier life.

So...it was the fault of the rules?

Elizabeth II ascended to the title while still of the age most people today are just leaving college. She is the last of the world leaders from "The Greatest Generation" and lived a life dedicated to and restricted by duty and responsibility. She sailed majestically through all the chaos, wars, political drama, family crisis, social change, and the rise and fall of nations. And she did it in a restrained, thoughtful and dignified manner almost completely at odds with what we see of most world leaders today.

RIP to her. And God bless the King.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, SpankyMcFarland said:

She did a great job and will be missed. Now we should move on and become a republic. 

You would prefer the personifacation of Canada would be a politician like Presidents Biden, Trump or Putin.

Not me. I would rather my leader be elected by God, not the people who voted Justin Trudeau into office.

• Like 1