Is God ok with lesbians?

TreeBeard

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

I don't see the relevance.... I doubt that there is any actually.

If one believes in Jesus and his word, the Bible, then he would not need to ask the nonsensical question "is god ok with lesbians".  If he believed in the Bible and knew what it says, he would know the answer.  All humans are sinners and fallen from grace and need to repent and turn to Jesus as lord and savior.  That's the relevance of the verse.

9 minutes ago, blackbird said:

If one believes in Jesus and his word, the Bible, then he would not need to ask the nonsensical question "is god ok with lesbians".  If he believed in the Bible and knew what it says, he would know the answer.  All humans are sinners and fallen from grace and need to repent and turn to Jesus as lord and savior.  That's the relevance of the verse.

The question was asked... and no answer has been provided.  It's not in the bible I guess, so any inspiration you get to answer the question based on that comes from inside your own head.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

The question was asked... and no answer has been provided.  It's not in the bible I guess, so any inspiration you get to answer the question based on that comes from inside your own head.

@betsy did give a passage that mentioned it.  However, it certainly isn’t as prominent as two men.  

It leads me to believe that things like divorce….  lying…. Coveting oxen….   All way more important to God than being a lesbian.   These other “sins” received their own passages in the bible explicitly outlining punishments.  

7 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

It's in the Bible.  Maybe try Google.  "26  For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:"  Romans 1:26 KJV

15 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

@betsy did give a passage that mentioned it.  However, it certainly isn’t as prominent as two men.  

It leads me to believe that things like divorce….  lying…. Coveting oxen….   All way more important to God than being a lesbian.   These other “sins” received their own passages in the bible explicitly outlining punishments.  

Lesbianism is under homosexuality in the Bible, just as much as lesbian marriage goes under GAY marriage in our society today. 

I don't know if those things are more important or in the same footing as other fornications that have not been mentioned in the Bible.  I don't think the Bible had mentioned many kinds of depravities specifically - like, gang-banging,  or necrophilia.  Are they then less important?  No.

If God had emphasized the creation of genders, and why He had created those genders - which was also repeated by Christ - that's all that's needed to get the message across:  the only sexual act acceptable to God would be that between a male and a female within the bounds of marriage. 

That's what the creation of GENDERS for mankind, is for!  Marital union of a male and female.

As I've explained, depravties and unnatural sexual acts all fall under the terms "sexual immorality, " or "fornications." And, those terms are all over the Scriptures.  Old and New.

Jude 1: 7

Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.

2 Corinthians 12"21

I fear that when I come again my God may humble me before you, and I may have to mourn over many of those who sinned earlier and have not repented of the impurity, sexual immorality, and sensuality that they have practiced.

Hebrews 13:4

Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.

Edited by betsy

17 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Lol - ? - the irony!

You should read. That's what happens when some responses are either ignored or skipped over.  You end up giving your opinion blatantly based on sheer ignorance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/2/2022 at 12:40 PM, TreeBeard said:

How come God was so concerned with women being virgins before they were married, but never whether the man was a virgin before marriage?

It is meant for both - men and women.

Genesis 2:24

Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

1 Cor 7: 1-40

Now concerning the matters about which you wrote: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband. The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband. For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. ...

Why is virginity so important in the Bible?

https://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-virginity.html

Edited by betsy

All this to-do about the bibles. Yet...Gawd did not write these books.

People...equating Gawd with what men wrote in books is...rather misguided.

I think that a lot of people who call themselves "atheists", believe themselves or become so, because of the writings of men about Gawd. For instance...Constantine's folly...Christianity. The deification of a rich Jewish guy who said some nice things and pissed off both the Jews AND the Romans, all so the masses in Rome would quit fighting in the streets over Gawds. And don't ever forget that the central symbol of Christianity is that poor bugger Jesus, unceremoniously tacked to a crucifix.

FEAR people...THAT'S what gives the Abrahamic religions power. Live clean and without fear...and your soul...your being...will enjoy the fruits of everlasting consciousness.

No matter who you love.

Edited by Nationalist

On 9/1/2022 at 12:08 PM, TreeBeard said:

It’s the 4th Commandment, yet you don’t follow it.  Hence, it is ignored.  What other Commandments can you ignore?

The fourth commandment says the sabbath is a Saturday?

And for the record yes I do honor the sabbath

Edited by West

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2022 at 11:36 AM, SkyHigh said:

Every Cristian in every pew has their own personal interpretation of the bible therefore their own personal definition for God, so if you want God to be OK with lesbians he is, but since he's not real (at least how he's portrayed in the Bible) does it really matter?

You make it sound like Christians do not share many common beliefs but that not actually true.  There are basic beliefs that many if not most churches and believers agree on.  No sense me listing them because you seem to be in denial and trying to portray Christians in a negative or confused light.  If you think the God in the Bible is not real, how do you explain that he sent his Son Jesus Christ into the world, was crucified, and was raised from the dead and seen by many people?

I will ask the old question that you should be able to answer.  Where did the complex universe and the complex life forms all come from?  Where did man come from?  The Bible answers that basic question.  If not created by an intelligent designer Creator, where did it all come from?  Even the laws of physics, the atoms, molecules, simple cells are extremely complex and could not just appear from nowhere without a Creator.  So what is your answer?

Edited by blackbird

• 2 weeks later...

If lesbian refers to someone who commits a particular action which categorically falls under a sexual sin (homosexuality) then the answer would be yes. If lesbian refers to someone who is attracted to other women, then the answer would be no, so long as this is not an attraction that is acted upon.