Federal Government in a Surplus

3 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

It just means more revenue came in than officially projected.  This is due to high fuel prices and taxes mostly.  The government also projects low in order to sound responsible later.  Really they overspend and produce the largest annual debts and deficits in Canadian history.  

nothing is actually funded by taxes

the central bank creates new dollars to pay the government's bills

the taxation is actually pointless, it has nothing to do with revenue anymore

thanks the to the press now being a bought & paid for state propaganda arm

the average Canadian totally onblivious to hows things actually work now

permanent QE to fund everything,

Edited by Dougie93

20 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

It just means more revenue came in than officially projected.  This is due to high fuel prices and taxes mostly.  The government also projects low in order to sound responsible later.  Really they overspend and produce the largest annual debts and deficits in Canadian history.  

The deficits from the Second World War were also very high. This time, the high deficits were a result of the on going global pandemic which, for the US, has been the worst catastrophe in it's history. Canada suffered a terrible death rate as well, but nothing close to the American tragedy. This is thanks to the all party commitment to invest as much as possible to mitigate the damage.

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

The deficits from the Second World War were also very high. This time, the high deficits were a result of the on going global pandemic which, for the US, has been the worst catastrophe in it's history. Canada suffered a terrible death rate as well, but nothing close to the American tragedy. This is thanks to the all party commitment to invest as much as possible to mitigate the damage.

I’ll accept that excuse for about two thirds of the spending.  Public health were allowed to railroad our economy, even after vaccines became universally available.  Business, government, and individual finances, along with non-Covid health and education were sacrificed to fight one disease.  The lockdowns, restrictions, and spending to maintain these measures have weakened our society badly.  To see continued irresponsible spending of millions on dubious feel-good fluff for special interest groups in this context is incomprehensible. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

You conspiracy theorists live so far in the past, you trip over what is in front of you, that is what, my friend. :)

So Trudeau-esque . . . but, so predictable from you.  Branding anything that doesn't go with your Liberal dogma of division and dis-chord. 

You, QueenBee, and Hardner . . . . Trudeau's 'Three Stooges' 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

So Trudeau-esque . . . but, so predictable from you.  Branding anything that doesn't go with your Liberal dogma of division and dis-chord. 

Yeah sure. LOL

Realists vs conspiracy theorists. Real always wins out in the end. :)

But hey, you are allowed to live under the tin foil hats :)

6 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

I protest. I am Jean Charest lick-spittle commie stooge. (Sorry, Doug, I can't remember the rest of the description.) ?

Edited by Queenmandy85
  • Haha 1

On 8/29/2022 at 7:50 PM, Zeitgeist said:

Spending money to fight “human made climate change” is supremely wasteful and dumb.  Spend billions of tax dollars and raise the cost of living for decades to have a nominal impact on global warming.  My guess is that this manufactured crisis will be discarded like the Malthusian idea that population growth will outgrow the food supply.

With regard to LGBTQ+, why do people with different sexual orientation and identities need extra money and programs?  It’s a stupid waste of money and highly discriminatory.  What other groups get extra stuff?  What about the sewing bee people?  The atheist farmers?  How about the nudist treehuggers?

The human population will outgrow the food supply and run out of other resources - this is basic maths.  And yes, spending money on climate change is dumb.  Much easier to have the incomes of people reduced so they cannot buy much and choke the economy, which will reduce its emissions.

29 minutes ago, cougar said:

The human population will outgrow the food supply and run out of other resources - this is basic maths.  And yes, spending money on climate change is dumb.  Much easier to have the incomes of people reduced so they cannot buy much and choke the economy, which will reduce its emissions.

No there’s more than enough food supply and the world population will flatten by mid-century.  That myth was debunked a long time ago.

Reducing incomes and food supply is both unnecessary and inhumane. It would actually negatively impact the environment as people who are desperate aren’t concerned about the environment.  You really have much to learn on these topics and I’m sure millions of people think as you do.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

No there’s more than enough food supply and the world population will flatten by mid-century.  That myth was debunked a long time ago.

BS.    Food supply has already been drastically reduced.

Think about the ecosystems and the animals that lived before and are no longer there.  They needed food too.  They are gone because we used them for food, took their food and now caused the climate to damage the lands further, so food supply will go down further.

6 minutes ago, cougar said:

BS.    Food supply has already been drastically reduced.

Think about the ecosystems and the animals that lived before and are no longer there.  They needed food too.  They are gone because we used them for food, took their food and now caused the climate to damage the lands further, so food supply will go down further.

You’re extremely ignorant about these issues.  There’s enough potential food production in the San Fernando and Okenagan Valleys to feed the world.  Don’t go anywhere near government   We’ve heard enough about your idea to thin the population to keep your mountain retreat quiet and pure   

27 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

You’re extremely ignorant about these issues.  There’s enough potential food production in the San Fernando and Okenagan Valleys to feed the world.  Don’t go anywhere near government   We’ve heard enough about your idea to thin the population to keep your mountain retreat quiet and pure   

I can't waste time with politics.

FYI It is "Okanagan"  

6 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I protest. I am Jean Charest lick-spittle commie stooge. (Sorry, Doug, I can't remember the rest of the description.) ?

you are with Charest ?

good grief

he's a Liberal stalking horse,

you are indeed a Communist stooge

why, man ?

you were Canadian Scottish Regiment ( Princess Mary's )

why would you side with the Communists ?

why would you stab us in the back in being a crony for ignominious scum like Charest ?

he will sell you down the river, everything you believe in : remember that I warned you, Jock

Dileas

Edited by Dougie93
  • Thanks 1

On 8/29/2022 at 2:02 PM, Zeitgeist said:

It just means that the government got more unfair tax revenue from fleecing people with gas taxes during massive inflation.  The game is to form a budget based on debt and overspending and then show that you beat your forecast.  Grossly irresponsible government.

Yeah the last time the price of oil got that high, gas was $1.00 a litre less. The tax went up TWO CENTS. Ignore the other 98 cents to keep your belief taxes are the problem.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, herbie said:

Yeah the last time the price of oil got that high, gas was $1.00 a litre less. The tax went up TWO CENTS. Ignore the other 98 cents to keep your belief taxes are the problem.

While I understand you’re a hysterical Climate Greta cult-following communist, facts still matter to some humans:

Taxes: an average of 47 cents per litre at the pump. These taxes include carbon tax, federal and provincial taxes, and some municipalities charge an additional local tax. Gas prices at the pump are typically lower in the US because of the difference in taxes.”

Canadian Fuel Association 

13 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

While I understand you’re a hysterical Climate Greta cult-following communist, facts still matter to some humans:

Taxes: an average of 47 cents per litre at the pump. These taxes include carbon tax, federal and provincial taxes, and some municipalities charge an additional local tax. Gas prices at the pump are typically lower in the US because of the difference in taxes.”

Canadian Fuel Association 

Fuel tax . . . Vancouver area:  $0.56 /litre,  Victoria area:  $0.47 /litre,  Rest of BC:  $0.43

2 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

you are with Charest ?

good grief

he's a Liberal stalking horse,

you are indeed a Communist stooge

why, man ?

you were Canadian Scottish Regiment ( Princess Mary's )

why would you side with the Communists ?

why would you stab us in the back in being a crony for ignominious scum like Charest ?

he will sell you down the river, everything you believe in : remember that I warned you, Jock

Dileas

Thanks for the clip, Doug. It was Princess Louise's  when I was in. This brought back a lot of great memories.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

couldn't have been

the CSR has always been ( Princess Mary's )

not calling you a liar

but CSR has never been ( Princess Louise's )

( Princess Louise's ) is the Argyll's in Hamilton

It was a long time ago and I'm old. I was in the C Scot R. Thanks for not calling me a liar.

Edited by Queenmandy85