Leftists Crushed in School Boards Across Florida

8 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

I'd suggest NOT giving the unelected supreme executive power in the first place. But since we're doing just that, I'll point-out that the voting public's choices are rather limited in response.

Sure, but how to make this work is a rather complicated question.

8 hours ago, Nationalist said:

I know you libbies like to say FOX is MSM, but only thing main stream about FOX is the fact they are the most watched cable news channel in the USA.

Well yeah, that's kind of the definition of mainstream... Popular...

Ideas that are accepted by most...

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/mainstream

Edited by Michael Hardner

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Most? Mikey...I don't think there's more than 5 people here to take you seriously.

So YOU can accept whatever you like Mikey...I'll just stick to reality.

22 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

1. Most?
2. Mikey...I don't think there's more than 5 people here to take you seriously.
3. So YOU can accept whatever you like Mikey...I'll just stick to reality.

1. Yes, FOX has the most viewers.
2. Based on ?  You love to shoot the messenger when you hate the message... more insults, ok
3. Reality is: FOX #1 ratings+dictionary defn of mainstream.  I'm not convinced you even know what you're fighting against here.  You know you're in trouble but not why. You're like a cat that gets taken into the spaying room at the vet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Sure, but how to make this work is a rather complicated question.

Oh, it isn't that hard. Some are electric and can do the job. But for really heavy work one would want the gasoline powered variety.

41 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Yes, FOX has the most viewers.
2. Based on ?  You love to shoot the messenger when you hate the message... more insults, ok
3. Reality is: FOX #1 ratings+dictionary defn of mainstream.  I'm not convinced you even know what you're fighting against here.  You know you're in trouble but not why. You're like a cat that gets taken into the spaying room at the vet. 

Look Mikey...

You think your snide little comments are ingenious. They are not.

You wanna make snide, backhanded insults, do it.

But understand...I will not play your little faux-intellectual games.

Instead...I'll say in plain English, just what you and your bloated opinion of yourself...are.

Now...Have a warm and fuzzy day.

21 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

1. You think your snide little comments are ingenious. They are not.

2. You wanna make snide, backhanded insults, do it.

3. But understand...I will not play your little faux-intellectual games.

4. Instead...I'll say in plain English, just what you and your bloated opinion of yourself...are.

5. Now...Have a warm and fuzzy day.

1. 2. 3. A couple of errors here: 1) I am not trying to be snide and 2) I don't think I am clever
4.  Ok
5. Thanks

• 1 month later...

By the way, folks. I work in two Florida counties as a substitute teacher, and have been on this job since 1999. I've seen things you might want to know about, (subject matter, discipline issues, etc). And for a mainstream Rush Limbaugh/Donald Trump conservative, I have original views on the subject of public schools in general.

Teachers here are not quite as left wing extreme as you might believe. (Well, most of them are left wingers, but most of them keep that crap out of the classroom, mostly because there just isn't enough time.)

Yeah, I got some stories for ya. And so far, I haven't seen any situations in ANY of the schools that involve drag queen shows, nor have I noticed any lesson plans calling for instruction on anal sex, (which New Jersey schools apparently are required to cover, no buts about it. And no, I'm not making this up, about New Jersey.)

Personally, I believe the Florida public schools are the best in the country. Let's chat. You might be surprised.

On 8/24/2022 at 11:18 AM, James99 said:

I live in Florida. I can't stress how fortunate we have been with DeSantis and other FL leaders. 

I agree with you on that one. I will say that Governor Jeb Bush began the educational reform that took Florida schools up from the bottom 48 and put us close to the top. It is Governor DeSantis who is looking out for the interests of the parents.

A couple of items: I read that bill DeSantis signed into law. Yes, CNN and other left wing opinion rags call it the "Don't Say Gay" bill, but the word "gay" is nowhere to be found in the text. Some conservatives might call this the "anti-grooming" bill, but the word "grooming" is nowhere to be found either.

Mostly, the bill is what the name suggests: Parental Choice.

https://flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2021/Chapter1014/All

I always say when in doubt, go to the source. 

On 8/25/2022 at 1:07 PM, Michael Hardner said:

1. I thought you hated the media.  I'll bet that this case isn't as simple as you put out.   In any case, the culture we are is nonsense and individual movie of the week dramas mean nothing to me.

If you cared about children, maybe there are some issues we could prioritize on the whole.  Otherwise, stop with the fake concerns, everyone.

The rape of a child is not a fake concern. It is a crime. The rapist should be charged as an adult and be labeled a sex offender for life. Certainly, the girl doesn't get back her innocence.

The fact that a school board would treat the father of a rape victim in such a way is reprehensible. This isn't really as much a matter of a culture war as it is elected officials being guilty of aiding and abetting a rape. They ALL should be locked up for that.

On 8/31/2022 at 6:45 AM, Michael Hardner said:

Another liberal friend of mine responded the same way when I suggested most people watch Fox. He got very angry. He then went to insult most people living in the state of Pennsylvania, mostly because they were rural folk who voted for Republicans. He ranted and raved about true "journalists" not being given a voice at all. (Of course, he then alluded to NPR and PBS as his news sources.)

I tend to look at this more from a marketing point of view. Yes, left wingers do not like the idea of having to sell the news, since they believe the news is far too important and should be REQUIRED viewing by everyone. And yet, the big three (ABC, CBS, NBC) began getting competition in the marketplace of ideas.

Most people gravitate to FoxNews. A lot of it is the sheer professionalism of the presentations, the graphics, the quality of the on air personalities. A lot of it is because Fox gives equal time to both sides of the aisle, thus attracting that small sector of liberals who actually have an open mind, (and it is very small.)

What really galls my liberal friend is the fact that most of America AGREES with the mainstream conservative side of Fox, even as the liberals there represent the most intelligent and articulate liberals in the country. (Obviously, the liberals at CNN and MSNBC  are pretty much over the top biased idiots, with few ideas and a lot of insults.) A lot of folks think of Fox as a conservative news station. If that is the case, (and I maintain Fox gives equal time to both sides) then it suggests that most of America is mainstream conservative, and that goes without the identity politics.

Food for thought.

7 hours ago, reason10 said:

1. The rape of a child is not a fake concern. It is a crime. The rapist should be charged as an adult and be labeled a sex offender for life. Certainly, the girl doesn't get back her innocence.

2. The fact that a school board would treat the father of a rape victim in such a way is reprehensible.  

1. It's irrelevant to the topic though.

2. As I said, I doubt that this is happening as depicted.  I guess we'll never know.  

7 hours ago, reason10 said:

1.  left wingers do not like the idea of having to sell the news, since they believe the news is far too important and should be REQUIRED viewing by everyone.

2. most of America AGREES with the mainstream conservative side of Fox,

3. most of America is mainstream conservative, and that goes without the identity politics.

Food for thought.

1. Cite?

2. 3. Ok. Left and right are mangled concept on American.

Okay, folks, I might as well admit this. In a local school board race, I supported a Democrat over a Republican. (Yeah, I know. Some already are thinking of taking away my Rush Limbaugh badge.) Follow these points.

1. Maybe it's the substitute teacher in me, but NO WAY should anyone be elected to the school board who has never had to stand before the class, either as a teacher or a sub. Until that day, you do not know what you're talking about.  I've been standing before public school classes since 1999 and I know.

2. The Republican candidate was a realtor who had never taught a class in his life. He was espousing some conservative views and frankly I would have supported him for the state legislature.

3. The Democrat candidate was a retired middle school principal who had won local awards for his work in this area. His middle school shattered reading records for years at a time. The only reason he ran for the job was because....

4 The Republican candidate wanted to (a) get rid of all public schools and make them private, and (b) get rid of all the tall fences around the schools, claiming it made them look like prisons.

I had subbed at the middle school this principal ran. It was a Cadillac of a school, even though the building was very old and it was in a rather rough neighborhood. This principal was of the mind set that kids are clay and that they can be made to learn whether they come from trailer parks or million dollar mansions. It's just a matter of expectation and not letting them get away with sliding back. They were expected to act right in class, do the work, and mostly behave themselves.

Oh, and for those who may be thinking that public schools should all be made private schools. (and no less than Joe Clark-the celebrated principal who saved Eastside High in New Jersey and had a movie made about his life-actually suggested such a thing, going to all private schools) look at an average public school. Go stand in the lunch room, either during breakfast or lunch. Look at all those kids. Look at the number of employees in that building. Look at the number of classrooms, the durable equipment for the science labs, music labs, libraries, gyms, etc. Add all of that up and imagine requiring a regular parent to fork over a check every month for tuition, a parent who would be expected all the same perks as the public school.

And remember, the Horace Mann model for public schools predates the Civil War.

I'm not sure that means I've gone down the liberal path here, since conservatives generally are more intelligent, more open minded and more receptive to out of the box solutions to problems.

You decide. I've seen this industry since  1999. And yeah, I got some stories for y'all.

1. Cite?

2. 3. Ok. Left and right are mangled concept on American.

Cite about left wingers not liking the idea of having to sell the news? I'm now starting to think that you may be in your late teens or early twenties and never experienced the total monopoly on public opinion the big three enjoyed back in the 50s, 60s, 70s, and most of the 80s. (It's okay if you're young. It's an advantage in some quarters.) Walter Cronkite was considered the ONLY source, and we were supposed to just suck it up when he actually cried on the air because of a decision in the Vietnam War. Maybe it's because I'm old enough to have watched the evolution of actually selling the news and the left losing their monopoly on public opinion. I remembered the rantings and ravings of the left when Rush Limbaugh actually rescued AM radio and created the most listened to radio talk show on the planet, and helped pave the way for other conservative talk show hosts like Sean Hannity, Neal Boortz, Mark Levin, et al. The left HOWLED at this success, this increased First Amendment activity.

Actually, 2 and 3 are correct, whether you like it or not. Most of America does not support runaway welfare rolls, defunding police, open borders, raising taxes on the poor and middle class, fighting wars overseas for political purposes, etc. Most of America want safe streets, safe schools for our children. Most of America wants to EARN its way and not have everything given to it. Most of America looks down on the lazy, the loud mouthed, the entitled, the easily triggered. Most of America just wants to thrive.

1. It's irrelevant to the topic though.

2. As I said, I doubt that this is happening as depicted.  I guess we'll never know.  

You don't think a child rape (which occurred in a public school) is relevant to a discussion about that very public school and it's tranny policies that led to the rape of that child? Seriously?

You don't think a rape victim is relevant? Seriously?

10 minutes ago, reason10 said:

1. Cite about left wingers not liking the idea of having to sell the news?

2. I'm now starting to think that you may be in your late teens or early twenties...

3. and never experienced the total monopoly on public opinion the big three enjoyed back in the 50s, 60s, 70s, and most of the 80s. (It's okay if you're young. It's an advantage in some quarters.) Walter Cronkite was considered the ONLY source,

4. ..and we were supposed to just suck it up when he actually cried on the air because of a decision in the Vietnam War.

5. Maybe it's because I'm old enough to have watched the evolution of actually selling the news and the left losing their monopoly on public opinion. I remembered the rantings and ravings of the left when Rush Limbaugh actually rescued AM radio and created the most listened to radio talk show on the planet, and helped pave the way for other conservative talk show hosts like Sean Hannity, Neal Boortz, Mark Levin, et al. The left HOWLED at this success, this increased First Amendment activity.

6. Actually, 2 and 3 are correct, whether you like it or not.

7. Most of America does not support runaway welfare rolls, defunding police, open borders, raising taxes on the poor and middle class, fighting wars overseas for political purposes, etc. Most of America want safe streets, safe schools for our children.

8. Most of America wants to EARN its way and not have everything given to it. Most of America looks down on the lazy, the loud mouthed, the entitled, the easily triggered. Most of America just wants to thrive.

1. Yes.  I can cite some right wingers who are uncomfortable with our current media environment.
2. On this forum, you're expected to back up your statements with facts not speculation on my age.
3. You could be 16 and be aware of such basic facts.
4. Cronkite CRIED during the news, due to a Vietnam decision ?  I'm going to ask you to back that one up too.
5. I doubt you were interested in media analysis back then; the 'left' was very much kept in check in a lot of ways.  But the question isn't whether 'the left' likes FOX or Limbaugh - it's whether they object to the business of journalism.  That is your claim.
6. I didn't actually challenge those points.
7. These are just bland talking points, not interesting to me and they're set up to yammer about things that aren't relevant so I won't comment.
8. Yes, probably correct.  Most of them voted for Biden and Hillary Clinton too.

9. You don't think a child rape (which occurred in a public school) is relevant to a discussion about that very public school and it's tranny policies that led to the rape of that child? Seriously?

10. You don't think a rape victim is relevant? Seriously?

9. Do I think a child rape that is purported to happen in a public school is relevant to a discussion about LGBTQ rights in Florida and America ?  No probably not.  "Tranny policies" led to the rape of a child ?  That needs its own thread my friend.

10.  No, I don't.  The habit of picking up a single crime and tying it to your opponent is dumb politics, and the fake morality is transparent to everybody who recognizes that the heroes of the Republicans (like Alex Jones and Limbaugh) are just hypocritical amoral money grabbers.

---

But really, you love culture war am I right ?  You think Democrats are evil and maybe the party should be banned ?  Ok, fair enough.  I know that the Democrats are to the right of our Conservative policies in Canada here and so I pick and choose what I agree with from all four major Canadian/American parties.

We probably don't have anything to talk about here.  If we do, let's start with the 2 or 3 cites I asked for.

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Yes.  I can cite some right wingers who are uncomfortable with our current media environment.
2. On this forum, you're expected to back up your statements with facts not speculation on my age.
3. You could be 16 and be aware of such basic facts.
4. Cronkite CRIED during the news, due to a Vietnam decision ?  I'm going to ask you to back that one up too.
5. I doubt you were interested in media analysis back then; the 'left' was very much kept in check in a lot of ways.  But the question isn't whether 'the left' likes FOX or Limbaugh - it's whether they object to the business of journalism.  That is your claim.
6. I didn't actually challenge those points.
7. These are just bland talking points, not interesting to me and they're set up to yammer about things that aren't relevant so I won't comment.
8. Yes, probably correct.  Most of them voted for Biden and Hillary Clinton too.

9. Do I think a child rape that is purported to happen in a public school is relevant to a discussion about LGBTQ rights in Florida and America ?  No probably not.  "Tranny policies" led to the rape of a child ?  That needs its own thread my friend.

10.  No, I don't.  The habit of picking up a single crime and tying it to your opponent is dumb politics, and the fake morality is transparent to everybody who recognizes that the heroes of the Republicans (like Alex Jones and Limbaugh) are just hypocritical amoral money grabbers.

---

But really, you love culture war am I right ?  You think Democrats are evil and maybe the party should be banned ?  Ok, fair enough.  I know that the Democrats are to the right of our Conservative policies in Canada here and so I pick and choose what I agree with from all four major Canadian/American parties.

We probably don't have anything to talk about here.  If we do, let's start with the 2 or 3 cites I asked for.

I'll try going according to the numbers.

1. There is the alt right and there is the mainstream conservative. The two are as far apart as conservative from liberal. Alt right folk approach their views the same way liberals do, by identity politics. To an Alt Righter, America was made great only by European males with white skin. To a liberal everything that is wrong with America is due to European males with white skin.

3. I guessed you were young because your remarks led me to believe you had not experienced the things I've seen over 68 years on the earth. If I was mistaken, my apologies. (Then again, I'll NEVER ask someone to apologize for thinking I'm young.) 

4. I saw Cronkite cry on the air. It's called eyewitness testimony. I remember the broadcast. Mom and dad brought it to my attention. And that was back when I was in my teens and may have faced the military draft. Sadly, Algore hadn't invented the Internet so there's no way I can produce a film of me watching that broadcast. Cronkite was a left winger, for sure.

5. During the monopoly period of the media (pre Foxnews), it was pretty much on the left wing, and at times the extreme left wing. Cronkite was a vitriolic left winger.

https://www.aim.org/aim-column/the-terrible-truth-about-walter-cronkite/

I mentioned a liberal friend complaining to me about the lack of journalism. He was lamenting the fact that his left wing point of view was no longer the ONLY view in the marketplace of ideas.

(These aren't in any real order. I don't want this post to wind up too large.)

I didn't pick a single crime to indict the concept of gender less school bathrooms. The father of the rape victim did that. He was right in blaming the bathroom policy for that. But I suppose I should ask you a simple question: How many rapes of children have to happen before it becomes important? What if you had a daughter who was raped in such a fashion? How would you react? (apologies for getting too personal, if it sounds too personal.)

At times, I look at the alleged culture war the way AMERICA'S ANCHORMAN Rush Limbaugh did. He laughed at it. He led the country at laughing at it, especially the idiot liberals who were coming so unglued because they no longer had a monopoly in the marketplace of ideas. Liberals do not like losing arguments or being laughed at. They are particularly funny in those regards.

As far as you suggesting that a mainstream conservative believes the Democrat Party is criminal and should be banned, I'll wait patiently while you find exact quotes from me suggesting that. As a matter of opinion, it's obvious that I have a dim view of the Democrat Party both in history and ideology.  The Democrat party was the party of SLAVERY, of fighting a civil war to maintain those slaves; of Jim Crow laws; of the KKK; of the crippling welfare state that practically destroyed the black nuclear family unit; of sheer racism today; of sheer ignorance and dishonesty today; and of sheer incompetence in elected office.

The American economy was NEVER expanded by a Democrat president. The greatest economies in America took place as a result of Republicans like Eisenhower, Reagan, Bush43 and Trump.  Those are opinions and you'll have to learn to deal with the fact that they differ from your opinions.

Then again, that's what this place is, an opinion forum.