BC Liberal MLA fired after retweeting misinformation

17 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Not true at all, Conservatives have plans for climate change, and here is the catch they are not going to pin all of it on the tax payer so they must believe in something if the plan exists.

But both plans fail to address the real problem, which is what the public wants they want something called a climate change plan, it does not have to work, just look like it might work...Why is that ? 

Everyone with half a brain knows all of that, the liberals plan is nothing more than window dressing, and yet with Justins record on climate change, why would environmentalist continue to back the left. Why, well you know why, the other half of Canadians can't find their ass with both hands.

Not disagreeing with you but the previous conservative government did the same.

Environmentalists would have trouble backing conservatives too based on past experience..

https://thenarwhal.ca/harper-s-timeline-canada-climate-change-2006-2014/

The truth of the matter is Canada, while they have had "plans" none are achievable nor do they really have any effect except to costing the average person money.

Love the comment by the BC Liberal leader “Politics is a team sport and British Columbians expect their elected officials to work cooperatively on the important issues facing our province". He is so right, provincial or federal.

Edited by ExFlyer

5 hours ago, herbie said:

If the CPC has a climate plan, spell it out. Or at least provide a link to their site that provides more than tired rhetoric and doublespeak.

That is the reason O'Toole lost. They don't have a plan at all.

First off, no plan would be better than the Liberal plan.  Reasonable incentives and affordable regulatory changes are fine.  Spending a lot of money on a plan that won’t make much measurable difference is idiocy.  

On 8/24/2022 at 8:08 PM, herbie said:

Yes they do want a Climate Plan, something more that just saying the other guy's doesn't work and claiming that's a "Plan" at all. The federal Tories better figure that out or it will be 3 in a row for JT.
As I pointed out, everyone is trying to reduce their energy usage so existing measures are working. The costing us money gripe is moot. Nothing anyone even suggested isn't going to and no one's even suggested a realistic alternative.

I have a hard time believing that, i think Canadians just want to say they believe in climate change fearing being canceled. Every single Canadian knows the liberal plan is garbage, and it pins reasonability on tax payers... And it does not matter what plan the Tories have or come up with, the left has been programed to reject it...and yet they support Justins plan...

No the cost is not moot, 1 in 5 Canadians are strapped for money, this the taxpayers pay now and I'll give you a small tax credit at the end of the year is a politicians plan, and will do nothing for climate change... And if your not worried about paying to save climate change, then why not be concerned with what the government is actually doing about climate change...The liberals keep making promises and delivering nothing, and liberals keep supporting them...How many times does a person have to lie to them before they change. instead they are perfectly fine with smashing their heads up against the wall believe progress is being made. which leads to these thoughts, either Canadians are to stupid to figure it out, or climate change is not a priority for them. 

Individuals can not make the change a climate emergency calls for. It needs to be at the federal level. 

How do you know the conservative plan is not going to work, are you guessing or have you been talking to experts. And since we are talking about realistic alternatives, How is the liberal plan working out so far ? Have we made any progress, how many plans have we had, in the last 8 years or so. have we meet any of the targets ? So really any plan stands to be just as productive right. But i get it, voting Conservative will make your head explode, there is still 2 other left parties pick one...

Keep in mind there is no new leader so i'm sure it is going to change, and in reality, the conservatives could just bullshit, come up with the dream plan, much like Justin did, and produce no results as well , think that will keep them in for the next 8 years. 

Conservative climate plan better than before, but still full of inconsistencies | CBC News

Edited by Army Guy

On 8/25/2022 at 11:43 AM, ExFlyer said:

Not disagreeing with you but the previous conservative government did the same.

Environmentalists would have trouble backing conservatives too based on past experience..

https://thenarwhal.ca/harper-s-timeline-canada-climate-change-2006-2014/

The truth of the matter is Canada, while they have had "plans" none are achievable nor do they really have any effect except to costing the average person money.

Love the comment by the BC Liberal leader “Politics is a team sport and British Columbians expect their elected officials to work cooperatively on the important issues facing our province". He is so right, provincial or federal.

Yes the conservatives have not done well on the climate change file either. But Justin has had 8 plus years to do something that was his campaign promises right, and he has delivered nothing... let me ask you this if you had a SAR tech that was a complete shit pump do you continue to let he go on calls or do you get rid of him and find someone else.

The liberals promised to come up with an effective plan, he told Canadians give me 600 dollars through out the year and i'll give you a tax break...and he delivers nothing or very little, does this over and over , when do Canadians clue in it cost him nothing zero, and still Canadians are happy with throwing that money away like it was Christmas ...  and the part that is hard to swallow is they will defend the plan... 

The irony to all this is Europe is light years ahead of us on climate change measures, and now they have back into a corner and will have a pretty rough winter, and those hard core environmentalist will all be looking for something to burn to keep warm...and fossil fuels will be the new thing...

11 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Yes the conservatives have not done well on the climate change file either. But Justin has had 8 plus years to do something that was his campaign promises right, and he has delivered nothing... let me ask you this if you had a SAR tech that was a complete shit pump do you continue to let he go on calls or do you get rid of him and find someone else.

The liberals promised to come up with an effective plan, he told Canadians give me 600 dollars through out the year and i'll give you a tax break...and he delivers nothing or very little, does this over and over , when do Canadians clue in it cost him nothing zero, and still Canadians are happy with throwing that money away like it was Christmas ...  and the part that is hard to swallow is they will defend the plan... 

The irony to all this is Europe is light years ahead of us on climate change measures, and now they have back into a corner and will have a pretty rough winter, and those hard core environmentalist will all be looking for something to burn to keep warm...and fossil fuels will be the new thing...

Lets not throw too many stones. Harper made promises and had over 10 years and did nothing either. Fact is, Canada's climate program promises are abject failures.

Yes, we can replace poor performers in the Military or organizations or companies but, in Canada, we do not have a recall process where we can fire politicians9at any level). Also, in politics, poor performance is very difficult to prove. While you may not like what is being done, others like it.... hence, we have elections.

Yeah, the carbon tax promise is a piss poor plan although, there are a lot of believers that like the money back. Being fooled by a cheque is how we roll in this country.

I travel to Europe a lot and yes, there are a lot of wind generators but I do not believe they are that much farther ahead in the climate change issue. Europe has almost 200 nuclear power plants whereas  in the entirety of Canada there are only 6.  So, in that regard yes, they are more energy aware and cleaner.

In spite of some people's insane hatred of solar and wind power, you seem to forget BC, Quebec and Labrador have so goddam much hydro power, we export the bulk of it.

Face it, no more coal or oil fired power plants are ever going to be built in Canada, natural gas ones may be a necessary temporary measure and it's a hard sell to people who think there's been no scientific advancements in 50 years with nuclear tech like they thought with vaccine research.

Wind. solar. tidal and geothermal are fill ins, alternatives that went from ZERO to a significant proportion in one decade like nuclear did in the 1950s. The continued dissing of alternative energy by people who think that producing over a third of Germany's current energy without producing any CO2 is insignificant is utter ignorance.

My closest friends would 'never' buy an electric car because they can't drive all the way to Calgary without charging but they already own two vehicles. And drive one only 30km to work and back or shopping every damn day. Moving step by step towards a goal is better than not moving at all, is it not?

5 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Lets not throw too many stones. Harper made promises and had over 10 years and did nothing either. Fact is, Canada's climate program promises are abject failures.

Yes, we can replace poor performers in the Military or organizations or companies but, in Canada, we do not have a recall process where we can fire politicians9at any level). Also, in politics, poor performance is very difficult to prove. While you may not like what is being done, others like it.... hence, we have elections.

Yeah, the carbon tax promise is a piss poor plan although, there are a lot of believers that like the money back. Being fooled by a cheque is how we roll in this country.

I travel to Europe a lot and yes, there are a lot of wind generators but I do not believe they are that much farther ahead in the climate change issue. Europe has almost 200 nuclear power plants whereas  in the entirety of Canada there are only 6.  So, in that regard yes, they are more energy aware and cleaner.

I have already stated that past conservatives climate change plans suck ass as well. My point is Canadians are easily fooled by grand political plans that do nothing to change global climate change. Justin has 8 plus years to make his mark and has failed it is time for Canada to move on try something else... if they are serious about climate change... or climate change is just a thing the left says kind of like support the troops logo... got to support or get canceled . 

There are processes to replace PM's or elected members. and there is also an federal election every 4 years. Poor performance is hard to prove, WTF... Justin has had 3 climate change plans since elected, none of them have made a difference, in my opinion thats poor performance, not to mention all the policies he has in place for natural resources are also failures, or national infra structure, huge failure. i could keep going but over all, Justin has provided more failures than any thing else, a huge sign of poor performance. When was the last PM that had signs that said F*** the PM... And a good portion of the population can not see these failures, or refuse to acknowledge them, because they don't care how their party performs they will always vote liberal regardless of out come. same as hard core conservatives , or are they really don't give a shit what the government does or does not do...

I guess Canadians are not that smart after all right, if they can be bought out be a small cheque ... that or thier values are not very good. Liberals are masters at buying votes with social programs...

And Europe while having much cleaner energy today, are going to be freezing their asses off this winter... and are right now trying to solve that issue by bringing back some of the old fossil fuels such as oil, coal, LP. They did all that before we have found a reliable solution to replace fossil fuels. they just jumped over board and hoped for the best, and now they are going to pay for that decision. With this major sacrifice do you think Europe's climate change problems have gotten better. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

I have already stated that past conservatives climate change plans suck ass as well. My point is Canadians are easily fooled by grand political plans that do nothing to change global climate change. Justin has 8 plus years to make his mark and has failed it is time for Canada to move on try something else... if they are serious about climate change... or climate change is just a thing the left says kind of like support the troops logo... got to support or get canceled . 

There are processes to replace PM's or elected members. and there is also an federal election every 4 years. Poor performance is hard to prove, WTF... Justin has had 3 climate change plans since elected, none of them have made a difference, in my opinion thats poor performance, not to mention all the policies he has in place for natural resources are also failures, or national infra structure, huge failure. i could keep going but over all, Justin has provided more failures than any thing else, a huge sign of poor performance. When was the last PM that had signs that said F*** the PM... And a good portion of the population can not see these failures, or refuse to acknowledge them, because they don't care how their party performs they will always vote liberal regardless of out come. same as hard core conservatives , or are they really don't give a shit what the government does or does not do...

I guess Canadians are not that smart after all right, if they can be bought out be a small cheque ... that or thier values are not very good. Liberals are masters at buying votes with social programs...

And Europe while having much cleaner energy today, are going to be freezing their asses off this winter... and are right now trying to solve that issue by bringing back some of the old fossil fuels such as oil, coal, LP. They did all that before we have found a reliable solution to replace fossil fuels. they just jumped over board and hoped for the best, and now they are going to pay for that decision. With this major sacrifice do you think Europe's climate change problems have gotten better. 

I agree with everything you say.

My point was really that Canada has signed on and made unkept promises since these climate accords began in 1995 with the Kyoto Protocol and Accord.

We have had Liberal and conservative governments going to these things and making promises at each and every one and not one of the promises have been kept, regardless of who was in power. All our governments have epically failed. Paul Martin failed, as did Mulroney and Chretien and Harper too. Harper failed on all his promises too https://thenarwhal.ca/harper-s-timeline-canada-climate-change-2006-2014/    Justin is just in a long line of Canadian leaders to blow smoke up everyone asses.

Europe will suffer somewhat come this winter but, I think the world will (and already has) come to the rescue to offset the shortages from Russian oil and natural gas.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, herbie said:

In spite of some people's insane hatred of solar and wind power, you seem to forget BC, Quebec and Labrador have so goddam much hydro power, we export the bulk of it.

Face it, no more coal or oil fired power plants are ever going to be built in Canada, natural gas ones may be a necessary temporary measure and it's a hard sell to people who think there's been no scientific advancements in 50 years with nuclear tech like they thought with vaccine research.

Wind. solar. tidal and geothermal are fill ins, alternatives that went from ZERO to a significant proportion in one decade like nuclear did in the 1950s. The continued dissing of alternative energy by people who think that producing over a third of Germany's current energy without producing any CO2 is insignificant is utter ignorance.

My closest friends would 'never' buy an electric car because they can't drive all the way to Calgary without charging but they already own two vehicles. And drive one only 30km to work and back or shopping every damn day. Moving step by step towards a goal is better than not moving at all, is it not?

They export it to make a higher profit, US pays top dollar for it, that and we don't have all the infra structure in place to use it all, for instance NFLD has been trying to get electrical cables laid to provide power for the rest of Atlantic provinces, but is stuck in red tape, most of Quebec's hydro power was stolen from NFLD and they are trying to steal it again..  

And yet we are still using Coal and Oil to power our needs, but the liberals declared an emergency did they not , oh well they will all be gone by 2040... It is not hard to sell anything, if you put any effort and money into it. we used to be a leader in Nuclear power tech, now nukes have been canceled regardless if the tech kept advancing... look at micro plants easy to build easy to maintain, but they have been canceled not even in the on the radar. 

German example is a bad one right now, lets wait until this winter to see if all those clean energy investments are going to pay off. That being said Europe is light years ahead of most countries, has it made any difference to their climate, has it changed the global climate at all. Climate change is a global problem, and needs to be solved at a global level...taxing fossil fuels and hoping it will be solved is a joke. 

This is not going to be solved by the tax payers actions alone, it needs to be federally funded with them be a driving force behind it. what have we accomplished todate. 

6 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

I agree with everything you say.

My point was really that Canada has signed on and made unkept promises since these climate accords began in 1995 with the Kyoto Protocol and Accord.

We have had Liberal and conservative governments going to these things and making promises at each and every one and not one of the promises have been kept, regardless of who was in power. All our governments have epically failed. Paul Martin failed, as did Mulroney and Chretien and Harper too. Harper failed on all his promises too https://thenarwhal.ca/harper-s-timeline-canada-climate-change-2006-2014/    Justin is just in a long line of Canadian leaders to blow smoke up everyone asses.

Europe will suffer somewhat come this winter but, I think the world will (and already has) come to the rescue to offset the shortages from Russian oil and natural gas.

Maybe the point is , if they are not going to take action to this declared emergency , why should we be stuck on this endless merry go round. lets make something else our national go to... like health care...and stop wasting our time and dollars. and when a leader comes along that is willing to take action... we pick it up again.

It just seems that nothing is going to get done until it all collapses and we are sitting around watching the world burn up drinking a few beers and saying we should have done something...but hey got my check thank you very much...pass me another beer will you.  Hey Freddy stop drop and role your on fire you stupid bastard...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

It is not hard to sell anything, if you put any effort and money into it. we used to be a leader in Nuclear power tech, now nukes have been canceled regardless if the tech kept advancing... look at micro plants easy to build easy to maintain, but they have been canceled not even in the on the radar

No kidding... so let's not wait for someone else to develop new and sink some gov't funds into it. Time to stop acting like Canadians are helpless and not good enough.
Likewise with geothermal. BCs smack right there in the Ring of Fire and we've done little other than to piddle about 'studying' it.

*Then again this is BC where they study everything to death (bridge/.tunnel? bridge/tunnel? 8 lanes or 6 lanes? exports LNG?) until we've blown $20 billion and 20 years studying until the boat's already sailed....

There is a lot of bull in this article and by the BC and federal Liberals.  There is no climate emergency to begin with.  Climate change is normal and always has happened.  It is not caused by man as many falsely believe.  Politicians are milking this for all it's worth.  

The truth is man emits a miniscule amount of CO2 in the atmosphere.  97% of CO2 in the atmosphere is natural. CO2 is necessary for life on earth.  There will always be some CO2 emissions from mankind because it is just part of life.  That doesn't mean man is causing climate change.  Climate change is caused by many factors such as the radiation from the sun, the huge amount of water vapour in the atmosphere, radiation from space, etc.  Plus CO2 is only a trace gas in the atmosphere to begin with.  So it is ridiculous to blame mankind.  There is no proof that man is causing global warming.  It is a fraud being used by the U.N. and many other politicians for their globalist agenda.

It was the BC Liberals who were one of the first to bring in carbon taxes in 2008 under Premier Gordon Campbell.  As a retired person I paid about $2400 in carbon taxes over an eight year period from 2008 to 2016 and never saw any rebates.  Since then the carbon taxes have been increased drastically and will continue to be increased.  BC pays the highest price in north America for gas and about a third of it is various taxes.

So I am with MLA John Rustad in BC on this who was kicked out of the Liberal caucus by the woke new liberal leader.  The only party which has sensible policies is the BC Conservative Party, but they are pretty much unknown to most people.  They do have a website with their policies which make a lot of sense.  For one thing they would abolish the carbon taxes.  Unfortunately Trudeau will impose them again in other ways.  However the BC Conservatives will not be the puppet for Trudeau as the BC Liberals and NDP are.

Many false predictions have been made in the past decades.

Prince Charles said in 2009 we have on eight years to save the planet.  Source: The Independent, July 9, 2009.

2009: UK prime minister says 50 days to ‘save the planet from catastrophe’ Source: The Independent: October 20, 2009

Wrong Again: 50 Years of Failed Eco-pocalyptic Predictions - Competitive Enterprise Institute (cei.org)

Edited by blackbird

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

There is a lot of bull in this article and by the BC and federal Liberals.  There is no climate emergency to begin with.  Climate change is normal and always has happened.  It is not caused by man as many falsely believe.  Politicians are milking this for all it's worth. 

Help Rustad start his own Neanderthal Party then.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2022 at 6:31 PM, herbie said:

No kidding... so let's not wait for someone else to develop new and sink some gov't funds into it. Time to stop acting like Canadians are helpless and not good enough.
Likewise with geothermal. BCs smack right there in the Ring of Fire and we've done little other than to piddle about 'studying' it.

*Then again this is BC where they study everything to death (bridge/.tunnel? bridge/tunnel? 8 lanes or 6 lanes? exports LNG?) until we've blown $20 billion and 20 years studying until the boat's already sailed....

Canadians are not helpless, or not good enough... what we are is lazy, what I mean about that is a lot of Canadians feel one person can not make a difference, or their voice does not count. Martin Luther King was one person, he made a difference.

Until we stand up and demand the government take notice nothing will change...and if they don't listen then we reelect a new government... 

And if nothing is going to change, then lets move on find a new issue that needs to be changed... my suggestion is health care. This nation has dozens of major issues that should be looked at, and yet after 8 years still nothing, so it is time for a change, and keep changing until they start looking at our issues...This is not a left verses right thing, this is a Canadian issue. I know wishful thinking peoples heads would explode if we voted for another party, like we took a blood oath or something. 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2022 at 5:17 PM, Army Guy said:

This is not a left verses right thing, this is a Canadian issue. I know wishful thinking peoples heads would explode if we voted for another party, like we took a blood oath or something.

So your solution to the Liberals inaction on climate issues is to vote for the party that denies it’s even a problem?   Do you see anything wrong with that?

1 hour ago, TreeBeard said:

So your solution to the Liberals inaction on climate issues is to vote for the party that denies it’s even a problem?   Do you see anything wrong with that?

This is the problem i see right now, the problem is Canadians and false promises from government ... You continually say the conservatives don't have a climate plan, they did have one, and since we are in the middle of electing a new leader then i would have to say wait for it. Only god knows what it will look like. 

All that being said the liberals have been in power for 8 plus years, they have had 3 different plans , None of them worked, odds are the next one is not going to work either. you stick with "lack of progress, and putting my money on a new leader,

I am a conservative, and i do believe in climate change, so much i have solar power, i have heat pumps, I'm on a well, and have a septic...I don't just believe in it i live it. Not one party has lived up to the emergency climate change, and Canadians don't give a rats ass to step up and do something... 

Your vote use it any way you want, and if that is gambling on a 4 th plan from the liberals praying it will do something ... Then fine, But I'm going to ask how many times do have to be bent over the table until you demand change. And if you truly believed in so called climate emergencies, over politics then do something about it...Or continue to beat your head on the table, vote liberal and watch as we continue to do nothing...

Or their is the old fall back, well having some plan is better than none, then i would say it is not much of a priority for you, and lets divert our time and energy to something else...

• 5 months later...
On 8/23/2022 at 8:19 PM, herbie said:

If you lived here, you wouldn't want anything to do with pipelines, tankers, etc. Specially if there's no benefit for you whatsoever, only risks.

Remember all the talk about beefing up the Coast Guard on the Pacific Coast to ensure transportation of oil would be safe? Every mariner out here is reminded of how hollow that sounds whenever they check weather and sea state conditions only to find weather bouys and land stations out of commission day after week after month. It's been like this pretty much since they announced beefing things up.

Which has to do what with Rustad or his riding? Other than what I can tell you... during the Enbridge days he was smart enough to say little, even nod to the anti-pipeline groups while his riding assn were gleefully rubbing their hands together and submitting their work crews and machinery to get in on the cash cow. How he gleefully stood for a photo ops accepting community donations. from Enbridge.

He was pretty decent on forestry issues, so much so the NDP drafted him during the big fire season here, but in retrospect he encouraged overcutting, did nothing to oppose centralization and his entire party completely caved to the USA on appurtenance during softwood talks.

Abandoning support for the carbon tax, which his own party implemented a decade before anyone else, his stand on Covid issues and the total loss of support among local native bands makes him a supreme candidate for the BC Conservatives. He's hoping for massive support from Vanderhoof ( derided locally as Jesusland ) churchies. Good effing luck. Maybe PP should consider him federally, he's deplorable enough.

• 3 months later...
On 8/23/2022 at 3:25 PM, Zeitgeist said:

You’re just another victim of the climate fear hype that’s being used to justify power grabs and oppression.  Dubious conjectures used to cause massive wealth transfers.  Gullible people. Unfortunately there’s one born every minute.  

Exactly.