Is Trudeau trying to cut the world's population in Canada?

17 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Who is they and how long have they been planning this?  Did it take so long that planners died waiting for it? I mean the storms been a-comin for decades right?

Klaus Schwab openly discusses using covid as the excuse for The Great Reset

many died waiting for the takeover of the totalitarian left

Herbert Marcuse, Paulo Freire and Antonio Gramsci just to name a few

Edited by Yzermandius19

2 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

1. it is the case here

2. you aren't saying listen to them by touting the facts they know

3. you are saying listen to them because they are the experts

that's an appeal to authority

1. How?

2. They are in possession of esoteric facts - very specialized knowledge that is beyond my ability to make enough sense of on my own to know what to do with, especially during the immediacy of an emergency where their knowledge is the key to getting through it in one piece.

I'm a captain that is responsible for the lives of my passengers and crew. They're all told to follow my orders, especially in an emergency. I've been at sea long enough  now to have been in several, 4 fires, usually the most dangerous on a boat, a couple of groundings, flooding, life threatening industrial accidents, attending distress calls. Getting the net hung up on bottom with a rising gale was the scariest - we almost tore the drum off the deck and the skipper only broke his leg when the stern caved in. It's patently clear why at times there needs to be someone in complete charge. It's also patently obvious why people are told they need to follow the directions of their captain during an emergency.  

No one goes aboard a boat blind to the fundamental reality that shit sometimes happens and many do so knowing they are completely out of their element and have little choice but to do as they're told.

This is obvious in light of centuries of human experience at sea and learning from both our successes and our failures.

3. I'm not appealing to authority I'm touting it. It's important, there are times we can't afford to ignore it and I know this from decades of my own direct experience as both someone who's followed orders and given them during an emergency.  I get it, all I can do is tell you why I get it.

As for being a totalitarian I admit I kinda miss the days we used to just hollar sit down shut up and hang on. Nowadays you have to be sensitive because everyone has issues and shit.

Retirements really not looking so bad.

40 minutes ago, eyeball said:

1. How?

2. They are in possession of esoteric facts - very specialized knowledge that is beyond my ability to make enough sense of on my own to know what to do with, especially during the immediacy of an emergency where their knowledge is the key to getting through it in one piece.

I'm a captain that is responsible for the lives of my passengers and crew. They're all told to follow my orders, especially in an emergency. I've been at sea long enough  now to have been in several, 4 fires, usually the most dangerous on a boat, a couple of groundings, flooding, life threatening industrial accidents, attending distress calls. Getting the net hung up on bottom with a rising gale was the scariest - we almost tore the drum off the deck and the skipper only broke his leg when the stern caved in. It's patently clear why at times there needs to be someone in complete charge. It's also patently obvious why people are told they need to follow the directions of their captain during an emergency.  

No one goes aboard a boat blind to the fundamental reality that shit sometimes happens and many do so knowing they are completely out of their element and have little choice but to do as they're told.

This is obvious in light of centuries of human experience at sea and learning from both our successes and our failures.

3. I'm not appealing to authority I'm touting it. It's important, there are times we can't afford to ignore it and I know this from decades of my own direct experience as both someone who's followed orders and given them during an emergency.  I get it, all I can do is tell you why I get it.

As for being a totalitarian I admit I kinda miss the days we used to just hollar sit down shut up and hang on. Nowadays you have to be sensitive because everyone has issues and shit.

Retirements really not looking so bad.

you are appealing to authority

you just think appealing to authority is the way to go in an emergency

that how you justify adopting that fallacious thinking

as totalitarians do

covid was never an emergency that required totalitarian measures to survive

some just claimed it was so because they felt safer living under totalitarian rule

it had nothing to do with facts and everything to do with feels

you didn't believe the experts because of facts, you did it based on faith in their expertise

the experts agree with me is a terrible argument

get a better one

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Klaus Schwab openly discusses using covid as the excuse for The Great Reset

many died waiting for the takeover of the totalitarian left

Herbert Marcuse, Paulo Freire and Antonio Gramsci just to name a few

That’s the truth of the downfall of western civilization, insofar as we’re losing our liberal-democracy. The totalitarian left ideologues have penetrated the boards of directors, government, and our boards of education. Some big events provided the opportunity: Covid and the death of George Floyd.   The purpose of these ideologues was never to reform the system towards greater fairness, health outcomes, and freedom for individuals.  It was about destroying capitalism and “the system” to create a top-down Marxist hell led by these same ideologues, the Vanguard of the Proletariat.

In such a system history is erased because it’s patriarchal-colonial-capitalist, along with family and individual rights, because all authority resides with the state that knows best what you need.  You can see how such an outlook strips away intellectual freedom, property, and even scientific fact, which can be written off as social constructs of the capitalist, colonial past.  It can dispense with biological facts because it operates on the ideological plane and relies on propaganda/indoctrination.  It’s built on lies.

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

eyeball has been wallowing in misery for a lot longer than that

if he is going to shill for totalitarians

he's gonna get Capps'd 

if he stops and seeks redemption

then I will have his back

but that seems highly unlikely

I can lead a horse to water

but I can't make it drink

do as you must

tho I don't see how it leads the horse to water in fact, was my point

32 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

do as you must

tho I don't see how it leads the horse to water in fact, was my point

well if you know a better method to get those who claim to be against totalitarianism yet are pushing totalitarianism

to realize they are in denial about supporting what they say they hate

lemme know

not sure how to do that without pointing out what is really going on

how are they going to potentially figure it out if they have blinders on and no one tells what's in their blind spot?

Edited by Yzermandius19

8 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

well if you know a better method to get those who claim to be against totalitarianism yet are pushing totalitarianism

to realize they are in denial about supporting what they say they hate

lemme know

not sure how to do that without pointing out what is really going on

how are they going to potentially figure it out if they have blinders on and no one tells what's in their blind spot?

history shows, there is no way to convince them

they will simply be annihilated by their own totalitarianism, when it is turned back against them

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Maybe wait until inflation subsides

the narrative being propagated by governments that inflation will "subside" somehow,  is nonsense

because inflation is simply too many dollars chasing too few products

so many dollars have been flooded into the economy now, it would take decades for production to catch up

thus, the only way to reduce inflation is to remove dollars from the economy

this is done by the central bank raising interest rates well above the level of inflation

the commercial banks then put their dollars in the central bank instead of loaning them out

but since inflation is already around 8%, that would require interest rates of 12-15%

and that would cause the equity markets to collapse, stocks & real estate

the governments in power would quickly be thrown out of office in the wake of that

so governments are not likely to direct their crony central bankers to do that

hence prepare for stagflation, prices continuing to rise, inciting a recession by demand destruction therein

back to the Seventies, on steroids

We’re watching everyone get poorer, squeezed until the loan and mortgage defaults rise to the level that even Wall Street starts begging for mercy.   Price bubbles burst, people lose their shirts, especially at the bottom, but even some of the affluent.   We just don’t know how tightly the interest rate screws will be wound before this happens.  My sense is that there will be a somewhat permanent lowering of living standards for many until the economy realigns, but that could take years as few employers want to raise wages.  The only thing saving people is low unemployment.  People can find jobs.  Low level jobs won’t be enough to pay the rent and provide a few extras.  People will be working extra shifts, two jobs, etc.  

10 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

We’re watching everyone get poorer, squeezed until the loan and mortgage defaults rise to the level that even Wall Street starts begging for mercy.   Price bubbles burst, people lose their shirts, especially at the bottom, but even some of the affluent.   We just don’t know how tightly the interest rate screws will be wound before this happens.  My sense is that there will be a somewhat permanent lowering of living standards for many until the economy realigns, but that could take years as few employers want to raise wages.  The only thing saving people is low unemployment.  People can find jobs.  Low level jobs won’t be enough to pay the rent and provide a few extras.  People will be working extra shifts, two jobs, etc.  

corrections are a good thing

as such hard times breed better men

when it teaches them the perils of moral hazard

the young men are already becoming aware, it is already driving them towards conservatism

thus, things are actually looking up for a change

back to the Seventies, maan

the last time we were here, it incited a conservative counterrevolution

yeehaw

Edited by Dougie93

9 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Maybe wait until inflation subsides before making food more expensive by reducing crop yields.

Make sure we're talking about something real first though. I declined to participate in this off the bat, based on my understanding that there's a general goal to make fertilizer more sustainable.

Do you know of anything that's more immediate that's happening? Something that might impact us right away?

On 8/24/2022 at 10:54 AM, Yzermandius19 said:

so did the Truckers

and they also stood up for the freedom and livelihoods of more than just themselves

yet you look down on them, as if you are better than them

so clearly you only care about the livelihoods of people in your industry

you're just in it for yourself and your in-group

while you throw everyone else under the bus

pathetic

Actually, there were very few truckers.

Most were hangar ons and party goers whatever else..

On 8/25/2022 at 7:45 PM, cougar said:

Gee,stop this nonsense.    Maybe the boss of your daughter tells her, hey you just need to roll up your skirt a bit further up to keep your job and so on....

You can't mandate people to take anything they don't want.

How many deaths will lifting a skirt prevent?

42 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Gosh, almost the same was said in the late 70's early 80's when interest rates were as high at 18%. We had the oil embargo's where oil prices soared and line ups at gas stations was hours long, if the station even had oil. Average hourly wage was about $3 per hour and average yearly wage was about $21K per year. Inflation was higher than 10%

The world did not come to an end , we survived, life went on. Yes it was hard but we survived. We had to adjust our lifestyles to make it.

I have not a great deal of sympathy because I lived through interest rate highs and cost of living highs much worse than this.

• Like 1

when the central banks raised interest rates to 18-22% in 1981

the debt to gdp ratio was only 25%

the deficit was only 1.5%

now the debt to gdp ratio is over 100%

the deficit is 15%

so the central banks can't raise rates to 18%+ without inciting a massive financial & economic crisis

to include sovereign debt crises, as governments themselves cannot pay their debts at higher interest rates

which is why they are not raising rates to levels which would contain inflation

instead, they are going let inflation burn out of control

which will eventually incite a massive financial & economic crisis in of itself

nobody alive now has ever lived through anything like this

this is an unrepresented debt incited collapse scenario for the modern world

most Canadians are simply financially illiterate and historically ignorant

so they will have to find out the hard way

Edited by Dougie93

23 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Actually, there were very few truckers.

Most were hangar ons and party goers whatever else..

I’m sorry buts that’s complete nonsense.

Most of the people that went to Ottawa had lost their jobs due to the COVID vaccine restrictions placed on certain Canadian workers by an act of government.  Get the jab or you can’t work.  They weren’t there to party, etc, they had no money to even eat.

Then there was the 100,000’s of Canadians that sent money to the trucker convoy and saw their hard earned money seized.  Then some of them had their bank accounts seized.  Without any court or judge ruling that their money or accounts should be seized.

Its far more serious than you suppose.

• Thanks 1