Is Trudeau trying to cut the world's population in Canada?

4 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Not when the vast majority of medical experts say otherwise.

Not always, but this time it does.

medical experts are not public policy experts and this is just an appeal to authority

this time it doesn't, and even if it did, the ability to do it is not what justifies it

get better arguments

because those two arguments are among the worst arguments you can make

if I took your side in a debate, I wouldn't use them, because they would undermine my argument

Edited by Yzermandius19

5 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I'll need to retire, but that's an easy choice to make.

So what am I supposed to say to someone who says I'm actually being forced?

they are being forced

dangling employment over their head to coerce a decision

and you should oppose that

supporting totalitarianism doesn't help your wife or you

Edited by Yzermandius19

3 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Are you arguing we should appeal to public policy experts instead? It sure looks like it.

no

I am arguing that blindly accepting whatever the "experts" say is fallacious

it's called the appeal to authority fallacy

and it is one of the worst arguments a person can make to support their position

experts can be wrong

if they are wrong

them being an expert doesn't make their message right

Edited by Yzermandius19

8 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

they are being forced

dangling employment over their head to coerce a decision

and you should oppose that

supporting totalitarianism doesn't help your wife or you

You're missing something here. You're suggesting choosing to retire so I can care for my wife means I'm caving to totalitarianism?

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

You're missing something here. You're suggesting choosing to retire so I can care for my wife means I'm caving to totalitarianism?

no

I am suggesting that supporting people being fired for not getting vaccinated is totalitarian

choosing to retire to care for your wife is quite noble

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

no

I am suggesting that supporting people being fired for not getting vaccinated is totalitarian

Oh, I thought it was because I supported government goons holding people down and sticking needles into their bodies.

That would be totalitarian. What you said i, at worst regrettable but like I said, the economy is awash with jobs....

...he said to the sound of a tiny violin. 

4 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Oh, I thought it was because I supported government goons holding people down and sticking needles into their bodies.

That would be totalitarian. What you said i, at worst regrettable but like I said, the economy is awash with jobs....

...he said to the sound of a tiny violin. 

both are totalitarian

being able to point to something more totalitarian

doesn't mean another thing isn't totalitarian

21 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

no

I am arguing that blindly accepting whatever the "experts" say is fallacious

it's called the appeal to authority fallacy

This would make sense where the acceptance is blind but this simply just isn't the case here. The only argument you have is that billions of human beings were brainwashed into being blind.

Of course we have to accept this theory blindly because you have no evidence. No names, no memos, no whistleblowers, no evidence of the hundreds of thousands if not millions of people that would have to work in concert to pull it off. 

That's called an appeal to stupidity.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, eyeball said:

This would make sense where the acceptance is blind but this simply just isn't the case here.

it is the case here

you aren't saying listen to them by touting the facts they know

you are saying listen to them because they are the experts

that's an appeal to authority

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

both are totalitarian

being able to point to something more totalitarian

doesn't mean another thing isn't totalitarian

No they're not both totalitarian. At all. Totalitarian is fricken jackboots and machine guns or else.  Please get a grip. Or don't...nothing underscores why appealing to right-wing conservative leadership for at least 100 years would be the biggest fallacy of all. Their sense of perspective is just retarded beyond belief.

4 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

it is the case here

no

it

isn't.

How can you say such a thing given the hundreds of millions upon billions of human beings that are aware of COVID and saw mass graves being dug and hospital systems being overwhelmed.

This is not a hoax. If you think it is you need some sort of help.

Edited by eyeball

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

No they're not both totalitarian. At all. Totalitarian is fricken jackboots and machine guns or else.

false

totalitarian is the government taking control of things they have no good reason to meddle in

control freaks who support government moving into even most private spheres of our lives

that is totalitarianism

jack boots and machine guns flow from that impulse

3 minutes ago, eyeball said:

no

it

isn't.

How can you say such a thing given the hundreds of millions upon billions of human beings were aware of COVID and saw mass graves being dug and hospital systems being overwhelmed.

This was not a hoax.

tons of people blindly trust anyone who claims to be an expert

that certainly happened with covid 

and lead to totalitarianism being considered the best way to fight the virus

you are a prime example of this

Edited by Yzermandius19

Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

false

totalitarian is the government taking control of things they have no good reason to meddle in

control freaks who support government moving into even most private spheres of our lives

that is totalitarianism

jack boots and machine guns flow from that impulse

Yeah well the courage and conviction of tens of millions of people with a long long history of supporting wars against totalitarianism should be flowing too.

So what are you people waiting for given how crystal clear and immediately present you claim the danger is?  When's the storm a-comin'?

Not one single person seems to have an answer to that question.  

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

What about people who are told to have their appendix removed before they go to work? What do you say to them?

Yup, some bar owners require that alright.

Where is there a requirement to have an appendix removed?  I am sure this would be some very weird job - one out of a thousand

Bartenders, same thing, they may want to sleep with their waitress candidates as a condition of employment, but this would be the odd sleezy place people can avoid.

But they cannot avoid a government mandate covering all public service employees, nurses, truckers, police (they did not mandate police, the bigots, as they were afraid of the consequences), and then making it impossible for you to fly, just so they force you, even if your job is in the private sector. 

Bastards!

13 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

tons of people blindly trust anyone who claims to be an expert

that certainly happened with covid 

and lead to totalitarianism being considered the best way to fight the virus

you are a prime example of this

So exactly who did all this considering you're talking about and where did it happen?

Am I supposed to assume the considerers planned COVID in advance of all this or is it more a case of people waiting for a galvanizing event to hatch their plan?

When can we expect to see jackboots and machine guns everywhere we go?  

10 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Yeah well the courage and conviction of tens of millions of people with a long long history of supporting wars against totalitarianism should be flowing too.

So what are you people waiting for given how crystal clear and immediately present you claim the danger is?  When's the storm a-comin'?

Not one single person seems to have an answer to that question.  

waiting until we've seized the initiative

it took decades for the totalitarians to seize it

it will take a while to win it back

charging out on a suicide mission to virtue signal the opposition to totalitarianism does the cause no good

1 minute ago, cougar said:

Where is there a requirement to have an appendix removed?  I am sure this would be some very weird job - one out of a thousand

When you go to Antarctica you're required or were at least to have your appendix removed.  This is force and according to the context dingbats use the word its also totalitarianism.

Bartenders, same thing, they may want to sleep with their waitress candidates as a condition of employment, but this would be the odd sleezy place people can avoid.

Exactly.

But they cannot avoid a government mandate covering all public service employees, nurses, truckers, police (they did not mandate police, the bigots, as they were afraid of the consequences), and then making it impossible for you to fly, just so they force you, even if your job is in the private sector. 

Bastards!

I know what you mean, I have to wear a life jacket at work. It's a government mandate that my private sector employer enforces.  (As captain I get to enforce this on everyone below me but that's different ?)   

11 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

this

they used covid as the excuse to implement totalitarianism

and people fell for it out of fear

Who is they and how long have they been planning this?  Did it take so long that planners died waiting for it? I mean the storms been a-comin for decades right?

12 minutes ago, eyeball said:

When you go to Antarctica you're required or were at least to have your appendix removed. 

I know what you mean, I have to wear a life jacket at work. It's a government mandate that my private sector employer enforces.  (As captain I get to enforce this on everyone below me but that's different ?)   

Antarctica? Exactly - the place where nearly nobody goes.

Wearing a jacket is not the same as having potentially life threatening substances injected into you.  Just stop on this nonsense and you are good.