The death industry for the disabled, mentally ill, and poor is ramping up in Canada

On 8/29/2022 at 4:13 PM, Dougie93 said:

I don't experience the presence of Christ as an authority demanding obedience

it is more like a path, which He beckons me to follow

the fear of God is not that I will be punished

the fear is simply that the presence might not come back, should I forsake Him

the darkness is there all around me

Jesus would not stop me from me from falling into it

as that would make me a doll

instead, He simply leads from the front, and I endeavour to keep up, chasing Him towards the light

To each his own.

On 8/29/2022 at 3:13 PM, TreeBeard said:

Absolutely.  I’m glad we’re in agreement that you can choose to please God based on your religious tenants and I can choose something else, like assisted suicide in Canada, because I’m not concerned with what your god thinks.   

....but of course, in a democratic system, God-fearing people will tend to choose leaders whose policies  reflect their values.   God fearing leaders would tend to make policies that reflect what's in the Scriptures.

The migrants and refugees we let in Canada mostly come from religious cultures - majority are from Abrahamic religions.   

Edited by betsy

21 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

indeed

that is why I don't preach, I only testify

I am not an authority, simply a pilgrim

Now - if that's supposed to be a rebuke on those who "preach" - then, saying "indeed" to what I've said - to each his own - would be a contradiction......isn't it?

Testifying is good.  We should testify. After all, that's what we're supposed to do.  Testifying can also include testifying to the things that God had blessed us with, the good things He's done for us, our God experience(s).

To spread the gospel (as is written and taught in the Scriptures), would  amount to "preaching."   It's what we're supposed to do. That's what we've been commissioned to do.

And, we've been given different talents and skills which we may use.  The gospel is spread on so many different means and ways.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, betsy said:

Now - if that's supposed to be a rebuke on those who "preach" - then, saying "indeed" to what I've said - to each his own - would be a contradiction......isn't it?

it is no rebuke, madam

I wouldn't rebuke a Christian woman for preaching

I am simply not worthy to preach

Lord knows I am a sinner

Jesus of Nazareth came like a stranger in the night to save me

but it is a very personal relationship

just between me & Him

I struggle to keep up, to chase Him

that is more than enough for me

• Like 1

14 hours ago, betsy said:

And, we've been given different talents and skills which we may use.  The gospel is spread on so many different means and ways.

so long as no person tries to get between me & the Lord

I am an Ulster Scots Orangeman

fiery & fearsome

no man nor office between me & the Almighty

fire & brimstone for any who tries to intercede

• Like 1

On 8/15/2022 at 4:10 PM, blackbird said:

Simple.  If you had read the news article, you would find vulnerable people are having pressure put on them to consider medical assistance in dying.  People with mental issues have already been killed by MAID.  That will get far worse as the amended law allowing mental people to choose MAID kicks into effect next year.   I have a son in his fifties who has serious mental issues.  He is a schizophrenic.  He is not capable of rational thinking.  He should never be given that choice.  Other people with health problems that cost the medical system a lot of money or people with financial troubles or people not being properly treated for pain issues are under pressure and feel compelled to take medical assistance in dying.  One doesn't have to be a genius to see the problem with this system and the numbers of people choosing MAID is increasing by the thousands per year now.  The value of life is being degraded and disrespected.  People falsely think MAID is the answer to their problems when in fact it is only the beginning because they will meet their Creator who may have something to say about taking human life against his command.

WTF?

Can you imagine being depressed and in pain and having a Dr or other medical professional advising you to kill yourself?

This is akin to the leftist governments who are talking about school counsellors having conversations with children about possible gender reassignment, and freezing parents out of the equation.

Children and mentally handicapped/depressed adults shouldn't be getting such destructive advice from Drs and counsellors whom they perceive to be powerful and knowledgeable. 

I wonder how likely Drs are to give wealthy people who can afford multiple costly prescriptions (and whose families can lawyer-up) the same advice...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

so long as no person tries to get between me & the Lord

I am an Ulster Scots Orangeman

fiery & fearsome

no man nor office between me & the Almighty

fire & brimstone for any who tries to intercede

You might be interested in the Free Presbyterian Church from Northern Ireland.   They have many sermons from their various ministers.  They have established churches in north America including Canada.  God uses Godly men to preach his word to mankind.  Some are good and some not so much.  Some of the Free Presbyterian sermons are exceptionally powerful.

One website with over two million sermons from countless church and preachers.

SermonAudio Sermon Search

• Thanks 1

On 8/15/2022 at 8:16 PM, TreeBeard said:

No, not quite. 

Bodily autonomy, unfortunately for the fetus, trumps their right to use the woman’s body.  

Just like a 10 year old can be let die if they need their mother’s blood.  They can’t get it without consent. 

It was her decision to have the baby in the first place in most cases, or she would have taken the thousands of preventive measures available, can't blame it on lack of education, unless your very very young, despite sex ed in schools, education from peers, parents and so on, by the time they are sexually active everyone knows the basic of how babies are conceived. which makes it simple either don't have sex or take precautions if you don't want to take reasonability.  So what excuses are left, well I was to lazy to use precautions, can't afford it, most hospitals/clinics give out free condoms....So what excuse is left, asides the real ones like rape, or very young.

Life is already a throw away commodity no need to add to it. 

On 8/15/2022 at 4:16 PM, TreeBeard said:

Bodily autonomy, unfortunately for the fetus, trumps their right to use the woman’s body.  

After 8 months a fetus is actually just a baby living inside of a woman's body - you can take the baby out and it will survive. 

Does the fact that they're behind a wall of skin mean that it can be killed "just because"? 

Just like a 10 year old can be let die if they need their mother’s blood.  They can’t get it without consent. 

I feel sorry for the small animals that couldn't get away from you when you were a kid.

38 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

It was her decision to have the baby in the first place in most cases, or she would have taken the thousands of preventive measures available, can't blame it on lack of education, unless your very very young, despite sex ed in schools, education from peers, parents and so on, by the time they are sexually active everyone knows the basic of how babies are conceived. which makes it simple either don't have sex or take precautions if you don't want to take reasonability.  So what excuses are left, well I was to lazy to use precautions, can't afford it, most hospitals/clinics give out free condoms....So what excuse is left, asides the real ones like rape, or very young.

Life is already a throw away commodity no need to add to it. 

I suppose you can moralize about a woman’s poor decisions all you like.   I suppose we could interrogate them to ensure it was rape, or ensure everything was possible was done to prevent it…. Who do you think should uncover the truth about why the woman is pregnant?  The cops?  A government bureaucrat?   Should she take a lie detector test?

1 hour ago, TreeBeard said:

I suppose you can moralize about a woman’s poor decisions all you like.   I suppose we could interrogate them to ensure it was rape, or ensure everything was possible was done to prevent it…. Who do you think should uncover the truth about why the woman is pregnant?  The cops?  A government bureaucrat?   Should she take a lie detector test?

You place the rights of some far above the rights of others.  Does inconvenience justify murder?  It’s an important question because at some point that “bundle of cell tissue” is a viable baby.   The same question applies to assisted suicide.  Can you honestly say that medical practitioners and family will be able to keep the inconvenience factor outside of the discussions of so-called treatments for mental illness and “pain” when death is a legal “treatment”?   We already saw how human nature took the path of least resistance when a war veteran was encouraged to consider assisted suicide.  Other examples have been cited on here.  I don’t judge people who take their own lives, but I do judge a state that plays an active role in the killing.

21 hours ago, blackbird said:

You might be interested in the Free Presbyterian Church from Northern Ireland.   They have many sermons from their various ministers.  They have established churches in north America including Canada.  God uses Godly men to preach his word to mankind.  Some are good and some not so much.  Some of the Free Presbyterian sermons are exceptionally powerful.

One website with over two million sermons from countless church and preachers.

SermonAudio Sermon Search

thank you

in the face of a now atheist Communist Canada

I could use some Ulster Scots Presbyterian preaching

or as we are called in America

the Scots-Irish

praise the Fisherman

20 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

Last time i checked rape was a criminal offense so yes it involves the cops, the age of the female is another, all the others have choices to make, what do the women do in those states that it is now illegal's to have an abortion. making it more difficult for them to get an abortion perhaps will make them more cautious before peeling off their draws. Today it is open season with no more thought put in to it than putting down your dog at the vets. Do think it is moral to kill babies, or fetuses becasue it is convenient. 

11 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Last time i checked rape was a criminal offense so yes it involves the cops, the age of the female is another, all the others have choices to make, what do the women do in those states that it is now illegal's to have an abortion. making it more difficult for them to get an abortion perhaps will make them more cautious before peeling off their draws. Today it is open season with no more thought put in to it than putting down your dog at the vets. Do think it is moral to kill babies, or fetuses becasue it is convenient. 

And if there is a lack of evidence of rape, but someone still did the raping, you would force a woman to carry a fetus.  Do you think there should even be an exception for rape?

11 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

And if there is a lack of evidence of rape, but someone still did the raping, you would force a woman to carry a fetus.  Do you think there should even be an exception for rape?

I think the issue for most people is timing.  Presumably if someone is raped they’ll access a rape kit within hours or days, not months.  You seem to want limitless euthanasia and abortion, without seeing the potential for serious hurt and yes murder.  You emphasize some people’s rights at the total exclusion of others’.  Back in the Covid debates we constantly heard about personal sacrifice of individual rights for the protection of the wider society, yet that goes out the window on abortion and euthanasia.  

Just now, Zeitgeist said:

I think abortion is wrong but I understand why a woman who is raped would choose to have an abortion.  I don’t judge her.  

Well, we’re the same…. I just can understand why a woman would want an abortion for many reasons beyond rape.  And I don’t judge her. 

But, for the rape exception, does someone have to be found guilty first?

1 minute ago, TreeBeard said:

Well, we’re the same…. I just can understand why a woman would want an abortion for many reasons beyond rape.  And I don’t judge her. 

But, for the rape exception, does someone have to be found guilty first?

Stop.  Unwanted sex is unwanted sex.  Unwanted pregnancy is unwanted pregnancy.  The limits discussed on here relate to time frame.  In an ideal world people have the self-control and judgment such that there are no unwanted pregnancies, but most people make bad choices and have weaknesses.  

27 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

In todays world, really no evidence, no DNA... I'm pretty sure a medical professional would be able to tell if a women had violet sex or not. And the police would have a report on file.  Not reporting it as a rape would be the tricky part.

Yes i do believe there should be exceptions, Rape being one of them , of if the girl is way to young 16 or younger...but everyone else yes i think there should be a very good reason other than Opps sorry i did not have one of the millions of preventive aids with me...or to lazy to get one, or could not afford one...and using abortion as a fail safe to having irresponsible sex. 

7 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Stop.  Unwanted sex is unwanted sex.  Unwanted pregnancy is unwanted pregnancy.  The limits discussed on here relate to time frame.  In an ideal world people have the self-control and judgment such that there are no unwanted pregnancies, but most people make bad choices and have weaknesses.  

Answer the question….  Does a rapist need to be found guilty before an exception can be made and the woman can abort?

1 minute ago, Army Guy said:

In todays world, really no evidence, no DNA... I'm pretty sure a medical professional would be able to tell if a women had violet sex or not. And the police would have a report on file.  Not reporting it as a rape would be the tricky part.

So a doctor and/or police, as long as the woman tells them she was raped would be enough for her to get an abortion?

3 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Yes i do believe there should be exceptions,

Do you give the woman a lie detector test?  

Your moral viewpoint equates to: murdering babies is ok sometimes.  

Murdering babies just because a woman is raped…. How do you people live with yourselves?  That’s no excuse to murder babies!  Next you’ll be allowing abortions on demand!  It’s a slippery slope, y’know….