The death industry for the disabled, mentally ill, and poor is ramping up in Canada

5 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

that doesn't make your worldview any less pathetic and evil

What is"evil" ??

I am saying I support a democratic process. 

I did not say I want to become a ruler of Canada so I can unilaterally start to decrease its population with all means possible.

4 minutes ago, cougar said:

What is"evil" ??

I am saying I support a democratic process. 

I did not say I want to become a ruler of Canada so I can unilaterally start to decrease its population with all means possible.

a majority of people agreeing on something doesn't make it good

especially if that majority supported killing people you find to be a burden to decrease the population

• Thanks 1

In the case of Alan Nichols in Chilliwack, when his relatives questioned his assisted death and asked the RCMP to investigate it, they referred it to health authorities.  It appears that was the last we hear of it.  Tragically, it seems nobody in authority was willing to investigate or question anything, even at the family's urging.  It could almost be described as a conspiracy of silence.  See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.

26 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

For me the big opposing forces today are a society of liberty with God/Spirit at the centre versus a materialist cultural Marxist state with man (insert world leader: Mao, Lenin, Xi, etc.) at the centre. 

an ongoing conflict since 1789

Anglo-American Wars of Independence vs the French Revolutionary Commune

There seems to be a belief by those that support medical assistance in dying (MAID) that if a person is suffering an incurable illness such as cancer for example, that that somehow justifies assisted death.   Their reasoning is based purely on a secular humanist idea.  Right and wrong, morality or immorality, are not built on human reasoning.  They originate from God through his written revelation going back several thousand years.  Today the accurate copy in English is the King James Bible (1611).   This subject actually also reveals an example of why the KJV is accurate and other versions are not.

If you look at Exodus ch20, it says "thou shalt not kill"  Exodus 20:13 KJV

Now if you look at a modern version of the Bible, such as the New International Version (NIV) you will read in the same verse "You shall not murder" Exodus 20:13 NIV.   

The word "murder" is actually a legal word referring to the killing of someone which is contrary to the law.   So if a country's law said it was not illegal for someone to be given assisted death for example, then that commandment using a modern version of the bible and the word murder would on the surface appear to allow it.  This is why the word kill is the correct word.  God's word is not subject to the laws of a nation.  The holocaust is another example.  That may have been legalized by the Nazi government, but it is still killing and contrary to the verse in Exodus ch20:13 in the King James Version.  The KJV Is based on the ancient manuscripts and is 100% accurate.

The Bible takes precedence over any humanist secular reasoning.  It comes from God, the Creator of everything.  He created man in his image and gave him dominion over all the earth.  Nobody has the right to take human life apart from God.  Active killing such as euthanasia is contrary to God's explicit commandment.  

Some might say well it is my right to do what I want with my body.  Again this is contrary to what God says in his word.  God says in the Bible that our bodies belong to him.  Therefore only he has the right to end life.  Anyone may Google that subject as well to find further expanded explanation of it coming from the Bible.

For more information on what is evil:

What is the definition of evil? | GotQuestions.org

Edited by blackbird

there is no preparation for our inevitable doom, except grace

thus it is time to prepare the Sunday supper

in classic Upper Canadian fashion

Angus beef roast in Dijon - Horseradish rub

on the grill from your deck overlooking God's country

steamed brussel sprouts drenched in cheese sauce & mushroom risotto on the side

wine is Niagara-on-the-Lake Chateau Des Charmes 2014 Gamay Noir

happy warriors

the protest is a party

VRI-GSTQ

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

a majority of people agreeing on something doesn't make it good

especially if that majority supported killing people you find to be a burden to decrease the population

Now you are against democracy in exchange for what? a dictatorship?

You see , nature had it all going well from the start - no stupid political systems, no courthouses, no laws and regulations, no ownership agreements no other despotic limitations. 

You walk and provide for yourself - find friends, avoid enemies for as along as you can.  No harm done on the ecosystem - all biologically clean and degradable.

No need for long pointless discussions with someone called Yzermandius over an internet platform, wasting energy and electricity- all just burdening the planet for no good reason.

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Dave Wilcox

he played live at my high school prom

at the Toronto Harbour Castle Hilton

back in the 80's maan

the good ol' days

in Toronto the Good

I'm still unsure what kind of pipe he was laying.

I doubt he was an oil and gas worker.

7 minutes ago, cougar said:

I'm still unsure what kind of pipe he was laying.

I doubt he was an oil and gas worker.

pretty good act for our high school prom tho

we showed up in limousines with our dates

we had rooms rented upstairs at the the Harbour Castle

real 6ix gods, before Aubrey Drake Graham was even born

Edited by Dougie93

44 minutes ago, cougar said:

You see , nature had it all going well from the start - no stupid political systems, no courthouses, no laws and regulations, no ownership agreements no other despotic limitations. 

You walk and provide for yourself - find friends, avoid enemies for as along as you can.  No harm done on the ecosystem - all biologically clean and degradable.

No need for long pointless discussions with someone called Yzermandius over an internet platform, wasting energy and electricity- all just burdening the planet for no good reason.

you want the dictatorship, so long as it is popular and doing what you want

humans prior to civilization

lived lives that were nasty, brutish and short

and bad for the environment too

plenty of harm was done

you aren't pro-environment

just anti-human

you don't want a lower population to help the environment

you want a lower population to punish humans

Edited by Yzermandius19

48 minutes ago, cougar said:

Every governmental system, whether it is a parliamentary democracy or republican democracy or a rule by a borge of elites is still subject to God's laws and commandments.  Otherwise it is evil.  How do you justify evil?  You don't and can't.  Claiming democracy does not absolve anyone from being held accountable by God for their actions and what they support.  You are still accountable to our Creator (and yours) and claiming some law or program is decided by democracy will not give you an out.  Those who support MAID therefore have no excuse.  There is no out because it was done within a democratic system.  It is no different than Hitler's holocaust or Stalin's genocide in Russia.  Those who supported those things are accountable to God.  There is no escaping that fact.

Edited by blackbird

7 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

you want the dictatorship, so long as it is popular and doing what you want

humans prior to civilization

lived lives that were nasty, brutish and short

and bad for the environment too

plenty of harm was done

you aren't pro-environment

just anti-human

you don't want a lower population to help the environment

you want a lower population to punish humans

I doubt that Cougar has the courage of those convictions

Cougar is a gentle soul

God save him

love thine enemies, Jesus of Nazareth said

Mathew 5:43-48

Edited by Dougie93

The fact that human life exists on this planet where the essential ingredients to make life possible is a miracle that some scientists are beginning to recognize as truly amazing and incredible.  It is recognized that life only can exist within a specific narrow range of parameters.  These parameters involve a certain atmosphere with the right amounts of oxygen, carbon dioxide, etc. and little to no poisonous gases.  Life also requires a certain temperature range, a certain level of water, and certain weather patterns that make agriculture possible.  All these things came together, not by chance or some cosmic accident.  These parameters were created by a wonderful Creator who knew exactly what was required.  In fact he also created the laws of physics that regulate the atoms, molecules, and the operations of everything that exists.  When one stands back and sees that, he will understand why many believe in the God who also wrote the Bible and gave his revelation to us.  Since he created everything, why would he not also wish to communicate what it is all about?  It only makes sense.  Therefore we ought to accept his revelation with the reverence it deserves and be willing to accept his teachings on the sanctity of human life.  We are not here by accident, but we are part of a plan by our God who created this universe.

Edited by blackbird

1 minute ago, TreeBeard said:

I know you didn’t mention divorce or women voting.  Because those are progressive values you like, but, in the case of divorce, are against biblical teachings that used to be laws in Canada as well.  

Divorce, when it is unnecessary, is not a good thing.  But there are many divorces that are justified as for example when a person is being abused and there is no way to stop the abuse.  Sometimes divorce is the only solution.

I have had strong disagreements with leaders in a church I attended over that issue.  I believe the Bible does not lock people into a marriage that is harmful and destructive.  I cannot see that God would condone that kind of thing.  There are many marriages that can not be saved.  We have many people who are suffering domestic abuse in this country and a woman is killed by her partner every second day.  That's just the kind of world we live in.   Verses in the Bible cannot be taken in isolation but many other parts of the Bible have to be considered at times.

On 8/22/2022 at 1:02 PM, TreeBeard said:

What if 2 people just decide to divorce and it’s not harmful or destructive?  Clearly, the bible is against this sort of divorce, so should it be illegal?  

No, the right to divorce is a basic human right, although it may be against the Bible in some cases.  But the Bible view on it is really directed to believers.  Governments can not go overboard in controlling non-believers on the subject of marriage and divorce because it is a complex arrangement and is fundamentally up to the couple to decide, not the state, not the Pope, and not churches.  I don't believe in Popery or authoritarianism.  Now, tell us what you believe.

19 hours ago, blackbird said:

Now, tell us what you believe.

I believe my that wife was sent to me from the heavens

when I was just a boy, I took to my knees and prayed for such a mate

and when I was of marrying age,  she was there,  across the room, and it was love at first sight for me

so whenever the marriage is tested, I am compelled to save it

as it is always me who has brought things to the brink, in my fiery Scots Protestant fury, hard man to love

so I run to the banks of that sea and pray for a miracle

and every single time, Jesus of Nazareth answers, shows me the way to mend the union

sacred marriage, a woman God himself sent to me, to take care of me, to cater to my every need

thus I find a way to restore domestic bliss therein, Lord knows I'm a sinner, and so I mend my ways

good times, every day is a gift, another day to prepare

soul making machines, unto the next world to come

• Thanks 1