The death industry for the disabled, mentally ill, and poor is ramping up in Canada

7 hours ago, cougar said:

Yep, Exactly God!  Imagine letting those people out in the wild or out in the industrial jungle on the street.  They will be dead by the grace of God within a day or two.  That was God's will and we can't do much about it. 

no

God does not intervene directly to determine your fate

as that would make you a soulless doll, an automaton

God only comes as a messenger, beckoning your soul to follow

the nature of your soul is the choice

a series of binary choices, to follow the light, or fall into darkness of your own free will

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

You’re a frightening person. 

more pitiful than frightening

lost souls wandering in a pagan wilderness

rather than cast them down, condemn them to the darkness

keep pulling

pulling them towards the light

dive into the dark and take their hand

and pull with all your might

towards the sunlit uplands

we have the strength, we can carry the weight upon our shoulders

when our shoulders are lifted towards the heavens

hear the angels sing

Edited by Dougie93
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, cougar said:

Definitely not for me. Sends shivers down my spine.

I totally understand that.  That's why I feel it's more of a "calling."

I wonder...for anyone here who wants to reply......knowing that this service is available and a bit about what we do.....leaving cost out of it (although it is not expensive)......is this a service that you would utilize at end of your own life?  

The Doula Associations all have the goal of one day having this be a part of regular healthcare.

Another question:  If MAID regulations included requiring a death doula to attend the person in the weeks or months prior to assisted death, would that make a difference for you?

(Obviously not for Blackbird, but that's okay.)

Edited by Goddess

42 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I wonder...for anyone here who wants to reply......knowing that this service is available and a bit about what we do.....leaving cost out of it (although it is not expensive)......is this a service that you would utilize at end of your own life? 

I have only been suicidal once in my life

and that was the moment where I reached out into the dark

and for the first time, invoked the name of the Lord

Jesus of Nazareth

God save me

then He came when called, just as it is written, like a stranger in the night

and over that night my entire perspective was altered

I understood my purpose, the meaning of life

a pilgrim on the road to Calvary

forging a soul by crucible

every day is a gift

one more day to prepare

so I will keep going, to the very last moment,

just keep going, one foot in front of the other, towards the light

ducimus

Edited by Dougie93
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

I totally understand that.  That's why I feel it's more of a "calling."

The Doula Associations all have the goal of one day having this be a part of regular healthcare.

Another question:  If MAID regulations included requiring a death doula to attend the person in the weeks or months prior to assisted death, would that make a difference for you?

(Obviously not for Blackbird, but that's okay.)

Though I oppose active euthanasia, I think accompanying someone through the final moments of life to make them more meaningful and less painful is noble.  

25 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I would definitely prefer to be in control of my death in such a way, rather than just wait to fall down for the last time, or lay in a bed to rot in my own filth and drool. It becomes an issue of quality of life.

My lifestyle, determines my death style.  ;)

The issue is that people are afraid MAID will morph to the point where others make that determination for you.

It's not surprising really given the let 'er rip mentality that seized so many people during COVID - it was like an opportunity lost it seems.

Edited by eyeball

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

The issue is that people are afraid MAID will morph to the point where others make that determination for you.

It's not surprising really given the let 'er rip mentality that seized so many people during COVID - it was like an opportunity lost it seems.

We know what the issue is. The left will always choose the rights of the many, over the few. 

Only a wise man knows what it means to say, the rights of ghe few, or the one.

It’s always about individual rights, but different individuals have different values, wants, and needs, so one individual’s rights can’t bulldoze someone else’s rights.  If someone chooses to do something that doesn’t really infringe on others’ rights, I generally think they are free to do it without penalty.  I take issue with the state aiding self-harm, however.  Hard drugs are illegal for recreational use, yet the state is willing to provide deadly drugs to citizens.  I can’t support that.  I think our government is irresponsible on this.   We have meds for pain and depression.  We have therapies and surgeries.  Having our healthcare system take on the business of killing people turns the Hippocratic Oath upside down.  Is killing now considered treatment?  How do we discourage people from taking their lives in this new context?  How do we prevent the state from offering this solution rather than the best available treatments?  Canadians are foolish to trust the state with so much authority.

Canada is looking quite Chinese totalitarian capitalist. Trudeau’s latest warning off MP’s from supporting Taiwan is another example.  I just want my kids to be able to live and work outside Canada because I don’t like the direction of the country. Euthanasia policy is just one more reason.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

17 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

You people can’t decide if Canada is communist, Nazi or capitalist!  

I’ve been clear from the beginning.  You don’t understand the Chinese brand of capitalism it seems.  It’s totalitarian capitalism.  It’s basically state backed capitalism with tight controls on expression and behaviour.  At the extremes communist governments are almost indistinguishable from fascist ones.  Have you learned any history? Stop the one-liner disingenuous, arrogant retorts.  You fool no one.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

It’s always about individual rights

that is frankly very specific

those rights being God given only within the context of the Christian Protestant Reformation

ultimately an Anglo-American project

come across the Atlantic on the boat to North America

from a very particular place

the banks of the River Boyne in 1690

that being the inflection point, wherein the Enlightenment seizes control of the British Crown

rendering it constitutional, at the Westminster Parliament, at the ascension of William III, Prince of Orange

it is only we Orangemen of Upper Canada who are the Guardians of Confederation

the Supremacy of a loving & merciful God, the rule of the Common Law

said Confederation only incited by the invasion of those Fenian bastards, at Ridgeway, 2 June 1866

semper paratus

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

but different individuals have different values, wants, and needs, so one individual’s rights can’t bulldoze someone else’s rights 

so there is a truce, the Peace of 1848, Responsible Government, pre-Confederation

Louis-Hyppolite LaFontaine & Robert Baldwin

For I've given my heart to the place I was born
And forgiven the whole House of Orange
King Billy and the whole House of Orange

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

We know what the issue is. The left will always choose the rights of the many, over the few.

indeed, and it truly does emanate from the French Revolution, to this day

the left of the President in the National Assembly was towards the Commune

the masses in the streets with the guillotines in the apple carts

the tyranny of the majority, the rule of a mob

the right of the President in the National Assembly being towards the monarchy

God's de  jure representative on earth, the sacred individual

the Scots Protestant Reformation making the seminal alteration

no man nor office between you & the Almighty

thus you are the sacred individual, crowned by Jesus of Nazareth

every man a sovereign, with God given rights & prerogatives unto himself 

Declaration of Independence preamble

the shot heard round the world

Edited by Dougie93
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

I would definitely prefer to be in control of my death in such a way, rather than just wait to fall down for the last time, or lay in a bed to rot in my own filth and drool. It becomes an issue of quality of life.

my father lived in fear of that

but when his end came, it wasn't as he dreaded

we spent his last night on this earth together,

watching hockey, smoking & joking on the back patio under the stars

the next morning, he just collapsed while making coffee in the kitchen

he only woke up at the hospital for a few moments, just as I arrived at his bedside

just enough time to know I was there, to look him in the eyes, hold his hand and say so

then he was gone, he crossed over, no catastrophe, he just went to sleep for a minute, then departed

my old man was a sinner, and not a believer

yet he was forgiven, no crucifixion at the end as he feared

loving & merciful God

I have faith, that I will go to the foot of the Lord, directly, and serenely, when my time comes

just like my father before me, he showed the way, just like he hoped he could

and if by chance I do end up in some sort of limbo,

quite sure my wife will punch my ticket for me

last will & testament, I am DNR all the way, no worries, she has the green light

she's Irish-German, strong woman, she won't let me linger in purgatory, she will do her duty

rejoice at the coming of the angel of death

if you have walked the path of the righteous, to a life full of love & purpose

if you've done good in the face of evil

if you've been brave when all around you cowered

if you've been stalwart for the brothers to the left & right of you

then no fears on earth

Edited by Dougie93

1 hour ago, Contrarian said:

Life would be so much simpler if you were just a loyalist.

I guess you can sleep at night better justifying certain things.

well, the entire purpose of Canada is to be a Loyalist

that is the very essence of Canada, our mission as a nation

so I sleep like a baby therein, king sized bed, Egyptian cotton sheets, air conditioning cranked down to 18ºC

and it is blissful

crickets chirruping as I drift off to slumber on my modest yet luxurious estate,  bathed in silvery moonligjht

our dogs at our feet, guarding us while we sleep

Victoria Regina Imperatrix, God save the Queen & Empress, Mother Canada

Edited by Dougie93

6 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

It’s always about individual rights, but different individuals have different values, wants, and needs, so one individual’s rights can’t bulldoze someone else’s rights.  If someone chooses to do something that doesn’t really infringe on others’ rights, I generally think they are free to do it without penalty.  I take issue with the state aiding self-harm, however.  Hard drugs are illegal for recreational use, yet the state is willing to provide deadly drugs to citizens.  I can’t support that.  I think our government is irresponsible on this.   We have meds for pain and depression.  We have therapies and surgeries.  Having our healthcare system take on the business of killing people turns the Hippocratic Oath upside down.  Is killing now considered treatment?  How do we discourage people from taking their lives in this new context?  How do we prevent the state from offering this solution rather than the best available treatments?  Canadians are foolish to trust the state with so much authority.

Canada is looking quite Chinese totalitarian capitalist. Trudeau’s latest warning off MP’s from supporting Taiwan is another example.  I just want my kids to be able to live and work outside Canada because I don’t like the direction of the country. Euthanasia policy is just one more reason.  

Another serious danger of the MAID program has been revealed recently by an employee in the Department of Veterans Affairs who brought up the subject of medical assistance in dying to a Veteran  with PTSD.  Who would have dreamed that the MAID program would go that far even before it has legally been expanded to include people with mental illness?  Having care workers in long term care, or hospital workers, or doctors, or anyone else who is responsible for caring or in contact with patients bring up the subject is totally irresponsible and wrong.

Edited by blackbird

23 hours ago, blackbird said:

The Supreme Court also makes rulings simply based on what is popular at the time.  That is not what a Supreme Court is for.

So you’re saying the Supreme Court should have upheld laws that women and indigenous people shall not vote?

Do you think women should be allowed to divorce their husbands?  Or should we revert that back to align with the bible as well?

Edited by TreeBeard

15 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

........ and think it’s fine to murder a full term baby the day before the birthing due date.  ..........

I am not killing no baby !

The mother to be and the doctor will do it, because the first wants it and the second is paid for the procedure.  Take your issues about morality with those two.  I simply say, if they are OK doing it, I am perfectly fine with them doing it.  I would encourage them too!

21 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

all those people you want to kill, cougar

their body is not your body

therefore it's not your choice

What are you talking about again???

Did I

ever say that

I will be killing someone????

D'er Government will be authorizing the killing as usual.    I say "yes".  You say "no"  - our votes will cancel one another.

1 hour ago, TreeBeard said:

So you’re saying the Supreme Court should have upheld laws that women and indigenous people shall not vote?

Do you think women should be allowed to divorce their husbands?  Or should we revert that back to align with the bible as well?

Silly questions.  Okay we’ll play your game.  Do court justices ever make bad decisions?  Are judges and juries infallible?   

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, cougar said:

What are you talking about again???

Did I

ever say that

I will be killing someone????

D'er Government will be authorizing the killing as usual.    I say "yes".  You say "no"  - our votes will cancel one another.

so you only support all that killing if enough people vote for it

that doesn't make your worldview any less pathetic and evil

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OftenWrong said:

Ah Richelieu 

at last you are exposed

for the insidious traitor

and murderous coward

you people are

We see this immorality ingloriously on display with Sam Harris atm; where the ends justify the means even if it means the dead bodies of children in Hunter Biden's sex dungeon.

• Haha 1