Driving in America - Its Foolish Divide

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/12/2022 at 3:33 AM, August1991 said:

As a Canadian, I recently drove through Vermont and New Hampshire. I stopped in Starbucks. Bought Big Macs.

I saw the people at the beach.

Simply looking at a person, hearing them, I could predict what the person thought of Trump.

=====

America is foolishly divided.

Half of IQ’s are under 100. Their guy captures all of them, so the rest of the GOP only needs another 5 or 10% of the votes after the sub-100’s.

Edited by Rebound

On 8/12/2022 at 3:33 AM, August1991 said:

As a Canadian, I recently drove through Vermont and New Hampshire. I stopped in Starbucks. Bought Big Macs.

Simply looking at a person, hearing them, I could predict what the person thought of Trump.

=====

I don't think that they understand the forces buffeting them.

But I have so many questions....

What are the beaches like in Vermont?

What's a Starbucks Big Mac taste like??

?

On 8/12/2022 at 12:33 AM, August1991 said:

=====

What is foolish about strongly opposing someone who cares more about personal power than the will of the electorate and is willing to lie and incite violence to keep personal power? IMO, Trump believes he is above the law based on his claims of absolute immunity.

Trump claims he has “absolute immunity” from Jan. 6 lawsuits in new court filing

And it's NOT the first time he's tried that.

On 9/5/2022 at 4:52 PM, robosmith said:

What is foolish about strongly opposing someone who cares more about personal power than the will of the electorate and is willing to lie and incite violence to keep personal power? IMO, Trump believes he is above the law based on his claims of absolute immunity.

Trump claims he has “absolute immunity” from Jan. 6 lawsuits in new court filing

And it's NOT the first time he's tried that.

January 6th nothingburger can't stop him

On 9/5/2022 at 8:31 AM, Michael Hardner said:

What are the beaches like in Vermont?

What's a Starbucks Big Mac taste like??

?

Lake Champlain is beautiful and Starbucks Big Macs taste like overprocessed garbage. 

What I want to know is how on earth did he find anyone MAGA in Vermont. When I was last in Burlington, I got my hair cut. I asked my barber what she thought of Bernie Sanders. She said, “Uh, well… I’m not a big fan.”  I asked her why, and she said, “When he started out, he said ‘Tax the millionaires,’ but now, he says ‘Tax the billionaires.’ “

So there you have it: Burlington, VT is too liberal for Bernie!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, August1991 said:

You misunderstand.

IMHO, America is a wonderful place. It has people like Trump - and they can even become President.

I highly DOUBT it is "wonderful" that a rank amateur pol and demagogue like Trump can become POTUS by LYING all the time and appealing to the worst instincts of the "poorly educated" (whom he "loves"). ?

• Like 1

Many politicians view themselves as above the laws that you must follow.

It's simply the nature of the scorpion.

Insider trading? Bad if you do it...a virtue when Pelosi does it.

Mask mandates? Only for you...ask Boris or Justin. If you can tear them away from the scallops wrapped in bacon....$7000+ grocery bill per month at Trudeau's house on your dime...betcha it isn't bugs.

Etc..etc...etc...there are many examples.

Their attitude? Let them eat cake.

Forgetting that Madam Guillotine goes swoosh....dummies. Let's hope they get their heads on straight...

16 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Many politicians view themselves as above the laws that you must follow.

It's simply the nature of the scorpion.

Insider trading? Bad if you do it...a virtue when Pelosi does it.

Mask mandates? Only for you...ask Boris or Justin. If you can tear them away from the scallops wrapped in bacon....$7000+ grocery bill per month at Trudeau's house on your dime...betcha it isn't bugs.

Etc..etc...etc...there are many examples.

Their attitude? Let them eat cake.

Forgetting that Madam Guillotine goes swoosh....dummies. Let's hope they get their heads on straight...

Why single out Pelosi? Isn’t it clear that Congress should pass anti insider trader laws which affect all congresspeople?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Rebound said:

I see. You don’t actually give a damn, you just want to take shots at Pelosi. Now I know where you’re coming from. 

I come from France.

Poor Nancy...she was just standing their all innocent-like when all that money fell from the sky. It nearly killed her!

8 hours ago, August1991 said:

MAGA = Make America Great Again

IME, most Americans - push comes to shove (Red/Blue/whatever) - are typical/proud Americans.

America is already great. And putting a fascist in charge won’t make us greater, it will destroy us. He lost by 4 million votes, then he lost by 7 million votes and staged a riot to try to stay in power. Now he has lawyers trying to impose new rules to allow state legislatures to overturn any presidential election results they want. There is nothing good about subverting the vote. 

Edited by Rebound
  • Like 1

On 9/10/2022 at 8:11 AM, Rebound said:

America is already great. And putting a fascist in charge won’t make us greater, it will destroy us. 

----

Fascist?

I'm not American. To me, Trump, Clinton, Bush - even Obama - you're all the same. American.

====

I don't think that you Americans quite understand your position in the world.

==

As a Canadian, I travel abroad differently than you.

I enjoy all the privileges of being American without any of the consequences.