Misinformation and hair-brained conspiracy theories have a price, Mr. Jones - $50M and more to come

Moonbox

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

This sounds like the basis for the admiration Trudeau has for dictatorships that can get things done.

Never mind the fact it's the public that authorizes and finances the government.

You figure a simple x on a ballot every 4 or 5 is all the accountability the public needs or deserves?

Don't be so naive.

Do you really think that Trudeau invented this stuff??

You cannot believe the publlc authorizes expenditures??? How much did you have to say about any budget from any level of government at any level, ever??

Never said that is what they deserve but in our system that is what it is.

2 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Yup, the public has very little influence on policy and processes and procedures. if you think they do, you are naive.

It has everything to do with having in camera meetings. Things are discussed and decided and if they were openly public, nothing would be accomplished by anyone. There would be too many comments and whiners and objections, just as seen in this forum. Consensus would never be achieved.

You voted for your representative to decide for you, over and out, like it or not.Oh and, they do not have to tell you everything that is said or done. :)

Thanks for at least being honest and simply saying the public should be happy with the transparency it gets.

3 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Don't be so naive.

You cannot believe the publlc authorizes expenditures??? How much did you have to say about any budget from any level of government at any level, ever??

Never said that is what they deserve but in our system that is what it is.

We authorize our governments by voting and then finance them with taxes.

You really need to have this pointed out to you?

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

Thanks for at least being honest and simply saying the public should be happy with the transparency it gets.

Never said they should be happy but, it is the way it is and has been form day one.

If you think the public should hear and see and know what goes on it the hallowed halls of government that runs a country (or municipality or province), well, you really are unaware of the business of governing.

9 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

No, it's pretty much how all governments work.

It's also pretty much the basis for the divide and discontent that's growing between humans that govern and humans that are governed.

Just look around the planet at the result. It's unsustainable.

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

We authorize our governments by voting and then finance them with taxes.

You really need to have this pointed out to you?

You give, you get.

Any government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone or somewhere else.

Pretty simple. You want welfare, you gotta pay. You want EI, you gotta pay. You want CPP you gotta pay. You want the government to do or buy or build anything, you gotta pay.

3 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Never said they should be happy but, it is the way it is and has been form day one.

If you think the public should hear and see and know what goes on it the hallowed halls of government that runs a country (or municipality or province), well, you really are unaware of the business of governing.

I've been involved with the business of local governance where I live for nearly 40 years now.

38 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I've been involved with the business of local governance where I live for nearly 40 years now.

So???

And you have no secrets?? You held nothing back... ever? If you say yes, I cannot believe you, you have no credibility.

On 8/15/2022 at 12:16 PM, Moonbox said:

In the same breath that you criticize use of words mis/disinformation, you're nattering about lefties, big tech and how they shut down anyone who disagrees with them.  You're showing a remarkable lack of perspective here.  

Your oblivious hypocrisy on majestic display.   ?

???????? Clarify a little more in what you are really trying to reply to here just so I get you right? 

You will find no hypocrisy from me. The lefties and big tech are trying to and do shut down any and all conservative opinions and points of view that those lefty and big tech scum do not want to hear or for others to be able to hear and read. Conservatives mention this all the time. Wake up, clown face. 

So, judging by your attack on me it tells me that you are just another one of those lefty big tech lovers yourself, right clown face? Come on, man admit it will you. ?

1 hour ago, taxme said:

You will find no hypocrisy from me. The lefties and big tech are trying to and do shut down any and all conservative opinions and points of view that those lefty and big tech scum do not want to hear or for others to be able to hear and read. Conservatives mention this all the time. Wake up, clown face. 

I think I explained my post pretty well.  You were complaining about misuse of the terms "mis/disinformation" but then went listing a bunch of silly rightwing bogeyman terms for "lefties".  

Judging by your rhetoric, your dislike of the terms are very likely due to how inconvenient they are for your viewpoints.  

7 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

but you do follow news organizations that do the same shit you accuse others of

I don't follow news organizations that sort of dumb shit.  That's why I don't follow Fox News, or CNN or a good many others.  

Even Fox News, however, isn't dumb enough to push the narrative of Sandy Hook being a hoax.  That takes a special sort of villain, and an even more "special" intellect to listen to him.  

7 hours ago, Moonbox said:

I don't follow washed-out actors with melted brains from years of heroin abuse that can't separate fact from fiction.  The number of times Russel Brand has embarrassed himself by repeating some dogshit story he read but never scrutinized is embarrassing - similar to Joe Rogan but at least that guy has the humility to admit when he's been caught saying something stupid. 

I had heard of Russell Brand before and didn't know too much about his past life. I have watched some of his videos on Youtube and he does inject some humour into his clips. Frankly I find myself agreeing with him on some thing and he get's his point across well. 

I don't know much about his history of drug use and the effects on his brain but drug use has always been common with celebrities.

Joe Biden is on record as saying that the smartest person he knows is Hunter Biden who we all know is a heavy drug user. Hunter must be some kind of genius because he get's paid huge sums of money by hostile foreign governments while never appearing to do any real work.?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

So???

And you have no secrets?? You held nothing back... ever? If you say yes, I cannot believe you, you have no credibility.

Lol... I'm a volunteer on our regional district's area planning commission. I've never seen a single in-camera meeting in all the decades I've been involved.

Roof heights, property setbacks, and building variances are not exactly the stuff of corruption.

4 hours ago, Moonbox said:

I don't follow news organizations that sort of dumb shit.  That's why I don't follow Fox News, or CNN or a good many others.  

Even Fox News, however, isn't dumb enough to push the narrative of Sandy Hook being a hoax.  That takes a special sort of villain, and an even more "special" intellect to listen to him.  

if you're going to follow politics

you should be paying attention to both the left and right

to avoid living in an echo chamber

you shouldn't only pay attention to the people you agree with

Edited by Yzermandius19

18 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

ha ha ha

shout out to all the haters

y'all made Alex Jones richer by trying to cancel him

epic backfire

thank you, come again

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-08-15/alex-jones-got-even-richer-after-being-thrown-off-social-media

Can't open your link because I am not going to be "allowing" stuff or "managing cookies"

But it is

clear

this is one of your posts that

make zero

s

e

n

c

e

!

14 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

if you're going to follow politics

you should be paying attention to both the left and right

to avoid living in an echo chamber

you shouldn't only pay attention to the people you agree with

I do follow both left and right, and until Donald Trump subverted the right I would have considered myself firmly conservative and a staunch Trudeau hater.  Alex Jones, Donald Trump and the conspiracy parade are not right wing.  They’re just a combination of stupid and/or completely and shamelessly amoral.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, ironstone said:

I had heard of Russell Brand before and didn't know too much about his past life. I have watched some of his videos on Youtube and he does inject some humour into his clips. Frankly I find myself agreeing with him on some thing and he get's his point across well. 

I don't know much about his history of drug use and the effects on his brain but drug use has always been common with celebrities.

Joe Biden is on record as saying that the smartest person he knows is Hunter Biden who we all know is a heavy drug user. Hunter must be some kind of genius because he get's paid huge sums of money by hostile foreign governments while never appearing to do any real work.?

Joe Biden and Hunter Biden are their own can of problems.  You don’t see me quoting them here to support my arguments though, do you?  Russel Brand can certainly be funny, but he’s a complete tool.  

26 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Joe Biden and Hunter Biden are their own can of problems.  You don’t see me quoting them here to support my arguments though, do you?  Russel Brand can certainly be funny, but he’s a complete tool.  

Agree with all this except the last sentence.  Brand is actually very bright.  I just wouldn’t rely on one or two or even 10 news sources.  Have to read a range of sources, discern agendas, and think critically.  

49 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

I do follow both left and right, and until Donald Trump subverted the right I would have considered myself firmly conservative and a staunch Trudeau hater.  Alex Jones, Donald Trump and the conspiracy parade are not right wing.  They’re just a combination of stupid and/or completely and shamelessly amoral.  

nonsense

Donald Trump is a major upgrade compared to the vast majority of the post-Reagan GOP

Donald Trump > The Bush's, Bob Dole, John McCain and Mitt Romney

Donald Trump's subversion of the party is a much needed positive development

The GOP has stepped it's game up

while the Democrats have gone totally insane

Edited by Yzermandius19

30 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Agree with all this except the last sentence.  Brand is actually very bright.  I just wouldn’t rely on one or two or even 10 news sources.  Have to read a range of sources, discern agendas, and think critically.  

No.  He's said enough stupid shit over the last few years to preclude himself from being described as "bright".  You can say whatever you want about him, and he has a manic sort of charisma that even I find appealing at times, but he's not living in a fact-based world.  

13 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

nonsense

Donald Trump is a major upgrade compared to the vast majority of the post-Reagan GOP

Donald Trump > The Bush's, Bob Dole, John McCain and Mitt Romney

Donald Trump's subversion of the party is a much needed positive development

The GOP has stepped it's game up

while the Democrats have gone totally insane

Yes, I know you think that.  The GoP isn't even a party anymore.  It's a joke.  It's a Donald Trump personality cult.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

No.  He's said enough stupid shit over the last few years to preclude himself from being described as "bright".  You can say whatever you want about him, and he has a manic sort of charisma that even I find appealing at times, but he's not living in a fact-based world.  

Yes, I know you think that.  The GoP isn't even a party anymore.  It's a joke.  It's a Donald Trump personality cult.  

I didn’t like Trump but something tells me that given our soaring cost of living and the continued global pressure to curtail our free market system, Trump will be the next president.  He’ll prime the economy and refuse to let foreign players compromise the American way of life.  I’m jealous actually and hope our next PM will fight for Canadians.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I didn’t like Trump but something tells me that given our soaring cost of living and the continued global pressure to curtail our free market system, Trump will be the next president.  He’ll prime the economy and refuse to let foreign players compromise the American way of life.  I’m jealous actually and hope our next PM will fight for Canadians.  

Inflation is a global problem but people everywhere are blaming their specific for governments for it.  Trump may end up as president again, but he only pretends to be a good economic steward.  It’s easy to look good in the moment when you run huge deficits while everything is already going well as he did, but the problem is that you’re just making everyone more poor down the road.