Misinformation and hair-brained conspiracy theories have a price, Mr. Jones - $50M and more to come

Moonbox

17 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

If PP comes to power, I think it'll be different.

You mean like the way Trudeau promised real change, and yet ... 

Every candidate promises the moon to get the votes, then forget most of what they promise.  PP, if he even gets elected, will be no different.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Every candidate promises the moon to get the votes, then forget most of what they promise.  PP, if he even gets elected, will be no different.

He couldn't be worse...

18 minutes ago, dialamah said:

That’s why government has to be reduced.  Starve the beast.  Boost Charter rights.  Canadians are micromanaged in their behaviour and what are considered “acceptable views”.  It’s become Cuba light, without the warm winter.  PP can do good simply by pushing through legislation that prevents future governments from doing bad.

Much of what the electorate has been taught by our government to care about is exaggerated or nonsense. Our organizations spend more time now telling people they are racist and deciding which pronouns are acceptable than doing business or educating people in important skills.  The constant fear peddling and expenses to support it all, whether it’s Covid measures or the “climate emergency”, are fleecing us all.  We’re told how to think and live by people who are irresponsible.  I’m for reducing these people’s ability to screw up our country.

Edited by Zeitgeist

3 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

He couldn't be worse...

Neil Oliver made a vid the other day taking us way back to 1215. This is the thing the 'elites' wish to ditch. The whole idea of there being a noble class and a peasant class is VERY appealing to them. And perhaps they have the modern tools to accomplish such a thing globally, they muse to themselves at mountaintop meetings.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

That’s why government has to be reduced.

What do you mean, exactly, by reducing government?  

5 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

The constant fear peddling and expenses to support it all, whether it’s Covid measures or the “climate emergency”, are fleecing us all.  We’re told how to think and live by people who are irresponsible

I, along with many Canadians - especially those who've already experienced extreme events due to climate change - disagree.

As for Covid, most people saw the effects of the lack of precautions early on, supported government attempts to slow the spread.  That wasn't due to fear mongering, it was because reasonable people saw.what was happening around the world and drew their own conclusions.

20 minutes ago, dialamah said:

What do you mean, exactly, by reducing government?  

I, along with many Canadians - especially those who've already experienced extreme events due to climate change - disagree.

As for Covid, most people saw the effects of the lack of precautions early on, supported government attempts to slow the spread.  That wasn't due to fear mongering, it was because reasonable people saw.what was happening around the world and drew their own conclusions.

Most of us bought into government measures until the vaccines were widely available, though those measures came with massive costs we will pay for years, not just financial.  As for the climate hysteria, don’t make me laugh.  Carbon taxes are existence taxes.  If you want people to buy so-called green products that produce little electricity and create batteries that destroy the environment, use persuasion.  Truth, knowledge, and technology are real tools. Don’t throw people’s hard earned money at more bottomless money pits.

Edited by Zeitgeist

3 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Reasonable people were convinced it came from a Chinese wet market rather than the rather obvious level 4 military germ-lab down the street.

Yup I think it came from the lab.  Our governments were funding extremely high risk gain of function bio weapon experiments with foreign powers.  They use the excuse of national security to keep this from the public, but who is the threat here?  Not the public.  Reduce and restrict the powers of these creepers!

3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yup I think it came from the lab.  Our governments were funding extremely high risk gain of function bio weapon experiments with foreign powers.  They use the excuse of national security to keep this from the public, but who is the threat here?  Not the public.  Reduce and restrict the powers of these creepers!

Not only did it come from a lab, but Canada...us...we provided the bat virus samples. At least that what it looks like, eh?

From 2019...before the coof.

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opinion/questions-surround-canadian-shipment-of-deadly-viruses-to-china-66254

If you search these days, you'll have trouble finding that article and others that are similar with similar concerns re: Canada. But there are numerous MSM articles demonstrating frantically that such crazy ideas are the realm of Alex Jones and such...

29 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

what about his words incites violence when he specifically condemned it?

What about them? He was ass covering. If he was  concerned about what happened to those people he wouldn't have told lies about them. He wouldn't have just made up shit about them and broadcast it to all his moronic followers.

14 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

A trusted Canadian source...right?

August 2019...National Post

Bio-warfare experts question why Canada was sending lethal viruses to China

https://nationalpost.com/health/bio-warfare-experts-question-why-canada-was-sending-lethal-viruses-to-china

Unfortunately this is the reality behind all the phoney woke-green rhetoric: Our government signed off on work that put the world at risk.  If it is ever discerned that this was the cause of Covid, the millions of deaths and lockdowns worldwide… It’s horrifying actually just how reckless and naive these people are.  Just keep worrying about your use of pronouns and everything will be fine…

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

Unfortunately this is the reality behind all the phoney woke-green rhetoric: Our government signed off on work that put the world at risk.  If it is ever discerned that this was the cause of Covid, the millions of deaths and lockdowns worldwide… It’s horrifying actually just how reckless and naive these people are.

Well we'll never know now...lol.

Down that memory hole Winston Smith style.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Nationalist said:

I don't think anyone is "defending" Jones. I think they're saying he should have the right to voice his opinion, no matter how distasteful. Apparently though, the law disagrees.

The Law is the Law, and it's based on reason and precedent.  You are 100% defending Alex Jones, despite the fact that you're at least smart enough not to defend Sandy Hook hoax stories.  

He's being punished because he wasn't just voicing an opinion.  He made up a malicious lie, shouted it to anyone who'd listen and presented it as fact.  The idea that you can just tell everyone afterwards, "That's what I believed" or "That was my opinion" to absolve yourself of responsibility is absurd.  The Law agrees with that being absurd because if it didn't,  libel and slander laws would be worthless.  

As for the damages he's been ordered to pay, they're not going to ruin him (yet) because he made a lot of money telling his lies, which is also one of the reasons the numbers are so high.  The Law is designed to deter bad actors from repeating harmful behavior.  If Alex Jones only had to pay a couple of million, that means he'd have made more money telling the lie than he was penalized for it.  That's not deterrence.  That's carte-blanche to continue doing what he's doing.  Penalties have to hurt or they're pointless.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

There were actually folks that wanted to blame the Beatles for the Manson Family. To jail with the Beatles!

Manson didn't personally kill anyone either. He wasn't present for any of the killings. I guess his words meant nothing as well.

Edited by Aristides

4 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Manson didn't personally kill anyone either. I guess his words meant nothing as well.

That was always a sticking point re: Charlie's trial. Bugliosi had to make that stretch and tie the act of cult brainwashing to the actual act of murder.

I agree with his results.

Edited by DogOnPorch

29 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Neil Oliver made a vid the other day taking us way back to 1215. This is the thing the 'elites' wish to ditch. The whole idea of there being a noble class and a peasant class is VERY appealing to them. And perhaps they have the modern tools to accomplish such a thing globally, they muse to themselves at mountaintop meetings.

He's quite correct.

Its really "We The People" who posses political power.

Its our elected representatives who get corrupted and act out in ways they hurt "We The People". They get offered wealth and bend to the desires of "other interests". It appears a major "other interest" today is this overall need to maintain China as a manufacturing hub for the western world. I have always found that detestable.

• Thanks 1