Misinformation and hair-brained conspiracy theories have a price, Mr. Jones - $50M and more to come

Moonbox

9 minutes ago, Aristides said:

You are a F***ing clown sticking up for this POS. It says more about you than me.

Go and search this posters moral positions as posted on here.  They have defended hate mongering, including the publications that inspired those who murder innocent Muslims.

Also from the F*** Canada crowd.  A fine patriot.

Though they did say that they found Women's Soccer disgusting so Yzer can indeed take a stance on some things.

https://repolitics.com/forums/search/?&q=Disgusting &author=Yzermandius19&search_and_or=or

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Go and search this posters moral positions as posted on here.  They have defended hate mongering, including the publications that inspired those who murder innocent Muslims.

Also from the F*** Canada crowd.  A fine patriot.

Though they did say that they found Women's Soccer disgusting so Yzer can indeed take a stance on some things.

https://repolitics.com/forums/search/?&q=Disgusting &author=Yzermandius19&search_and_or=or

why would I take a stand against Alex Jones, especially when his haters are this stupid?

14 minutes ago, sharkman said:

Until the appeal, that is…

Until the plaintiffs appeal for even more?

You don't just get to appeal, the appeals court judges have to decide whether you have a case.

https://www.reuters.com/business/media-telecom/whats-next-conspiracy-theorist-alex-jones-2022-08-05/

Edited by Aristides

5 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

he's worth $270 million

these lawsuits are a mere drop in the bucket

AJ will still be filthy f*ckin rich when all is said and done

suck on that, hater

He has two more cases pending in Texas and another in Connecticut. Maybe more will appear as the dominos fall.

Your standards of integrity are even lower than I imagined.

Edited by Aristides
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

I guess you can ask the same thing of Trump? Is Trump responsible for the actions of some on 6 Jan??

Seems more and more likely that the hearings are determining that Trump had a major roll in the 6 Jan events. 

I don't know if the police are or did go after the people making the threats but, were they incited by someone?

"Leftist lies that led to mass violence in 2020"? Can you elaborate please?

1. No, Trump is not responsible for the actions of others. 

2. The January 6th "committee" is a clown show full of all democrats or Trump haters lol... same old nonsense just like "collusion"

3. Absolutely... they've falsely claimed cops were racist with no evidence other than some manipulated statistics. 

On 8/7/2022 at 11:16 PM, Moonlight Graham said:

If Jones told people to harass someone, he should be charged for inciting harassment.

If Jones has a dumb opinion and other people break the law he isn't legally responsible.  It's as simple as that.  People are responsible for their own actions.

Unfortunately for you, it really isn't as simple as that, and there are well-established limitations to the First Amendment with 100+ years of legal precedent proving you wrong.  The First Amendment doesn't protect speech that directs to incite or produce imminent lawless action or that is likely to incite or produce such action.  

Fortunately for everyone, legal systems around the world are well-equipped to deal with the sort of goofy distinctions you would try to draw, or Alex Jones' lawyers would.  When you whip people up into a mob, for example, it doesn't matter that you didn't tell them to burn those trucks down the street. You whipped them up into a mob and got them angry and spurred them to action (however vague), and the consequences (though not specific) were foreseeable.  You likely won't get charged for burning the car yourself, but you'd be held accountable for setting the stage.  

That's how the Law actually works.  You are responsible for your words and in many cases the consequences that arise from them.  This is why slander and libel cases succeed.  Your words have consequences.  

Edited by Moonbox
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

he'll still be filthy rich

muahaha

Only because the dumbest dredges of society listen to him, and spend their money on the garbage supplements, trinkets and doo-dads he hokks.  

If you're going to laugh at anyone, laugh at them

Oh wait...

Edited by Moonbox
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, West said:

1. No, Trump is not responsible for the actions of others. 

2. The January 6th "committee" is a clown show full of all democrats or Trump haters lol... same old nonsense just like "collusion"

3. Absolutely... they've falsely claimed cops were racist with no evidence other than some manipulated statistics. 

Chuckle.

I could not have expected a more closed minded response.

35 minutes ago, West said:

Lol.. coming from a guy who believes the reoccurring clown show is legitimate

HA HA HA

Cannot take the fact I don't care about your opinion.

Rest assured, when you say something foolish and unsubstantiated though, I will let you know

Edited by ExFlyer

19 hours ago, dialamah said:

The point is that these people didn't ignore it.

If I go tell your friends and colleagues that you are embezzling money, and they tell your boss, who fires you and has you charged, am I responsible for the damage done to your reputation and your job loss?  Or can I use the defense that it's not my fault what other people do based on my lies?  I don't think so; you'd be able to sure me for defamation and likely collect damages.

No different for Jones - people got hurt because he lied about Sandy Hook, about the kids who died.

It's ridiculous that people defend this behavior.

I'm not defending the behaviour, I'm defending not getting sued 50 million for it.

Did Jones cause the parents economic harm for which they deserved 50 million in compensation?  That's what I'm having trouble understanding.

8 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

I'm not defending the behaviour, I'm defending not getting sued 50 million for it.

Did Jones cause the parents economic harm for which they deserved 50 million in compensation?  That's what I'm having trouble understanding.

If their pain gave him $50M in profit (and some reports estimate this might not be far off) then they should get all of it shouldn't they ?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

These cases aren't about economic harm. Slandering and lying about people can be expensive, as it should be.

Edited by Aristides

1 hour ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Because you're either with the cancel cultists, and bray in unison, or you're part of the problem.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Because you're either with the cancel cultists, and bray in unison, or you're part of the problem.

It's also like stamping out fires as far as the cult is concerned. If we can just charge Trump...or Jones...or anyone not in lockstep HARD enough...victory will be mine...as Stewie Griffin says. Their MAGA followers...will just melt away.

I've seen the very salty ARMY waiting...perhaps you have as well. The efforts at stamping-out fires will be in vain. Hanky-panky? Expect civil war for real. It's not looking terribly good from many angles as they are pretty much forced to use skullduggery to remain in power. So what'll it be, gents?

Hope you're well, Dr Soong.

• Thanks 1