Misinformation and hair-brained conspiracy theories have a price, Mr. Jones - $50M and more to come

Moonbox

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

I guess you can ask the same thing of Trump? Is Trump responsible for the actions of some on 6 Jan??

Seems more and more likely that the hearings are determining that Trump had a major roll in the 6 Jan events. 

I don't know if the police are or did go after the people making the threats but, were they incited by someone?

"Leftist lies that led to mass violence in 2020"? Can you elaborate please?

January 6 (folks wandering around the capital building they pay taxes toward) pales in comparison to the summer of love and the mostly peaceful protests lighting downtown core on fire

3 minutes ago, West said:

January 6 (folks wandering around the capital building they pay taxes toward) pales in comparison to the summer of love and the mostly peaceful protests lighting downtown core on fire

Really, you say what happened on Jan 6 in the Capital building was just "folks wandering around the capital building " ? 

Good one, love it :)

36 minutes ago, Aristides said:

He said Sandy Hook was a hoax, the parents were actors and the dead kids didn't exist, they used blue screens, etc etc. 

that isn't encouraging harassment of the parents

Alex Jones did nothing even close to that

he did the exact opposite

he vehemently discouraged harassing the parents

Edited by Yzermandius19

13 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Really, you say what happened on Jan 6 in the Capital building was just "folks wandering around the capital building " ? 

Good one, love it :)

And you saw torching downtown cores as people "just blowing off steam" and "mostly peaceful". 

I'd say the summer of love was much more detrimental than some snobby politicians getting rattled a bit

15 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

They don't support accountability.

You want "accountability"?

Where the **** is Hunter Biden? Why was that damnable laptop buried just before the election of 2020?

You're such a two-faced liar Mike. You don't give a rat's ass about "accountability".

All you appear to care about is your own ****ing reputation. Thus you virtue-signal like a bloody pro.

Go fly your gay flag around an elementary school Mike. Who knows...maybe poisoning a young, impressionable mind will make you feel like a real hero.

24 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

that isn't encouraging harassment of the parents

Alex Jones did nothing even close to that

he did the exact opposite

he vehemently discouraged harassing the parents

Of course it is. What the hell do you think was going to happen when people are stupid enough to swallow this kind of crap. He knew it and you know it.

34 minutes ago, West said:

And you saw torching downtown cores as people "just blowing off steam" and "mostly peaceful". 

I'd say the summer of love was much more detrimental than some snobby politicians getting rattled a bit

Do you seriously want to argue this?

I will not. I will just take your comment as being humorous.

Good one. :)

6 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

crazy people overreacting lead to crazy people harassing

Alex Jones actions have nothing to do with either the cause or effect

hence non-sequitur

Bullshit. Who do you think was filling them with this crap, do you think they were smart enough to dream it up themselves? You seem to think that words mean nothing. 

Jones is a lying scumbag who's actions resulted in a lot of innocent people being hurt.

20 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Bullshit. Who do you think was filling them with this crap, do you think they were smart enough to dream it up themselves? You seem to think that words mean nothing. 

Jones is a lying scumbag who's actions resulted in a lot of innocent people being hurt.

by your logic PewDiePie is responsible for Christchurch

because the shooter said subscribe to PewDiePie right before the shooting

that's not PewDiePie's fault any more than the harassers are Alex Jones fault

sometimes crazy people do crazy shit for nonsensical reasons

and it has nothing to do with who they claim inspired them

they are not responsible for how crazy people react to their content

Edited by Yzermandius19

Well I guess you will never be able to hold anyone responsible for what they say in future. Remember that before you post because others will be sure to remind you.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/aug/08/he-has-done-more-to-further-the-cause-of-hate-in-the-us-than-almost-anyone-the-rise-and-fall-of-alex-jones

1 minute ago, Aristides said:

Well I guess you will never be able to hold anyone responsible for what they say in future. Remember that before you post because others will be sure to remind you.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/aug/08/he-has-done-more-to-further-the-cause-of-hate-in-the-us-than-almost-anyone-the-rise-and-fall-of-alex-jones

Alex Jones doesn't further the cause of hate

The Guardian is far more responsible for that than Alex Jones

• Sad 1

Has anyone asked the question:  How much did the Sandyhill shooter have to pay?  He’s the one that killed the kids, not Jones.  
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t support Jones, he seems like a wacko.  But how is it that merely spouting off some obviously silly nonsense is worth upwards of 50 million?  It’s not, and no doubt This decision will be appealed.

3 minutes ago, sharkman said:

Has anyone asked the question:  How much did the Sandyhill shooter have to pay?  He’s the one that killed the kids, not Jones.  
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t support Jones, he seems like a wacko.  But how is it that merely spouting off some obviously silly nonsense is worth upwards of 50 million?  It’s not, and no doubt This decision will be appealed.

It has made him millions, an estimated 18 million since the trial started.

Alex Jones has a big audience, and he has previously claimed that he made up to $200,000 on a good day at "Infowars" (per The Washington Post). But after his phone contents were revealed to the court in August 2022, it was discovered that he actually made up to $800,000 in one day during the 2018 CPAC.

That is how much it is worth.