There are now job postings for racialized-only people.  Apparently skin colour now counts as a qualification and reason for exclusion from a job opportunity.  A school board in Hamilton just posted such an administrative position.  I thought our constitution protected people against discrimination on the basis of race, colour, or ethnic background.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

There are now job postings for racialized-only people.  Apparently skin colour now counts as a qualification and reason for exclusion from a job opportunity.  A school board in Hamilton just posted such an administrative position.  I thought our constitution protected people against discrimination on the basis of race, colour, or ethnic background.

Skin colour, gender, nationality, sexuality, and on and on and on.

Fuck qualifications, as long as you fit the politically correct pigeon hole.

Really, that has been going on for a long time.

Edited by ExFlyer

14 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Skin colour, gender, nationality, sexuality, and on and on and on.

Fuck qualifications, as long as you fit the politically correct pigeon hole.

Really, that has been going on for a long time.

I’ve never seen it in writing though.  A racialized-only position means whites need not apply.  I guess skin colour indicates the content of someone’s character now, against everything Martin Luther King Jr.  said.  Where is the Human Rights Tribunal on this?  Double standards only breed contempt.

“An injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

MLK

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

A school board in Hamilton just posted such an administrative position.  I thought our constitution protected people against discrimination on the basis of race, colour, or ethnic background.

This shouldn't be happening.  There are exceptions, though, allowed by law.

Perhaps post the offending postings so we can see what they are saying?

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

This shouldn't be happening.  There are exceptions, though, allowed by law.

Perhaps post the offending postings so we can see what they are saying?

I don’t think it’s wise for me to do that from a legal standpoint, since it’s on a job website, but the posting exists for anyone to see.  

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I’ve never seen it in writing though.  A racialized-only position means whites need not apply.  I guess skin colour indicates the content of someone’s character now, against everything Martin Luther King Jr.  said.  Where is the Human Rights Tribunal on this?  Double standards only breed contempt.

“An injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

MLK

If it was in writing then even the white folks could complain.

Human rights tribunal is only for the minority.

3 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Hamilton truly is a woke shithole

to the point where Andrea Horwath will likely be it's next mayor

ewww

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Not an expert either.

That is Supreme Court of Canada's Approach to Equality Rights Under the Charter, not providing more opportunity for gender, race, skin colour, sexual preference etc etc.

to the people who thought I was incorrect or exaggerating

when I said the woke "anti-racists" are the racists

and the way they use their favorite buzzwords

they actually mean the opposite of what they claim they mean

so don't be fooled by the nice sounding buzzwords into thinking their cause is noble

because they are pulling the motte and bailey on you

Edited by Yzermandius19

On 8/5/2022 at 7:16 AM, Zeitgeist said:

I don’t think it’s wise for me to do that from a legal standpoint, since it’s on a job website, but the posting exists for anyone to see.  

You can’t link the job posting for legal reasons?  

hmmm…. Me thinks there might not be a job posting…?

Edited by TreeBeard
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

This website for children aid society Toronto always has anti white postings.

https://erecruitment.torontocas.ca/default-m

More often than not the posting does not allow white applicants.

Their claims that this is part of a legal special program is baseless.

Equity Hiring Strategy and Application Process

The Children’s Aid Society of Toronto (CAS of Toronto) is committed to building a skilled workforce that reflects the population of Toronto as well as the diverse communities we serve. For this specific career opportunity to support our Equity Hiring Strategy, CAS of Toronto is inviting applications from qualified individuals who self-identify as being part of one or more of the following under-represented groups:

• racialized (visible minority)
  • Person with Disability
This initiative is deemed to be a Special Program under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Edited by antiwoke

2 hours ago, antiwoke said:

This initiative is deemed to be a Special Program under the Ontario Human Rights Code.

Right, Constitution in general, except for the special people. Which way is the time flowing here? Where did we start? Getting there.

Edited by myata
  • Like 1

It's an agenda the Left has been creating and promoting, no doubt and as always, for the betterment of the humanity, that undermines and erodes the entire concept of human rights and egalitarianism. If equality and access to it is regulated by obscure government codes that can be changed on a whim of a bureaucrat (like Canada's zombie pseudo representatives"), it ceases to exist. How dumb or insidious one has to be to not see that?

• Like 1

i know that the topic is Canada but we have had openings at my office that have sat vacant for months. White candidates have had countless opportunities to apply and yet none do. Before you blast away... this is not where the black person was chosen over the white. No, this is where very few, if any, white candidates apply and therefore in a lot of cases.. there is no white person to choose even if we wanted to. 

The point is not a perfect balance in every single job anywhere in the country. It's probably not realistic if at all possible. The point is that in the name of equality the government begins to create clear and glaring inequality and discrimination, eroding the whole idea in the process. The objective to recall, was to ensure equal and fair access to public resources and services. As always, Left took it as an imperative to create a perfect society by the only methods known to it: dictate and regulation.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, antiwoke said:

who self-identify as being part of one or more of the following under-represented groups:

Granted English isn't my first language, but am I misreading the intent behind the bolded statement as you can now identify as racialized and disabled, or its my English?

Also, am I the only person who hates the word racialized. 

Sounds like something you get for not doing your homework, or skipping school, vs something to be proud of.