The pope using the word "genocide" is a misuse of the word and therefore a blatant lie

1 hour ago, Yzermandius19 said:

covid mandates

people mention how stupid they are and you fly off the handle about how they don't know anything just for bringing them up

stop going on like you know something everyone else doesn't

you don't

I have said enough. Seems you don't know or are not willing to know. Fine.

I know what employers had to do before covid, during covid and after covid. I have tried to be respectful and inform you.

Accept it or not. that is your choice.

9 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

I have said enough. Seems you don't know or are not willing to know. Fine.

I know what employers had to do before covid, during covid and after covid. I have tried to be respectful and inform you.

Accept it or not. that is your choice.

I'm well aware of all that

pretending those who bring up the covid mandates must not know about it

is a clear sign you support those mandates

otherwise you wouldn't lash out at people for bringing it up

nor would you defend those who claim there were no mandates

when other people call them out on it

there is no reason to react that way to it being brought up,

unless you are triggered by an opinion you strongly disagree with

your bias is made obvious by your reaction, you're not fooling anyone intelligent with your ruse

Edited by Yzermandius19

3 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

I'm well aware of all that

pretending those who bring up the covid mandates must not know about it

is a clear sign you support those mandates

otherwise you wouldn't lash out at people for bringing it up

nor would you defend those who claim there were no mandates

when other people call them out on it

there is no reason to react that way to it being brought up,

unless you are triggered by an opinion you strongly disagree with

your bias is made obvious by your reaction, you're not fooling anyone intelligent with your ruse

As I told you,the covid restrictions affected me as well and I did not like it. 2 major (already paid for) vacations (and a couple planned ones) completely wiped out and of course, I really enjoyed having to sit at home for a year and a half :)

I don't lash out. I informed, especially you and you seemed to take recourse to the information.

You have not given me an opinion to disagree with, only your constant questioning of rules, regulations and laws that you say you know about is is suspect..

8 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Clearly you are a peon that has never been in charge of or responsible to other workers. Let alone for an entire workplace.

You haven ever had to be concerned about labour laws, health laws union contracts etc.

You can only make totally uniformed  comments.

No I don't know shit. I only ran an ISP for 31 years and stupidly sent employees home if they were sick. I should have let them infect the whole office so I was short of staff and lost sales and money.

And I'd happily talk about the Pope and genocide if the Russian Trolls would stop repeating their lies in every thread.

• Haha 1

Just held an event here over the weekend, and this town is 50% native. Many Metis, many other who are Catholic. No one I met was disappointed by the Pope's visit. As a matter of fact 100% were pleased by hearing an official apology from the Pope and truly believe this is the start of Reconciliations.

Only a couple non-Catholic non-native people even mentioned the Doctrine of Discovery gripe so widely mentioned in the press. Usual comments were 'who they gonna colonize with it - Mars?' or 'they're welcome to TRY to convert people to the Catholic Church in 2022 - Good Luck at that'

1 hour ago, herbie said:

No I don't know shit. I only ran an ISP for 31 years and stupidly sent employees home if they were sick. I should have let them infect the whole office so I was short of staff and lost sales and money.

And I'd happily talk about the Pope and genocide if the Russian Trolls would stop repeating their lies in every thread.

I am sure the post was not directed to you. It was in response to someone else.

You seem to fully understand what I have been trying to convey.

Edited by ExFlyer

7 hours ago, dialamah said:

It's the interpretation the UN uses.  Look it up or refer to the link I posted earlier in this thread.

Who cares what interpretation the U.N. uses?  Applying it to loss of culture, language, etc. is not the correct definition of genocide.  But the U.N. is a radical red power activist organization.  If you don 't  believe it, read the their declaration on the rights of indigenous people (UNDRIP) and what they recommend be done.  UNDRIP would set up a system where there would be different rules for people of aboriginal descent.  Basically pay billions of dollars and hand the country  to aboriginals.  The U.N. lives in an alt reality and knows nothing about Canada and it's history.

Edited by blackbird
  • Like 3

The U.N. is the most left wing, radical and RACIST organization on earth.  The UN is the author of UNDRIP which many countries adopted or support.  This document gives special privileges to anybody of aboriginal descent and is designed to make non-aboriginals pay billions to a newly created, special privileged group.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The U.N. is the most left wing, radical and RACIST organization on earth.  The UN is the author of UNDRIP which many countries adopted or support.  This document gives special privileges to anybody of aboriginal descent and is designed to make non-aboriginals pay billions to a newly created, special privileged group.

UNDRIP is also terrible for the average native person and sets relations back decades in alot of cases. 

The UN and the WEF are what's wrong globally right now

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, dialamah said:

It's the interpretation the UN uses.  Look it up or refer to the link I posted earlier in this thread.

The Pope was asked the question of genocide on the plane back to Rome. This is a man whose first language is not English and he is not close to being fluent in English. Does he really know what genocide is, the true meaning, let alone the UN interpretation??

On top of that, like any head of any large organization, he knows how to be politically correct for the purposes of the people he is speaking to.

Christians, generally, are more susceptible to conspiracy theories and hearsay because they have been groomed to accept ideas without clear evidence and proof.

The term "cultural genocide" is a made-up term to enable a strong sounding argument to people in the position of having to assimilate. However, its interesting that we don't hear about "cultural genocide" in places like Afghanistan...Saudi Arabia...China...etc...

If "cultural genocide" is such an affront to the senses of the UN and others, why do we only hear about it with relation to natives?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

The term "cultural genocide" is a made-up term to enable a strong sounding argument to people in the position of having to assimilate. However, its interesting that we don't hear about "cultural genocide" in places like Afghanistan...Saudi Arabia...China...etc...

If "cultural genocide" is such an affront to the senses of the UN and others, why do we only hear about it with relation to natives?

It’s all about the money.  Use the Pope’s language to bolster land claims, reparations and communist redistribution of earnings from taxpayers to the non-taxpaying Indigenous, who I guess don’t have to work or pay taxes because their ethnic background makes them a privileged class.  Welcome to the 19th century India caste system in Canada.  Of course it’s all just about reconciliation and healing…

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

It’s all about the money.  Use the Pope’s language to bolster land claims, reparations and communist redistribution of earnings from taxpayers to the non-taxpaying Indigenous, who I guess don’t have to work or pay taxes because their ethnic background makes them a privileged class.  Welcome to the 19th century India caste system in Canada.  Of course it’s all just about reconciliation and healing…

I keep saying it with respect to many things...including native relations.

"Ya gits wut ya pays fer."

56 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I keep saying it with respect to many things...including native relations.

"Ya gits wut ya pays fer."

No doubt the residential schools were misguided and abuses took place, but the system was born out of progressive ideas.  The abuses were the responsibilities of individuals.  The risk going forward after attempts at individual accountability have been exhausted is that this past system becomes a reason not to grow or achieve, reinforcing the stereotype of the lazy dependent always looking for handouts.  That’s what people will think if we create or reinforce a privileged class based on Indigenous status.  It only fuels the idea of inter-generational dependence rather that self-determination.   No group should make getting stuff from the state the centrepiece of group identity, obviously. Seek to rectify injustice based on facts rather than strong feelings or entitlement and carry on trying to be the best you can be, which is the best anyone from any group can do.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

.Christians, generally, are more susceptible to conspiracy theories and hearsay because they have been groomed to accept ideas without clear evidence and proof.

The Christian belief system  . . . . virgin birth, parting the seas, walking on water, rising from the dead, feeding hundreds with a sardine and crusty roll, the list is long.

Christian missionaries trying to get indigenous folks to give up their belief system of father sky-mother earth will sustain you . . . . to believe in following a star on strange animals to see a baby.

Is Christianity a conspiracy theory?  Will the First Immigrants demands and concessions end  . . . ever? 

The country is dying from a thousand cuts.  

2 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

The Christian belief system  . . . . virgin birth, parting the seas, walking on water, rising from the dead, feeding hundreds with a sardine and crusty roll, the list is long.

Christian missionaries trying to get indigenous folks to give up their belief system of father sky-mother earth will sustain you . . . . to believe in following a star on strange animals to see a baby.

Is Christianity a conspiracy theory?  Will the First Immigrants demands and concessions end  . . . ever? 

The country is dying from a thousand cuts.  

The threat conspiracy theorists pose to the health and well being of our world today is precisely why atheists have been vocal about the dangers of faiths for years.

39 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

The threat conspiracy theorists pose to the health and well being of our world today is precisely why atheists have been vocal about the dangers of faiths for years.

Atheists are nobody to talk.  The atheist Communists killed about 100 million people in their revolutions in China and Russia in the 20th century and deprived billions of people their basic human rights.   The Christian-Judeo culture brought freedom, democracy and human rights to the western world in the last few hundred years.

• Like 1

The Pope rose through the ranks to attain the highest seat in Catholicism . . . . and claims to know-nothing of the systemic abuse of children/adults of any color.  Priests/nuns playing musical chairs . . . shuffled to another parish when it's been found that they are pedophiles and abusers . . . . 

Pope?  Holy Man? . . . . . . I'd spit on his shoes.

Your claim of freedom, democracy, human rights is false.  Central America/Spaniards ring a bell with you?

Atheists need to read the book "Darwin's Universe:   From Nothing, By Nothing, For Nothing...Survival for Nothing". by Yan T. Wee  The facts in this book are irrefutable.  The modern pseudo science theories are exposed for the fraud they are.

A scientist approached God and said, "Listen, we've decided we no longer need you.  Nowadays, we can clone people, transplant hearts, and do all kinds of things that were once considered miraculous."

God patiently heard him out, and then said, "All right.  To see whether or not you still need me, why don't we have a man-making contest?"

"Okay, great!" the scientist said.

"Now, we're going to do this just like I did back in the old days with Adam," God said.

"That's fine," replied the scientist, and bent to scoop up a handful of dirt.

"Whoa!" God said, shaking his head in disapproval.  "Not so fast, pal.  You go get your own dirt!"

'Get your own dirt' - that is basically the crux of the matter.  Despite all the latest discoveries in every discipline of science, all the cosmologists, physicists and biologists will inevitably converge at the edge of a vast cosmic chasm they cannot cross - where did the 'first dirt' come from?  And to go a step further, where did all the physical laws governing this material universe come from - from gravity to electromagnetism, the strong nuclear force, and the weak nuclear force?  Who defines these and the many other laws of nature and calibrates them with such fine precision without which matter and life can never exist.  Scientists today are both stunned and stumped by this exquisite fine-tuning of the universe and by what is now commonly known as the 'Anthropic Principle' - the universe appears to be patently contrived to permit intelligent life.

No matter how many theories of evolution we posit - from cosmic to biological, and no matter how far we kick the can down the road with regard to the beginning of the universe, we must end up in this curious cul-de-sac and stare in the face this spooky conundrum - what was before all this came into being?  It is like putting your hand outside the edge of the universe.  This is where science ends - ex nihilo nihil fit (from nothing nothing comes) and the supernatural begins - "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."  (Bible)

Unquote

15 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

The Pope rose through the ranks to attain the highest seat in Catholicism . . . . and claims to know-nothing of the systemic abuse of children/adults of any color.  Priests/nuns playing musical chairs . . . shuffled to another parish when it's been found that they are pedophiles and abusers . . . . 

Your claim of freedom, democracy, human rights is false.  Central America/Spaniards ring a bell with you?

Central America / Spaniards are largely (around 90% or more) Catholismo and followers of the Papacy.  America and the British empire and some northern parts of Europe embraced the Reformation four or five hundred years ago and rejected Catholismo.  It is a strange coincidence that democracy and human rights were embraced in these western nations where Catholismo was rejected to varying degrees.  British North America was conquered by Britain in the 18th century and was fortunately largely influenced by that.  Canada inherited the Parliamentary democracy from Britain.  The French in France saw the light and also embraced democracy.  The Vatican had no choice but to continue to work within a democratic British North America and Canada from 1867.  The democracy and human rights did not come from the Vatican.  They came in spite of them.   So I would say freedom, democracy, and human rights came to Britain, north America (Canada and the U.S.) because of the influence of Judeo-Christian principles, but not Romanism, which is more of a totalitarian system and had been for 1,700 years in Europe.  When I say Judeo-Christian principle, I refer to the Bible, not Romanism which is totally different.  We must always remember there is a huge difference.  Judeo-Christian principles include the dignity and human rights of the individual;  The papacy has historically been focused on the supremacy of mother church.  The proof of that is the 400 years of the Holy Roman Inquistion where heretics were hunted down.

Edited by blackbird

8 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Who's God?

Christians God?

Muslims God?

Jewish God?

Mythological Gods?

The King James Bible describes who God is.  "1  God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2  Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; 3  Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; " Hebrews ch2 vs 1-3 KJV

He was the Jew's God in the Old Testament and revealed himself to Moses who wrote the first five books of the Old Testament.  The Jews are the people whom God chose to reveal himself to the world and give mankind his revelation, the Old Testament.  God also used the Jews to bring his Son Jesus Christ into the world to become the Savior of mankind.  So Jesus was a Jew.  He is the same God who revealed himself to the Apostles and disciples in the New Testament as Jesus Christ.

I know this will probably not satisfy you.  But if you really want to know, you will have to make an effort to study the Bible and find the answer yourself.  It is not possible for me to do that for you.  Jesus was seen by many after his resurrection, which proves he is who he said he is.   We could probably go on forever about this, but we would likely not settle it for you and we would be straying too far from the topic.

1 hour ago, Nefarious Banana said:

There is an interesting book that is available free to read online:

Babylon Mystery Religion... this is a detailed history of how, when and where ancient paganism was mixed with Christianity.

Woodrow - Babylon Mystery Religion.pdf (google.com)

Edited by blackbird