Question for Trudeau Haters....

12 hours ago, Goddess said:

It's not bad when you have a private jet and don't have to wait in line or go through security and your catering budget is $100,000 and it's all paid for by taxpayers and no one is making you show up for work.

Another non travelling person making uninformed comments.

I have been inside the CC150 Polaris and CC-144 Challenger and can assure you that is not a rock star or Trumps plane style. They are both very "functional" and not luxurious.

I can assure you that business travel is no fun, even if in business class.

Oh and that was the GG with an entourage that had the huge catering bill.

Your company pays for your business travel too.

Work is where the work is. Not all is in an office.

Clearly not a business traveller either :)

8 hours ago, Goddess said:

Ya, okay.

I took 2 and half years off work and travelled the world.

But, ya......non-travelling, uninformed person here.

You're a joke.

I travel for pleasure too, a lot.

But, for almost 35 years I travelled for work and I can tell you , as can any business traveller, they are not even close to the same .... not even a little bit. Fly vacation,then vacation or fly, work, then work then, fly work.  Yup, you know what it's all about  LOL

So yeah nice try though, you are not a traveller, you are a vacationer. You are the joke to even try to compare  LOL

Edited by ExFlyer
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, herbie said:

So the PM should go to conferences in Paris on the bus? Or went to PEI and N&L by rowboat to inspect the damage?

Or would you rather see him sit in his office mandating what you can have for breakfast and how you tie your shoes like you seem to think he does?

Getting real tired of defending a PM I'd never vote for from petty idiots.

He has done alot of flying in the country in the last yr doing campaign style stops or just showing up somewhere for photo ops. Chretien and Harper went to conferences and meetings, and never put the milage on like this kid. Nice try. Lol

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, PIK said:

He has done alot of flying in the country in the last yr doing campaign style stops or just showing up somewhere for photo ops. Chretien and Harper went to conferences and meetings, and never put the milage on like this kid. Nice try. Lol

Incorrect. Harper and Chretien also few a lot.

Thing is, the world situations in the past 6+ years has required a lot of travel.

Google "did Harper travel a lot" and you get more info than you really want. "Harper took a Challenger jet on 113 trips between April 2011 and February 2014"  and that was only on the little jet.

Do the same for Chretien.

9 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

I travel for pleasure too, a lot.

But, for almost 35 years I travelled for work and I can tell you , as can any business traveller, they are not even close to the same .... not even a little bit. Fly vacation,then vacation or fly, work, then work then, fly work.  Yup, you know what it's all about  LOL

So yeah nice try though, you are not a traveller, you are a vacationer. You are the joke to even try to compare  LOL

Translation:

"I said something stupid - again - to defend Trudeau and so now I have to move the goalposts and pretend I was talking EXCLUSIVELY about business travel, even though my original comment was just about travel in general."

12 hours ago, Goddess said:

Translation:

"I said something stupid - again - to defend Trudeau and so now I have to move the goalposts and pretend I was talking EXCLUSIVELY about business travel, even though my original comment was just about travel in general."

If you have to translate what you said, then you said it wrong in the first place :)

So yes, you did say something stupid - again :)

Edited by ExFlyer
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

PEOPLE!

I think the lesson here is, Pixie-Dust is such an abject failure that even a mundane trip with his kid becomes a reason for scorn.

I mean really now...nobody "likes" Trudeau. We tolerate his presence because the Conservatives have acted like fools and left the nation little to no choice.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nationalist said:

PEOPLE!

I think the lesson here is, Pixie-Dust is such an abject failure that even a mundane trip with his kid becomes a reason for scorn.

I mean really now...nobody "likes" Trudeau. We tolerate his presence because the Conservatives have acted like fools and left the nation little to no choice.

I agree and it takes anyone with a social media account to interfere in a personal family moment to make issue of it.

12 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Oh I don't care if li'l Justin's family time got bad press particularly. He has deserved this.

It is one thing to hate the politician but a completely other thing if you include his kids.

He may have earned your distrust but his kids did not.

Very disrespectful and just plain asinine.

12 hours ago, herbie said:

You have a strange idea about bad press is. They just did their job and reported what he did on his day off.

But I'm sure if your mind is set and stone that if he took his son to Sobeys to get milk on his day off you'd interpret that as bad too.

Thing is, it was a social media post by the bungee jump operator. The press was not bad, it showed a dad out celebrating his sons birthday. it is the unnecessary and derogatory comments that is bad.

I believe anyone, politicians included, deserve a bit of privacy, especially if they are out with their kids.

17 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

It is one thing to hate the politician but a completely other thing if you include his kids.

He may have earned your distrust but his kids did not.

Very disrespectful and just plain asinine.

Yet I read your posts about the jailed protesters and their kids never entered the conversation.

Interesting.

22 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Yet I read your posts about the jailed protesters and their kids never entered the conversation.

Interesting.

A real deflection attempt. Even for you, it is nonsensical.

Did the jailed protesters have kids??

Were the kids, if they had any, with them?

Were they celebrating anything with their kids (if they have any)?

Interesting.

• 4 weeks later...

A good article on how the Liberals have eroded pride in Canada’s achievements and lost the fiscal prudence of the Chrétien era.  Great quote:

There are two kinds of identity politics, as the American political theorist Francis Fukuyama explains in his recent book, Liberalism and Its Discontents. He writes: “One version sees the drive for identity as the completion of liberal politics. … The goal of this form of identity politics is to win acceptance and equal treatment for marginalized groups as individuals, under the liberal presumption of a shared underlying humanity. … The other version of identity politics sees the lived experience of different groups as fundamentally incommensurate; it denies the possibility of universally valid modes of cognition; and it elevates the value of group experience over what diverse individuals have in common.” Mr. Trudeau has chosen the second definition, and in so doing unmoored his party from its classic position as exponent of broad-tent Canadian patriotism.”

Full article: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/article-liberal-party-decline-justin-trudeau/

• Like 2

On 10/29/2022 at 6:08 PM, Zeitgeist said:

A good article on how the Liberals have eroded pride in Canada’s achievements and lost the fiscal prudence of the Chrétien era....

Full article: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/article-liberal-party-decline-justin-trudeau/

I read this article and agreed with most of it, but it's interesting you're quoting the evil MSM here because they never say anything anti-Trudeau and always rush to his defense...rrrr right?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/29/2022 at 6:08 PM, Zeitgeist said:

A good article on how the Liberals have eroded pride in Canada’s achievements and lost the fiscal prudence of the Chrétien era.  Great quote:

There are two kinds of identity politics, as the American political theorist Francis Fukuyama explains in his recent book, Liberalism and Its Discontents. He writes: “One version sees the drive for identity as the completion of liberal politics. … The goal of this form of identity politics is to win acceptance and equal treatment for marginalized groups as individuals, under the liberal presumption of a shared underlying humanity. … The other version of identity politics sees the lived experience of different groups as fundamentally incommensurate; it denies the possibility of universally valid modes of cognition; and it elevates the value of group experience over what diverse individuals have in common.” Mr. Trudeau has chosen the second definition, and in so doing unmoored his party from its classic position as exponent of broad-tent Canadian patriotism.”

I agree but, change the words liberal to conservative and exchange Trudeaus name with conservative flavour of the week leader and it makes as much sense.

38 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

I agree but, change the words liberal to conservative and exchange Trudeaus name with conservative flavour of the week leader and it makes as much sense.

Wrong.  The Conservatives don’t constantly express how shameful Canada is.  The Liberals of the Chrétien era were fiscally prudent.  That party is gone.  The current Liberals stole the 2015 election platform of the NDP and continue to overspend, over-tax, and wonder why inflation climbs and living standards drop.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

True.  Most MSM in Canada sounds like government press releases.  

but there's the shoddy logic that underlines the whole conspiracy theory.  The MSM is fake news...until it says something you agree with and then it's...not fake?  

• Like 2