Question for Trudeau Haters....

consider that millions of these Canadians who support the Liberals

are going to end up defaulting on their mortgages

they will not only lose their homes

but because this is Canada, they will still be sued by the banks for the amount owing

so they will be rendered both homeless & bankrupt

I'd say that's a suitable punishment for their crimes

6 hours ago, Contrarian said:

Sun Tzu:

To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

FINAL SCORE:

Liberals/Federal Authority

-

Provincial Sectarianism/No authority 

What about the near total infiltration and saturation of North America's governments at all levels and across all departments and bureaus by commies and Nazis without a single shot having been fired.

I think Sun Tzu would be astounded and Gen. Patton would puke if he could see how things have turned out.

5 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Zeitgeist is taking the high road, what reason do you have to believe that he's a terrorist? Did Trudeau tell ya? ?

I have good reason to believe Zeitgeist, like you and many others around here, are freedom loving patriots who say the  government and country if not the entire continent we're on have been taken over by commies and nazis.

In all honesty, we all post disgusting accusations with no supporting evidence whatsoever.

This deserved a FIFY but...

In all honesty, your post was a disgusting accusation with no supporting evidence whatsoever.

It was an honest comment in light of how lame assed right wing conservative resistance is to all the nazis and commies amongst us compared to how desperately dire all the right wing conservative warnings are about the commies and nazis who now rule us.

6 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

you are the one who invoked armed counterrevolutionary violence

No I'm simply amazed that it's so absent from freedom loving patriots that are so passionate about the concerns and fears they voice about totalitarians.  I've been listening to these fears grow more strident and desperate for decades and they only seem to be getting louder.

I get the sense they're waiting for something - I heard it suggested that maybe when the left finally wakes up...how ironic.

5 hours ago, eyeball said:

No I'm simply amazed that it's so absent from freedom loving patriots that are so passionate about the concerns and fears they voice about totalitarians.  I've been listening to these fears grow more strident and desperate for decades and they only seem to be getting louder.

I get the sense they're waiting for something - I heard it suggested that maybe when the left finally wakes up...how ironic.

whether it is leftist revolution or rightist counterrevolution 

there is always a geopolitical shock which incites these events

usually a total economic collapse, debt crisis,  hyperinflation, deflationary spiral into a depression

9 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Some are pointing out that this fellow might be a false flag operative as Freeland's copious security was (oddly) not available for this public encounter.

now that you mention it, there is a very staged feel to this incident

and the Liberal media had all their ducks in a row with a Trudeau press conference

but it frankly smacks of desperation

the Liberals are only pandering to their hardcore base now

the Sunny Ways brand is dead

Trudeau is now creepy dictator, running all negative all the time

that's the final stages of any government

8 hours ago, eyeball said:

What about the near total infiltration and saturation of North America's governments at all levels and across all departments and bureaus by commies and Nazis without a single shot having been fired.

Also because they were elected and yet nobody wants them!

It's a real head-scratcher...

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

1. the useful idiots are easily fooled

1. People are idiots yet democracy is a good thing.  The same idiots elected Harper, and other conservatives.

I've been there, where you want to blame the people, but it doesn't work.  It helps if one accepts that oneself is another of the idiots.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. People are idiots yet democracy is a good thing.  The same idiots elected Harper, and other conservatives.

I've been there, where you want to blame the people, but it doesn't work.  It helps if one accepts that oneself is another of the idiots.

the right amount of democracy is a good thing

too much or too little is bad thing

the people deserve plenty of blame

and not all of them are equally to blame

Edited by Yzermandius19

21 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

virtue signalling and bribery is a helluva drug

I expect the resulting inflation will wipe the Liberals & NDP out before too long

but then the voters will find out that the Conservatives don't actually have a solution

since this crisis has been generation in the making, there are no easy fixes, no soft landings

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

the people deserve plenty of blame

and not all of them are equally to blame

My advice is to look at it as a SYSTEM that everyone has to use, such as the roadways are.

They put more thought into designing such things than our public sphere of discussion etc.  People can't be expected to understand complex issues, but that doesn't mean they're idiots. 

Complex issues could be: trade, environmental or social ideas that need to be broken down.

That's how I look at it, and if you check my posts you see that I try to pull back on calling people idiots.  Your mileage may vary.

• Like 1

I'm showing a bit more of my hand lately, in my comments.  Truth be told, I'm sympathetic with the 'general' complaints about our democracy but more often than not I will spike down on misdirected complaints and general comments like 'politicians are all crooks'

As was pointed out by @myata- Democracy was more or less designed 250 years ago and sits in a state of general neglect.  What needs to be reworked is 'politics' - the actual negotiation of what is acceptable, trade-offs etc.  The more vocal people that we see on here are more upset than the silent majority, and so sometimes can make it seem that there is more support for wholesale reform than there may be.

"May be"... I say because there are things that can be changed that the general population could support but big changes often need to happen slowly, and we need to see that.

13 hours ago, eyeball said:

I have good reason to believe Zeitgeist, like you and many others around here, are freedom loving patriots who say the  government and country if not the entire continent we're on have been taken over by commies and nazis.

The don't call themselves Nazis and commies, eyeball. They call themselves Liberals.  

They just control the media, denigrate and imprison dissidents, freeze the bank accounts of dissidents, they have a gesundheitspass to demonize and ostracize the non-compliant by saying that they're germ-riddled racists, etc.

Let's just agree that's your version of democracy but it's not mine. 

It was an honest comment in light of how lame assed right wing conservative resistance is to all the nazis and commies amongst us compared to how desperately dire all the right wing conservative warnings are about the commies and nazis who now rule us.

We're pretty sure that our democracy is still salvageable through peaceful means. 

20 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

The difference between us and you guys, herbie, is that conservatives don't condone that type of activity.

Sure, I'd buy that guy a beer, but I'd tell him that he didn't exactly do us all a solid. That kind of talk is OK to Trudeau, when he's out in public in an official capacity, because he's the scandalous, treasonous leader, and he has armed security around him.

Leftists, on the other hand, support that kind of behaviour entirely.

I wouldn’t buy a beer for anybody who did that to any politician. There’s no possibility of civilized discourse if people behave in such a disgraceful way. And no person should be allowed to demonstrate outside any public servant’s house. It’s thuggish ‘we know where you live’ behaviour. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

I wouldn’t buy a beer for anybody who did that to any politician. There’s no possibility of civilized discourse if people behave in such a disgraceful way. And no person should be allowed to demonstrate outside any public servant’s house. It’s thuggish ‘we know where you live’ behaviour. 

I'll buy you a beer and disapprove of what you did is "nudge nudge wink wink" behavior.  Free beer = do it again.

• Like 1

So it looks like we need armed personnel around all ministers now. That’s where this is going if people can’t control themselves. This gentleman was allowed to get way too close. Needless to say his views on other matters are hardly surprising:

https://thetyee.ca/News/2022/08/27/Attack-Freeland-Rage-Farming/

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

The don't call themselves Nazis and commies, eyeball. They call themselves Liberals.  

They just control the media, denigrate and imprison dissidents, freeze the bank accounts of dissidents, they have a gesundheitspass to demonize and ostracize the non-compliant by saying that they're germ-riddled racists, etc.

Let's just agree that's your version of democracy but it's not mine. 

We're pretty sure that our democracy is still salvageable through peaceful means. 

Your means are more insane than peaceful.

You seem to get it that the dimwit who accosted Freeland is bad for the Conservative image while being completely oblivious to how ridiculous and over the top the Conservative's obsession with totalitarianism and dictatorship is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What we have is a hippie in his underwear screaming incoherant obscenities at a person half his size. He is an embarrassment to his parents who should have taught him manners and what is acceptable language when he was a toddler. He is clearly mentally disturbed and needs professional psychiatric treatment.

18 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Some are pointing out that this fellow might be a false flag operative as Freeland's copious security was (oddly) not available for this public encounter.

Another instance where right-wingers don't want to condemn for what their own do, but would rather blame somebody else.  

Edited by dialamah
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

What we have is a hippie in his underwear screaming incoherent obscenities at a person half his size. He is an embarrassment to his parents who should have taught him manners and what is acceptable language when he was a toddler. He is clearly mentally disturbed and needs professional psychiatric treatment.

Sadly, in the mind's eye, it triggers thoughts of what ExFlyer must look/act like . . . 

• Haha 1

With all the time and effort this hippie put into his social media profile demonstrating his total lack of education, it seems like a lot of investment for such a lame false flag exercise. It's not like when Germany invaded Poland. 

Edited by Queenmandy85

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

With all the time and effort this hippie put into his social media profile demonstrating his total lack of education, it seems like a lot of investment for such a lame false flag exercise. It's not like when Germany invaded Poland. 

Not excusing what happened, but I do understand it.  Perhaps you have not been affected by the last 2 1/2 years, but many others have.  Many people have lost literally everything.  And the government couldn't care less, just keeps piling on taxes and fees.

This is just one of 3 articles I read today regarding this:

AGAR: Politicians aren't listening to people — no wonder so many are angry (msn.com)

• Like 2