Question for Trudeau Haters....

Boges initial post/question(s):  "What is your long-game here?  Are you satisfied being on the fringe?

The Federal Liberals are becoming the 'fringe' party now.  Headlong into Justin Trudeau's obsession with 'climate-change' and his hatred of the petroleum industry and agriculture and his general dislike of western Canada . . . we've become a country stalled.  Sad situation.  

Justin Trudeau has many defenders here.  Apparently they like his way of dealing with his perceived threats to his agenda of division.

Long-game?    Rid Canada of its tapeworm . . . . Justin Trudeau.

• Thanks 1

On 8/10/2022 at 11:32 AM, WestCanMan said:

"They"? Who are "they"? 

Did all anti-vaxers demand that Trudeau step down and that the GG should assist in the formation of a new gov't?

The organizers sent a written list of demands that was published.

You saying that the convoy wasn't concerned with Trudeau resigning, then why were they demanding that?

Lots of people feel that the restrictions were too harsh, but they're not with the convoy.

40 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Boges initial post/question(s):  "What is your long-game here?  Are you satisfied being on the fringe?

The Federal Liberals are becoming the 'fringe' party now.  Headlong into Justin Trudeau's obsession with 'climate-change' and his hatred of the petroleum industry and agriculture and his general dislike of western Canada . . . we've become a country stalled.  Sad situation.  

Justin Trudeau has many defenders here.  Apparently they like his way of dealing with his perceived threats to his agenda of division.

Long-game?    Rid Canada of its tapeworm . . . . Justin Trudeau.

Short of a Military coupe, the only way that can be accomplished is through political means. 

I contend a person like PP won't do much to win hearts and minds where elections are won. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Boges said:

I don't think the vaccine is particularly effective against Omicron. But it was very effective against Delta, which saved a lot of people from a bad outcome in late 2021. 

FYI Delta was the variant which theoretically threw us a curve (ie, the first one that the Pflacebo didn't work on, and coincidentally the first one that it came up against). And that's only if you still believe the things that Fauci was saying.

But new looks at data that has recently come out about the original vax trials appears to show that it was only expected to prevent infection in about 1 out of 119 people vs the ancestral strain, and its ability to prevent serious infection was minimal. 

When you consider vaxxed people that die, you have to consider age and other co-morbitities. 

Buddy, it's only been people of advanced age and/or with serious co-morbidities who were ever at risk from covid since day one.

We knew that long before the vax ever came out. 

To this day less than 200 Canadians under 30 died of covid, and that's 35% of our population. 

Over 60% of our deaths are from people over 80, and that's only 4.4% of our population. 

These trends were known by summer of 2020. Thanks for coming out.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

The organizers sent a written list of demands that was published.

You saying that the convoy wasn't concerned with Trudeau resigning, then why were they demanding that?

Lots of people feel that the restrictions were too harsh, but they're not with the convoy.

Who cares?

People wanted to protest the vax mandates. They didn't read the entire Freedom Convoy constitution or whatever it was, they just needed to join the largest protest going.

How many people that marched with BLM knew about their communist leanings, or the fact that they were against the nuclear family? And just think about how odd all of that is when you consider the fact that BLM's original leader now owns 4 houses and she has them because she wants to leave something for her kids..... What a god-damned farce that whole thing was. 

But again, 99% of the people who protested the blatantly stupid mandates had no clue who the hell Pat King was. I still don't know much about the guy. I don't really give a rat's arse. All I care about is the extremely legitimate and necessary protests against Pfascism. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

But new looks at data that has recently come out about the original vax trials appears to show that it was only expected to prevent infection in about 1 out of 119 people vs the ancestral strain, and its ability to prevent serious infection was minimal. 

I would like to see a cite on that. 

To this day less than 200 Canadians under 30 died of covid, and that's 35% of our population. 

Over 60% of our deaths are from people over 80, and that's only 4.4% of our population. 

These trends were known by summer of 2020. Thanks for coming out.

Still, streams of 60+ people clogging the hospitals are bad for the overall healthcare system. 

And Alpha, Beta and Delta variants did affect younger people more. 

See this article regarding Delta from last July. 

https://health.ucdavis.edu/news/headlines/8-things-health-experts-want-you-to-know-about-the-delta-variant/2021/07

2. Symptoms are the same, but cases are skewing younger

“We haven’t really seen more severe symptoms with Delta [than the other strains], but we are seeing one trend internationally: 30-50-year-olds are making up more hospital admissions,” Sandrock said. 

“Symptoms are the same but what we are seeing with Delta is `quicker sicker,’ especially in younger people,” Tuznik noted. One possible explanation? Research published recently found that the variant grows more rapidly – and to much greater levels – in the respiratory tract. 

3. Delta is hitting the unvaccinated

“The Delta variant in the U.S. is affecting for the most part the unvaccinated,” said Lorena Garcia, professor of epidemiology in the Department of Public Health Sciences. “That is different than the surges in winter or early spring when the vaccine was not available to everyone. Now when you combine being unvaccinated with not wearing masks and no social distancing, you see this surge during the summer.”

Most hospitalized COVID patients at UC Davis Medical Center are unvaccinated. “Vaccines continue to work very well – including against Delta,” Blumberg said. “At this point in the pandemic, you’re either going to get vaccinated or you’re going to get COVID.” 

Nationally and statewide, the data show that areas with lower vaccination rates tend to have higher COVID-19 infection rates.

“My biggest concern is the unvaccinated population and ongoing refusal to vaccinate,” said Tuznik. “Vaccination works. Vaccination prevents severe COVID-19 disease, which may be fatal. Essentially all fatalities at this time are being seen in the unvaccinated.” 

With the recency bias of Omicron where the vaccine isn't as important and older people are the vast majority of the fatalities, it's easy to remember the middle of this pandemic where there was a much more realistic chance of a younger people dying from Beta or Delta. 

Edited by Boges

17 minutes ago, Boges said:

See this article regarding Delta from last July. 

Last July was right smack in the middle of non-flu season.

If you look at the covid death stats from 2020 you can see that they followed the flu season trend perfectly through every season in 2020, 2021, and 2022 isn't likely to be any different.

• Like 1

Just now, WestCanMan said:

Last July was right smack in the middle of non-flu season.

If you look at the covid death stats from 2020 you can see that they followed the flu season trend perfectly through every season in 2020, 2021, and 2022 isn't likely to be any different.

Deadly epidemics do not need a 24/7 ad campaign reminding you it exists.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Deadly epidemics do not need a 24/7 ad campaign reminding you it exists.

Exactly.

And if there was a deadly epidemic, along with a vaccine that prevented it, there would be lineups for the vaccine, not protests against it.

I don't expect that I'll ever see anyone carrying a placard that says "DON'T SAVE US!", unless maybe it's a bunch of leftists staging a die-in after Trump gets re-elected in 2024. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. I can only take that as a retraction of your comment that the purpose was NOT anti Trudeau.

You've got a long track record of interpreting things irrationally, so fill yer boots MH.

For the record, the protest was extremely anti-Trudeau in nature, because the mandates came from the village idiot directly, but protesters weren't there to force him out of office. You're projecting a crime on them that they didn't commit. 

• Like 1

Just now, WestCanMan said:

Exactly.

And if there was a deadly epidemic, along with a vaccine that prevented it, there would be lineups for the vaccine, not protests against it.

I don't expect that I'll ever see anyone carrying a placard that says "DON'T SAVE US!", unless maybe it's a bunch of leftists staging a die-in after Trump gets re-elected in 2024. 

An irony I've heard about is that something in nicotine renders the spike protein that makes you 'catch it' inert. Something attaches to or coats the spike gumming it up. So perhaps this could have all be solved with cigars and good scotch.

?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

image.thumb.jpeg.aa8589f01cda8d29ab659e44714237dd.jpeg

lineup for a COVID vaccine jab.  Source: Macleans Magazine 

From back when people were told that it works, not from a mystical time when there was real-world evidence that it actually did work. 

How many of those people do you think were saved from covid, and how many were vax-injured? 

Just remember that no one who is in that photo actually needed the vax even if it did work (extremely elderly with co-morbidities).

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

From back when people were told that it works, not from a mystical time when there was real-world evidence that it actually did work. 

How many of those people do you think were saved from covid, and how many were vax-injured? 

Just remember that no one who is in that photo actually needed the vax even if it did work (extremely elderly with co-morbidities).

Summary of the above post:

“People didn’t line up for vaccines…”

*shown picture of people lined up for vaccine*

“Ok, people lined up, BUT CONSPIRACIES!!!”

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

Where are the dead bodies?

Why did everybody that "died from covid" have the courtesy to not die on the way to hospital?

Hmmmm?

My probability and statistics hat says that's not possible.

Where are the bodies?   Is this a serious argument?  I’ve only heard this line of argument from people making fun of anti-vaxxers.  I didn’t realize that it was something you folks actually said!!

1 minute ago, TreeBeard said:

Where are the bodies?   Is this a serious argument?  I’ve only heard this line of argument from people making fun of anti-vaxxers.  I didn’t realize that it was something you folks actually said!!

How many dead bodies have you found that were taken by this deadly plague? We both know that number is zero. But DEATH stalks the streets, I tells yah.

3 minutes ago, herbie said:

Jeez, that's kind of dumb. If anyone died on the way to the hospital, they'd end up there in the morgue.
Would the bodies have been dropped off at the train station or Tim Hortons?

You have found zero dead bodies, as well.

Feel free to mock as that's really all you can do. Like a parrot or mynah bird. You can't explain why a sickness that has apparently been the direct cause of millions of death not turn up a few dead in the bath tub. Or feeding the cat...or taking out the trash.

With millions, you'd find bodies everywhere...statistics says. Look....there's one under the rosebush.

14 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Where are the dead bodies?

Why did everybody that "died from covid" have the courtesy to not die on the way to hospital?

Hmmmm?

My probability and statistics hat says that's not possible.

People died in their homes.  Nobody would be walking to hospitals to die in the street because you know, cars, taxis and ambulances.  Anyone who died en-route to hospital would be counted as dead at the hospital.

Anyway, this isn't some fast-acting virus like you see on TV - people dying within minutes of getting it, frothing from the mouth.  This is reality.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

How many dead bodies have you found that were taken by this deadly plague? We both know that number is zero. But DEATH stalks the streets, I tells yah.

I’m not one of the ones looking for dead bodies…. 

But why would you think that you should be tripping over the numbers of dead bodies?  In a place like Winnipeg, Manitoba having around 2000 dead for the entire pandemic, what about these numbers makes you think people should be tripping over all the dead strewn out in the streets of Winnipeg?

1 minute ago, dialamah said:

People died in their homes.  Nobody would be walking to hospitals to die in the street because you know, cars, taxis and ambulances.  Anyone who died en-route to hospital would be counted as dead at the hospital.

Anyway, this isn't some fast-acting virus like you see on TV - people dying within minutes of getting it, frothing from the mouth.  This is reality.

So inside homes and hospitals.

Perhaps we're onto something.

It's killing inside homes and hospitals...but not in taxi cabs...nor pushing a stroller...or sweeping the driveway. Nothing out in the open.

This deadly sickness only kills indoors!!!

Get outside everybody!

Government edict follows: all citizens are to remain outside until further notice. Thousands die of exposure.