Question for Trudeau Haters....

On 8/12/2022 at 8:51 PM, sharkman said:

... Russel Brand neatly eviscerates Justin’s performance as PM...

I guess we should get the topic back onto Trudeau, and why some people are haters.  Many reasons why are in this video...

Edited by sharkman
  • Like 1

On 7/25/2022 at 9:55 AM, Boges said:

And don't get me wrong. I don't particularly like Trudeau either. Though make harsh value judgements about the type of person that puts a "" sticker on their Truck. 

Trudeau has won three elections in a row. Last two he's lost the popular vote, but that's mostly due to voting saturation out West. A Riding won with 80% of the vote is still only worth one seat. 

My question is. What is your long-game here? Are you satisfied being on the fringe?

I would not put a "F Trudeau" sticker on my truck because,
- That's bad language
- I do not own a truck.

Other than that though, I am ok with the idea. Metaphorically, politically speaking.   ;)

If an election were held today, Trudeau would win again regardless who else is the opposition. He will be re-elected for the foreseeable future, despite anything. The evidence is already in. And by the way that kind of megalomania is much like the fanaticism that took hold in Germany in the 1930's, but for different reasons. Same methodology, using fear and media hype as manipulation techniques. That and the liberal permissiveness on the use of drugs, which, while it may reduce the violence of a drug war has other negative social effects.

Doesn't seem like the motorcycle gangs mind that much. I'm talking about the people who actually run things. Far as I see they're doing alright, Jack. So that tells you where we are, under Trudeua's Canada.

This man supports defunding the police. Gave it his Prime -Ministerial lip service, whatever that is worth from him. It's an affront to Canadian civility, to our officers who uphold our laws, who risk their lives. It's an affront to our military officers, soldiers and vets.

Why would anyone who's a young person want to join the police these days? It was already tough enough for the forces to recruit but now that the PM makes it official... the police suck... it no longer attracts the kind of person we wish to become an officer. It only attracts people who are like thugs themselves.

And now it seems the establishment is bent on attacking hockey culture. I only judge this based on the immediate attacks coming from mostly liberal outlets. Presuming, judging and tarnishing the whole of a large organization without substantiating any claims. Mr. Trudeua has weighed in on this as well.

There is no sunny message from the man. No sunshine for the future of Canada, just dreadful bad news of how dreadful we are. Have been, and deserve less. Less in our public safety, less in our health care and overall wealth.

21 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

And now it seems the establishment is bent on attacking hockey culture. I only judge this based on the immediate attacks coming from mostly liberal outlets. Presuming, judging and tarnishing the whole of a large organization without substantiating any claims. Mr. Trudeua has weighed in on this as well.

So you're pro public money going towards sweeping gang-rape cases under the carpet. Good to know. 

Why should Hockey Canada have any authority over Hockey in Canada. Why should parents of a House League kid have to fund such a repugnant organization? 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

1. Why would anyone who's a young person want to join the police these days?

2. It only attracts people who are like thugs themselves.

3. And now it seems the establishment is bent on attacking hockey culture.

1. Gee... Maybe 100K salary potential pretty quick, low education requirements, full pension by 55?

2. Not fair.  I know fine people in law enforcement.

3. They have to walk a line.  RCMP, Hockey Canada is THEM.  They can't apologize for things that happened on their watch then not take accountability.

On 8/12/2022 at 10:42 PM, I am Groot said:

I question this. He is less abrasive than the Fords, but they thrived in the Toronto suburbs and exurbs. Most of the immigrants in these areas are from conservative, paternalistic cultures. Why do you think Harper did better there than the affable O'Toole or Scheer? Neither was seen as being strong in any sense. They both wobbled and backed down from fights. They smiled too much. This is not something inclined to impress people from any part of Asia. If Poilievre has decent policies and gives out the image of a strong, determined, confident man he'll get a lot more votes from those areas than O'Toole did.

Ford came to the Centre. 

Ford actually supported reasonable COVID restrictions. O'Toole was celebrating the end of COVID with Kenney last Summer.

16 minutes ago, Boges said:

So under the you're pro public money going towards sweeping gang-rape cases carpet. Good to know. 

Why should Hockey Canada have any authority over Hockey in Canada. Why should parents of a House League kid have to fund such a repugnant organization? 

Lets temper this a bit.

Without proper and full investigation and without charges and without trial, these are allegations only.

Players have been named but not the accuser.

Hockey Canada pays off to avoid scandal, trial and, publicity rather than doing a full investigation... but players reputations are disposable.

6 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Lets temper this a bit.

Without proper and full investigation and without charges and without trial, these are allegations only.

Players have been named but not the accuser.

Hockey Canada pays off to avoid scandal, trial and, publicity rather than doing a full investigation... but players reputations are disposable.

So your standard is what can be proven in court?

I don't think Sponsors share that same standard. 

There is already ample evidence that women were paid off. 

Edited by Boges

1 hour ago, Boges said:

So you're pro public money going towards sweeping gang-rape cases under the carpet. Good to know. 

You're surprised now? Hey ya know that carpet "they" swept this under? Its a mountain of a carpet. Perhaps the world's biggest carpet. It can be seen for hundreds of miles in either direction. Hell its visible from the moon.

Why? Because those parents have a kid who wants to play hockey and because the life lessons kids get from sports are invaluable. That's why.

4 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Why? Because those parents have a kid who wants to play hockey and because the life lessons kids get from sports are invaluable. That's why.

I think there's a scam built into that as well. 

Hockey Culture is Expensive and prays on Parents and kids ambitions of kids making it to the show. 

I'd rather have my kid play any other sport than Hockey. 

Edited by Boges
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Boges said:

I think there's a scam built into that as well. 

Hockey Culture is Expensive and prays on Parents and kids ambitions. 

I'd rather have my kid play any other sport than Hockey. 

Huh...never played hockey as a kid, eh?

While its true that the competitive or "rep" leagues are very expensive, House Leagues are generally several times less expensive and are, in those cases I've witnessed, willing to work out some sort of realistic arrangements for less affluent families. I coached House League for years. We even allowed a couple kids to play for free, because their families just couldn't foot the bill. Myself and a few other parents threw in a pot of money and the association was satisfied.

But hey...if your moral outrage is so deep that you'd deny your kid the opportunity to play organized hockey...bully for you..."sorry kid"...

1 minute ago, Nationalist said:

Huh...never played hockey as a kid, eh?

While its true that the competitive or "rep" leagues are very expensive, House Leagues are generally several times less expensive and are, in those cases I've witnessed, willing to work out some sort of realistic arrangements for less affluent families. I coached House League for years. We even allowed a couple kids to play for free, because their families just couldn't foot the bill. Myself and a few other parents threw in a pot of money and the association was satisfied.

But hey...if your moral outrage is so deep that you'd deny your kid the opportunity to play organized hockey...bully for you..."sorry kid"...

Then you had those parents pay for useless tournaments in other cities and hotel bills and such right? Foot the Bill for that as well? 

Does a House League pay dues to Hockey Canada? 

Just now, Boges said:

Then you had those parents pay for useless tournaments in other cities and hotel bills and such right? Foot the Bill for that as well? 

Does a House League pay dues to Hockey Canada? 

Yes and Yes.

Do you pay taxes to Trudeau's government?

6 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Yes and Yes.

Do you pay taxes to Trudeau's government?

Oh so Hockey Canada is like the government now? 

The hockey infrastructure is mostly a money making venture for adults. I doubt the kids enjoyment of the sport plays into the Top 5 of their priorities. Tournaments in House Leagues are just a money pit. 

You need fodder for the 0.5% that can actually make the show so you force the rest of the parents to subsidize his/her training. 

Edited by Boges

1 minute ago, Boges said:

Oh so Hockey Canada is like the government now? 

The hockey infrastructure is mostly a money making venture for adults. I doubt the kids enjoyment of the sport plays into the Top 5 of their priorities. Tournaments in House Leagues are just a money pit. 

You need fodder for the 0.5% that can actually make the show so you force the rest of the parents to subsidize his/her training. 

Wow...you're angry...I can tell... ;)

IF those Jr. players actually gang-raped a young woman, they should be charged. THAT is yet to be determined.

Hockey Canada is a business. Its business is providing a truly Canadian venue for kids sports, fun, personal development...and the pleasure of a really stinky equipment bag. Are there money-grabs? Of course. All sports involve money grabs. Such is the price of providing your kid with the sheer pleasure of going out and learning to play...to win...to lose...and to just laugh and make friends.

Do as you will but...if you won't let your kid play hockey because of the scandal-du-jour...I feel sorry for your kid.

14 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Wow...you're angry...I can tell... ;)

IF those Jr. players actually gang-raped a young woman, they should be charged. THAT is yet to be determined.

The evidence is that Hockey Canada paid to cover it up. It's not proven in court yet. But clearly something is going on. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/hockey-canada-power-culture-sexual-abuse-1.6548965

Since then, Hockey Canada's board chair resigned and was replaced by an interim chairperson, and a former Supreme Court justice was appointed to review the organization's governance structure.

This week, Hockey Canada posted a new job to overhaul the handling of maltreatment, harassment and abuse within the organization. It will involve the creation of a new player screening program and tracking system for complaints.

Hockey Canada is a business. Its business is providing a truly Canadian venue for kids sports, fun, personal development...and the pleasure of a really stinky equipment bag. Are there money-grabs? Of course. All sports involve money grabs. Such is the price of providing your kid with the sheer pleasure of going out and learning to play...to win...to lose...and to just laugh and make friends.

Do as you will but...if you won't let your kid play hockey because of the scandal-du-jour...I feel sorry for your kid.

You're a zealot, I get it. Not sure what this has to do with JT however. 

My kids will play whatever sport I can accommodate, If that's hockey, then sure. But I  won't let him/her get indoctrinated in this culture that appears to ooze out of Hockey. 

As an academic, Skuce decided to study hockey culture. In one project, he looked at how playing elite-level hockey shaped and influenced an understanding of what it is to be a boy or a man. The second looked at elite-level hockey players who were trying to resist the dominant culture of hockey.

He found out some players were still deeply impacted by their experiences many years later, wishing they had spoken up at the time.

"I think one of the most poignant things that come to mind is how deeply ingrained hockey culture is, is that this former NHL player who also played college at the end of the interview, he said, 'I had never thought about how hockey is shaped me as a father, as a husband and as a man,'" Skuce said.

"So I think it's one of those things that how deeply systemic playing hockey in that culture gets involved in who you are and your notion of identity."

It's not the Military. I bet you're the type of person that tacitly approves of Hazing. 

Edited by Boges

11 minutes ago, Boges said:

The evidence is that Hockey Canada paid to cover it up. It's not proven in court yet. But clearly something is going on. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/hockey-canada-power-culture-sexual-abuse-1.6548965

You're a zealot, I get it. Not sure what this has to do with JT however. 

My kids will play whatever sport I can accommodate, If that's hockey, then sure. But I  won't let him/her get indoctrinated in this culture that appears to ooze out of Hockey. 

It's not the Military. I bet you're the type of person that tacitly approves of Hazing. 

Yes. Something is going on.When all is said and done, hopefully we'll be privy to the outcome.

Indoctrinated? In what? Team spirit? Look...Your kids will learn good life lessons. No Hockey Canada person is going to show up in your kid's change room and explain the seedy side of things to them. In fact, just to become a coach now, one has to take a course that involves all sorts of social directives. Nobody's poisoning any kid's mind with the crap you suggest.

The only thing "oozing" here, is your activist tendencies and natural over-reaction.

Edited by Nationalist