Question for Trudeau Haters....

9 minutes ago, Boges said:

CBC and CTV want Charest because he's not an actual conservative, he's most likely their new puppet, and they are using their fake polling data to control the way Canadians think again. 

"Look at all the Canadians who say that they'll be less likely to vote PC if PP wins! This is undeniable proof that he's a really bad guy!"

Their polling data always had Trudeau as being quite a bit more popular than the PC leader, but he has lost the popular vote twice in a row. That's proof that their "polling data" is actually just "their carefully cultivated message".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Boges said:

Not if PP wins leadership. 

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/poilievre-preferred-among-conservatives-but-charest-favoured-by-canadians-poll-1.6021107

They will lose Ontario, in a big way, if PP becomes the next leader. 

So what?  Making the Conservatives into Liberals just makes more Liberals.  If this keeps happening and Canadians can’t help but reaffirm an entrenched one-party system, it’s time to emigrate.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

You're like a guy who says that he didn't vote for Hitler and didn't wear swastikas, but who said that the hatemongering against the Jews was well-deserved,

You suffering some sort of mental break from reality? Wtf are you on about?

3 hours ago, Boges said:

Don't spoil their imaginations with reality you big meanie!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

1. You're trying to justify it.  

2. "An angle"? You're calling hatemongering "an angle"?  

3. And why should a PMOC be misleading "those who don't know anything about the movement"? Are you vouching for his disinformation as well? 

After those three points I stopped reading this post.

You STILL don't seem to understand that I don't share the views of Trudeau.

But he is making them because they will pass muster with the average person.

Arguing whether they are right or wrong is completely beside the point.

4 hours ago, sharkman said:

Wait until he wins the conservative nomination, polls and preferences will change.

How did that work out for O’Toole or his predecessor (whom I can’t even remember now…)?  

If there was going to be a bounce in the polls where it matters, who do you think it’s more likely to happen to:  the loony conspiracy leader, but not the more moderate fella?

Edited by TreeBeard
  • Like 1

The general tenor of the anti-Polievre comments here seems to be, “Look, Trudeau can get away with making unfair inflammatory statements about Conservatives and stay in power because people are stupid and will buy it, therefore let’s continue to do stupid things that stupid people will support.

Also, having a conservative Conservative Party won’t work because Pat King is racist and somehow representative of Polievre.  Oh, and Liberal copycat former Conservative leader Erin O’Toole couldn’t get elected.  Therefore, the Conservatives should be even more Liberal in order to ensure that the Coke Classic Trudeau Liberals get elected because people continue to enjoy fanning the flames of racism and stupid Trudeau policies.”

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

Met Pierre. We chatted for about half an hour about history. We both asked questions. We both had our answers in reply. I could see no visible security. I didn't feel rushed. He seemed to enjoy himself. I certainly did.

It was a good moment in time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

The general tenor of the anti-Polievre comments here seems to be, “Look, Trudeau can get away with making unfair inflammatory statements about Conservatives and stay in power because people are stupid and will buy it, therefore let’s continue to do stupid things that stupid people will support.

Also, having a conservative Conservative Party won’t work because Pat King is racist and somehow representative of Polievre.  Oh, and Liberal copycat former Conservative leader Erin O’Toole couldn’t get elected.  Therefore, the Conservatives should be even more Liberal in order to ensure that the Coke Classic Trudeau Liberals get elected because people continue to enjoy fanning the flames of racism and stupid Trudeau policies.”

Maybe it’s a case of the stupid (policies) that people know versus the even stupider (policies) coming from Poilievre?

What would you choose…. stupid, or really stupid (policies)?

Edited by TreeBeard

1 minute ago, TreeBeard said:

Maybe it’s a case of the stupid that people know versus the even stupider coming from Poilievre?

Maybe it's a case of the stupid that you're content with verses a chance to do better for our country.

Fact is . . . you're looking foolish once more with your un-founded statements and assumptions concerning PP. You do realize that he's (PP) un-tried, yet you make a stupid statement.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Met Pierre. We chatted for about half an hour about history. We both asked questions. We both had our answers in reply. I could see no visible security. I didn't feel rushed. He seemed to enjoy himself. I certainly did.

It was a good moment in time.

Seems very down to earth and approachable.  He’s not an extreme figure at all.  He is smart.  He is a threat to the Liberals, thankfully.  

• Like 2

Just now, Nefarious Banana said:

Maybe it's a case of the stupid that you're content with verses a chance to do better for our country.

Fact is . . . you're looking foolish once more with your un-founded statements and assumptions concerning PP. You do realize that he's (PP) un-tried, yet you make a stupid statement.

Un-tried, and likely to remain so as Canadians in general like vaccines, dislike illegal protests and have seen his Bitcoin promotion as a severe lack of judgement, and possibly ethics.  

Do these make his policies stupider in the eyes of most Canadians than the current stupid policies from Trudeau?  I think they do…

15 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Ontario will hate the 6 or 7 time member from Carleton as he was raised in Saskatchewan.

?

Edited by DogOnPorch

3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Seems very down to earth and approachable.  He’s not an extreme figure at all.  He is smart.  He is a threat to the Liberals, thankfully.  

Definitely not extreme. They sooooooo much want him to be Trump.

100% a threat. Thousands turn out to meet him...and they get to. He'll shake hands and chat with everyone until they get bored...not the other way around.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

According to what exactly?  

Feelings or polls?  

Poilievre is up front about what he believes.  He doesn’t water it down in some fake milquetoast ineffectual way.  He’s smart on the level of Harper and would make the right moves on energy security, prosperity, and rights.  I trust someone who doesn’t pretend to be what he isn’t or impossibly claim to please everyone.

I know you’re a greenie, but I think PP would be better on the environment because industry leaders will listen to him.  Also, pipelines are better for the environment than trucks.

The crypto stuff is about transaction commissions and financial technology.  Canada should be a centre for it.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 2