Charest, Poilievre & Maxime Bernier

7 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Littlest Hobo, Corner Gas & Letterkenney were/are all Bell/ CTV productions

Fair enough, I stand corrected about these ones.

Friendly Giant

Wayne and Shuster show..

Who could forget Canada's favorite The nature of things.

Mr dress up

Tommy hunter show..

Beachcombers

I wonder just how much Canadian content the average Canadian watches today,,, 

my favourite Canadian actor is Nicholas Campbell

because he's a buddy of mine

we used to hang out in the back of Jet Fuel coffee shop on Parliament

smoking joking & talking hockey

another famous Canadian who hung out there was Bruce Cockburn

but he was super standoffish, too cool for school

Bruce Cockburn is grumpy af

20170613-2048-JetFuel9.jpg?cmd=resize&qu

I also used to be neighbours with Tyler from the BNL

he used to invite me over to his backyard

the BNL once put on the best concert I have ever seen

all cover tunes, every classic rock song you can think of

for Tyler's birthday party

they invited all us neighbours to come over for the party

I even played shinny with the BNL, they are totally cool, very down to earth, just the boys next door

yet my favourite Canadian star, is of course Stan Rogers

and his brother Garnet too

Hamilton Ontario boys, who became the pride of Nova Scotia

my dad knew them back in the Seventies

I was just a little boy

but I remember Stan Rogers

this giant of a man with a deep booming voice

laughing & partying with my mom & dad in our kitchen down home in Halifax

he was larger than life

Poilievre is brilliant but he’ll have to soften his edges if he wants to win over centrist voters who would naturally support Charest. The gap between Reform and the PC has never fully been bridged. Harper resented having to govern as a PC which is why I think he supports Poilievre so fervently - it’s a chance for him to rerun history - but his protege will face the same dilemma: purity or power? 

39 minutes ago, RedDog said:

Three francophonie names automatically have zero thought for western Canada. PAYbec means further extortion.

Get Alberta Out.

Poilievre is born and bred in Saskatchewan. Adopted even. Speaks perfect Quebec French, though.

• Like 2

On 7/25/2022 at 8:50 AM, Michael Hardner said:

This is essential.  Those here who paint our politics in absolutes, and hold personal hatred for politicians like Trudeau are missing the point.

Trudeau is a shallow non-entity unworthy of strong emotions.

One can, however, develop a considerable dislike for his policies.

On 7/26/2022 at 8:57 AM, Michael Hardner said:

Well said.

Trudeau and Ford were not equipped to deal with these things, no one could be.  But despite their ideological differences, they were focused on a goal

Reelection. The only thing either of them seems to consider important.

7 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Poilievre is brilliant but he’ll have to soften his edges if he wants to win over centrist voters who would naturally support Charest. The gap between Reform and the PC has never fully been bridged. Harper resented having to govern as a PC which is why I think he supports Poilievre so fervently - it’s a chance for him to rerun history - but his protege will face the same dilemma: purity or power? 

Poilievre doesn't need soft edges. O'Toole had nothing but soft edges. Same with Scheer.

You want to get votes from the horde of immigrants in the suburbs and exurbs? Show them a strong man who doesn't back down. They'll respect that. They certainly didn't respect O'Toole or Scheer. They were weaklings who backed down too easily. 

Of course, it would help if the man had understandable and worthwhile policies. As yet, he doesn't. Hopefully the party will give him some.

On 8/3/2022 at 9:42 PM, PIK said:

They serve who shows them the money. And that is the Liberal party of Canada. Plain and simple. 

Well then, if the Conservatives win that will be them. 

Their problem has always been hesitation, softness. You want to change what's on the CBC? Not hard if you're paying the bills. Appoint someone to fumigate the place. Make political neutrality and merit the watchwords of the organization. 

And by neutral I do not mean having a political panel consisting of a strong Liberal, a strong NDPer, and a sort-of but not really conservative who will mostly agree with the first two. Make it a requirement that the parties choose who will represent them at any sort of panel or discussion. Bring in a new oversight commissioner to watch for biased programming and fire whoever approved it.

On the other hand, get rid of the CRTC. You talk about bloated organizations that are propaganda arms of the government! That's them!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

he'll probably govern like a liberal

just like Harper

I hope I'm wrong

but I doubt it

Edited by Yzermandius19

11 hours ago, I am Groot said:

Poilievre doesn't need soft edges. O'Toole had nothing but soft edges. Same with Scheer.

You want to get votes from the horde of immigrants in the suburbs and exurbs? Show them a strong man who doesn't back down. They'll respect that. They certainly didn't respect O'Toole or Scheer. They were weaklings who backed down too easily. 

Of course, it would help if the man had understandable and worthwhile policies. As yet, he doesn't. Hopefully the party will give him some.

Sounds like you are pushing Trudeau? LOL

4 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Neither do narcissists.

Narcissistic personality disorder — one of several types of personality disorders — is a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others.