Do You Feel Like Everything That You See on CBC and CNN is 100% Legitimate?

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

obvious sign of cognitive dissonance

feigning like they want a good faith debate

then going ad hominem once it's clear they are in over their head

You'd think that they'd eventually get sick of being stooged by MSM narratives but they always get hooked on the shiny new thing.

They have a saying: "Fool me once, I'm sure the next story will be true, fool me 2,000 times, I'm sure the next story will be true."

7 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

You'd think that they'd eventually get sick of being stooged by MSM narratives but they always get hooked on the shiny new thing.

They have a saying: "Fool me once, I'm sure the next story will be true, fool me 2,000 times, I'm sure the next story will be true."

well to be fair they don't always lie

even a broken clock is right twice a day

Hitler drank water, that doesn't mean we shouldn't

it's best to not engage in ad hominem and attack the message not the messenger

still they often engage in an appeal to authority fallacy

which is also fallacious thinking

Edited by Yzermandius19

3 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

still they often engage in an appeal to authority fallacy

IMO they're hooked on virtue-signalling and the Libs/Dems know it.

Every once in a while the leftist leaders have to come up with a new version of "If you don't support __________ you're racist/misogynist/anti-science/homophobic/transphobic" so that their minions have something to run around screaming at people.

It doesn't have to make sense, and it's almost better if it doesn't because the people who shriek the loudest about the dumbest things get the most leftist street cred. 

My theory is that the majority of leftists are people who don't have any actual, hard-earned reasons to feel self-esteem, and the message of "You're better than everyone who is succeeding in life" is like crack for them. They can't get enough of it, and lying is the least of what they'll do for it. Throwing innocent Canadians in jail just for not following the script is a thing they get giddy about now. The leader of the BLM riots is a hero, the leader of the entirely peaceful Freedom Convoy is a villain. It's fucked.

38 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

because you fling your shit on others

What shit? That I'm not as capable as you claim to be at discerning it from Shinola on CBC / CTV / CNN / Fox etc etc etc?

Where did I fling that exactly?

What I'm flinging in your face is your inability to discern the shit from the Shinola that's sloshing around your own head never mind what you think you or I see on tv.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, herbie said:

there's no stopping the flakes from inventing words and pretending they mean something.,

Right?

Like emotional support llama, minor-attracted-person, the various names for the 751 genders, anti-vaxxer, etc. 

Leftists are out of control morons. Good point herbie. 

3 minutes ago, eyeball said:

What shit? That I'm not as capable as you claim to be at discerning it from Shinola on CBC / CTV / CNN / Fox etc etc etc?

Where did I fling that exactly?

What I'm flinging in your face is your inability to discern the shit from the Shinola that's sloshing around your own head never mind what you think you or I see on tv.

Do you have anything to say on the topic of MSM honesty? Do you think that they make an honest attempt at being accurate and fair, or can you think of some examples of them showing an unconscionable level of bias?

*Cue the crickets....*

40 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

There you go again, replying to accurate comments and criticisms with a snotty insult.

Again, can you name a specific story that you saw on CTV, CBC or CNN which you felt was disinformation or lacked integrity in a serious way?

Every single story in which a politician gives a measly mouthed evasive answer.

There are too many to list.

So I'll stick with the specific example I provided yzermandious in the mass shooting thread on gun control and safety -

Every single story that reported on the intent of the Transparency and Accountability Act, to keep us safe from influence peddling, is misinformation because it lacks integrity as evidenced by the measly mouthed answers politicians provide to lame assed questions on the topic.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2022 at 11:30 AM, Yzermandius19 said:

say stupid shit

you might get called out on it

best learn to cope

because you certainly aren't going to stop with the stupid shit

Wait...I don't think CNN is politically "right" leaning either.

Can you explain how you think they are?

10 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Every single story that reported on the intent of the Transparency and Accountability Act, to keep us safe from influence peddling, is misinformation because it lacks integrity as evidenced by the measly mouthed answers politicians provide to lame assed questions on the topic.

That's a fair enough answer. 

We both know that my critiques of the MSM would be far more scathing and wide-ranging, but I'll admit that you possess the ability to consider what you're seeing on the news with at least some sense of awareness. Not many leftists here could even consider questioning anything that they saw on CNN, CTV or CBC.

On 7/19/2022 at 3:41 PM, herbie said:

The "news" doesn't have a bias. But those that don't like what they hear on the news insist it does. The "MSM" stations mentioned DO have editorial opinion, but is clearly separate from the actual "news". Wheras Fox and it's like deliver editorial opinion AS news.

As Michael Hardner pointed out the "MSM" makes it's income from delivering the news and that income is affected by the accuracy and quality of the news they deliver, so it is absurd to label them as 'left'.

At least by what a lot of posters claim is left....

This is amusing.

You are correct. "News" does not have a bias. Which "news" is delivered and how its delivered...THAT does exhibit bias.

For instance...Recently the SCOTUS made a ruling on the validity of the federal government proclaiming abortion to be legal (Roe V Wade) and shot it down, making the states the arbiters of this issue. Yet here's how both CNN and FOX reported on it.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/24/politics/dobbs-mississippi-supreme-court-abortion-roe-wade/index.html

The Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade on Friday, holding that there is no longer a federal constitutional right to an abortion. 

The opinion is the most consequential Supreme Court decision in decades and will transform the landscape of women’s reproductive health in America. 

President Joe Biden said Friday “the health and life of women in this nation are now at risk” after the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade and eliminated the constitutional right to an abortion.

“It’s a sad day for the court and for the country,” Biden said, speaking from the White House, calling for Congress to codify the right to an abortion – something that’s unlikely given the split balance of power in the Senate.

“It was three justices named by one president, Donald Trump, who were the core of today’s decision to upend the scales of justice and eliminate a fundamental right for women in this country. Make no mistake, this decision is a culmination of a deliberate effort over decades to upset the balance of our law,” Biden said.

“It’s a realization of an extreme ideology and a tragic error of the Supreme Court in my view,” he added.

“The court has done what it’s never done before, expressly take away a constitutional right that is so fundamental to so many Americans that had already been recognized. The court’s decision to do so will have real and immediate consequences,” he said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/supreme-court-overturns-roe-v-wade-dobbs-v-jackson-womens-health-organization

The Supreme Court on Friday overturned Roe v. Wade, effectively ending recognition of a constitutional right to abortion and giving individual states the power to allow, limit, or ban the practice altogether.

The ruling came in the court's opinion in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, which centered on a Mississippi law that banned abortion after 15 weeks of pregnancy. The Republican-led state of Mississippi asked the Supreme Court to strike down a lower court ruling that stopped the 15-week abortion ban from taking place.

Public reaction to a possible overruling of Roe well before the Court handed down Friday's decision. A leak of a draft opinion by Alito from February that reached the same conclusion caused nationwide debate and promoted pro-choice activist protests at the homes of the six conservative justices. 

In addition, dozens of pro-life pregnancy centers were vandalized since the opinion leak, Catholic churches were targeted for protests and unrest, and a suspect was charged with attempted murder for allegedly trying to assassinate Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

Note that both report the "news", but each report the "news" with differing information. Information they chose to use because of their...BIAS!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

This is amusing.

You are correct. "News" does not have a bias. Which "news" is delivered and how its delivered...THAT does exhibit bias.

Good point.

Lying by omission is a real thing, and it's especially bad when it's done by the news media, but it's a mainstay.

The MSM completely missing out on Trudeau's hatemongering about the unvaxed was a perfect example of "not telling lies or false narratives" but still showing a massive amount of bias by completely ignoring a major issue. 

Note that both report the "news", but each report the "news" with differing information. Information they chose to use because of their...BIAS!

That's a great example of both stations having completely different stories about the same story.

The way I see it, Fox did a good job of covering the main story and it's back-story, and touching on the side-stories, like for example the attempt on a SCJ's life.

CNN gave the main headline and then went right to Joe Biden's opinion (which was rife with disinformation), the readers of that article have no context and are completely unaware of the main fallout from the decision. 

I honestly can't watch CNN, my gag reflex is too strong. IMO you can't do justice to a story while neglecting to mention the attempted murder of a SCJ or the fact that an FBI lawyer was charged with a felony.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Good point.

Lying by omission is a real thing, and it's especially bad when it's done by the news media, but it's a mainstay.

The MSM completely missing out on Trudeau's hatemongering about the unvaxed was a perfect example of "not telling lies or false narratives" but still showing a massive amount of bias by completely ignoring a major issue. 

That's a great example of both stations having completely different stories about the same story.

The way I see it, Fox did a good job of covering the main story and it's back-story, and touching on the side-stories, like for example the attempt on a SCJ's life.

CNN gave the main headline and then went right to Joe Biden's opinion (which was rife with disinformation), the readers of that article have no context and are completely unaware of the main fallout from the decision. 

I honestly can't watch CNN, my gag reflex is too strong. IMO you can't do justice to a story while neglecting to mention the attempted murder of a SCJ or the fact that an FBI lawyer was charged with a felony.

And this is where we're at. The great western civilization...brought to its knees by...nerds. Angry, needy, unhappy, nerds who do ridiculous crap like howling at the moon in anguish...lie with a consistancy that's staggering...running about the planet screaming,

"AHHH! WE ALL GONNA DIIIEEE!"

Donald Trump...The Russians...Global Fucking Warming...Truckers...Farmers...you...me...even these libbies...all part of this psychotic idea that we all gonna die.

If there's a real Satin...he'd be laughing his burnt little ass off right about now.

"AHHH! WE ALL GONNA DIIIEEE!"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Do you have anything to say on the topic of MSM honesty? Do you think that they make an honest attempt at being accurate and fair, or can you think of some examples of them showing an unconscionable level of bias?

*Cue the crickets....*

I doubt it's honest to a tee, I also doubt it's always the deliberate liar you think much of it is all the time. I doubt it's even the big shadowy it as you seem to imagine it is - which is to say in cahoots with one another, the government, politicians, the Deep-state and freakin' aliens for all I know.

I don't think it has a chance in hell of being accurate much of the time given how dishonest and evasive so many of the answers its given to report on are.  With a paucity of any meaningful meat and potatoes to serve up it tries to make up the difference by spicing up the gravy with hooey it reads between the lines and into their stories.  If its crap going in it'll be crap coming out of it.

The most unconscionable bias they show is to their bottom line and profit margins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/19/2022 at 3:28 PM, Michael Hardner said:

We know that more CO2 in the atmosphere raises temperatures. You can reproduce this effect in the lab. It's called the greenhouse effect.

Then you look at how much CO2 we are putting into the atmosphere, and realize that correlates with a rising temperature.

It's a pretty open and shut case.

Your problem is you don't really look at how much CO2 Canada or the world puts into the atmosphere and how much the total CO2 is in the atmosphere.  If you had paid attention or looked at the real figures, you would realize the claim of man-made climate change by CO2 is highly questionable.    

There is about 400 PPM of CO2 in the atmosphere.  Man contributes about 3%.  Of that 3%, Canada contributes about 1.5% of human CO2 emissions.  What is 1.5% of 3%?  It is so miniscule.  It equates to 0.18 PPM.  The total CO2 in the atmosphere is very small.  It is just a trace gas.  So where is the proof that man-made CO2 is having any impact on climate change?  There is no evidence.   But you still persist in your claim that it is causing rising temperatures.  That is pure fiction.

• Like 1

I guess a poll came out recently.  Asking folks if they trusted the media, or in this case, newspapers and TV news.  Only 16% of respondents said they have a lot of confidence in newspapers.  11% having a lot of confidence in TV news.

Here’s a MSNBC anchor asking if they are doing more harm than good.  First 5 seconds of the video, you can watch 5 seconds can’t you?

And here’s a link to the Gallup poll.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/394817/media-confidence-ratings-record-lows.aspx

So to you liberal/left wingers that think this thread is nonsense because the MSM is doing just fine, wake the hell up.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sharkman said:

So to you liberal/left wingers that think this thread is nonsense because the MSM is doing just fine, wake the hell up.

The nonsense in this thread is strictly coming from people like you who imagine you're the only ones in the universe who know the media has issues with trust.  Yer a bunch of goddamn loons, every last one of you.

Has anyone answered yes to the thread title yet?

44 minutes ago, eyeball said:

The nonsense in this thread is strictly coming from people like you who imagine you're the only ones in the universe who know the media has issues with trust.  Yer a bunch of goddamn loons, every last one of you.

Has anyone answered yes to the thread title yet?

Look, you’ve been in this particular asylum longer than most here, so…

Edit:  I now feel like I have to explain everything to you.  By asylum, I mean this forum.  That is all.

Edited by sharkman

23 minutes ago, sharkman said:

Look, you’ve been in this particular asylum longer than most here, so…

Edit:  I now feel like I have to explain everything to you.  By asylum, I mean this forum.  That is all.

Just answer the fucking question. Has anyone answered yes to the thread title? No they haven't so STFU.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, eyeball said:

I doubt it's honest to a tee,

They're as close to being considered "honest to a tee" as Clifford Olson is to being recognized as "The world's best babysitter." 

Even Xinhua successfully chucked shit at our news media. 

I didn't think much of our media at the time, but it still shook me somewhat that a communist news corp got to dunk on our MSM. They were posterized, looking up at Xinhua's armpit. 

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I didn't think much of our media...

Welcome to the club.

Is it finally sinking in yet that this club is not exclusive to right wingers?bCareful now, you'll risk being labeled a commie if you show any signs of weakness or doubt that goes against your herd.

Like I said welcome to the club.

29 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Welcome to the club.

Is it finally sinking in yet that this club is not exclusive to right wingers?bCareful now, you'll risk being labeled a commie if you show any signs of weakness or doubt that goes against your herd.

Like I said welcome to the club.

In your previous post you said "I doubt it's [the MSM] honest to a tee", now you're claiming to be a charter member of the "MSM is bullshit" club? Huh?

I have a patch in that club. I'm the chief cook & bottle washer, secretary and the enforcer. 

FYI there are less vaccine passport carriers in this group than there are rabbis in hezbollah. 

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

They're as close to being considered "honest to a tee" as Clifford Olson is to being recognized as "The world's best babysitter." 

Even Xinhua successfully chucked shit at our news media. 

I didn't think much of our media at the time, but it still shook me somewhat that a communist news corp got to dunk on our MSM. They were posterized, looking up at Xinhua's armpit. 

If ever the old adage "Pot calling the Kettle black" fit anything, that statement does LOL