The Unconscionable Persecution of Tamara Lich

27 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

OK.

Or to show what could happen.

Just like in football, a holding penalty can be called on almost  every play but it isn't, only when it gets excessive do the refs hammer down. So, the law hammered down on a few.

Who were not "holding". Bad calls don't enforce the law...they dilute it.

2 hours ago, West said:

When this is all set and done she will recieve a settlement for millions of dollars. Hopefully karimjee does jail time too

I am not excited giving her millions of dollars.

What should happen is, whoever wrongfully convicted her, should face the same shaming and do jail time - all of them with the PM, if he was involved.

3 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Hey, she is being charged and held under existing laws, nothing new. Like em or not, they are and have been there for a long time.

You can and do call everything "bad" if it does not fit your narrative or likes. :)

Oh and understand this. I could not, in any way, care less about Lich or her cohorts. I would feel the same way about anyone being stupid and flaunting laws for a stupid cause.

I think it's a righteous cause.

Freedom to protest is supposed to be a right of Canadians. Pixie-Dust stomped on that and his minions in the legal system are trying to go along.

Eventually this sort of shit will destroy any credibility those 2 "institutions" have left.

That too is a "bad" thing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Who were not "holding". Bad calls don't enforce the law...they dilute it.

Clearly not a sports fan.

Missed it entirely. Point was that there can be a call on every play but they choose not to enforce them until it gets to be too much.

22 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I think it's a righteous cause.

Freedom to protest is supposed to be a right of Canadians. Pixie-Dust stomped on that and his minions in the legal system are trying to go along.

Eventually this sort of shit will destroy any credibility those 2 "institutions" have left.

That too is a "bad" thing.

OK. Your opinion. And taken as such, an opinion.

I am allowed to have mine.

18 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Clearly not a sports fan.

Missed it entirely. Point was that there can be a call on every play but they choose not to enforce them until it gets to be too much.

Actually I know exactly what you're saying. The law is not a game.

17 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

OK. Your opinion. And taken as such, an opinion.

I am allowed to have mine.

You are indeed. 

My argument isn't that I don't think your opinion is valid...but that it's based on your feelings toward protesters whose opinions you don't like.

The charges are all based on feelings and opinions. Not on dry facts. That's my opinion. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nationalist said:

You are indeed. 

My argument isn't that I don't think your opinion is valid...but that it's based on your feelings toward protesters whose opinions you don't like.

The charges are all based on feelings and opinions. Not on dry facts. That's my opinion. 

Again, why?

It has nothing to do with my "feelings". When Iook at it just in black and white, that is what I see. Right and wrong. The police looked at it with some grey areas and therefore did not charge everybody, only those they considered leaders in the event. That is not unusual at all. That happens in protests all over. Look at the January 6 shit show in the US. They wanted the leaders and the ones that made the most noise and they are getting them . If they get out of control, they look for leaders.

21 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Again, why?

It has nothing to do with my "feelings". When Iook at it just in black and white, that is what I see. Right and wrong. The police looked at it with some grey areas and therefore did not charge everybody, only those they considered leaders in the event. That is not unusual at all. That happens in protests all over. Look at the January 6 shit show in the US. They wanted the leaders and the ones that made the most noise and they are getting them . If they get out of control, they look for leaders.

So you're saying the protest was illegal? They didn't go marching into the parliament. They waited outside until Pixie-Dust sat down and spoke to them. But our embarrassment of a PM ran to Mommy's cottage and got the police to deal with them. Meanwhile the li'l coward called them names from the tv news.

From the charges to the jailing...all a blatant abuse of power. Childish and embarrassing. 

1 minute ago, Nationalist said:

So you're saying the protest was illegal? They didn't go marching into the parliament. They waited outside until Pixie-Dust sat down and spoke to them. But our embarrassment of a PM ran to Mommy's cottage and got the police to deal with them. Meanwhile the li'l coward called them names from the tv news.

From the charges to the jailing...all a blatant abuse of power. Childish and embarrassing. 

Who said the protest was illegal?? Not me. Everyone can protest.

Do I agree with the protest? Some of it yes, much of what it turned out to be, no.

What some of them did was considered as breaking some laws and bylaws and that is why some were ticketed, some had their vehicles towed and impounded and some were arrested for it.

Calling it an abuse of power is ill thought out and incorrect when the greatest majority were not bothered, ticketed or arrests. Only a few were and those were deemed to be "leaders" and instigators of certain activities

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

Offended? Ha.

Why are you so insistent I agree with you.

That is not being offended, it is a wonder.

I'm not at all.. I'm disgusted that a supposed Canadian is OK with a woman being locked up for an offense that even if convicted likely is no jail time. 

A 50 year old grandmother with no prior criminal record and a prosecutor who donated 20k to the Liberal Party. This is nothing more than Trudeau threatening his own citizens... same with the crazy premiers threatening people into getting vaccinated It's disgusting

The Jan 6 nonsense is just as bad.. people sitting in jail for two years without a trial date. What happens in Iran

Edited by West

5 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Old growth protesters have been dragged of roads by police and charged.  Their free speech is clearly being abrogated by a heavy handed government, right?  They are now turning to spraying graffiti to voice their objections, but we should let them because.

/s

The convoy blocked streets, interfered with businesses and disturbed area residents past what was reasonable.  Yet, you people seem to feel that the locals don't count - they have no right to carry on their day to day activities.  The convoy had three weeks to make their point and were given every opportunity to let others get back to their lives - but they refused.  So screw them, just like they were ok to screw the residents and businesses caught in their protest.  If people stopping traffic during rush hour (or on a logging road) can be arrested and charged, then why should convoyers expect different treatment.

I don't agree with what Trudeau said but I agree with the removal of the convoy and the arrests of it's leaders.  If the leaders can't get lawyers or they break their bail conditions that's hardly the government's fault.

19 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Old growth protesters have been dragged of roads by police and charged.  Their free speech is clearly being abrogated by a heavy handed government, right?  They are now turning to spraying graffiti to voice their objections, but we should let them because.

/s

The convoy blocked streets, interfered with businesses and disturbed area residents past what was reasonable.  Yet, you people seem to feel that the locals don't count - they have no right to carry on their day to day activities.  The convoy had three weeks to make their point and were given every opportunity to let others get back to their lives - but they refused.  So screw them, just like they were ok to screw the residents and businesses caught in their protest.  If people stopping traffic during rush hour (or on a logging road) can be arrested and charged, then why should convoyers expect different treatment.

I don't agree with what Trudeau said but I agree with the removal of the convoy and the arrests of it's leaders.  If the leaders can't get lawyers or they break their bail conditions that's hardly the government's fault.

All the little twerp had to do is meet with them. Hear them out. Tell them face to face that he was gonna do...whatever. 

But no...

IMO...had the twit just faced them across the table, that protest would have dispersed in a week.

26 minutes ago, West said:

I'm not at all.. I'm disgusted that a supposed Canadian is OK with a woman being locked up for an offense that even if convicted likely is no jail time. 

A 50 year old grandmother with no prior criminal record and a prosecutor who donated 20k to the Liberal Party. This is nothing more than Trudeau threatening his own citizens... same with the crazy premiers threatening people into getting vaccinated It's disgusting

The Jan 6 nonsense is just as bad.. people sitting in jail for two years without a trial date. What happens in Iran

OK, be disgusted.

Facts are, she was in jail because she could not come up with bail. Then when someone coughed up her bail, she could not find a lawyer. When she got super lawyer Greenspon, she breached her bail restrictions and even her super lawyer could not get her out for a while.

Who cares how old she is and that she is a grandmother? She can be as stupid as anyone else.

The justice of the peace (as opposed to the prosecutor) is a red herring. Who cares except you protesters.

Bottom line dude, you fcuk with the system and the system  will fcuk with you.

5 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

OK, be disgusted.

Facts are, she was in jail because she could not come up with bail. Then when someone coughed up her bail, she could not find a lawyer. When she got super lawyer Greenspon, she breached her bail restrictions and even her super lawyer could not get her out for a while.

Who cares how old she is and that she is a grandmother? She can be as stupid as anyone else.

The justice of the peace (as opposed to the prosecutor) is a red herring. Who cares except you protesters.

There's another problem. 

It's supposed to be our system. Yet it's being usurped. 

3 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

There's another problem. 

It's supposed to be our system. Yet it's being usurped. 

Well, it was never "our" system.

It is the legal system and unfortunately it can never be clear and concise enough to prevent it from being manipulated by anyone, layers and prosecutors an judges alike. It has become so overly complicated and openly criticized.

That is why there are so many levels and appeal opportunities.

That is why it takes 10 years to deport a convicted criminal. That is why it costs a fortune just to get off simple charges.

4 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Well, it was never "our" system.

It is the legal system and unfortunately it can never be clear and concise enough to prevent it from being manipulated by anyone, layers and prosecutors an judges alike. It has become so overly complicated and openly criticized.

That is why there are so many levels and appeal opportunities.

That is why it takes 10 years to deport a convicted criminal. That is why it costs a fortune just to get off simple charges.

Sounds like that is HOW they all get wealthy. 

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

OK, be disgusted.

Lol... 

Sure. Taking a photo with someone is grounds for putting out a Canada wide warrant used only in the most extreme cases. If nothing else you should be outraged by the poor use of tax dollars.. it's disgraceful

Good thing a judge already said it wasn't breaking bail conditions. Karimjee just had to suck off Trudeau is all... 

Edited by West

8 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

If she was falsely imprisoned, she would have been released a long time ago. Not 50 days in jail and under bail restrictions. Her lawyer could not prove her case so...

I could care less about her or anyones cause. Play the game within the rules and your cause will not end up with you in jail.

The rule of law, or any rule for any game you play is very important. Fuck up and you get a penalty.

if you get stuck with a partisan judge who doesn’t care about the law, you end up in jail whether you did anything or not

when you then get a judge who does care about the law, he releases you from jail and they point out you shouldn't have been imprisoned in the first place

being put in jail doesn't make you guilty, that's not how false imprisonment works

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yzermandius19 said:

if you get stuck with a partisan judge who doesn’t care about the law, you end up in jail whether you did anything or not

when you then get a judge who does care about the law, he releases you from jail and they point out you shouldn't have been imprisoned in the first place

being put in jail doesn't make you guilty, that's not how false imprisonment works

They created a minor inconvenience for snobby leftists downtown. That's it. No destruction of infrastructure. No violence. Just parked their vehicles and asked politicians for a meeting (which is the job of a politican)

1 hour ago, West said:

Lol... 

Sure. Taking a photo with someone is grounds for putting out a Canada wide warrant used only in the most extreme cases. If nothing else you should be outraged by the poor use of tax dollars.. it's disgraceful

Good thing a judge already said it wasn't breaking bail conditions. Karimjee just had to suck off Trudeau is all... 

Look, I told you I really do not care.

Fact is, she breached the conditions of bail Be it ian inch or a mile. It was done.

Your obsessions take weird turns, now it is a justice of peace in your sights LOL