Canada intends to service Russian pipeline turbines circumventing the sanctions

3 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

How many CF-18s are still operational?

We had less than 150 to start with, could we get 90 of them up in the air today?

so the 7 Russian Su-57 prototypes are outnumbered 10 to 1

and the CF-18's are shooting the latest American AMRAAMs with the latest American APG-79 radar

11 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

you are married to your identity politics narrative

I have no interest in arguing with your dogmatic narratives /shrugs

You're somehow different?

You're talking like the Ukrainian army is going toe-to-toe with Russia and they're not. They're guerrilla all the way. 

This reminds me of the Braveheart movie where Will Wallace was depicted as a chivalrous hero who met the English army head-on in battle. He never did that until Falkirk, and Falkirk was like a Waterloo. 

Yes, Wallace was a giant of a man who carved a mighty swath against an opponent that was impossibly large for him to deal with, but his tactics were decidedly guerrilla in nature, not chivalrous. He used stealth, surprise and even barbarism to achieve what any reasonable man would consider impossible. He was a major thorn in the side of one of Europe's premiere fighting forces, with just a small force of his own, he was a legitimate hero to the Scots, and he kicked a lot of English ass, but he was what he was. Let's just be honest. 

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

so the 7 Russian Su-57 prototypes are outnumbered 10 to 1

and the CF-18's are shooting the latest American AMRAAMs with the latest American APG-79 radar

You can't hit what you can't see. 

I'd love to believe that our fighter planes are world-class, thank you for that burst of optimism, but I have my serious doubts. 

I'd love to have some F-35s and just some general beefed-upness. 

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

You're somehow different?

yes

I'm not a MIllennial, I don't do Identity politics

I don't side with the Russians just because the opposing ideological camp happens to be opposed to them at the moment

I don't oppose the Russians ideologically, they're not Communists anymore

but I don't make excuses for them, nor try to make them out to be ten feet tall,

just because one political tribe prefers that narrative

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

You can't hit what you can't see. 

I'd love to believe that our fighter planes are world-class, thank you for that burst of optimism, but I have my serious doubts. 

I'd love to have some F-35s and just some general beefed-upness. 

how do you know the Russian Su-57 is actually stealth ?

they basically just slapped a prototype air frame on the Su-35 avionics and engines

the Russian Su-57 is marketing

there is no evidence that it is actually  stealth like F-22 & F-35

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Russia is making progress, however slowly. America's involvement in Afghanistan was a net gain of zero today.

First, this is not factually correct. In most places Russia is stalled and in some, being pushed back. Secondly you should compare apples to apples not balloons to peanuts. Where was the US in three months and where Russia is. But OK whatever folks can see Santa or whatever they like to see in the skies.

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

If I lived in Russia I wouldn't want NATO troops along the Ukraine border either. 

Canada has a North ocean border with Russia and is in the NATO. Norway has land border with Russia been in NATO for decades. The US has a narrow strait border with Russia and is a founding member. So tomorrow Comrade Putin wakes and rolls a fit how all of this world is wrong? This so bullshit it's funny. Like a psycho after a killing spree complaining why there's the police.

Russia IS the reason, the one and only NATO has to exist. If you didn't believe it here's the proof, right before our eyes. Psychos do that because that's who they are not their ridiculous excuses.

certainly its true that the Russian nuclear powered ballistic missile carrier submarine cruisers

could pop up out of the polar ice and launch a thermonuclear strike against North America

but Russia would not survive the Anglo-American retaliation

and since the Russians are not Communists

and Putin is not an ideologue

I don't see why he would launch a suicide attack

like most dictators  I assume he plans to live to a ripe old age then die in his sleep

Edited by Dougie93

there is perhaps another option for the Russians to use their submarines

to cut the undersea internet cables

to mine the SLOC's

the American maritime choke points : Panama, Gibraltar, Suez, Hormuz, Malacca, etc

deniable covert strike against American lines of communication

deniable covert strike against American freedom of navigation

grinding the global economy to a halt, economic ransom

if I was advising the Russians,  that would be my suggested escalatory measure

but It doesn't seem like Putin actually wants to fight World War Three on the high seas

so it doesn't seem like the Russians are prepared to escalate to that strategic level, at this juncture at least

Edited by Dougie93

the reason I don't expect Russia would do this

is that Putin is a student of history

and as a former KGB Lt. Colonel in East Germany responsible for running covert operations in the West

he knows that to attack the West directly is to unite the West against you

he knows that America is most formidable when united against a foreign enemy attack

Putin knows not to do that, because the West is weak & divided

do not wake the sleeper

do not attack the Americans directly

as that will draw the Terrible Swift Sword

do not give the Americans an uniting cause for which they would rally around Old Glory as one

Edited by Dougie93

furthermore, as a Republican in the classical sense

Party of Lincoln, Party of TR, Party of Reagan

I would say that Russia is not a priority right now

they are contained, they are containing themselves with this quagmire in Ukraine for now

the truly existential enemy : is once again the Democrat Party traitors to the Republic

first we win the civil war at home against the Democrat plantation aristocracy

then we will deal with the Russians as necessary after

free all the slaves everywhere, or die trying

but free the slaves in America first

18 hours ago, myata said:

First, this is not factually correct. In most places Russia is stalled and in some, being pushed back. Secondly you should compare apples to apples not balloons to peanuts. Where was the US in three months and where Russia is. But OK whatever folks can see Santa or whatever they like to see in the skies.

Russia has made gains in this war that won't be taken back.

Every square inch of Afghanistan had gone back to the Taliban by the time the last American transport has left. 

That's got nothing to do with Santa, it's just fact. 

Canada has a North ocean border with Russia and is in the NATO.

Can you drive tanks across that ocean? If you could, how far would they be from Moscow? If you put stealth fighters and cruise missiles there how far would they be from important cities and infrastructure in Russia? 

FFS, that is basically the answer to a trivia question. NATO troops aren't going to camp out across the Arctic Ocean or Bering Sea en masse to attack Russia. It's dumb AF. 

Norway has land border with Russia been in NATO for decades.

Again, it's basically the answer to a trivia question. Norway's border with Russia is minuscule and a long way away from anything of importance. 

The US has a narrow strait border with Russia and is a founding member.

Maybe you don't understand logistics, geography, or how remote and massive Siberia is. 

Wales, Alaska, the closest point to "Russia", is almost 3,000 miles from Vladivostok, which is the closest major Russian city. Wales is 4,000 miles from Moscow. 

There's literally nowhere in all of Europe that's farther from Moscow than Wales, Alaska is, and it's not even close. Ireland is as far away as you can get and they're just over 2,000 miles away. Berlin is only 1,000 miles away from Moscow. 

Wales Alaska is not keeping Russians awake at night. If NATO parks 1M troops there the Russians won't lose any sleep. 

So tomorrow Comrade Putin wakes and rolls a fit how all of this world is wrong? This so bullshit it's funny. Like a psycho after a killing spree complaining why there's the police.

That's your opinion of it, but with all due respect, you have absolutely no appreciation of Russia's geopolitical situation. It's at a mind-boggling extent.

They share borders with China, NoKo, some NATO countries, and some 'stans, while you live in a country that doesn't have an enemy on its entire continent. You have big oceans on either side and the world's most powerful army protecting you from the North and South. If you were surrounded like Russia is, you'd be bristly too. 

FYI Kyiv is only 500 miles from Russia. You could easily put millions of NATO troops in Ukraine and there's enough food there for them. Logistically speaking, Ukraine is almost heaven on earth. 

Ukraine has thousands of km of border with Russia and Belarus. NATO in Ukraine is like if someone has a dagger right beside your heart, but hey, they're just NATO - they're good guys, right? Russia's back is literally pressed right up against the wall. The fact that you don't know that is a sad reflection of your understanding of this situation. 

To compare Ukraine with the border of Norway or the Bering Sea is just a fuckin joke. It's like comparing a Lada to a Lambourghini. They're both cars, but the similarities end there. You couldn't trade a Lada for a Lambo unless it hit a wall at over 100 mph. 

Russia IS the reason, the one and only NATO has to exist. If you didn't believe it here's the proof, right before our eyes.

It was, and it's still a lame excuse for the existence of NATO, but China is a far greater threat now than Russia is. 

Psychos do that because that's who they are not their ridiculous excuses.

Being a psycho is defined by one's complete inability to empathize with the plight of others. 

Are you able to understand what NATO in Russia would mean to Russians? Do you know how Russians would feel getting out of bed every morning with the world's most powerful alliance aiming their guns at them from nearby? 

You're clearly not, and that makes you a psycho.

Edited by WestCanMan

The gas is on again, for now. The doctor knows that the patient will respond. He opened the valve to let you breath but only a bit, and who knows for how long, like I mean, he knows. You had a minimum of eight years to perceive and understand but what if we don't want to, no stubbornly refuse to see? The diagnosis is quite certain: collectively, we cannot learn and will not learn, by reason or by trail.

18 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Maybe you don't understand logistics, geography, or how remote and massive Siberia is. 

Maybe you? Or maybe not even trying. Moscow is pretty much the same distance from Ukraine as from NATO members Estonia, Latvia and now Finland. Russia's "second capital" Petersburg is only 100 km from both Estonia and Finland's border. So, plain Russian bullshit. In decades Russia invaded and attacked its neighbors countless times while never threatened. Talk of wolf crying wolf. Anyways, Russia IS the reason for NATO you can see it and hear it and its patently clear now why it's an absolutely necessary arrangement for any of her neighbors who want to have peace and security. Think of living next door to a crazy and violent psycho wait wasn't it just in the news?

Russia has made gains in this war that won't be taken back.

So you know the price of gold two years from now. Can you check there while at it, is Chinese already the official language of the Great Mandarinate of North-East China?

Do you know how Russians would feel getting out of bed

You mean, poor Germans in 1940 with ugly scary Poles sharpening knives at their peaceful borders? No, you don't need those teary-imaginary stories. A psycho can not explain and justify his brutal acts with imaginary offenses that never happened. All what Russia is is what she does. And everyone who has eyes and a brain can see and understand now, what Russia is.

Edited by myata

just a note on stealth or "very low observable" ( VLO )

it is not actually invisibility

is simply reduces your radar cross section to provide "very late detection"

the way air combat works these days

the fighters will fly at each other, until they reach the "MAR"

the Minimum Abort Range

this is the distance from the other fighter where his missiles are likely to hit you

so you shoot at the MAR, then dive away from the incoming missiles

fighters will commit, evade, then recommit. along this no man's land of the MAR

what stealth allows you to do is get inside this MAR and shoot much later, without getting hit by the incoming

so stealth fighters can shoot from in close, where their missiles have the enemy in the No Escape Zone

while at the same time the enemy missiles have not yet locked on to the stealth fighter

there are two components to stealth

narrow band stealth, which is the stealthy shape of the airframe

that part is not that hard to achieve, the Russians can do that

the other component tho, is broadband stealth

that is the RAM, the Radar Absorbsent Material

that is the very hard & expensive part, which the Russians probably cannot afford

so the Sukhoi Su-57 PAKFA NATO Reporting Name : FELON - A

is no doubt a low observable ( LO ) fighter

but I would bet that it is not broadband stealth like the F-22/F-35,  which are VLO

thus the Raytheon AN/APG-79V4 AESA radar being retrofitted to the CF-18's now

would be able to detect, track & engage Su-57 at the threshold of the MAR

and the Raytheon AIM-120Delta AMRAAM recently purchased by the CF

are vastly superiors to any missiles in the Russians inventory

there's nothing actually wrong with the CF-18

in fact, the original F/A-18's are better air to air than the new Super Hornets

and you can keep refurbishing the airframes, L3MAS in Montreal does the refurbs

it's expensive to keep refurbishing old airframes, but the original performance is restored therein

but the avionics of the CF-18's

the computers, the radar, the radios, the navigation, the countermeasures, the targeting systems

all that has been replaced with the latest American Super Hornet equipment

so on the inside, the CF-18's are up to date in terms of NATO standard

Canada also runs its own Fighter Weapons School at 4 Wing Cold Lake

it's a world class program, producing some of the best fighter pilots

so the quality of the Canadian personnel is the elite of NATO

only an exceptionally few Canadians ever qualify to fly the CF-18

so by its very nature, a tiny hand picked elite, the Canadian program is best of the best

if 4 Wing was provided with CF-35's, the Russians wouldn't stand a chance against them

the RCAF motto : Sic Itur Ad Astra

can be translated in different ways

officially : "thus Is the pathway to the stars"

but can also mean "such is the way to immortality"

Edited by Dougie93

2 hours ago, myata said:

Maybe you? Or maybe not even trying. Moscow is pretty much the same distance from Ukraine as from NATO members Estonia, Latvia and now Finland.

I think you've forgotten what I said in my post. 

1) I informed you that Russia has made gains in this war which they will not likely be surrendering in this war, while the Taliban have regained all their former power and then some. They're now the proud owners of billions of dollars worth of US military hardware. 

2) You talked up America's proximity to Russia across the Bering, which I had to inform you was not a threat to Russia. 

3) You talked up Canada's proximity to Russia across the Arctic, which I had to inform you was not a threat to Russia. 

4) You talked about Putin just being crazy for not wanting NATO in Ukraine, and I had to explain to you very briefly what NATO in Ukraine looks like from a Russian POV. 

5) You claimed that NATO's only around because of Russia, I had to explain to you that was not the case at all. 

6) I had to explain to you that Putin is not a psycho just for wanting a buffer zone between NATO and Russia. Psychos are people who don't understand how to feel empathy. People like you, apparently, because I know how I'd fee if China, Russia, NoKo and Iran camped an allied army 500 miles away from the lower mainland of BC, with their sites all over us.  

I didn't say anything about Estonia at all, but if you need to know about those two, combined they pose 1/10 of the threat that Ukraine does. Ukraine has 20 times their combined population, it's 10 times as big, it has several times as much border with Belarus and Russia. Belarus would almost be surrounded if Ukraine joins NATO. It's just not an option, at all.

Russia would have opposed Estonia and Latvia's entry into NATO more forcefully if they could have, but they weren't in any position back then to do so. But just because they lost that round doesn't mean that they're gonna fold like a cheap tent.

The number of troops that could be supported long-term in Estonia and Latvia is very minor by comparison. It's almost nothing. Having those countries is cool for NATO, but it's nothing like having Ukraine in their pocket.

As a matter of fact, what NATO gains by having Estonia and Latvia as members, they probably lose in terms of a security risk, because it's hard to imagine that Russia doesn't have a large number of spies there, plus access to sensitive information regarding communications and the like. 

Russia's "second capital" Petersburg is only 100 km from both Estonia and Finland's border. So, plain Russian bullshit.

So by your own admission now, you're realizing that Canada's proximity across the Arctic and the US's proximity across the Bering are completely minor in terms of being a direct threat to Russia. That's good.

What you're still trying to ignore is that Finland is still small potatoes compared to Ukraine in every way, period.

Russia CAN NOT accept Ukrainian NATO membership. Period. That would in effect be a total surrender to western ways. 

In decades Russia invaded and attacked its neighbors countless times while never threatened.

Holy fucking lack of awareness Batman, do you know how many countries the US has bombed in the last 30 years? How many of them "attacked America", or posed a legitimate threat? 

Anyways, Russia IS the reason for NATO you can see it and hear it and its patently clear now why it's an absolutely necessary arrangement for any of her neighbors who want to have peace and security. Think of living next door to a crazy and violent psycho wait wasn't it just in the news?

Russia WAS the reason for NATO. Their 50,000 tanks or whatever they used to have was a legitimate threat 50 years ago. They owned more than half of the tanks on the planet. Those are all junk now. Almost worthless. If you think that Russia is as much a threat to the US as China is right now that's a whole other level of stupidity.

Again, do you think that Russia is really a crazy and violent place compared to the US? 

The US interferes in every election in every country on earth. They are almost always bombing someone. They were doing bioweapons research right in Ukraine recently, if they've even stopped. 

You mean, poor Germans in 1940 with ugly scary Poles sharpening knives at their peaceful borders? No, you don't need those teary-imaginary stories. A psycho can not explain and justify his brutal acts with imaginary offenses that never happened. All what Russia is is what she does. And everyone who has eyes and a brain can see and understand now, what Russia is.

Again, you're just showing a rather psychotic side of yourself. 

Regardless how poorly Canadians and Americans treated FN people, how many countries the US bombed lately, how brutal the Russians were to their people in WWII, how brutal Mao was to his people, how brutal the Germans were in 1930-'45, eventually the dust from prior conflicts settles and the people occupying those countries have very real rights to protect themselves from further conflict. 

Of course you will never consider yourself an aggressor, almost no one ever does, but the effect of bringing Ukraine into NATO is an extreme act of aggression from Russia's POV. It's not psycho at all for Putin to completely understand the ramifications of NATO parking on your doorstep. It's psychotic for you to think that NATO is just peacefully conducting business and Russia is acting irrationally.

You don't have a brain right now, you have a propaganda sponge. 

I'd like you to think for a second, what would the US do if Canada was about to enter into an alliance with Russia, China, NoKo and Iran which had an Article 5 in its constitution...

Answer this question, would America allow that to happen? Would it be psycho for the US to invade Canada? Because I can fucking promise you that Hillary, Schiff, Trump, Bush, Obama, Fox News and CNN would all be in 100% agreement for the first time ever, and Canada would cease to exist as a sovereign state. Period. Game over. No second chance. 

Russia is doing something that you don't like. That's it. That's all you see. You see it from your POV and you completely lack the ability to think about what you'd do in their situation. You're also willing to look at all of Russia's past transgressions but ours are off-limits in this debate. FYI that's called hypocrisy, but when hypocrisy relates to a human's ability to care for themselves and their inability to empathize with others, it's called being a psycho. You're the exact person that you're accusing Putin of being. 

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

officially : "thus Is the pathway to the stars"

As said tested in training or against some petty dictators but never against a real serious adversary. Mean no offense but in respect and honesty: how do you know? how would you know?

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

What you're still trying

What are you still trying is peddling Russia's bullshit narrative that it can be somehow, even by a most impossible and remote stretch understood. But no, no: psychos don't get to pick and choose valid imaginary causes for their crimes. The crimes speak for themselves and no further causes needed and it's the act, the crimes that make psychos who they are. Russia is what Russia does. Russia is ruled by a regime of criminals and behaves as an international armed bandit, and that's no exaggeration. Dangerous bandits aren't negotiated with, their childhood nightmares aren't comforted it's pointless. It's pointless not in the least because psycho know what they are doing they chose it and they enjoy it and that's what make they psychos too. They are apprehended and isolated, behind triple bars and that's the only reasonable course of action here.

Edited by myata

44 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

2) You talked up America's proximity to Russia across the Bering, which I had to inform you was not a threat to Russia. 

3) You talked up Canada's proximity to Russia across the Arctic, which I had to inform you was not a threat to Russia. 

6) I had to explain to you that Putin is not a psycho just for wanting a buffer zone between NATO and Russia. Psychos are people who don't understand how to feel empathy. People like you, apparently, because I know how I'd fee if China, Russia, NoKo and Iran camped an allied army 500 miles away from the lower mainland of BC, with their sites all over us.  

7)As a matter of fact, what NATO gains by having Estonia and Latvia as members, they probably lose in terms of a security risk, because it's hard to imagine that Russia doesn't have a large number of spies there, plus access to sensitive information regarding communications and the like. 

? So by your own admission now, you're realizing that Canada's proximity across the Arctic and the US's proximity across the Bering are completely minor in terms of being a direct threat to Russia. That's good.

9)Russia CAN NOT accept Ukrainian NATO membership. Period. That would in effect be a total surrender to western ways. 

10)Russia WAS the reason for NATO. Their 50,000 tanks or whatever they used to have was a legitimate threat 50 years ago. They owned more than half of the tanks on the planet. Those are all junk now. Almost worthless. If you think that Russia is as much a threat to the US as China is right now that's a whole other level of stupidity.

Again, do you think that Russia is really a crazy and violent place compared to the US? 

The US interferes in every election in every country on earth. They are almost always bombing someone. They were doing bioweapons research right in Ukraine recently, if they've even stopped. 

Again, you're just showing a rather psychotic side of yourself. 

Regardless how poorly Canadians and Americans treated FN people, how many countries the US bombed lately, how brutal the Russians were to their people in WWII, how brutal Mao was to his people, how brutal the Germans were in 1930-'45, eventually the dust from prior conflicts settles and the people occupying those countries have very real rights to protect themselves from further conflict. 

Of course you will never consider yourself an aggressor, almost no one ever does, but the effect of bringing Ukraine into NATO is an extreme act of aggression from Russia's POV. It's not psycho at all for Putin to completely understand the ramifications of NATO parking on your doorstep. It's psychotic for you to think that NATO is just peacefully conducting business and Russia is acting irrationally.

Russia is doing something that you don't like. That's it. That's all you see. You see it from your POV and you completely lack the ability to think about what you'd do in their situation. You're also willing to look at all of Russia's past transgressions but ours are off-limits in this debate. FYI that's called hypocrisy, but when hypocrisy relates to a human's ability to care for themselves and their inability to empathize with others, it's called being a psycho. You're the exact person that you're accusing Putin of being. 

2. It has to be a threat to both sides as they have a large chunk of ground troops and air and naval resources tied up in its defense.  Let's not forget the Japanese did manage a successful attack in the Alaskan region. 

3. Canada is not a threat to anyone except herself. 

6. So now sovereignty of any nation does not count, what counts is how others make you feel. Or in this case how many nukes you have under your vest.

7. Russia leads the world in spy networks, no doubt, Russia will know exactly NATO troop strengths, equipment levels, where they are stored, every moment they make... and like Russia NATO will also know exactly the same, about Russian forces in the area, the 5 w's at all times. It is what ensures peace, and calm. In today's world, you can't move a car without someone knowing its direction of travel, speed and occupants

8.  I would not say it is going to be a major theater, but there will be a conflict there in event of a major conflict. Both nations, Russia and the US, have resources there, enough to at least be a concern for both sides.  

9. Things are changing in Ukraine every day, Direct conflict between NATO and Russia is not out of the question. everyday Russia is warning NATO about not sending certain types of weapons' such as MLRS, and LARS, and they have arrived and have been used effectively, it will only be a matter of time before someone crosses the line and up's the stakes. But that does not change the fact that Russia has no business in another nation's sovereignty, regardless of how she feels.    

10. I think that quantity will always prevail over quality every time, Korea, Vietnam, the Taliban, there is a lot more. even during the cold war that was the Soviet's strategy just to overrun them with sheer numbers.  Russia is the ground threat to Europe, China is a naval threat in the pacific.

I think we need to identify who is acting as the world's policemen, and acting in the best interest of the free world. Russia is acting in her own best interest which has not been threatened. Sure it may have more ground, air, Naval resources in the area, but today's weapons such as hypersonic missiles, it does very little to shorten timelines to impact, making conventional attacks almost impossible. 

Putin has really taken a huge risk here that is not paying off at all, his conventional forces have been a complete failure, and he has done nothing but emboldened NATO expansion, NATOs Bravado, and proven to the world these forces in Ukraine right now, are sub-par.

Just now, myata said:

As said tested in training or against some petty dictators but never against a real serious adversary. Mean no offense but in respect and honesty: how do you know? how would you know?

I mean no disrespect nor offence

but you are threatening to bring some sort of war to my doorstep

you have no idea who you are talking to

you don't know anything about war

bring whatever to my doorstep

I will make you regret in the first few seconds of the opening engagement

you will be screaming like a little girl and begging for mercy

and so would any Russian who dared mess with the likes of me

3 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

So now sovereignty of any nation does not count, what counts is how others make you feel. Or in this case how many nukes you have under your vest.

Of course that argument works perfectly in one case: one is a psycho. For a psycho, the problem is never in the reality but how they feel about it. Worked for Hitler, works for Putin and his ilk.

5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

and so would any Russian who dared mess with the likes of me

There's an easy answer to that and not from me, but the history. The longer and further you pull the line, the weaker it would make you and the more it emboldens the bully. In the end you may have to face them anyways. And only then you will know the true value of words.

Or you could have protected peaceful cities full of civilians now. Important to understand that this choice isn't Putin's. No, yours.

15 hours ago, myata said:

There's an easy answer to that and not from me, but the history. The longer and further you pull the line, the weaker it would make you and the more it emboldens the bully. In the end you may have to face them anyways. And only then you will know the true value of words.

Or you could have protected peaceful cities full of civilians now. Important to understand that this choice isn't Putin's. No, yours.

the only Russian threat to our cities is thermonuclear weapons

I am quite confident, that if they ever took it there

they would die in a thermonuclear firestorm too

bring it on

I fear no man, only God

I welcome the angel of death, for that is Christ himself

I served in the Cold War

we were prepared to use thermonuclear weapons

we were trained to fight on a nuclear battlefield

nobody was bluffing, the system was designed to prevent bluffing

the system was designed to launch the weapons by default as necessary

so if the Russians escalate to thermonuclear

then they will be committing national suicide

the Anglo-American nuclear deterrent is real, and it is vastly more capable

Edited by Dougie93

8 hours ago, myata said:

What are you still trying is peddling Russia's bullshit narrative that it can be somehow, even by a most impossible and remote stretch understood.

Now you're speaking generic bullshit instead of trying to address the points you got skewered on. It means that you post is mainly a concession speech, just with some more disinformation.

But no, no: psychos don't get to pick and choose valid imaginary causes for their crimes. 

You're way too far gone in the MSM narratives dude.

FYI even if Putin did interfere in the 2016 election in the US, that wouldn't make Putin a bad guy at all. The US influences elections all over the world. They can't possibly be mad when it happens to them. MSM vitriol aimed at Russia from 2016-2020 was all just MSM disinformation.

Barack Obama drone-striked civilians for 8 years. Dubya started a war on false pretences that caused over 1M excess deaths in Iraq. 1M. Do you know how many people died in Ukraine? Was it 1M?

And in case you forgot, you're the one who's completely incapable of empathizing with Russian who don't want NATO in their grilles, ie, a psycho. 

They are apprehended and isolated, behind triple bars and that's the only reasonable course of action here.

You need a good lawyer. 

8 hours ago, Army Guy said:

2. It has to be a threat to both sides as they have a large chunk of ground troops and air and naval resources tied up in its defense.  Let's not forget the Japanese did manage a successful attack in the Alaskan region. 

Troops in that area are mainly there to man distant early warning systems, AFBs, HAARP, and to maintain their claims to Arctic resources, etc. The number of troops there isn't nearly enough to have anything to do with aggression or territorial defence on the scale of a conventional war. 

And in the context of this thread, it's a comparison of the presence of NATO on Putin's doorstep in Ukraine vs the threat of NATO forces in western Alaska or Tuktoyakyuk. The difference between those threats is measured in orders of magnitude, but myata doesn't understand that. 

3. Canada is not a threat to anyone except herself. 

Too true.

6. So now sovereignty of any nation does not count, what counts is how others make you feel. Or in this case how many nukes you have under your vest.

I'm not sure what you meant by that, but my point is that Zelenski offered NATO a dagger at Russia's heart, Putin responded accordingly. It's a case of "fuck around and find out" and Zelenski found out. 

9. Things are changing in Ukraine every day, Direct conflict between NATO and Russia is not out of the question. everyday Russia is warning NATO about not sending certain types of weapons' such as MLRS, and LARS, and they have arrived and have been used effectively, it will only be a matter of time before someone crosses the line and up's the stakes. But that does not change the fact that Russia has no business in another nation's sovereignty, regardless of how she feels.    

Pretty scary to have a complete dunce like Biden running the show (or at least pretending to)  in the US at a time like this. 

10. I think that quantity will always prevail over quality every time, Korea, Vietnam, the Taliban, there is a lot more. even during the cold war that was the Soviet's strategy just to overrun them with sheer numbers.  Russia is the ground threat to Europe, China is a naval threat in the pacific.

I think we need to identify who is acting as the world's policemen, and acting in the best interest of the free world. Russia is acting in her own best interest which has not been threatened. Sure it may have more ground, air, Naval resources in the area, but today's weapons such as hypersonic missiles, it does very little to shorten timelines to impact, making conventional attacks almost impossible. 

Putin has really taken a huge risk here that is not paying off at all, his conventional forces have been a complete failure, and he has done nothing but emboldened NATO expansion, NATOs Bravado, and proven to the world these forces in Ukraine right now, are sub-par.

I don't really know what's happening there TBH. We get our news, they get theirs, and they're all lying all the time. 

It's obvious that Russia isn't going gangbusters, but they're also keeping Ukrainian civilian casualties extremely low. It's actually quite impressive when you consider the number of soldiers there. 

5 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

instead of trying to address the points you got skewered on.

All Russia's points are bullshit that's it. Period. There are no valid reasons for violent invasion of one's neighbor. There are no just causes to bomb, rob, rape shell civilians and kill. Only psycho, bullshit "reasons". Russia does it. Russia has been doing it always. Russia is what Russia does.

Dubya started a war on false pretences that caused over 1M excess deaths in Iraq. 1M. Do you know how many people died in Ukraine? Was it 1M?

Another example of bullshit psycho quasi-reasoning. We already been at it no point in going in circles and that's what Russia does always because it cannot face a direct and simple fact: there are no valid reasons for what it's doing and in a normal world, cannot be.

empathizing with Russian who don't want NATO in their grilles, ie, a psycho. 

And bullshit, again. The rule is not reciprocal. One is not obligated to emphasize with psycho's issues and phobias after he gunned down half of a mall. As said earlier, psychos are defined by what they do, not what's going on in their bizarre brains. Do you understand the difference: psychos blow up, maim and kill real people, in reality for no reason but some weird flux in their imagination? Or maybe you don't.

Russia pompously declared that powerful Western missile systems given to Ukraine "have been destroyed" just as more of their ammo depots and command centers were blown today to Russian paradise (in the human language, the h-word). What a pathetic bombastic place with not a grain of dignity or truth left. Take heed Canada - the mindless blissful ride will not last forever. If there cannot be intelligent evolution, there will be a hard stop.