Canadian Anti-Hate Network

On 7/2/2022 at 5:19 AM, Michael Hardner said:

There's no radicalism about supporting equal rights.  It's a done deal.

Supporting equal rights should have been the final objective, what consenting adults do in their own bedrooms is no one else's business, but for some reason the LGBTQ crowd wants to propagandize children now. 

I can understand the message of "it's ok to feel whatever it is that you're feeling right now, just be open minded about yourself and others, see where it goes", but the message seems to be "if you have the slightest doubt about your sexuality then you're definitely gay and you must act on it NOW, while you're still in grade 3! Try not to be a cis-gender devil!"

Very few conservatives are at that point, and not all leftists, but the wingnut crowd is taking up a lot of the oxygen in the room right now. 

Check out Senata Skank: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10988763/Democrat-Rhode-Island-state-senator-28-DEFENDS-video-twerking-upside-down.html She even brags about talking specifics to school children about sexuality. 

She doesn't realize that as a US senator her actions represent a whole country, in no small way. The bar for young women just keeps getting lower and lower. Dumpster sex in grade 3 will be normal soon if we keep going at this rate.

6 hours ago, blackbird said:

Therefore God did inspire every word and every book of the Bible

Except for the ones thrown out by the Nicean council under Charlemagne. Perhaps God ordained him to decide which gospels were true, and which are actually the works of Beelzebub.

On 7/2/2022 at 8:19 AM, Michael Hardner said:

There's no radicalism about supporting equal rights.  It's a done deal.

Quite sure most people “support” the idea of equality in principle, regardless of their political affiliation. The division is in HOW we do that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Nicean council under Charlemagne.

Constantine

one of the most significant gospels thrown out was the Book of Enoch

it was the most popular with the masses

it is the gospel where the story of the Devil comes from

the Devil was called Samyaza

he was the leader of a group of Angels called the Watchers

Samyaza and the Watchers rebel against God, by mating with human females

this is the actual "War in Heaven"

the modern view of who the Devil is, actually comes from John Milton's fan fiction story

14 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Perhaps God ordained him to decide which gospels were true, and which are actually the works of Beelzebub.

surely Constantine could see the contradictions in the gospels

for example, the writers record what Jesus saw while on the cross ?

how could they possibly know what Jesus Christ saw ?

27 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

you are obviously misinterpreting the verses you quoted

which support Dougie's position and not yours

Christianity obviously predates the Bible

there were Christians long before Constantine canonized the New Testament

the early Christians had access to many more Gospels

and there were more sects of Christians, Ebionites, Marcianites & Gnostics

the whole  point of Nicaea was not to serve God per se

the point of the New Testament was to unite the Roman Empire under Constantine's rule

Edited by Dougie93
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Christianity actually predates the Bible

they made out just fine without the King James version of the Bible, who knew?

not Blackbird apparently, he views the Bible like Muslims view the Koran

Edited by Yzermandius19

3 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

they made out just fine without the King James version of the Bible, who knew?

not Blackbird apparently, he views the Bible like Muslims view the Koran

it's not even that they chose the four Gospels at Nicaea

those were already established as the history of Jesus Christ

what the Roman's did however, was suppress all the other Gospels

12 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Perhaps you could explain how I misinterpreted the verses I quoted.  I am sorry to say I don't think you know what you are talking about.  You and Dougie are totally way off base..

Sorry but you guys are way out of your league.  Maybe come on here with a more humble attitude willing to receive information and learn something instead of just throwing out nonsense.  That would serve you better.  Just trying to win brownie points on a forum by speaking nonsense won't cut it for anyone who knows the truth.   

The King James Bible was or is a translation for the English speaking people produced in the UK in 1611 for the obvious reason that nobody spoke Greek and Hebrew and nobody has the Greek and Hebrew manuscripts.  So a good English translation was needed for the people.  The KJV was based on the Received Text, the best manuscripts available which have proven to be accurate.   It has been used by hundreds of millions of people around the world in the last 400 years.

12 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Christianity obviously predates the Bible

the whole  point of Nicaea was not to serve God per se

the point of the New Testament was to unite the Roman Empire under Constantine's rule

A prime example of a complete lack of knowledge of Christianity and the Bible.  Likely never even read much of the Bible.  Talking complete nonsense.

1. Christianity started on the day of Penticost.  Read the book of Acts.

2. There were early Christians of course before Constantine legalized Christianity in 312 A.D.   He had nothing to do with "canonizing" the New Testament.   The New Testament was written in the first 100 years after Christ was crucified and rose from the dead.

3.  The acceptance of the New Testament was a process of recognizing it was inspired over a period of a few hundred years.  Other "gospels" or writing that are not in the N.T. were not accepted as legitimate inspired Holy Scriptures and that is why they were not included.

4.  The point of the N.T. was God communicating to mankind the gospel of Jesus Christ.   Nothing to do with uniting the Roman Empire.  

Edited by blackbird

7 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

I can interpret the New Testament any way I please

no man nor office between me and the almighty

as I do not subscribe to popery of any sort

Freedom means humanity is free to achieve what one can with one’s talents based on real market demand.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

Freedom means humanity is free to achieve what one can with one’s talents based on real market demand.  

my belief is not based on the book

I have nothing against the book, it's here right beside me

but it's the man the book is about that I worship

that Roman Judean man, from Nazareth

the Fisherman

because He has always saved me

I've prayed to Jesus of Nazareth many times

and I got everything I ever prayed for

I ran to a Red Sea of my very own, and prayed for a miracle

and He came through for me,  every single time

I have followed him, all my life, before I even knew that I believed

that sacred individual who gave all for mankind

and I have led a prosperous and happy life therein

it's not about the words, it's about the results

hence why I am a Marcianite

Saul becomes Paul on the road to Damascus

not because he reads the book, because he saw the light

it's all about divine intervention to me

not metaphor, real world effects in real time

God works in mysterious ways, it's not an instruction manual

On 7/6/2022 at 8:12 PM, Yzermandius19 said:

He claimed that Jesus is not God.   I don't think he understands the basic teachings of the Bible.  But then I don't know what you believe.  You have never said.

If that person says that Jesus was not God, then that’s heresy, and heretics speak heresies, and they must be silenced, at least in the church, so unless someone questions the divinity of Christ, the sinless-ness of Jesus, or His being our Lord and Savior, we can’t call someone a heretic for things that are not critical to our salvation.   unquote

What Is A Heretic? Are There Heretics In The Church? (whatchristianswanttoknow.com)

What do you believe?  Do you know the basics of Christianity or what it means?

On 7/6/2022 at 11:24 AM, Dougie93 said:

because God is not in a book

He is omnipresent

I don't need you to tell me how to follow Jesus of Nazareth

I know more about Him than you do

You did say earlier that Jesus is not God.  Do you realize that is considered heresy by orthodox Christianity?  You can't make up your own theology.  That's why we have the Bible.  

What Is A Heretic? Are There Heretics In The Church? (whatchristianswanttoknow.com)

On 7/7/2022 at 5:39 PM, Zeitgeist said:

Yes, there are many millionaires and billionaires who believe in the freedom of the market, but that has nothing to do with truth (biblical) and error, and nothing to do with salvation or damnation.  There is only one truth which God gave man in the form of the Bible (KJV).  This is a source of absolute truth and it's importance to every individual cannot be overstated.  Those who mock it or invent their own religion or own truth, well,  what can one say.  God is the judge.

16 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

you know, even God himself was an atheist for a moment

while on the cross, Jesus says "my God, my God, why have you forsaken me ?"

that is God doubting the existence of God

Atheist Christ

paradox

It does not say he was doubting the existence of God.  He said "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"  Matthew 27:46  Forsaken does not mean he was doubting the existence of God.

“And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?” (Matthew 27:46, KJV). This cry is a fulfillment of Psalm 22:1, one of many parallels between that psalm and the specific events of the crucifixion. It is difficult to understand in what sense Jesus was “forsaken” by God. It is certain that God approved His work. It is certain that Jesus was innocent. He had done nothing to forfeit the favor of God. As God’s own Son—holy, harmless, undefiled, and obedient—God still loved Him. In none of these senses could God have forsaken Him.

The prophet Isaiah says this about the Messiah: “Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed” (Isaiah 53:4–5). Jesus redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us (Galatians 3:13). He was made a sin-offering, and He died in our place, on our account, that He might bring us near to God. It was this, doubtless, that intensified His sufferings and part of why Jesus said, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” It was the manifestation of God’s hatred of sin, in some unexplained way, that Jesus experienced in that terrible hour. The suffering He endured was due to us, and it is that suffering by which we can be saved from eternal death.

In those awful moments, as evil men were allowed to do whatever they wanted to Jesus, our Lord expressed His feelings of abandonment. God placed the sins of the world on His Son, and Jesus for a time felt the desolation of being unconscious of His Father’s presence. It was at this time that “God made Him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God” (2 Corinthians 5:21).

There is another possible reason for Jesus to cry out, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” It could be that Jesus’ intent in quoting Psalm 22:1 was to point His hearers to that psalm. When they read Psalm 22, they would no doubt see the many fulfilled prophecies included in that song of David. Even while experiencing the agony of the cross, Jesus was teaching the crowds and proving yet again that He was the Messiah who fulfilled the Scriptures.    Unquote

Why did Jesus say, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” | GotQuestions.org

That website usually has good explanations.

35 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Yes, there are many millionaires and billionaires who believe in the freedom of the market, but that has nothing to do with truth (biblical) and error, and nothing to do with salvation or damnation.  There is only one truth which God gave man in the form of the Bible (KJV).  This is a source of absolute truth and it's importance to every individual cannot be overstated.  Those who mock it or invent their own religion or own truth, well,  what can one say.  God is the judge.

You make it sound like there’s perfect agreement and clarity over what the Bible says humanity must do.  There are certainly indisputable kernels, but there are conflicting views.  Sometimes obeying one commandment can seem like disobeying another one.  Free will is fundamental, however, because without it people are essentially programmed robots without choice or agency.  Much of the Bible is stories about enslavement and liberation. Following the commandments is the key to entering the promised land, but as we see with the Pharisees, one can follow commandments and still lack love or understanding of the spirit of the law, as Jesus reminds us. When governments try to play the role of God, telling us how to think and live, stripping us of rights, and banishing freedom of thought, speech, religion, etc., well that’s the story of the Tower of Babel.  We saw this in the Soviet Union and still see it in places like North Korea and China.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

On 7/4/2022 at 4:43 PM, Dougie93 said:

Saul becomes Paul in AD 37

Mathew is not written until at least AD 70

how did Paul know God without the New Testament which you say is required ?

God spoke to the Apostles and Prophets.  Once the Bible was completed there was no more men who could legitimately claim to receive God's words.  The Bible verifies that and warns against anyone adding to or taking away from the words of the Bible.  There were only one set of Apostles.  After they passed away, no more genuine Apostles existed.