If Trump is convicted of treason, should the Supreme court members he put in place be removed?...

If Trump is found 'guilty' for Treasoon, should his appoitees to the Supreme Court be removed (and unable to overturn)?  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:
On 6/30/2022 at 1:37 PM, ExFlyer said:

I don't think Biden will run again

Does it matter.

Dems don't seem to care that Trump is no longer being President. Pelosi and Shifty sure seem to be desperate to nail him for something. They're like Boris and Natasha going after Moose and Squirrel.

And that's inspired the other side to consider doing to Biden what Dems with their RINO toadies are trying so hard to do to Trump. 

Ask Jon Voight.

Ask MTG

“I’m in complete agreement and I’ve introduced 4 articles of impeachment of Joe Biden.”

#ImpeachBiden

And you are a fraud merely promoting Trujmp without any actual concern for intellectual debate. If you maintain your beiiefs with such PRIDE in your God, Trump, then you are expressing a RELIGIOUS belief only, not a rational one. And if you cannot tell the difference, you are absurdly stupid, something I doubt. I believe you are intentionally promoting a fascist faith in dictatorial deviants and the fact that you HAVE to be anonymous is proof of your own hypocritical guilt in the same kind of bigotry as Trump and other fascists. 

1 hour ago, Scott Mayers said:

Trump literally believes IN lying as it correlates with his exterme belieif in absolute 'right' to EXPLOIT any means to gain a profit regardless of any actual moral conduct. I don't know anyone even on the "left" who asserts Biden, as the present contrasting representative in power now is remotely as though he is some God that Trump is given by the cult of irrational fandom granted to him. 

Pure nonsense. As if presidents do not and should not lie.

What do you prefer to call "moral"? From a US president, I mean. I prefer a president who is able to avoid war and avoid killing as much as possible. Note that final part, as much as possible.

Better an economic war than nuclear war. And that is what we are heading for under the current administration, because they take a hardline stance against Russia. Under Trump there was an effort to find some common understanding. And the same with the way he handled the Korean peninsula.

Sorry that he upset your feelings though, with his harsh words. Sorry if he doesn't come across like some professional politician, the kind who knows how to say all flowery things to make you people feel good about yourselves. Then behind the scenes they do things like child internment camps (Obummer... your hero perhaps? Certain a hero of the liberal left, that's for sure.

Now you got Uncle Joe, you got Russia gone insane, you got little Rocket Man doing his thing in NK. You got defund the police... crime levels breaking records, drugs from China, suicide breaking records.

Suck it up, ye buttercups.

16 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Pure nonsense. As if presidents do not and should not lie.

What do you prefer to call "moral"? From a US president, I mean. I prefer a president who is able to avoid war and avoid killing as much as possible. Note that final part, as much as possible.

Better an economic war than nuclear war. And that is what we are heading for under the current administration, because they take a hardline stance against Russia. Under Trump there was an effort to find some common understanding. And the same with the way he handled the Korean peninsula.

Sorry that he upset your feelings though, with his harsh words. Sorry if he doesn't come across like some professional politician, the kind who knows how to say all flowery things to make you people feel good about yourselves. Then behind the scenes they do things like child internment camps (Obummer... your hero perhaps? Certain a hero of the liberal left, that's for sure.

Now you got Uncle Joe, you got Russia gone insane, you got little Rocket Man doing his thing in NK. You got defund the police... crime levels breaking records, drugs from China, suicide breaking records.

Suck it up, ye buttercups.

The strength that Trump had was to his dictatorial power that he learned from business. He treated the country as though it were his PRIVATE company. While this WORKS to get things promised done, it RISKS the inevitable collapse of power of a 'democracy'. He is also an indierct contributing cause to the war in Ukraine in promoting the effectiveness of getting away with fruadulent behavior. 

Note that your 'side' believes IN creating wars in principle because it is GOOD for SELF-ISH monetary interests; While Biden may not be any better with his own 'conservative' exploitation of capitalizing on others to get wealthy, the Left is in general not confined to CONSERVING the present power of wealth with strict permanence the particular wealthy owning class , but INCLUDES those who are poor, dienfrancized, and HELPS to foster diverse backgrounds of people precisely because wealth begets wealth and all have a tendency to pass it on SELECTIVELY to ONLY those they LOVE while passing on the DEBT to the whold of society.

Your side favors intrinsically in exploiting deceptive practices that are used to TRICK people. So HOW can we trust the very extremes like Trump who both represents a PRIVILEGED spoiled brat who learned how to use his ACCIDENTAL 'worth' to STEAL. Why trust those who believe in LYING. 

While it is right to question those on the Left for the same, the tendency of ANY PARTICULAR Identity ruling there still makes it the LESSOR of TWO EVILS. So shut up about redirecting your hate to Biden because those of us who ALSO have strong skepticism (one of those reasons why I'man ardent athiest, for instance), KNOW not to trust, recognize that ALL political powers will exploit in some form or other ...BUT are weaker to grant ABSOLUTE POWER to SPECIFIC people or their particular POPULARITY. Popularity belongs to art and culture. Your blind faith in a literal person AS THOUGH SOME SUPERIOR God, is ONLY for SPECIFIC contempory people who default to being like those extremes you hate on the left. 

Trump is getting away with what most normal unwealthy people are imprisoned or permanently LOCKED out of to economic success. He can AFFORD to fail many times which enabled him to become what he is. In contrast, most average persons, and moreso those with a gradually worsening level of poverty, can hare their lives and reputations destroyed by the simplest of mistakes; And just as often, those 'mistakes' themselves are only those DEFINED by the powerful intended to exclude competition from the bottom end (which contains the base of the wealth pyramid. THIS is why you guys hate democracy (and thus 'democrats'); you hate the poor. [See how I am not pointing to this as a 'racialized' issue?]

Others supporting Trump FROM within the party are doing so for the same reason I asserted before: he is so unbelievably stereotypically insane in his claim for taking  credit that the party is opting to also EXPLOIT his 'heroworshipping' morons who defend him. If any abuses occur, they can just assert that they themselves had no role in his PERSONAL behavior, had their hands tied, or some other 'safe' excuse. 

You support those like Trump, then you support the right of all dictatorships for whatever they do ARBITRARILY. While you may attempt to foster favoristism to extreme religious convictions, this too leads to favoring the extremes such as the terrorists anywhere who also believe in some strict religious excuse to maintain chaos. 

Your fights to save his reputation and power are also creating FALSE pretenses of more popularty where not REQUIRES existing. Pink Floyd's "The Wall", uses an analogy of the horo worship of the accidental/coincidental power of the favorite band leaders [Pink is a fictional 'hero) who learns that they can piss on their literal fans who support them and oddly EMPOWER their heroworship more and more by more and more extremists among them. That form of social psychology is also an intentional manipulative tool being used by Trump. 

Trump is NOT a trivial entertainer though. While 'culture' is the place for such fandom, his MONO-cultural personality extreme is what fosters its counterattack by the complementary whole of all other MULTIPLE cultures shareing similar views. The very fact that one CAN insult particular views on the Left without everyone disagreeing nor ganging up on EACH OTHER demonstrates why the progressive left is more generic. In contrast, anyone DARING to insult Trump, DARING to call him out as a liar, DARING to defend his heroworshipping fans REGARDLESS OF HIS BEHAVIOR (good or bad) makes Trump a very dangerous choice......including his own 'fans' who PROP him up on his pedestal. He doesn't like you freaky fans any more than his ranting tirades against his opponents. 

Contiuning to DENY overt and obvious SHARED evidence is also more proof of his danger: The act of overt lying in the the direct unequivical evidence of the opposite is "gaslighting", the WORST form of abusive character. "Gaslighting" would be like me telling you here and now that I never posted anything on this site. And it rightfully pisses off those who do so with such audacity. So the counter-hate against him is EARNED and he can't complain given he BELIEVES in it for his own intrinsic meaningful existence. 

So regardless of almost ANY weaknesses that you can point out to of those on the Left, this Rightwing support of such an absurdly EXTREME character as Trump is, assures us that he cannot nor should not ever be trusted in power.

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

Intelligence? Seems more like a memory problem. Someone has a conveniently bad memory...

And what are you referring to with this statement.

Memory is not intelligence (even though it can add power to its effectiveness), ....especially if the loigc being used is flawed. One can have a great memory but lack an ability to address meaning. One can be very 'intellectual' even if they lack memory. Henry Ford argued that 'history' is unnecessary to memorize if one can nevertheless get the reference to what one needs. (using a 'hero' you might admire.) 

If this is a comment about me, specify so that I can address it. 

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Intelligence? Seems more like a memory problem. Someone has a conveniently bad memory...

I know.

I had to laugh...or at least snicker.

His whole thread here is a troll. And then he wants to whine and whimper because he gets counter-trolled.

"What happens if Trump get charged for Treason" he trolls.

And I can't help noticing the midterms are coming up with the Dems looking to lose the House so "What happens if it's Biden that gets impeached?' I ask.

To which he responds with the well-known Prog response once caught in their own BS of "Wahhhh!"

And I can only chuckle.

Edited by Infidel Dog
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Scott Mayers said:

The strength that Trump had was to his dictatorial power that he learned from business. He treated the country as though it were his PRIVATE company. While this WORKS to get things promised done, it RISKS the inevitable collapse of power of a 'democracy'. He is also an indierct contributing cause to the war in Ukraine in promoting the effectiveness of getting away with fruadulent behavior. 

Note that your 'side' believes IN creating wars in principle because it is GOOD for SELF-ISH monetary interests; While Biden may not be any better with his own 'conservative' exploitation of capitalizing on others to get wealthy, the Left is in general not confined to CONSERVING the present power of wealth with strict permanence the particular wealthy owning class , but INCLUDES those who are poor, dienfrancized, and HELPS to foster diverse backgrounds of people precisely because wealth begets wealth and all have a tendency to pass it on SELECTIVELY to ONLY those they LOVE while passing on the DEBT to the whold of society.

Your side favors intrinsically in exploiting deceptive practices that are used to TRICK people. So HOW can we trust the very extremes like Trump who both represents a PRIVILEGED spoiled brat who learned how to use his ACCIDENTAL 'worth' to STEAL. Why trust those who believe in LYING. 

While it is right to question those on the Left for the same, the tendency of ANY PARTICULAR Identity ruling there still makes it the LESSOR of TWO EVILS. So shut up about redirecting your hate to Biden because those of us who ALSO have strong skepticism (one of those reasons why I'man ardent athiest, for instance), KNOW not to trust, recognize that ALL political powers will exploit in some form or other ...BUT are weaker to grant ABSOLUTE POWER to SPECIFIC people or their particular POPULARITY. Popularity belongs to art and culture. Your blind faith in a literal person AS THOUGH SOME SUPERIOR God, is ONLY for SPECIFIC contempory people who default to being like those extremes you hate on the left. 

Trump is getting away with what most normal unwealthy people are imprisoned or permanently LOCKED out of to economic success. He can AFFORD to fail many times which enabled him to become what he is. In contrast, most average persons, and moreso those with a gradually worsening level of poverty, can hare their lives and reputations destroyed by the simplest of mistakes; And just as often, those 'mistakes' themselves are only those DEFINED by the powerful intended to exclude competition from the bottom end (which contains the base of the wealth pyramid. THIS is why you guys hate democracy (and thus 'democrats'); you hate the poor. [See how I am not pointing to this as a 'racialized' issue?]

Others supporting Trump FROM within the party are doing so for the same reason I asserted before: he is so unbelievably stereotypically insane in his claim for taking  credit that the party is opting to also EXPLOIT his 'heroworshipping' morons who defend him. If any abuses occur, they can just assert that they themselves had no role in his PERSONAL behavior, had their hands tied, or some other 'safe' excuse. 

You support those like Trump, then you support the right of all dictatorships for whatever they do ARBITRARILY. While you may attempt to foster favoristism to extreme religious convictions, this too leads to favoring the extremes such as the terrorists anywhere who also believe in some strict religious excuse to maintain chaos. 

Your fights to save his reputation and power are also creating FALSE pretenses of more popularty where not REQUIRES existing. Pink Floyd's "The Wall", uses an analogy of the horo worship of the accidental/coincidental power of the favorite band leaders [Pink is a fictional 'hero) who learns that they can piss on their literal fans who support them and oddly EMPOWER their heroworship more and more by more and more extremists among them. That form of social psychology is also an intentional manipulative tool being used by Trump. 

Trump is NOT a trivial entertainer though. While 'culture' is the place for such fandom, his MONO-cultural personality extreme is what fosters its counterattack by the complementary whole of all other MULTIPLE cultures shareing similar views. The very fact that one CAN insult particular views on the Left without everyone disagreeing nor ganging up on EACH OTHER demonstrates why the progressive left is more generic. In contrast, anyone DARING to insult Trump, DARING to call him out as a liar, DARING to defend his heroworshipping fans REGARDLESS OF HIS BEHAVIOR (good or bad) makes Trump a very dangerous choice......including his own 'fans' who PROP him up on his pedestal. He doesn't like you freaky fans any more than his ranting tirades against his opponents. 

Contiuning to DENY overt and obvious SHARED evidence is also more proof of his danger: The act of overt lying in the the direct unequivical evidence of the opposite is "gaslighting", the WORST form of abusive character. "Gaslighting" would be like me telling you here and now that I never posted anything on this site. And it rightfully pisses off those who do so with such audacity. So the counter-hate against him is EARNED and he can't complain given he BELIEVES in it for his own intrinsic meaningful existence. 

So regardless of almost ANY weaknesses that you can point out to of those on the Left, this Rightwing support of such an absurdly EXTREME character as Trump is, assures us that he cannot nor should not ever be trusted in power.

What a whole lotta hooey and conjecture. You seem obsessed with Trump. He was just another president and actually did well in some areas, which many people approve of. Dismissing and demonizing those people is your undoing.

It is not as though the "Left" cares about the plight of the poor while the right doesn't. That is crude and naive. Each side sees the problem, but their approach to solving it is quite different. Do I like seeing children separated from their families and thrown in detention while waiting for their immigration hearing? That occurred under Obama, Trump and Biden.

But if I were American, would I like seeing a flood of people entering the country illegally, on foot and in truck trailers, these people knowing full well they will be protected upon their arrival. Yeah, I heard they caught some Al Qaeda coming in there. So much for Democrats theories.

They lied so much, it screwed people's heads up. Those who believed and had faith in the system and its sanctioned media outlets had another thing coming. That's why you don't even know history.

But it's not your fault. You are simply the product of a perverse modern civilization.

4 hours ago, Scott Mayers said:

And what are you referring to with this statement.

Memory is not intelligence (even though it can add power to its effectiveness), ....especially if the loigc being used is flawed. One can have a great memory but lack an ability to address meaning. One can be very 'intellectual' even if they lack memory. Henry Ford argued that 'history' is unnecessary to memorize if one can nevertheless get the reference to what one needs. (using a 'hero' you might admire.) 

If this is a comment about me, specify so that I can address it. 

I don;t give a hootin who Ford is. His grand experiment resulted in failure, long term. His engine needs to be replaced. But, he had a pretty good run.

We judge men differently now than the way they were judged in the past. Morality is temporal.

That is why, anyone who argues history is unnecessary is a goddam fool in my opinion, and my sworn enemy.

Yes, this could be about you... ask yourself... if the shoe fits.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Scott Mayers said:

And you are a fraud merely promoting Trujmp without any actual concern for intellectual debate. If you maintain your beiiefs with such PRIDE in your God, Trump, then you are expressing a RELIGIOUS belief only, not a rational one. And if you cannot tell the difference, you are absurdly stupid, something I doubt. I believe you are intentionally promoting a fascist faith in dictatorial deviants and the fact that you HAVE to be anonymous is proof of your own hypocritical guilt in the same kind of bigotry as Trump and other fascists. 

What the F are you babbling about??

37 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I LIKED it, but this part is weird to me.  What social change or innovation HASN'T failed, if Ford's did?

It's just an extension of my consistent message that is criticism of technology.

I am a luddite.

Sorry but the argument in the OP completely falls apart under even just minimal scrutiny.

It implies that since Don Trump is convicted of teeson, his appoitees are also guilty.

Ok, so then those senators who voted for them, who voted these traitors into the supreme court, would also be guilty by extenshun. One can see how this rapidly descends to Stalinism. Bring on the purges, comrade.

Sad to inform.

;)

• Like 1

Identity politics are dividing the country to the point of no return, and BTW, anyone with the illusion that the two-party system stands for different things is completely deluded. The rhetoric may be different, but the results are the same:  They’re both pro-oligarchy. They both consistently favor big pharma, big tech, big banks, the military-industrial complex, etc., and both are squeezing the little guy to the max.  Both are ineffective in affecting change and full of excuses and blame-shifting.

The power Trump has is that he speaks to the masses that feel ignored by the left and its out-of-touch priorities. Most could care less about the woke agenda when they can’t stretch their paychecks till the end of the month and have to incur in debt just to make ends meet. 

Both Biden and Trump suck for different reasons.  However, they’re similar in that both are leaders from the crypt in an evident state of mental decline and should be in a retirement home. In addition, both are corrupt to the core.

There is one thing where I think Trump wins (is way worse) and that is that he single-handedly managed to lower the level of discourse and disguise it as freedom of speech.  I wish the USA well, because if their last two presidents are any indication of the future of that country on the global stage - irrelevancy is the name of the game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2022 at 10:03 PM, OftenWrong said:

I don;t give a hootin who Ford is. His grand experiment resulted in failure, long term. His engine needs to be replaced. But, he had a pretty good run.

We judge men differently now than the way they were judged in the past. Morality is temporal.

That is why, anyone who argues history is unnecessary is a goddam fool in my opinion, and my sworn enemy.

Yes, this could be about you... ask yourself... if the shoe fits.

You missed the point. I wasn't arguing in favor of a dismissal of history but to the point about one's capacity to utilize external resources rather than requiring to memorize contingent data that is itself relatively less certain than one's capacity to use reason. Ford was being challenged for his lack of historical dates and figures in U.S. history in court as a faulty means to discredit his LOGICAL capcity to reason. They were trying to make him out to be "incompetent" intellectually when ones' capacity to be intellectual is not about one's capacity to memorize arbitrary data. 

Computer analogy: Memory is separate from the CPU. The CPU is the intellectual mechanism that acts as the logical 'intelligence', not the quantity of memory in RAM that you have. While having more memory capacity can ease the burden of solving problems, such as making one able to solve a problem quicker, it means absolutely nothing if the "intelligence" represented by the CPU is poor or non-existent. 

Memory is the data, not the process of thought, contrary to the massive majority of people's stupidity in thinking that those who have incredible memory (like those with great memory skills demonstrated on "Jeapordy") are somehow 'geniuses' !! Those with great memory capacity are not required to be the least intelligent. They just need to be able to respond to stimulii. Such skills in memory are called 'trivia' because they are trivial in meaning other than as 'data'. 

On 6/28/2022 at 1:13 AM, Scott Mayers said:

Given Trump alone selected the justices that turned against the vast majority regardless of the will of the public,

...if he were to be found guilty in a tribunal jury made up of the people (as a vote), should his significant actions that potentially lead to the a conviction of the crime be removed?

That is, since Trump intentionally set up the court to intentionally enable his insurrection NOT be convicted, is not his treason enough to relieve those justices?

Obviously, I am for this but though this might be a distinct 'philosophical' thread for those questioning this.. What do you think?

Trump only submitted people to be considered to be members of the supreme court.  It was congress who approved those nominations.  So ultimately the fault lies with congress.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/19/2022 at 5:53 PM, cultsmash said:

Trump only submitted people to be considered to be members of the supreme court.  It was congress who approved those nominations.  So ultimately the fault lies with congress.

"Congress" is BOTH the Senate and the House of Representatives. But for the nominee by the President, only the Senate, which consisted of majority of the Republicans, had the power. Your choice to use the term, "congress" is thus intended rhetoric to hide this major signficance. 

On 6/27/2022 at 11:13 PM, Scott Mayers said:

That is, since Trump intentionally set up the court to intentionally enable his insurrection NOT be convicted, is not his treason enough to relieve those justices?

Why would their impeachment depend on Trump’s guilt?

Also, which court do you imagine would get the final ruling on any conviction of Trump?

12 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Scotty...Scotty...Scotty...

Your TDS is showing.

Should a Republican be elected in 2024, would you be OK with whomever that might be...dismissing all the Liberal judges from the SCOTUS?

And your obsessive love of mono-authoritarianism that Trump represents shines through. [...which is just an excuse for those like you to prop up his power knowing that he'd take the blame. My concern against Trump is just as much based upon the cowards supporting him knowing they can lose direct accountability where he would take the fall.]

As to what I think regarding such 'supreme' courts, I question HOW even SCOTUS members are affected by political influence and question how they can even BE nominated by ANY President. I also question the function of 'senates' as they tend to significantly represent owners interest rather than their region respecting ALL people. 

So your assumptions about me are not called for. 

15 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Why would their impeachment depend on Trump’s guilt?

Also, which court do you imagine would get the final ruling on any conviction of Trump?

See my response to Nationalist on what I even think about the court. I think that such judgements be up to the people regardless of background. Individual leaders nor 'senates' should have a say. But as to the representatives, they should only be permitted power of such charge where a larger than mere majority put them in place. So for the Americans, I'd prefer to see a vote about Trump by the pulblic directly. 

11 minutes ago, Scott Mayers said:

See my response to Nationalist on what I even think about the court. I think that such judgements be up to the people regardless of background. Individual leaders nor 'senates' should have a say. But as to the representatives, they should only be permitted power of such charge where a larger than mere majority put them in place. So for the Americans, I'd prefer to see a vote about Trump by the pulblic directly. 

This is a fantasy. It’s not how the system works.  I guess if you’re ignoring American law, their constitution and their government, then anything can happen. 

5 hours ago, Scott Mayers said:

And your obsessive love of mono-authoritarianism that Trump represents shines through. [...which is just an excuse for those like you to prop up his power knowing that he'd take the blame. My concern against Trump is just as much based upon the cowards supporting him knowing they can lose direct accountability where he would take the fall.]

As to what I think regarding such 'supreme' courts, I question HOW even SCOTUS members are affected by political influence and question how they can even BE nominated by ANY President. I also question the function of 'senates' as they tend to significantly represent owners interest rather than their region respecting ALL people. 

So your assumptions about me are not called for. 

I love authoritarianism? How do you figure? Oh wait...I get it. You're engaging in projection. It is you calling for the removal of SCOTUS judges.

I would ask you...do you think the protests and attempted (albeit in limp Tweenkie style) murder of a judge, has all been justified?

Edited by Nationalist

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

I love authoritarianism? How do you figure? Oh wait...I get it. You're engaging in projection. It is you calling for the removal of SCOTUS judges.

I would ask you...do you think the protests and attempted (albeit in limp Tweenkie style) murder of a judge, has all been justified?

"Removal" of the judges to me is not killing them!! It is retracting of their position as judges. And I in particular am arguing this removal based upon the nature of their nomination by a poisoned authority. That is, IF Donald Trump is proven criminal by any standards, I am suggesting the removals given his choice to select them where his capacity to 'select' in the interest of the people is proven to be suspect. The timing of the last one to his realization of losing his Presidency is severely suspect given the domination of the court by his own selection can skew how they might interpret any appeal of his for ANY future convictions. That would make him above the law IN PRINCIPLE! And THAT is what you are supporting. Call it what you will. I assert that you are supporting authoritarianism based upon your support of his Presidency regardless of the fact that his acts are indifferent to acting as a sovereign dictator, like a King. 

I don't support any violent acts against the judges I question. It is not their 'fault' to BE nominated and their coinciding favor to BE political would have to be a separate issue.