Federal government and BC NDP signed an agreement handing over a large tract of land to FN Lake Babine Band

11 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Nothing happened that I was aware of or approved of or had any part of.  Lots of my tax dollars have gone to support FNs but I don't complain about that.  I just think there has to be a limit and your NDP, Liberal friends are not rational or reasonable about the subject.

Right this did not impact, or interest you, so you personally, hold no responsibility.  In the same vein, what happens between FNs and the Canadian government has no impact on you, personally, so why are you saying anything about it.

4 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Right this did not impact, or interest you, so you personally, hold no responsibility.  In the same vein, what happens between FNs and the Canadian government has no impact on you, personally, so why are you saying anything about it.

It might have an impact on me if the federal Liberal and Provincial NDP governments are giving large areas of land to FNs as part of their vision of "reconciliation".  It might impact a lot of people in the area who have lived there for all their life and their ancestors also lived there.  Also that handover of large tracts of crown land might be repeated closer to where I live and could have an impact of me and my relatives.  Everything government does sets precedents that can be repeated elsewhere. So yes, I think it is a reasonable concern.  All Canadians should be interested and involved in what is happening in their country at the present time whether it is next door to their town or a thousand kilometres away.

Edited by blackbird

34 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Immigration is just life.  Nobody has sole claim to the land. God created it for everyone.  You just need to learn there are finer details of how everything must work.  Everyone has a right to life, and to the fruits of their labour.  Nobody has a right to expect some other demographic to support them forever and give everything to them on a gold platter simply because they had ancestors in a province or country before Europeans arrived.

FNs lost most the land long ago when Canada was formed and were given reservations.  Now since then there have been agreements to give them more land, but that is not an unlimited process.  There are limits how far that can or should be done.  

You are trying to run on a tangent here.  Immigration in Canada is not "just life"!  It is THE BUSINESS!  A Ponzi scheme designed to have more people contribute while fewer people-  the elderly and those in need use.  And since the elderly now live to 90 years and over, you have 25 years of taking without contributing, if those people just retire at 65 and do not work or cannot work any more.  

This active recruitment of immigrants, refugees, international students, enterpreneurs and what not has the ultimate goal of increasing development and resource extraction to generate government revenues.

Land and climate get destroyed at a faster and faster rates.

Governments are there to "manage" and "control" and ensure sustainability.  As I said, our f-ing government has been ensuring just the opposite!

39 minutes ago, blackbird said:

All Canadians should be interested and involved in what is happening in their country at the present time whether it is next door to their town or a thousand kilometres away.

I am very much interested and involved but I do not see myself being able to change anything.  FN's definitely have more leverage and can hopefully do something, so I would support them.  Even when their mediocrity and incompetence slow things down, it is still a better outcome than the predatory , out of control, well organized resource extraction and exploitation of the white man.

Edited by cougar

44 minutes ago, cougar said:

I am very much interested and involved but I do not see myself being able to change anything.  FN's definitely have more leverage and can hopefully do something, so I would support them.  Even when their mediocrity and incompetence slow things down, it is still a better outcome than the predatory , out of control, well organized resource extraction and exploitation of the white man.

The resource extraction is not out of control.  It creates thousands of jobs and contributes billions of dollars to pay for your health care, welfare, pension or whatever you live on.  The Indian rights/reconciliation industry produces nothing but takes from the taxpayers who will never escape paying and paying with no end in sight.

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

The resource extraction is not out of control.  It creates thousands of jobs and contributes billions of dollars to pay for your health care, welfare, pension or whatever you live on.  The Indian rights/reconciliation industry produces nothing but takes from the taxpayers who will never escape paying and paying with no end in sight.

Exactly.  A predatory out of control operation.

16 hours ago, cougar said:

You disapprove of receiving the invasive species treatment?

I feel for you.

In a sustainable environment you will have family houses that just get passed on from one generation to the next.  Same family living on the same space.  The land that my grand grand father had is still in our possession and has never been sold to anyone - for s profit or not.  My ancestors end up in the same graves by the same village.

I was being sarcastic.

This situation at Babine Lake with the federal and provincial NDP government signing an agreement with the Lake Babine Band to hand over 22,000 hectares of crown land in the coming years is not unique.  There are other similar deals that have been made without the consultation or approval of Canadians.  Ostensibly this land will be used to create a logging industry for FN.  But how much study has been done to find out if FN will in fact be interested in working in the logging industry and actually doing a professional job of utilizing this land?  If they do and it results in them getting off government support, then that would be a good thing.  But I am not so sure that will be the outcome.  Secondly, why is it necessary to give them absolute title to the land instead of just granting them timber rights for a certain number of years to see what they actually do with the land?  FN people are traditionally enthusiastic hunters and fishermen, not loggers.  Hunting and fishing is seasonal and does not require the white man's work practice of working 8 hours days for five days a week for around 49 weeks per year not counting statutory holidays.  That has always been the stumbling block for FN people.  They prefer their own work schedule and only seasonal for the men.   The women must work all the time of course maintaining the home and family.  So I am not sure how trying to get FN to start a logging industry is going to work.  This is just a fact of life and one of the obstacles white people have faced in settling and trying to employ some FN people.  Not all of course, but some have trouble adjusting to white man's ways.  They no doubt see white man's work ethic as a form of slavery as you must admit it does infringe of one's freedom to some extent.

On a smaller scale, deals are being made periodically to hand over control of certain areas without consultation or approval of Canadians or even the non-native populations that live in the region or area.  These areas are not FN reserves but are part of what natives claim as "traditional territories", a ambiguous term that covers 150% of B.C.  It is a useful term for FN activists who claim the land as their own.  Local and provincial politicians (particularly the woke) seem to be aiding and abetting them by their repeated land acknowledgements which are made at the beginning of meetings by mayors and public announcements by politicians at all levels of government.  Where will all this take us?

To compound this dilemma is an American-controlled forest industry company recently made a deal to build a commercial campground around a tiny lake on Vancouver Island with the cooperation of a FN band and gave the campground an unpronounceable FN name.  It now appears that a forest company is acting like a government and creating campsites and handing them to FN.  I am not saying the campsite is not a good thing;  it is a wonderful campground and camping is a reasonable price, but ordinary non-native Canadian citizens have absolutely no say in this.  In essence a foreign company is taking over our land and doing with it whatever they please.  It is the principle that is at stake here.  What is happening to our land we call Canada and what is happening to the rights of the 95% majority of Canadians who have no say in these things?

Edited by blackbird