Canada Must Stop Funding Ukraine War

19 minutes ago, myata said:

Is deliberate spreading of fabricated images

1 )So when the Jews who suffered genocide at the hand of the west Ukrainians.

2) Who say West Ukrainians were worst to them than German Nazi 

3) And Who are say there is a Nazi problem in Ukraine years before the war.

Those Jews have no idea what they are talking about?

America & NATO as a policy, have always supported Fascists against the Kremlin

Werner von Braun was after all the father of the Saturn V

Francisco Franco was a stalwart ally, with Navy & Air Force bases in Spain

the likes of Pinochet were of course supported against Kremlin proxies such as Allende

the logic is quite simple

this is a thermonuclear confrontation

an existential threat like no other faced in human history, literal annihilation in a thermonuclear firestorm

so the survival of the North American and Western European populations takes precedence over any other concern

in fact, America would even support Communists

so long as those Communists could be turned against the Kremlin

this was the whole point of Nixon going to China

to split the Communist Bloc, rendering the Domino Theory moot

all that matters is defending the North Atlantic Security Zone from thermonuclear Armageddon

the stakes are so high, NATO will work with any state regardless of ideology, to gain the high ground

1 hour ago, rectum said:

1 )So when the Jews who suffered genocide at the hand of the west Ukrainians.

2) Who say West Ukrainians were worst to them than German Nazi 

3) And Who are say there is a Nazi problem in Ukraine years before the war.

Those Jews have no idea what they are talking about?

I can't tell if you're posting from Moscow or Tel Aviv but at least your name makes clear where you are talking from.

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

the moderator here won't police the Russia Trolls for their positions, only their adherence to the rules

Do the Ukraine trolls need to be moderated too?

Just remember, if this forum was moderated by the standards of what FB, Twitter and the MSM consider to be true and what they consider to be disinformation, half of the verified content in the covid thread would be banned.  

The opinions of the pro-Zelenski crowd and the pro-Russia crowd are just that. Opinions.

If there was something that needed to be moderated here but isn't, it's known lies. Problem is, you can't have debates without allowing lies because it would just be a conservative echo chamber. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Iceni warrior said:

I can't tell if you're posting from Moscow or Tel Aviv but at least your name makes clear where you are talking from.

I think he's posting from Comedy Central TBH. 

In his defence though, if you don't share the EXACT opinion that the MSM is bombarding us with in this country nowadays, it can tend to drive one a bit crazy, being gaslighted 24/7. 

3 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Do the Ukraine trolls need to be moderated too?

Just remember, if this forum was moderated by the standards of what FB, Twitter and the MSM consider to be true and what they consider to be disinformation, half of the verified content in the covid thread would be banned.  

The opinions of the pro-Zelenski crowd and the pro-Russia crowd are just that. Opinions.

If there was something that needed to be moderated here but isn't, it's known lies. Problem is, you can't have debates without allowing lies because it would just be a conservative echo chamber. 

not sure what your quarrel is

8 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

of course supported AQ while they were fighting the Soviets for us

So When veterans are homeless, and they look for food in the trash and get food poisoning. 

When Americans with diabetes die as they can not afford Insulin.

When many places in the US don't have access to clean water.

There are homelessness every where despite ending it costing only $14billion.

And infrastructure is collapsing. 

But instead the US spend $6.5 trillion on a war with AQ that they helped create.

Then America deserve all of this. 

When 38 million people in the US can not afford food, the US deserves this as it is a self inflicted wound. 

1 hour ago, rectum said:

So When veterans are homeless, and they look for food in the trash and get food poisoning. 

But instead the US spend $6.5 trillion on a war with AQ that they helped create.

When 38 million people in the US can not afford food, the US deserves this as it is a self inflicted wound. 

Little hard to argue with this...

13 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

in fact, America would even support Communists

In the 1990s there was an open window to end this threat once and for all time by entirely peaceful means. Unfortunately the free and shiny civilized world is not adverse to thinking with that, rectum, especially as and if a hot balloon dream of big $$$ in profits and %% of GDP growth is floating in the air. And here we go, again. Holy mama mia. How could we resist it.

Tolkien knew something.

Edited by myata

3 hours ago, rectum said:

all of those are utterly insignificant concerns in the context of global thermonuclear war

we were fighting the Cold War during the most dangerous four years in the history of civilization, 1979-1983

25,000 thermonuclear warheads on alert, if that had reached DEFCON 1, it would have been an Extinction Event

as a veteran myself, I would have laid down my life to prevent the deaths of literally billions

• Like 1

frankly, the direct intervention of President Reagan & :Prime Minister Thatcher to defeat the Soviets

has led to me having a very good life

the Iron Curtain fell, and it's been non stop good times ever since

when the wall came down, it was the greatest moment of my generation

and I got everything I ever wanted, dream wife, dream home on a dream property

and in real terms, I live a wealthier lifestyle than my parents did

we won the first Cold War and enjoyed the fruits

now we will win the Second Cold War in similar fashion

a massive military build up would actually be a boon to the economy

as that is how we got out of the Great Depression

Missing from all of this is the fact that one of the largest body of victims are the Russian people.   We in the rest of the world stood idly by as a Joe Stalin wannabe lied, cheated and murdered his way to the top and now has a nuclear trigger to execute his mad fantasies of becoming defacto Joe #2.  The correct solution goes back to around 1999 when Putin should have been eliminated, but I believe he already had put his meathooks into the governing clique(s).  Now tens of thousands of Russin conscripts and enlisted will pay the price for his reign of terror.

Edited by cannuck

7 minutes ago, cannuck said:

Missing from all of this is the fact that one of the largest body of victims are the Russian people.   We in the rest of the world stood idly by as a Joe Stalin wannabe lied, cheated and murdered his way to the top and now has a nuclear trigger to execute his mad fantasies of becoming defacto Joe #2.  The correct solution goes back to around 1999 when Putin should have been eliminated, but I believe he already had put his meathooks into the governing clique(s).  Now tens of thousands of Russin conscripts and enlisted will pay the price for his reign of terror.

actually, Stalin was not reckless like this

Stalin feared a war with America, so while he was in charge, things were relatively stable

it didn't heat up until after Stalin died, and the ideologue Khrushchev took over, leading immediately to Cuba 1962

this is where the analogy to Hitler becomes salient

I don't believe that Putin is an ideologue as Hitler was

but like Hitler, he is a high risk gambler

this attempt to seize back territory by brinkmanship when his military is bluffing

that is very Hitler like

very much like the opening stages of the Second World War

the initial seizure of Crimea was Putin's Rhineland

followed by the Anschluss of Belarus

now he is escalating into his Sudetenland

I wouldn't accuse NATO of being in Neville Chamberlain mode

but perhaps we are in a Phony War phase already, the so called "Sitskreig"

there's no doubt about it tho, ultimately, this is the stuff  the World Wars were made of

revanchist aggressive war for territorial expansion by brinkmanship

Edited by Dougie93

46 minutes ago, cannuck said:

The correct solution goes back to around 1999 when Putin should have been eliminated, but I believe he already had put his meathooks into the governing clique(s).  Now tens of thousands of Russin conscripts and enlisted will pay the price for his reign of terror.

Russia will not be a civilized nation for long ages, possibly ever. It can exist only in a near-continuous flux of outward aggression, any even short period without it causes internal instability because it simply does not know how to develop peacefully not in its genes. I hope the mistakes of the past will not be repeated. Russia needs to be rid of nukes and watched very tightly to never get them back. Iron fence with killer drones along the entire perimeter, Finland and Poland already started on this. The rest is up to them and good luck for whatever it's worth.

If the world survives this, that is.

Canadian special forces operating in Ukraine, New York Times reports

Canadian special forces are in Ukraine as part of a NATO network to provide weapons, training and gather intelligence about the Russians, the New York Times is reporting.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/canadian-special-forces-operating-in-ukraine-new-york-times-reports

28 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Canadian special forces are in Ukraine as part of a NATO network to provide weapons, training and gather intelligence

Sure, nothing wrong about it. If West left the moment Russia showed up anywhere, it would be playing straight into its imperial, aggressive narrative. If this ends the good way, with Russia defeated and kicked out of Ukraine, watch it the next day crying it's all on Putin while we are so cute and innocent, can we have some humanitarian aid? and keep the Crimea because so democratic and cute now please. Can almost guarantee that - don't make the mistakes of the past.

Edited by myata

35 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Canadian special forces operating in Ukraine, New York Times reports

Canadian special forces are in Ukraine as part of a NATO network to provide weapons, training and gather intelligence about the Russians, the New York Times is reporting.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/canadian-special-forces-operating-in-ukraine-new-york-times-reports

Great, but it really feels like we’re back in the 70’s.  Cold War, inflation.  We have lower unemployment than back then but much higher debt.  Lower interest rates, but they’re rising fast.  Billions out the door on Ukraine…

Edited by Zeitgeist

6 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Great, but it really feels like we’re back in the 70’s.  Cold War, inflation.  We have lowere unemployment than back then but much higher debt.  Lower interest rates, but they’re rising fast.  

as I say, the brink of thermonuclear war takes precedence over all other concerns

this is  one of the few things of significance that Canada is able to contribute

Canada does not have the military hardware, and never did

the role of Canada has always been to provide boots on the ground at the sharp end

from Second Ypres to Mons

from Hong Kong to Dieppe

from the Ortona to Juno Beach

from Kapyong to Kandahar

Shock Troops of the Empire

this is your Vimy Myth in action, Zeitgeist

embrace the suck

Edited by Dougie93
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

as I say, the brink of thermonuclear war takes precedence over all other concerns

this is  one of the few things of significance that Canada is able to contribute

Canada does not have the military hardware, and never did

the role of Canada has always been to provide boots on the ground at the sharp end

from Second Ypres to Mons

from Hong Kong to Dieppe

from the Ortona to Juno Beach

from Kapyong to Kandahar

Shock Troops of the Empire

this is your Vimy Myth in action, Zeitgeist

embrace the suck

We should all be very proud of that work and I am.  I just wish we had better leaders for this.  Trump was so much better at handling Russia.  

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

We should all be very proud of that work and I am.  I just wish we had better leaders for this.  Trump was so much better at handling Russia.  

the poor leadership of the left is the mechanism which will return Trump to the Oval Office

it's all working out quite swimmingly in fact