Do you believe that in a globalized world being literate in Geopolitics is becoming more relevant?

Luz P.

7 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

you'd gather incorrectly

dominance of the seas is the key

and America is dominant in the Pacific and Indian oceans not China

the BRI is dependent upon America to keep freedom of navigation open for them

because overland trade isn't taking over the world anymore than China is

overseas trade is king

Are you aware of what's going on in the South China Sea? 

It's kinda sweet hear you say China is dependent on the USA to keep freedom of navigation open for them - as if they played by the rules!

8 hours ago, Luz P. said:

Many countries are experiencing a population decline.  I fail to see what the big issue is, if China loses 500 million, they’ll still have 1B left. Also, AI can pick up the slack for the lost workforce.

it means a huge chunk of their population is retired and must be supported by the working population

and that chunk is made up by their most experienced and productive workers

this will kill their economy

if you don't know why rapid population aging and decline portends poorly for countries

you know nothing about demographics

Edited by Yzermandius19

8 hours ago, Luz P. said:

Are you aware of what's going on in the South China Sea? 

It's kinda sweet hear you say China is dependent on the USA to keep freedom of navigation open for them - as if they played by the rules!

obviously 

America is more powerful in the South China Sea than they are

and if America decides to cut them out

they have no ability to prevent it

On 6/28/2022 at 8:59 PM, Yzermandius19 said:

obviously 

America is more powerful in the South China Sea than they are

and if America decides to cut them out

they have no ability to prevent it

It’s debatable as to who is more “powerful” in the South China Sea, but a couple of things are clear.  America has historically been reluctant to get involved in military conflicts with China, almost as if they are fearful.

Also, China has been pouring billons into their military and is getting quite strong.  Yes their army/Air Force is untested and such, but their new ship busting missiles are up to the task.

Then there is Biden.  In bed with China, compromised and probably on the take.  China isn’t worried about a Biden led US.

On 6/27/2022 at 10:41 AM, Luz P. said:

I’m so sick and tired of people not understanding what Globalization or Geopolitics are.  Here you go, you can thank me later:

1)    Globalization means the speedup of movements and exchanges (of human beings, goods, and services, capital, technologies or cultural practices) all over the planet.

2)    Geopolitics is the study of the effects of geography (human and physical) on politics and international relations.  Geopolitics is a method of studying foreign policy to understand, explain, and predict international political behavior through geographical variables.

Globalization is well and alive and shows no signs of dying.  Mainly, it’s American Conservatives that hold the view that somehow they can bring Nationalism back. Ironic, they demand this now, after reaping the benefits of globalization for decades and being “exceptional” by the ruthless theft of other countries’ wealth and resources.

And if one dares point out the fallacy, they tend to support their arguments citing Bible prophecy and calling anyone that disagrees with them “Globalists and Satanists”.  That’s one accomplishment of their hero Trump. He managed to successfully polarize the country and boast about it. 

If the premise “Divide and Conquer” is evil, then Trump is the epitome of evil.

Thank you for this, now I see where you are coming from.  Globalization has been what the leading countries of the world have been moving toward for probably 30 years or more.

The US included.  On the down low since their voters have a dim view of such things, and rightly so.  Globalism is the move towards a one world government, and this is done again in the background, its goals kept under wraps.

The WHO, WEF and UN are arms of this monster, getting more and more power through treaties and agreements in exchange for “help” given.

Globalization puts power in the hands of the few.  For that reason I don’t think it’s a good thing.  Races and cultures and peoples are unique and should always be celebrated.

I believe Russia, India and perhaps China(plus a smattering of small countries) are all that’s left to oppose Globalism.  Russia has committed the unspeakable sin of basing their currency on a gold standard instead of remaining connected to the world fiat based system. This is why Russia must be taken out by NATO.  The “Save Ukraine” campaign was a ruse.  See Libya.

The USA is going to fail.  China will strike a major oil deal with the ME which will destroy the US dollar.  Where we all wind up is anyone’s guess, but the old normal is never coming back.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sharkman said:

It’s debatable as to who is more “powerful” in the South China Sea, but a couple of things are clear.  America has historically been reluctant to get involved in military conflicts with China, almost as if they are fearful.

it is not debateable to anyone who knows what they are talking about

China is far more scared of America than vice versa

and for good reason

2 hours ago, sharkman said:

The WHO, WEF and UN are arms of this monster, getting more and more power through treaties and agreements in exchange for “help” given.

Globalization puts power in the hands of the few.  For that reason I don’t think it’s a good thing.  Races and cultures and peoples are unique and should always be celebrated.

I believe Russia, India and perhaps China(plus a smattering of small countries) are all that’s left to oppose Globalism.  Russia has committed the unspeakable sin of basing their currency on a gold standard instead of remaining connected to the world fiat based system. This is why Russia must be taken out by NATO.  The “Save Ukraine” campaign was a ruse.  See Libya.

The USA is going to fail.  China will strike a major oil deal with the ME which will destroy the US dollar.  Where we all wind up is anyone’s guess, but the old normal is never coming back.

I agree, the notion of one-world government sounds terrible to me; however, I doubt this will come to pass, instead I believe we’re heading towards a multipolar world.  Fractured in two, the Eurasian block and the western block.

BRICS is gaining traction:  https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/iran-applies-join-brics-group-emerging-countries-2022-06-27/

Also, the USA is broke and I wonder for how long they’ll be able to prop their fiat currency

https://www.usdebtclock.org/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yzermandius19 said:

China is a house of cards

and a teetering one at that

the more they flex

the weaker they are

it's overcompensation

Quite frankly, I think China could care less what the USA thinks about them.

Their economy and military can overtake the USA; I don’t see them becoming “the” global superpower though. 

USA’s ideological, political and cultural superiority makes it very difficult for China to aspire to the same level of respect and acceptance worldwide.

We’re simply heading towards a multipolar world.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 3:19 PM, Luz P. said:

Quite frankly, I think China could care less what the USA thinks about them.

Their economy and military can overtake the USA; I don’t see them becoming “the” global superpower though. 

USA’s ideological, political and cultural superiority makes it very difficult for China to aspire to the same level of respect and acceptance worldwide.

We’re simply heading towards a multipolar world.

China's economy has taken a hit due to the pandemic, like everyone else. While western countries are starting to manufacture some key goods, like medicines, PPE, chips, etc. And some manufacturers inside of China are starting to pull out moving to other cheaper labor opportunities. China's economy is not what it used to be just 3 years ago.

Militarily China is nowhere close to US forces, and while its navy is growing at light speed, it has placed the US naval forces into an upgrading and rebuilding phase. I would not take China's new missile as a game-changer, it won't take long for a countermeasure to hypersonic missiles to be found, lets's not forget the USA has new hypersonic missiles as well. Mother Russia has pushed a lot of NATO countries to do the same thing and reinvest in their militaries. The US has been handling China and Russia with care only due to their nuclear capabilities, and we are seeing that play out now with Europe in for a cold winter, and china has not played her cards yet. 

12 hours ago, Luz P. said:

No it isn't. Actually, it's the USA the one in decline.

https://multipolarista.com/2022/06/28/michael-hudson-inflation-fed-wages/

if America declines

China declines on steroids

China is totally dependent on America

and they have the fastest collapsing demography in human history

their strength has been vastly overrated

Edited by Yzermandius19

19 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

if America declines

China declines on steroids

China is totally dependent on America

and they have the fastest collapsing demography in human history

their strength has been vastly overrated

In what alternative reality does this guy live? His wishful thinking is kind of endearing… I hope not too many take him seriously.

13 minutes ago, Luz P. said:

In what alternative reality does this guy live? His wishful thinking is kind of endearing… I hope not too many take him seriously.

in other words

you have no good retort

and thus resort to ad hominem

attacking the messenger rather than the message

weak sauce

Edited by Yzermandius19

22 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

in other words

you have no good retort

and thus resort to ad hominem

attacking the messenger rather than the message

weak sauce

Weak sauce?  At least I took the time to watch his "analysis" and do a bit of research about the accuracy of his past  predictions.  Did you do the same regarding Michael Hudson?

4 minutes ago, Luz P. said:

Weak sauce?  At least I took the time to watch his "analysis" and do a bit of research about the accuracy of his past  predictions.

if you did that

then surely you can be more specific than I disagree and name calling

if not, then yeah, weak sauce

Edited by Yzermandius19

On 7/4/2022 at 12:58 PM, Yzermandius19 said:

if you did that

then surely you can be more specific than I disagree and name calling

if not, then yeah, weak sauce

He makes several good points but his analysis comes from an American exceptionalism POV where he constantly underestimates rival powers.

3 hours ago, Luz P. said:

He makes several good points but his analysis comes from an American exceptionalism POV where he constantly underestimates rival powers.

in what ways does he underestimate them?

basically you just don't like that he's bullish on America and not the rival powers

and write him off unfairly because of it doesn't fit your confirmation bias

15 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

in what ways does he underestimate them?

basically you just don't like that he's bullish on America and not the rival powers

and write him off unfairly because of it doesn't fit your confirmation bias

I could say the same about you.  At least, I listened to what he had to say and even checked some of his analysis on YouTube.  Did you do the same for Michael Hudson?