Jump to content

Canada Banning Certain Plastic Products by the End of the Year


Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, herbie said:

Holy fuck. Repeating ignorance doesn't make it smart. Dumb as a hammer.

Go march on Ottawa to protect your freedumbs.

Go join the liberal communist party of Canada because that is where you truly do belong, comrade. 😁

The truckers convoy protest was all about freedom of speech and assembly, and all about exposing liberal Marxists like you. If it were not for the many Canadian patriotic groups and organizations out there that have been fighting for freedom of speech and assembly for decades now we would already be saluting the communist hammer and sickle flag. Emigrate to North Korea, will you. Bye-bye. 🤗

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, cougar said:

You have to be kidding me !!!!

Plastics are everywhere you look.  I walked  a 10 km one way trail from Tow Hill to Cape Fife on Haida Gwaii and found a ton of plastics on a beach not reachable by anything but a boat!

You see plastics along every highway and in every river; they only get more, not less.

It may not be same volumes you see like in a developing country (for lack of a better word), but they are visible in Canada just about everywhere.

Has any plastic ever hurt you yet? Did some piece of plastic almost kill you by chance? I have seen plenty of garbage waste like paper and cardboard stuff and styrofaom coffee cups on our streets and highways.So, sShould we now ban all of those products also?

So what's your point here anyway? Just wondering. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

whatever control freak

if you want people to stop using plastic bags

make some bags they want more

not use the government to force them to use bags they want less

that's what a real environmentalist would do

clearly you're a fake who just wants to use the environment as justification for government power grabs

Ever been to Costco? Walmart lately? 

I'm sure retailers would be just fine not selling Grocery bags for 5 cents and instead selling cloth bags at a much higher markup. 

It's up to the government to clean all this plastic up, or collect it for recycling, so it is in the governments purview to regulate this. 

Edited by Boges
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Nationalist said:

We produce plastic waste...don't fool yourself.

I am not saying that we do not produce plastic pollution and waste. But we are not as bad as what is being done in the 3rd world. They produce a hell of a lot more than we could ever do. I say about 92% of it, and they could care less about doing so. ☺️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Boges said:

Ever been to Costco? Walmart lately? 

I'm sure retailers would be just fine not selling Grocery bags for 5 cents and instead selling cloth bags at a much higher markup. 

It's up to the government to clean all this plastic up, or collect it for recycling, so it is in the governments purview to regulate this. 

if they'd be fine not selling them

no need for the government to ban them

just because the government can regulate something doesn't mean they should

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, taxme said:

The truckers convoy protest was all about freedom of speech and assembly

OMG a new level of stupid.

My grandson said if he were to sell "Proud To Be Ignurnt" baseball caps online, they'd sell by the millions. I'll send you one and a bolo bat to go with it. Be sure to wear the hat backwards.

Enviro ignurnce excuse #2

Why are you mad at me? Billy shit all over the bathroom wall. I only shit all over the toilet seat. He's the one to yell at.

Edited by herbie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, taxme said:

Has any plastic ever hurt you yet? Did some piece of plastic almost kill you by chance? I have seen plenty of garbage waste like paper and cardboard stuff and styrofaom coffee cups on our streets and highways.So, sShould we now ban all of those products also?

So what's your point here anyway? Just wondering. 

Your questions are absolutely absurd!

Go read on-line about the harmful effects of plastics - how they kill all kinds of life, get into the food chain and eventually harm us.

Paper will be fine, srtyrofoam is not, so it should be banned immediately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

if they'd be fine not selling them

no need for the government to ban them

just because the government can regulate something doesn't mean they should

The government wants to reduce the amount of Plastic we use. 

And it's more certainly something they should concern themselves with, as they are the ones that deal with collection, recycling and clean-up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, taxme said:

I am not saying that we do not produce plastic pollution and waste. But we are not as bad as what is being done in the 3rd world. They produce a hell of a lot more than we could ever do. I say about 92% of it, and they could care less about doing so. ☺️

True.

And if our leaders would allow these 3rd world countries to complete industrialization, they'd change in a matter of a generation. But instead our leaders keep them alive enough to starve another day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, herbie said:

OMG a new level of stupid.

My grandson said if he were to sell "Proud To Be Ignurnt" baseball caps online, they'd sell by the millions. I'll send you one and a bolo bat to go with it. Be sure to wear the hat backwards.

Enviro ignurnce excuse #2

Why are you mad at me? Billy shit all over the bathroom wall. I only shit all over the toilet seat. He's the one to yell at.

Holy MF. 😲

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, cougar said:

Your questions are absolutely absurd!

Go read on-line about the harmful effects of plastics - how they kill all kinds of life, get into the food chain and eventually harm us.

Paper will be fine, srtyrofoam is not, so it should be banned immediately.

i never have said that plastic is not harmful to anyone or anything. I just do not really give a shit about plastic pollution. I have more and urgent priority needs to concern myself with rather than with plastic pollution. 

Here in Canada, Canadians are doing their fair share in helping to fight plastic pollution. But what about China and India or many Arab countries? Those three countries alone contribute and create way too much plastic pollution into the environment.

So, maybe what you should be doing is to go and take a trip and go have a talk with the leaders of those three countries I mentioned above. But I doubt that you will have very much success because as far as I am concerned neither one of them really could give a shit about plastic pollution at all. Only dumb people in the western countries like in Canada appear to get all riled up over plastic pollution. Ridiculous. 

So, stop going bonkers about the bit of plastic waste that you see lying around on the ground somewhere. We are doing just fine with trying to fight plastic pollution by trying to keep all plastic materials off the streets and wherever else and we are doing a good job of recycling plastic. Just my opinion of course. 😇

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Nationalist said:

True.

And if our leaders would allow these 3rd world countries to complete industrialization, they'd change in a matter of a generation. But instead our leaders keep them alive enough to starve another day.

To be honest here. The globalist corporate scum that do run the world are the ones that are taking advantage of the poorer countries in the world. But that should not stop those poor countries from trying to do the earth a favor by trying to get their own plastic pollution and waste under control which they massively contribute to every day and that they should be cleaning up every day. 

Personally, I really do not think that even the leaders in many of those poor countries really give all that much of a shit about their plastic pollution. Those leaders do not live in the poor parts of town, so why should they really care. Just my opinion. 😇

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, taxme said:

Here in Canada, Canadians are doing their fair share in helping to fight plastic pollution. But what about China and India or many Arab countries? Those three countries alone contribute and create way too much plastic pollution into the environment.

This would be the wrong kind of thinking.

We need to stop this plastic pollution here in Canada.  We need to stop exporting the containers with our plastic garbage to developing countries which will be even more ill prepared to deal with it.

First we fix our own mess, then we start looking around.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Boges said:

The government wants to reduce the amount of Plastic we use. 

And it's more certainly something they should concern themselves with, as they are the ones that deal with collection, recycling and clean-up. 

the government wants to do all sorts of things it shouldn't do

people should be free to choose whatever bags they want to

and the government should stay the f*ck out of it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, taxme said:

To be honest here. The globalist corporate scum that do run the world are the ones that are taking advantage of the poorer countries in the world. But that should not stop those poor countries from trying to do the earth a favor by trying to get their own plastic pollution and waste under control which they massively contribute to every day and that they should be cleaning up every day. 

Personally, I really do not think that even the leaders in many of those poor countries really give all that much of a shit about their plastic pollution. Those leaders do not live in the poor parts of town, so why should they really care. Just my opinion. 😇

 

 

I would agree. They don't give a shir. Nor would you if you were simply trying to survive. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, cougar said:

This would be the wrong kind of thinking.

We need to stop this plastic pollution here in Canada.  We need to stop exporting the containers with our plastic garbage to developing countries which will be even more ill prepared to deal with it.

First we fix our own mess, then we start looking around.

1. Not to me. I just do not get all that riled up over nothing like plastic pollution. I saw a video of a pile of plastic garbage on youtube all bunched together in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. It was about a mile in diameter. That did not come from Canada. It had to come from one or more of those third world countries. 

Do you ever stop and think about just how much plastic is used for so many products that we buy? It is immense. We need and use plastic for so many products. It's impossible to try and get rid of plastic altogether. I am pretty sure that all of the plastic that we export to those developing countries is needed for their own usage for whatever. China and India alone have almost 2 billion people living in those two countries and they both use plenty of plastic, and they discard the plastic wherever they want to without any thought. 

We are fixing our own plastic mess. Canadians are recycling their plastic waste. be happy with that. You should be worried more about what this Marxist dictator in Ottawa is doing to our rights and freedoms here in Canada before you show so much concern over plastic pollution. My rights and freedoms are more important to me than plastic pollution. Just saying. 😇

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/23/2022 at 3:50 PM, Boges said:

Ever been to Costco? Walmart lately? 

I'm sure retailers would be just fine not selling Grocery bags for 5 cents and instead selling cloth bags at a much higher markup. 

It's up to the government to clean all this plastic up, or collect it for recycling, so it is in the governments purview to regulate this. 

Don't for one second think Costco or Walmart or any other retailer do not want to sell plastic bags for a nickle. That is the biggest profit maker for them and, it is constant.

Sell one cloth reusable bag or sell plastic bags ten thousand times.

Recycling is a farce. A waste of taxpayers money. No one uses or buys old plastics and the countries that used to take that stuff no longer wants it.

Reality is that recycling plastics is BS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recycling methods need a rethink. Those plastic bags and other plastic can be recycled with a little cleaning & solvent. But not if there's only ONE such plant in the whole country and they all need to be trucked to Toronto.

All those plastic pop bottles and cans - not even cleaned crushed or shredded and trucked across the country in semis! Have you seen the clear bags they're sent in, the size of a small cabin and only five pounds of stuff in them?

30 years ago I saw a machine in Oregon outside a WalMart or grocery store. They didn't even have deposits - you just fed your cans in, it shredded your can up and dropped it in a bucket and spit out a couple cents per can. A forklift came and hoisted the buckets onto a truck and they carried thousands of pounds to the recycler on ONE truck.

Where I live those empty unshredded cans are trucked all the way to Vancouver when shredded ones could go to the aluminum plant at Kitimat. Hundreds of time more on one semi going 1/4 the distance!

As for paper bag, yeah wouldn't that be nice to see again, but we'd hear the usual moaning... no one remembers how to do that. It would take decades to train the workforce to make paper. Billions to build the new mills. So much cheaper to ship raw logs top China and make bags there. The papermills used to pollute and you know there's been absolutely zero progress in pollution control in the last 50 years.... would you want a stinky mill in your backyard? The Can't-servatives would have a heyday with that idea.

Edited by herbie
cuz I can't type worth a damn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

 It's biodegradeable but it is better to be cutting down more trees?

If we had only 1 billion people living on the planet and only so many taking advantage of fast food restaurants, chances are it was going to be just fine.  

Thinking about it, MacDonalds may stop giving you any utensils, why should we rely on those single use plastic or wooden forks???  Bring your own with  you, or just eat like a pig. 

It will save the trees for sure

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/24/2022 at 3:17 PM, Yzermandius19 said:

people should be free to choose whatever bags they want to

and the government should stay the f*ck out of it

Wrong, and wrong again.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, cougar said:

Wrong, and wrong again.

you certainly shouldn't be in charge of what bags people use

commies fronting as environmentalists will only accept government forcing people to behave the way they want as the solution

anyone presenting any other solutions is just labeled a climate change denier by frauds like cougar

meanwhile the commies are the one's with the worst environmental records of all, yet they demand everyone behaves as they demand

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, cougar said:

If we had only 1 billion people living on the planet and only so many taking advantage of fast food restaurants, chances are it was going to be just fine.  

Thinking about it, MacDonalds may stop giving you any utensils, why should we rely on those single use plastic or wooden forks???  Bring your own with  you, or just eat like a pig. 

It will save the trees for sure

 

I’ve been saving up plastic cutlery and reusing them. I just bought a bag of such as well. I keep a re-cleaned set with me at all times in a... plastic zip lock bag and take them home to wash. No wood for me.

Plastic is a marvellous invention but just has to be used responsibly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, cougar said:

If we had only 1 billion people living on the planet and only so many taking advantage of fast food restaurants, chances are it was going to be just fine. 

not pro-environment

just anti-human

if you try to make people choose between people and the environment

the environment ain't going to win the argument 

invoking a false dichotomy like that

is bad for the environment

if you wrap the cause in anti-human and communist baggage 

you're going to make it a lot harder to sell

but really you want to sell the baggage and use the environment as a front to try and sell it to the rubes

which is why you don't drop the baggage and make it your main "pro-environment" argument

while claiming that anyone who wants to protect the environment with far more effective methods and not your counterproductive methods just wants to destroy the planet

Malthusian af

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...