Canada Must Exit Climate Agreement Immediately

On 7/5/2022 at 10:02 AM, Army Guy said:

Right now there is not a proven reliable source of energy that will replace fossil fuels, in the time frame we have agreed to sign on to a global treaty. The first big date is 2030. 

My fear is we are going to suffer to make these goals and all will be for nothing.

Why are you so fearful? I honestly don't understand why you're not celebrating decades of success at limiting action. The warming is accelerating - you're clearly winning the battle hands down.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Why are you so fearful? I honestly don't understand why you're not celebrating decades of success at limiting action. The warming is accelerating - you're clearly winning the battle hands down.

The majority of Canadians do believe in climate change, that's not the issue, the issue is that the majority of Canadians also throw their support behind the Liberal climate change plan when in reality it does very little to change anything. We as a nation have not met any of the climate change goals we have signed on to, then again, we as a nation don't have a sound record of keeping to any international treaties we have signed on to.

Don't get me wrong we love to sign shit and get photos taken, we just don't like abiding by what we agreed to. 

The left is not the only side that is concerned about climate change, instead, they have taken the lazy way out and passed it all on to the consumer like most issues they tackle either pass it off to someone else or kick it down the road for someone else to fix. 

Just don't sit there and try to tell us that the left is handling this problem with a lame excuse of a program while the right is sitting there sitting on their asses and wanting the globe to burn. 

18 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

The majority of Canadians do believe in climate change, that's not the issue, the issue is that the majority of Canadians also throw their support behind the Liberal climate change plan when in reality it does very little to change anything. We as a nation have not met any of the climate change goals we have signed on to, then again, we as a nation don't have a sound record of keeping to any international treaties we have signed on to.

Don't get me wrong we love to sign shit and get photos taken, we just don't like abiding by what we agreed to. 

The left is not the only side that is concerned about climate change, instead, they have taken the lazy way out and passed it all on to the consumer like most issues they tackle either pass it off to someone else or kick it down the road for someone else to fix. 

Just don't sit there and try to tell us that the left is handling this problem with a lame excuse of a program while the right is sitting there sitting on their asses and wanting the globe to burn. 

What would the right do that would be more effective and wouldn't result in hardship to Canadians?

31 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

the left will burn in an hysterical fire of their own making

this is all on trajectory to a massive shift against the left by the masses

all the leftist sacred cows will be slaughtered by an enraged middle & working class against the elites

47 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

The majority of Canadians do believe in climate change, that's not the issue, the issue is that the majority of Canadians also throw their support behind the Liberal climate change plan when in reality it does very little to change anything. 

The majority of Canadians supported and demanded action on climate change decades ago. The Liberals are full of shit  when it says it agrees.

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

I've pretty much given up flying

I haven't been to Europe in many years now, I don't bother with the Caribbean anymore neither

if I do travel, it's only to America

and I prefer to drive

I would rather take the scenic route and drive across the continent, than put up with the aggravation of flying

As I said it's been almost 20 years since I have last flown. However I live very near the main international airport in Finland and I go to work by train which connects to the airport.

Those trains are always absolutely packed full of people with those suitcases which you pull behind you and which take a lot space and which make an annoying screeching noise as their wheels roll on the ground.

I can't help wondering how many of those people belong to the crowd who say that they are very worried about the climate change but don't you dare touch my foreign holiday.

14 minutes ago, dialamah said:

What would the right do that would be more effective and wouldn't result in hardship to Canadians?

The question should be, Why are you so content with the liberal plan ?, Our government declared a climate change emergency, and the majority of Canadians agreed, that it is an emergency. A crisis that needs to be handled with an extreme sense of urgency with all resources available.  Unless my definition of an emergency is wrong. 

So taxing a product to make end users to reconsider using it, and then giving those taxes collected back to everyone regardless if they contributed or not that is the best we can do. 

Global events have now doubled the price of fossil fuels, to 10 times the price carbon taxes would ever be. And people are still driving around... this global crisis has allowed us to see into the future, and people are still using fossil fuels even when prices are much higher than the taxes would ever be... the plan failed and we as a nation will fail to meet our target goals. And if that is OK with you, then why do anything at all, why are we half-assing this emergency?

It is not about left or right it is about the solution and keeping our planet from burning. 

Then in my opinion it is not much of an emergency, is it? with all the knowledge and expertise in Canada, this was the best plan we could come up with, that this is still the best plan ever? 

I'm not an expert, and this topic is way over my head, but i would start by using all those taxes to fund R&D into finding an alternative source of energy, we just spent 500 bil on a pandemic, why can we spend money on finding a solution to saving the planet, i would use taxpayers money into improving existing infrastructure to prepare for the increase in electrical usage, build new infrastructure, invest in new tech like micro nuke facilities, major tax relief for buyers of electrical vehs, solar power homes, use of thermal heat pumps.

I think you get the idea, and I'm sure there are experts out there that could provide much better solutions than I could ever do.  And yet we as Canadians are content with the status quo. We either are not smart enough to see a better way or pride is getting in everyone's way. , or we really don't care and should stop lying to ourselves.

11 minutes ago, eyeball said:

The majority of Canadians supported and demanded action on climate change decades ago. The Liberals are full of shit  when it says it agrees.

NO, we can not pin this on any one party, This is on Canadians we put these parties in office and it is up to us to give them their platforms, fail to do that and well they get creative. And then it is on us. Justin has been elected 3 times, and his platform has changed 3 times, the left which includes the NDP, has agreed with those platforms, and those voters need to step up and take responsibility for their climate plan... or maybe we don't care as much as we say we do?

On 7/23/2022 at 12:34 PM, marcus said:

Nothing is going to happen instantly. It's a transition. We're already seeing a transition. No one is asking to snap your finger and flip everything. Of course that's not possible.

Solar/Wind/Hydro are already provinding a lot of energy. They're also providing jobs. Material created by oil is already being replaced by low foot print sources. It's already happening. Why is it so hard to believe that we can finally reach a point where we can totally replace fossil fuels?

Because the technology today cannot foot the bill. Yet governments in the west are destroying their affluence with Jack-assery like carbon taxes and choking insane regulations down the public's throats. 

And too many people are convinced the hardship is worth it because...

"AHHH! WE ALL GONNA DIE!"

The lie of the century. 

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

The question should be, Why are you so content with the liberal plan ?, Our government declared a climate change emergency, and the majority of Canadians agreed, that it is an emergency. A crisis that needs to be handled with an extreme sense of urgency with all resources available.  Unless my definition of an emergency is wrong. 

So taxing a product to make end users to reconsider using it, and then giving those taxes collected back to everyone regardless if they contributed or not that is the best we can do. 

Global events have now doubled the price of fossil fuels, to 10 times the price carbon taxes would ever be. And people are still driving around... this global crisis has allowed us to see into the future, and people are still using fossil fuels even when prices are much higher than the taxes would ever be... the plan failed and we as a nation will fail to meet our target goals. And if that is OK with you, then why do anything at all, why are we half-assing this emergency?

It is not about left or right it is about the solution and keeping our planet from burning. 

Then in my opinion it is not much of an emergency, is it? with all the knowledge and expertise in Canada, this was the best plan we could come up with, that this is still the best plan ever? 

I'm not an expert, and this topic is way over my head, but i would start by using all those taxes to fund R&D into finding an alternative source of energy, we just spent 500 bil on a pandemic, why can we spend money on finding a solution to saving the planet, i would use taxpayers money into improving existing infrastructure to prepare for the increase in electrical usage, build new infrastructure, invest in new tech like micro nuke facilities, major tax relief for buyers of electrical vehs, solar power homes, use of thermal heat pumps.

I think you get the idea, and I'm sure there are experts out there that could provide much better solutions than I could ever do.  And yet we as Canadians are content with the status quo. We either are not smart enough to see a better way or pride is getting in everyone's way. , or we really don't care and should stop lying to ourselves.

Nothing here but deflection.  If Conservatives are so much better, than you should be able to present their plan.

Edited by dialamah

18 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Nothing here but deflection.  If Conservatives are so much better, than you should be able to present their plan.

OooKkk, the Conservative plan is not really any better, is that what you wanted to hear, the liberal plan is the one in motion right now unless I missed something in the news, the liberals are in charge right now right...It was the liberals that declared an Emergency right... perhaps you can walk me through how this plan fits into the emergency category.. and i am the one deflecting...

that this issue is divided by political party...Climate change is not the issue here it is left against right... let me know how that is working out. it is also about the Canadians (Left and Right) talking a good game but really not willing to do anything about it...

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

OooKkk, the Conservative plan is not really any better

of course not

because the Conservatives are the same progressive urbane elites as the Liberals are

there is only one political class in Canada

the Laurentian Elites are all the same

it's a de facto one party system, where all roads lead to the policies of the Liberal Party of Canada

the Liberals have every institution in their pockets

by entrenchment over decades of being the Natural Governing Party

the judiciary, the prosecutors, the police

the military, intelligence & security services

the public sector bureaucrats, the private sector corporations

the universities, the public schools

the media, the arts

amateur & professional sports

even the churches in Canada are adopting the lunatic policies of the despotic elites

if you are not one of the Laurentian Elites

they will simply collude to block you from running for any major party

take for example Colonel (ret.) Pat Stogran of the PPCLI

he tried to run for the NDP

no way they were accepting him into their urbane elitist ranks

you can't fight city hall in Canada

there is no legitimate way of altering the policies from the preference of the ruling class

Edited by Dougie93

2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

NO, we can not pin this on any one party, This is on Canadians we put these parties in office and it is up to us to give them their platforms, fail to do that and well they get creative.

How? If we can't keep an eye on them there's not much we can do at all.

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Because the technology today cannot foot the bill. Yet governments in the west are destroying their affluence with Jack-assery like carbon taxes and choking insane regulations down the public's throats. 

And too many people are convinced the hardship is worth it because...

"AHHH! WE ALL GONNA DIE!"

The lie of the century. 

But we sure have the technology to put people into small vehicles and take away their huge trucks.

I don't know what lie you are talking about?  The world is on fire - all continents except Arctica and Antarctica.

Maybe the Arctc water should start boiling before you believe there is human caused climate change??!!

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, cougar said:

But we sure have the technology to put people into small vehicles and take away their huge trucks.

I don't know what lie you are talking about?  The world is on fire - all continents except Arctica and Antarctica.

Maybe the Arctc water should start boiling before you believe there is human caused climate change??!!

Maybe you should quit taking the word of twits with a long history of being dead wrong?

34 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

big government overreach is the issue

and that is the only form of climate change action you support

again, get a better plan

it's your shitty plans that are the problem

Like you'd support any effective plan that came from government.

''Government bad'' is your only mantra.

23 minutes ago, Iceni warrior said:

the government has yet to present an effective plan

and those are the only acceptable plans to the fake environmentalists

as soon as you make it about helping the environment instead of punishing people

I'd support it, but y'all can't let go the counterproductive anti-human baggage

because that baggage is the real priority

you literally demonize the very thing that has done more to help the environment than anything, the free market

while applauding the very thing that has done more to damage the environment than anything, the government

talk to me about the environment

when you actually care about the environment more than being a control freak actively undermining it

Edited by Yzermandius19

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

And the World Economic Forum.... 

Seems pretty scary to me :D

Enjoy your institutions while they last...in name only.

They have all lost honour and respect. Thus they will crumble under the weight of their own lies.

1 hour ago, Iceni warrior said:

But that said he still thinks the governed are worse, for wanting to force the government to be answerable to us.