Canada Must Exit Climate Agreement Immediately

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/5/2022 at 10:13 AM, Dougie93 said:

events will derail the whole program long before it gets there

we are entering a global financial & economic crisis of historic proportions

it's well beyond Canada's control, Canada is just a passenger

$200 trillion in global debt for only $50 trillion in growth

that is going to bring the roof down upon us

nobody will be talking about the Environment when we are in another Great Depression

This could very well happen.

Our financial system has never been sustainable. The issues and holes within it have received bandages and its life has been extended, but it looks more and more like it's going to implode. This is more of a concern to me than climate change.

Climate change will continue to happen. It's a transition. We will adapt to it, and looking at it positively, technology may may lessen the burden of it. But the financial system and infrastructure is a big concern that I don't see a solution to.

Maybe self-sustainibility, localization of economy is the answer for food and products. The centralized money system, where money is printed without any oversight is not the answer. Blockchain could be the answer to that. I don't know. But that will take more than a decade to be able to be adopted.

On 6/29/2022 at 2:28 AM, Nationalist said:

Wind mills and solar panels will not power our society. None of this "green technology" can. Ask the Germans.

When there's a reasonable and functional replacement, I'm all for a conversation. Until then, I happen to like stable electrical power and I'd rather not freeze to death next winter...

Thank you very much.

Nothing is going to happen instantly. It's a transition. We're already seeing a transition. No one is asking to snap your finger and flip everything. Of course that's not possible.

Solar/Wind/Hydro are already provinding a lot of energy. They're also providing jobs. Material created by oil is already being replaced by low foot print sources. It's already happening. Why is it so hard to believe that we can finally reach a point where we can totally replace fossil fuels?

7 minutes ago, marcus said:

This could very well happen.

Our financial system has never been sustainable. The issues and holes within it have received bandages and its life has been extended, but it looks more and more like it's going to implode. This is more of a concern to me than climate change.

Climate change will continue to happen. It's a transition. We will adapt to it, and looking at it positively, technology may may lessen the burden of it. But the financial system and infrastructure is a big concern that I don't see a solution to.

Maybe self-sustainibility, localization of economy is the answer for food and products. The centralized money system, where money is printed without any oversight is not the answer. Blockchain could be the answer to that. I don't know. But that will take more than a decade to be able to be adopted.

well, you Millennials will be alright in the end

the Zoomers are the smallest generation in history

Canada is in the throes of a demographic collapse

so the Millennials will end up being indisposable

there's just not enough people in Canada to do the work

so despite the inevitable secular bear market / depression

ya'll gonna end up in the corner office

because the Boomers & Gen X will be dead

10 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

well, you Millennials will be alright in the end

the Zoomers are the smallest generation in history

Canada is in the throes of a demographic collapse

so the Millennials will end up being indisposable

there's just not enough people in Canada to do the work

so despite the inevitable secular bear market / depression

ya'll gonna end up in the corner office

because the Boomers & Gen X will be dead

This is why immigration is going up. We're brain draining some countries, and bringing in labour from others.

Population decrease and aging is not unique to just Canada. Japan has been experiencing this for decades, and other western countries as well. The only continent that will be experiencing an increase in population is Africa. Even India's population has plateaued. 

Our path and solution are robots, automation, AI and blockchain technology. That will fix things for a while, until AI realizes that we're useless...

With automation and technology, we're going to need less human power. "M-F, 9-5" will fade away. We'll get back to getting bored, and in turn, becoming more creative. Humans are adaptable. We'll kick and whine our way to resolving issues. Sometimes we realize, in hindsight, we should have done it earlier, but my optimism says that we're going to be okay.

7 minutes ago, marcus said:

This is why immigration is going up.

it's still not enough to offset the demographic deficit, not even close

moreover, Canada's merit based immigration system is actually very exclusive

we don't actually take many immigrants in at all, by historical standards

immigration is much tighter in Canada than it is in America in fact

Canada remains quite British under the surface

Canada is quite elitist by global standards

it's like those bad old "anti-Immigrant" right wingers in America ?

all they say want actually, is to adopt Canada's very exclusive merit based immigration model

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

it's still not enough to offset the demographic deficit, not even close

moreover, Canada's merit based immigration system is actually very exclusive

we don't actually take many immigrants in at all, by historical standards

immigration is much tighter in Canada than it is in America in fact

Canada remains quite British under the surface

Canada is quite elitist by global standards

it's like those bad old "anti-Immigrant" right wingers in America ?

all they say want actually, is to adopt Canada's very exclusive merit based immigration model

Part of what I do is in the private immigration in dustry, and I couldn't agree with you more.

Despite all of the news flash about taking in Afghan refugees (who we left hanging) and Ukrainians (that the government wants prairie votes from), they make up a small sliver of our immigrants coming in. Majority receiving permanent residence are highly educated and higher middle class from other countries. Hence using brain drain in my last post.

The temporary workers coming in to do labour work in farms, processing plants and in the hospitality industry, do not have a realistic path to permanent residency. They usually come in on temporary work permits, make some money for their families back home and then they are sent back.

On 7/3/2022 at 4:20 PM, Yzermandius19 said:

because they are selling communism

using the environment as the sales pitch

if they dropped the commie baggage, environmentalism would be a lot easier to sell

Communism meaning a couple of pennies of a gas tax? Definition of communism sure has changed.

47 minutes ago, marcus said:

Part of what I do is in the private immigration in dustry, and I couldn't agree with you more.

Despite all of the news flash about taking in Afghan refugees (who we left hanging) and Ukrainians (that the government wants prairie votes from), they make up a small sliver of our immigrants coming in. Majority receiving permanent residence are highly educated and higher middle class from other countries. Hence using brain drain in my last post.

The temporary workers coming in to do labour work in farms, processing plants and in the hospitality industry, do not have a realistic path to permanent residency. They usually come in on temporary work permits, make some money for their families back home and then they are sent back.

well, just as the Canadian left adopts the American left's agenda

the Canadian right adopts the American right's agenda

when in fact, Canada doesn't have the immigrant problem that America has

Canada's problem is not nearly enough immigrants

because most immigrants prefer to go to America

but since Canada has erased its own British - French history

this renders Canadians into de facto Americans by default

1 hour ago, marcus said:

Nothing is going to happen instantly. It's a transition. We're already seeing a transition. No one is asking to snap your finger and flip everything. Of course that's not possible.

Solar/Wind/Hydro are already provinding a lot of energy. They're also providing jobs. Material created by oil is already being replaced by low foot print sources. It's already happening. Why is it so hard to believe that we can finally reach a point where we can totally replace fossil fuels?

There’s definitely a materials revolution coming.  Hemp bricks, solar roof tiles, light-strong carbon fibre, LED’s, etc.  Green tech has to be mass produced standard issue for the building industry. Change the building code and planning regulations, offer tax breaks as we transition, etc.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Communism meaning a couple of pennies of a gas tax? Definition of communism sure has changed.

communism because the only acceptable solutions to them are destroying capitalism

they aren't pro-environment they are just anti-human

punishing humans for success and existence is all they got

until they drop that baggage, it will never sell

Edited by Yzermandius19

2 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

1. communism because the only acceptable solutions to them are destroying capitalism

2. they aren't pro-environment they are just anti-human punishing humans for success and existence is all they got until they drop that baggage, it will never sell

1. I see.  Your tactic is to exaggerate and make the absolute minimum effort seem unreasonable so that nothing well be done.  

2. Who is this ?   Is it Trudeau again who wants to 'destroy capitalism' ?  

18 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. I see.  Your tactic is to exaggerate and make the absolute minimum effort seem unreasonable so that nothing well be done.  

2. Who is this ?   Is it Trudeau again who wants to 'destroy capitalism' ?  

it's the biggest name activists in entire movement

luddites who demand we go back to before the industrial revolution and stop using all fossil fuels immediately

or the world will end in 12 years

then when it doesn't it will end 12 years from then

you never see the vast majority of environmentalists disassociate from these clowns

in fact most openly applaud them

how the f*ck have you not noticed that total whack job crazies are running this movement?

it's all environmental apocalypse propaganda to justify totalitarian government

and all dissent from that narrative is demonized as wanting to destroy the planet

communists literally hijacked the movement as vehicle to sell communism and silenced any real environmentalists as climate change deniers

and most so called environmentalists are cool with it just because they pretend to care about the environment

wake up

Edited by Yzermandius19

41 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

1. how the f*ck have you not noticed that total whack job crazies are running this movement?

2. communists literally hijacked the movement as vehicle to sell communism and silenced any real environmentalists as climate change deniers

3. wake up

1. I don't pay attention to fringe dwellers, not do I dismiss an entire movement because fringe dwellers support it.  I doubt you do that with your causes either.

2. Who?

3. 100% of the time I'm told that, it's from someone soaking up some hysterical conspired propaganda.

10 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. I don't pay attention to fringe dwellers, not do I dismiss an entire movement because fringe dwellers support it.  I doubt you do that with your causes either.

2. Who?

3. 100% of the time I'm told that, it's from someone soaking up some hysterical conspired propaganda.

I'm not talking about the fringe, I'm talking about the faces of the movement

these environmentalist organizations are not run by real environmentalists, they've all been driven out by the Communists

real environmentalists are the fringe in that movement now

and they'd be wise disassociate from the Communists instead of applauding them

yet they aren't because they are so desperate for allies they accept "allies" who drive away reasonable people and are actively undermining the cause

Edited by Yzermandius19

59 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. I asked you who and you gave me no names.  I guess I will assume that you have nothing.

pick the name of anyone who is famous for talking about the environment

pick any major environmentalist organization

they fall in that category

stop playing games you can't throw a rock without hitting one

stop pretending like you have never heard them say this shit on the regular

if you claim to be an environmentalist

and you can't think of a single environmentalist who is a whack job extremist

and don't openly criticize them

it's because you're a whack job extremist too

Edited by Yzermandius19

29 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

1. pick the name of anyone who is famous for talking about the environment

2. stop playing games you can't throw a rock without hitting one

3. If you claim to be an environmentalist

4. it's because you're a whack job extremist too

Your post is a buffet of bad discussion Habits.

1. You are asking ME to back up YOUR claim.  "Proof lies with the positive claimant".  It's even in the rules here: be prepared to back up YOUR posts.

2. Playing games is saying something then telling the person who asks you to prove it to prove YOUR claim.

3. Where did I claim to be an environmentalist??

4. And Ad Hominem as the cherry ? on the top.

At this point, you are just trolling.  You can't provide a single name.  

Just give up.

6 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Your post is a buffet of bad discussion Habits.

1. You are asking ME to back up YOUR claim.  "Proof lies with the positive claimant".  It's even in the rules here: be prepared to back up YOUR posts.

2. Playing games is saying something then telling the person who asks you to prove it to prove YOUR claim.

3. Where did I claim to be an environmentalist??

4. And Ad Hominem as the cherry ? on the top.

At this point, you are just trolling.  You can't provide a single name.  

Just give up.

I can provide many names

and so can you

you just want to play games

and feign ignorance

I don't have time for your obtuse bullshit

Edited by Yzermandius19

A new Stanford University study says the cost of switching the whole planet to a fossil fuel free 100% renewables energy system would be $62 trillion, but as this would generate annual cost savings of $11 trillion, it would pay for itself in six years.

https://thehill.com/opinion/energy-environment/3539703-no-miracle-tech-needed-how-to-switch-to-renewables-now-and-lower-costs-doing-it/

• Like 1

I realised the other day that last time I flew on an airplane, that environmentally most harmful way of transport, was before Greta was born. 

I guess in North-America where distances are vast it would be at least very unpractical, if not impossible, to give up flying altogether. 

23 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

I realised the other day that last time I flew on an airplane, that environmentally most harmful way of transport, was before Greta was born. 

I guess in North-America where distances are vast it would be at least very unpractical, if not impossible, to give up flying altogether. 

I've pretty much given up flying

I haven't been to Europe in many years now, I don't bother with the Caribbean anymore neither

if I do travel, it's only to America

and I prefer to drive

I would rather take the scenic route and drive across the continent, than put up with the aggravation of flying