Increasing Evidence of Trudeau Undermining Democracy

3 minutes ago, myata said:

There's only one trajectory for governments without checks, controls and accountability. 

I guess you don't believe in our institutions.   That's not a conservative viewpoint but a radical one, I would like to point out.  Revolutionaries overstate problems so they can burn it all down fyi.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

I guess you don't believe in our institutions. 

There's none, zilch. Only an old and dusty fairytale. The existence of "institutions" is proved in their function and necessary action as and whenever needed, not beaver and mountie picture book.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Revolutionaries overstate problems so they can burn it all down fyi.

Note that this is your saying it, whatever stripe you count yourself in. The nonsensical dilemma does not exist in reality though: inept and pathetic is not the only alternative to violence and chaos. Does not have to be, obviously.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Punk Rock isn't Conservative.  They protested Thatcher...

Conservatism is dead

the right has been radicalized in the wake

I am a Thatcherite

but even I loved me some punk rock

the chaos of the late seventies and associated anarchic revanchsm is what brought the Iron Lady to power

tho she was hardly Conservative herself, her remedies were in fact quite radical

Edited by Dougie93

2 hours ago, West said:

Why is nobody talking about how the city of Ottawa likely influenced by Trudeau tried to freeze to death the truckers by shutting down the mall and stores?

Duhh, store owners closed because they were afraid. Mall owners shut the mall down because the stores owners were afraid. 

The  first couple days of the truckers debacle was a huge shit show and then became a circus and now a near forgotten event except for the few on this forum that live in the past LOL

12 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

How did this thread become about right-wing radicalism?   That’s become such a bankrupt tactic, painting anyone who raises concerns about government abuse of power as radical and far right.  If you don’t have concerns about Trudeau’s 72 secret orders, half of them in the last two years, I can’t help you.

Why this need, MH, to spin for Trudeau?

Every single thread here always goes so far off topic it is astonishing and must be OK as there is very occasional and rare intervention by a moderator.

On topic, 72 proposals of which only 11 were approved. If so secret, who needs to approve and how can they be secret?

Edited by ExFlyer

13 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

How did this thread become about right-wing radicalism? That’s become such a bankrupt tactic, painting anyone who raises concerns about government abuse of power as radical and far right.

I've lost count of the times I'm written off as a left-wing radical whenever I raise concerns about our government's secrecy and abuse of power.  Why should any conservative with the ignominious audacity to do the same be treated any differently?

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I've lost count of the times I'm written off as a left-wing radical whenever I raise concerns about our government's secrecy and abuse of power.  Why should any conservative with the ignominious audacity to do the same be treated any differently?

Fair enough.  

37 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

as radical and far right.

far right and radical right are not the same thing

far right is towards an absolute monarchy, some form of dictatorship

while radical simply means ; relating to or affecting the fundamental nature of something; far-reaching or thorough.

19 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Fair enough.  

with crisis comes opportunity

in the form of a catastrophic global financial & economic crisis

only then will the masses be radicalized

then it simply becomes a question of directing their enraged revanchism unto the appropriate targets

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

with crisis comes opportunity

in the form of a catastrophic global financial & economic crisis

only then will the masses be radicalized

then it simply becomes a question of directing their enraged revanchism unto the appropriate targets

This is what passes as Conservatism.... But it's Marxist...

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

This is what passes as Conservatism.... But it's Marxist...

the Marxists can be of use to the radical right in the near term

the radical left having the same objective of bringing the established order down

hasta la victoria siempre, Commmandante

The policies that have just come out of the WEF in Davos are truly horrifying.  They expect students to disconnect from reality much more and learn through virtual reality in order to fear monger children into staying home to fight climate change.  We know how inhuman online learning has been these past two years for mental and physical health, socialization, etc.  Of course Zuckerberg’s Meta will be the infrastructure.  It’s yet another example of unelected, unaccountable elites deciding how the masses should live so that the extremely privileged can do as they like in an environmentally pure refuge.

The pandemic provided the excuse for overbearing, radical leftist governments to implement social controls and mandatory programs in health and education.  Canada is at the front of this movement.

I’m not sure there’s much hope for the Canadian public to push back, as the social conditioning through government communications, policing, and state-funded media is so pervasive.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

Duhh, store owners closed because they were afraid. Mall owners shut the mall down because the stores owners were afraid. 

The  first couple days of the truckers debacle was a huge shit show and then became a circus and now a near forgotten event except for the few on this forum that live in the past LOL

Afraid eh.. 

No they closed because they are sick enough to try and freeze people to death over their views

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

1. The policies that have just come out of the WEF in Davos are truly horrifying.  

2. They expect students to disconnect from reality much more and learn through virtual reality in order to fear monger children into staying home to fight climate change.  We know how inhuman online learning has been these past two years for mental and physical health, socialization, etc.  Of course Zuckerberg’s Meta will be the infrastructure.  It’s yet another example of unelected, unaccountable elites deciding how the masses should live so that the extremely privileged can do as they like in an environmentally pure refuge. The pandemic provided the excuse for overbearing, radical leftist governments to implement social controls and mandatory programs in health and education.  Canada is at the front of this movement.  I’m not sure there’s much hope for the Canadian public to push back, as the social conditioning through government communications, policing, and state-funded media is so pervasive.  

1. The WEF is a symposium - they don't enact 'policies'.
2. No 'decisions' are made... this is a paranoid conspiracy fever dream.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1