Trudeau wants to ban handguns and toys?

On 6/2/2022 at 9:06 PM, Yzermandius19 said:

no they aren't

these are people problems

not object and substance problems

you can do drugs and not be an addict

you can use guns and not commit violent crimes

you are targeting the wrong things

Yes, they are people's problems that unfortunately drain tax dollars and take lives, lots of lives. These people have made a choice to take that road in life, KNOWLY knowing the damage that drugs can cost. 

True all users are not addicts, i smoke weed and am not an addict, but that is already legal, now we are talking about most drugs that are highly addictive, and some of them only required to be used once, or twice.

So how do these people already addicted to drugs get the money to buy them, is the government going to give this shit out for free, if not how does the crime stop again. 

The documentary filmed in Vancouver, showed EMS workers giving out a counter drug to save lives, it also showed them working on the same guy 8 times in a 24 hour period, which to me is someone that is looking for the Darwin award, and natural selection should have taken him a long time ago. Want to spend tax dollars on this issue, maybe grab all those young teenagers and drag them down there to see them bringing back addicts back from death and the ones the could not save. and give them a first-hand look at how drugs destroy lives...

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

your opinion on disqualification isn't relevant

you have terrible arguments and you concoct idiotic reasons to ignore far better ones

so you can maintain your delusional perception of being smarter than everyone who disagrees with you

I don't think I'm smarter than everyone. 

But I'm obviously a hell of a lot smarter than you. 

21 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Reference to Mike Hardner or Ex Flyer ?

No, it is referring to Nationalist and you.

"terrible arguments and you concoct idiotic reasons to ignore far better ones" , "delusional perception of being smarter than everyone ".   Look in the mirror LOL

23 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

non sequitur

I don't get why you're being so disingenuous

you said that the solution is enforcement in order to increase the price of drugs

I said that would backfire, because the stakes would increase therein, leading to an escalation of crime not reduction

Enforcement of the law would backfire...

Interesting...

23 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

and he has the gall to call us progressives

lulz

No...usually I call people who have silly, childish ideas "Tweenkies"...Tweenkie. 

Your argument amounts to this:

Leave the street gangs alone so they don't shoot more people. 

Or

Oops...a bar brawl. Quick...hide under the pool table. 

I do not like this bright idea of li'l Justin's. Law abiding citizens should be able to own rifles and handguns...for whatever reason motivates them. Street gangs who peddle and use illegal weapons to enforce their positions and engage in all manner of socially destructive activities, need to be rounded up and caged. AS IS THE LAW!

Your psuedo intellectual idea that not engaging these thugs for fear they might fight back, is cowardly.!

23 hours ago, Nationalist said:

I don't think I'm smarter than everyone. 

But I'm obviously a hell of a lot smarter than you. 

clearly not

since you have the worst arguments in the thread by a country mile

quite the display of low IQ thinking you're putting on

you don't even argue against anyone's posts in this thread

you just argue against the words you put in people's mouths

like Cathy Newman

2 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

clearly not

since you have the worst arguments in the thread by a country mile

quite the display of low IQ thinking you're putting on

you don't even argue against anyone's posts in this thread

you just argue against the words you put in people's mouths

like Cathy Newman

Nonsense.

I think Trudeau's proposed ban on handguns for legal ownership and use, is an idiotic idea that will not decrease gun violence. I'm also saying that is we actually enforce the existing laws, and bust all the gang-bangers with illegal guns, that gun violence would begin to drop and drug trade would begin to drop as well.

Trudeau also wants to legalize Fentynol. Bad idea.

You argue that enforcing the laws would what? Not decrease gun violence or drug trade?

If that's the case, then the only realistic answer would be...bullshit. Mental gymnastics are not an excuse for hiding under bar stools.

On 6/2/2022 at 10:40 AM, Yzermandius19 said:

doing something is overrated

if that something is counterproductive or doesn't address the issue

the drug laws you want increase crime and empower gangs

decriminalization of drugs decreases crime and takes away the drug monopoly from organized crime

How is doing something overrated, are you suggesting that we just let nature take its course, open the gates, and well if you die you die... expert is calling for a safe drug supply, and addicts are calling for the drugs that give the better high, like fentanyl-laced...

As long as taxpayers' money is being used the government will remain involved, and taxpayers will want results...

So you're saying the government's decision to legalize weed, has drastically cut gangs' source of income. I think the stats say there was a decrease but not enough to discourage gangs from getting out of the weed business—still billions of dollars to be made. And the government does not have a corner on the market not even close... It is still easier to get illegal weed than government store stuff in NB. illegal wed is better quality, the supply is not easily interrupted, and it is available everywhere, not just in a few stores that operate banking hours. Perhaps you can show us where the number of weed users actually went down from legalization... and why do you think hard drug users are going to drastically go down...when they did not decrease they increased.

What makes you think the government is not going to fuck this all up as it did for the role out of weed. supply shortages, inconsistent quality, limited locations, limited hours, and why would people pay good money for safer drugs...when what they want is street drugs...

Gun control is another animal altogether... all it is doing is punishing legal gun owners, and where 80-90% of gun crime is done with illegal guns. Banning the law-abiding public is not the answer to controlling or reducing the majority of gun crime in Canada. The liberals are taking the easy way out and have lied to Canadians suggesting that ownership is evil, guns are evil, and Canadians are not smart enough to see through it. 

57 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

How is doing something overrated, are you suggesting that we just let nature take its course, open the gates, and well if you die you die... expert is calling for a safe drug supply, and addicts are calling for the drugs that give the better high, like fentanyl-laced...

As long as taxpayers' money is being used the government will remain involved, and taxpayers will want results...

So you're saying the government's decision to legalize weed, has drastically cut gangs' source of income. I think the stats say there was a decrease but not enough to discourage gangs from getting out of the weed business—still billions of dollars to be made. And the government does not have a corner on the market not even close... It is still easier to get illegal weed than government store stuff in NB. illegal wed is better quality, the supply is not easily interrupted, and it is available everywhere, not just in a few stores that operate banking hours. Perhaps you can show us where the number of weed users actually went down from legalization... and why do you think hard drug users are going to drastically go down...when they did not decrease they increased.

What makes you think the government is not going to fuck this all up as it did for the role out of weed. supply shortages, inconsistent quality, limited locations, limited hours, and why would people pay good money for safer drugs...when what they want is street drugs...

the government fucks things up

especially when it comes to drug policy

less government involvement means less for them to fuck up

I never claimed there is some magical solution to drug problems

but prohibition just makes everything worse and that is as plain as day

the government doing something is only desirable if they make the situation better

if they make it worse as they often do, then it is not desirable

most Canadians are too stupid to realize that, but I am not

doing something is overrated, like Hitler he did a lot, but don't we all just wish he would have stayed home and gotten stoned?

Edited by Yzermandius19

11 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Gun control is another animal altogether... all it is doing is punishing legal gun owners, and where 80-90% of gun crime is done with illegal guns. Banning the law-abiding public is not the answer to controlling or reducing the majority of gun crime in Canada. The liberals are taking the easy way out and have lied to Canadians suggesting that ownership is evil, guns are evil, and Canadians are not smart enough to see through it. 

Everything was "legal" at one time or another.

Opium and heroin was legal until 1929 then is wasn't.

Cocaine was legal and even used in drinks until it was not.

Alcohol was legal then illegal in 1918 until 1920 then legal again

You could use your phone in your car until it was made illegal.

Drinking and driving was legal until 1921 but it was impossible to convict until acceptance of Breathalyzer in 1969

And many other legal activities made illegal by various levels of authority or government.

My point is that what is legal today can easily be illegal tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Everything was "legal" at one time or another.

Opium and heroin was legal until 1929 then is wasn't.

Cocaine was legal and even used in drinks until it was not.

Alcohol was legal then illegal in 1918 until 1920 then legal again

You could use your phone in your car until it was made illegal.

Drinking and driving was legal until 1921 but it was impossible to convict until acceptance of Breathalyzer in 1969

And many other legal activities made illegal by various levels of authority or government.

My point is that what is legal today can easily be illegal tomorrow.

and when it comes to drug prohibition

that's not a good thing

making them illegal never fixes the drug problem and only makes it worse

but people insist on continuing to double down on failure

Edited by Yzermandius19

2 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

and when it comes to drug prohibition

that's not a good thing

making them illegal never fixes the drug problem and only makes it worse

but people insist on continuing to double down on failure

Right.

The topic is gun banning (and it is not a ban but a freeze in handgun purchases).

The arguments I read are about "legal" owners and how their rights are affected. My point is that everything was legal, then made illegal and can bemade legal again. Most things that are illegal now are as a result of actions and issues previously and laws are made.

18 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Right.

The topic is gun banning (and it is not a ban but a freeze in handgun purchases).

The arguments I read are about "legal" owners and how their rights are affected. My point is that everything was legal, then made illegal and can bemade legal again. Most things that are illegal now are as a result of actions and issues previously and laws are made.

gun prohibition is also stupid and counterproductive

Canadians insist on making dumb gun laws

and then act shocked when crimes committed with guns get worse in it's wake

and that is just used as another excuse to make even dumber gun laws

a cycle that has repeated itself over and over many times

with Canadians fiending on that negative feedback loop like a junkie

Edited by Yzermandius19

29 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

gun prohibition is also stupid and counterproductive

Canadians insist on making dumb gun laws

and then act shocked when crimes committed with guns get worse in it's wake

and that is just used as another excuse to make even dumber gun laws

a cycle that has repeated itself over and over many times

with Canadians fiending on that negative feedback loop like a junkie

Firstly, it is a freezing of hand gun sales.  Not banning ownership.

Why is that stupid and counterproductive? Other than for fun, what use are handguns for the public?

Implements/weapons used in crimes by criminals, be they guns, knives, swords, bats, or whatever, were a problem back then, are now and will be  the future. Eradicating crime is impossible. Getting rid of gangs is also impossible (regardless of some here insisting it can be done).

Enforcing crimes is what is needed but when social activists keep insisting some crimes are a social and/or health issue and not a crime, well then we have a society problem and our system of justice buckles to social pressures. Also, when trying to enforce crimes, without public assistance and testimony, the charges and judgment goes away.

Not sure what "cycle" you are referencing.

"Canadians fiending on that negative feedback loop like a junkie", do not know what that means.

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

Firstly, it is a freezing of hand gun sales.  Not banning ownership.

Why is that stupid and counterproductive? Other than for fun, what use are handguns for the public?

Implements/weapons used in crimes by criminals, be they guns, knives, swords, bats, or whatever, were a problem back then, are now and will be  the future. Eradicating crime is impossible. Getting rid of gangs is also impossible (regardless of some here insisting it can be done).

Enforcing crimes is what is needed but when social activists keep insisting some crimes are a social and/or health issue and not a crime, well then we have a society problem and our system of justice buckles to social pressures. Also, when trying to enforce crimes, without public assistance and testimony, the charges and judgment goes away.

Not sure what "cycle" you are referencing.

"Canadians fiending on that negative feedback loop like a junkie", do not know what that means.

using the government to restrict and/or banning guns leading to more crime not less

is the negative feedback loop Canadians are addicted to

it is stupid to freeze hand gun sales

because the problem isn't the handguns

it's people committing crimes with handguns

people who will commit crimes with handguns are willing and do commit crimes with other inanimate objects as well

the solution is not police the objects

police the actual crimes and don't waste resources policing the objects

it is counterproductive to freeze handgun sales

because then the law abiding victims of criminals will be less able to defend themselves

encouraging the crimes by reducing the chance of potential negative consequences while committing them that deters crime

freezing handgun sales to law-abiding citizens increases the amount of crimes committed with handguns by criminals

that "solution" doesn't prevent criminals from getting handguns

criminals will get their hands on handguns no matter how hard the government cracks down on the purchase, possession and/or distribution of handguns

the harder the crackdown, the more exacerbated the problem the crackdown is intended to reduce will get

what I don't get

is how you readily understand this logic when applied to the war on drugs

but can't seem to grasp how it obviously also applies to the war on guns

obvious double standard is obvious

lefties are often hypocrites, who knew?

Edited by Yzermandius19

Law abiding citizens shoot themselves, shoot their spouses, and shoot people like burglers, trespassers, and less than excellent drivers. There are many Canadian voters who wish to see handguns banned. While I am not one of them, we must keep in mind that the government is responding to a sizable segment of the population. 

If the law changes to ban handguns, anybody who continues to possess them cannot call themselves a law abiding citizen.

I do not see how a complete ban would increase the amount of crimes committed by handguns. Many handguns in the possession of criminals are stolen from law abiding citizens. 

In a democracy, we expect the government to try to carry out changes and enact laws for the public good and public opinion. When we disagree, we get out and work to nominate and elect the candidates we agree with. 

As much as I enjoy shooting, it won't interfere with my general enjoyment of life if I am required to give it up. Skiing, on the other hand, is the true purpose of life, but nobody can take that away from us.

Edited by Queenmandy85

15 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

the government fucks things up

especially when it comes to drug policy

less government involvement means less for them to fuck up

I never claimed there is some magical solution to drug problems

but prohibition just makes everything worse and that is as plain as day

the government doing something is only desirable if they make the situation better

if they make it worse as they often do, then it is not desirable

most Canadians are too stupid to realize that, but I am not

doing something is overrated, like Hitler he did a lot, but don't we all just wish he would have stayed home and gotten stoned?

I agree that almost everything the government touches it fucks up, and this whole hard drug thing is going to be no different. except make the government a legal drug dealer, which has already been proven they suck at it. To which I say don't let them screw it up any worse, at the cost of billions just so someone can get high on a safe drug supply that hard-core users do not want. except for all the newbies that want to try a hard drug... because hey it is safe...

2 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

using the government to restrict and/or banning guns leading to more crime not less

is the negative feedback loop Canadians are addicted to

it is stupid to freeze hand gun sales

because the problem isn't the handguns

it's people committing crimes with handguns

people who will commit crimes with handguns are willing and do commit crimes with other inanimate objects as well

the solution is not police the objects

police the actual crimes and don't waste resources policing the objects

it is counterproductive to freeze handgun sales

because then the law abiding victims of criminals will be less able to defend themselves

encouraging the crimes by reducing the chance of potential negative consequences while committing them that deters crime

freezing handgun sales to law-abiding citizens increases the amount of crimes committed with handguns by criminals

that "solution" doesn't prevent criminals from getting handguns

criminals will get their hands on handguns no matter how hard the government cracks down on the purchase, possession and/or distribution of handguns

the harder the crackdown, the more exacerbated the problem the crackdown is intended to reduce will get

what I don't get

is how you readily understand this logic when applied to the war on drugs

but can't seem to grasp how it obviously also applies to the war on guns

obvious double standard is obvious

lefties are often hypocrites, who knew?

None of what you posted makes sense.

How does "restrict and/or banning guns leading to more crime not less" that happen? Please provide some data on that statement. There is none because that is BS.

"law abiding victims of criminals will be less able to defend themselves? Please tell me/us how many people have defended themselves with a hand gun in Canada?

"negative feedback loop"? What the H is that??

The problem is crime, regardless of weapon choice. I already said that.

What kind of rectal pluck is "freezing handgun sales to law-abiding citizens increases the amount of crimes committed with handguns by criminals"? Where did you get that information and data?

A criminal will get what they need regardless of any law, making handguns difficult to get for everyone will also make it difficult for criminals.

So, where will criminals get their guns? Go to a store and buy them? Oh wait, they can't. Steal them? From who? The store or the  people that have them.

Police do what they can. What else do you suggest they do??

What logic are trying to imply here??

There are approx 1 million handguns in Canada but I cannot find out if that includes police weapons.

Here is some gun data, by a gun lobby. Quite interesting.

https://thegunblog.ca/facts-stats/

Having said all that, I do think the actions of the government is a way over reaction due to American incidents and we here in Canada do not have this problem severe enough for this type law but, the general Canadian public is very pleased with this action.

Edited by ExFlyer