School Boards Promoting Homosexuality?

Rainbow Gay Pride Flags Outside Schools  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

I just know too directly what’s happening for reasons I can’t really share.  Suffice it to say that people in the workplace don’t feel they can express their concerns to management without reprisal, because directives have simply come down from on high, Covid restriction style.  

Well that's a concern, but we're stepping into a different area here, which is employment policy, communication etc.  Trust me I am familiar with how school boards work and it's not good.

But different from parent feedback as a high level topic...

15 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

What’s often missed is the sensible middle ground.  Kids do need to learn about reproductive cycles, including ovulation and menstruation.  They need to know how females become pregnant and learn about the risks of STD’s, the responsibilities of raising a child, etc.  They need to learn about consent and the level of responsibility required to manage sexual behaviour, which is why many social teachings, religious and otherwise, promote abstinence for young people and people who aren’t in committed relationships.  To me this is obviously important learning in public education.  However, those schools, including most Catholic schools, are now talking to children about sexual lifestyles that fall well outside the normative range.  Parents have a right to question and take issue with teachings that don’t agree with their morality.  Our education systems have been somewhat hijacked by a vocal minority that have become very good at lobbying governments and organizations.  This is where inclusivity turns in on itself, when the attempt to normalize the fringe alienates the majority.  I think we’re there now.  

You can teach it without moralizing it.  You can simply say, at an appropriate age: "some people are gay, or trans, and this is what suchandsuch is...".  The kids can even discuss/debate it amongst each other if they want, i'm sure their views will vary.  The school's job isn't to moralize these things, and teach one view over another, their job is to teach facts about the world.

If a parent wants to remove their kid from the classroom during these discussions that's fine.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

5 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

You can teach it without moralizing it.  You can simply say, at an appropriate age: "some people are gay, or trans, and this is what suchandsuch is...".  The kids can even discuss/debate it amongst each other if they want, i'm sure their views will vary.  The school's job isn't to moralize these things, and teach one view over another, their job is to teach facts about the world.

If a parent wants to remove their kid from the classroom during these discussions that's fine.

I agree that is how it should be, but instead there’s a push towards affirming whatever possibly transitory gender identity feeling a student has and a quasi-promotion of non-traditional sexual lifestyles.  I don’t think most parents signed off on this. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

You can teach it without moralizing it.  You can simply say, at an appropriate age: "some people are gay, or trans, and this is what suchandsuch is...".

You don’t think being gay should be affirmed as being acceptable in Canadian society, when it didn’t use to be in many ways?  

2 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

You don’t think being gay should be affirmed as being acceptable in Canadian society, when it didn’t use to be in many ways?  

Let the board trustees vote on that I guess. They are voted in by the parents.  They would likely vote yes, depending on the board. In the Prairies and rural areas maybe not.  Trustees for a bunch of Catholic boards have already voted to fly Pride flags.

4 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

You can teach it without moralizing it.  You can simply say, at an appropriate age: "some people are gay, or trans, and this is what suchandsuch is...".

Which is what they're doing.

But some people object that they're teaching that those are 'people' too, and that the appropriate age should be like 21....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, herbie said:

Which is what they're doing.

But some people object that they're teaching that those are 'people' too, and that the appropriate age should be like 21....

No, they’re talking about sexuality to kids at a young age and making the edge of the bell curve appear to be in the centre.   Also, not everyone thinks homosexual acts are fine.  I’m of the mind, Live and let live, on the most part, but I don’t think the variety of sexual preferences needs to be discussed in elementary schools, certainly not in primary classes.  It raises the question, What kind of education should we expect from our tax dollars, especially when it’s delivered by people we don’t know whose values we may not share?  Outside of math, literacy, science, the arts, phys ed, and health, how deep should publicly funded education delve into sexual lifestyle choices and when?   Some might say never. Others might say they can be factually described in a brief way to older students.

I certainly don’t think these topics should be discussed with young children and I’m not sure it’s worthwhile giving much attention to them with older students.  Not what I value about child education.

If the state is going to insist that enough people support teaching these themes to young children, I can see new divisions emerging between the permissive schools and the ones that don’t get into discussing these lifestyle choices.  I think many parents would choose the latter.  I certainly would.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I think many parents would choose the latter.  I certainly would.  

Of course you can always withdraw from the public system.

As I have pointed out, that system accommodates parents who want to withdraw from sex education.

I also believe that if people are participating in reviews and shaping the public curriculum, they must agree to participate responsibility and in good faith.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Of course you can always withdraw from the public system.

As I have pointed out, that system accommodates parents who want to withdraw from sex education.

I also believe that if people are participating in reviews and shaping the public curriculum, they must agree to participate responsibility and in good faith.

Well the woke could also send their kids to private schools. 

1% of Canadians identify as gay. 0.33% of Canadians identify as trans. 

Setting aside that sexual subject matter has no place in elementary schools,  why should abnormal sexual practices that represent such a small percentage of the population, be promoted and taught in the public school system at all?

We used to live in a meritocracy. That's been tossed aside for "equity". A chicken shite concept if there ever was one. Our public school system forms the minds of the vast majority or our children. Promoting abnormal sexual ideas is not their job. But that's what they are doing. It's sick...and it's not what the public school system is there for.!

54 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Well the woke could also send their kids to private schools. 

Of course.  They choose to stay in the public system though, for the most part.  I am pointing out that you said you would withdraw your kids, so I am affirming that you can do that as an option, just as you can stay in the system and keep your kids home.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

1% of Canadians identify as gay. 0.33% of Canadians identify as trans. 

1. Setting aside that sexual subject matter has no place in elementary schools,  why should abnormal sexual practices that represent such a small percentage of the population, be promoted and taught in the public school system at all?

2. We used to live in a meritocracy. That's been tossed aside for "equity".

3. Our public school system forms the minds of the vast majority or our children.  

1. They aren't, unless you have a counter example.  
2. "Meritocracy" doesn't really apply to a situation where parents have to agree on a set of community values though.
3. Correct, and the vast majority are needed to form a consensus as to community values.

Your assertions here are legitimate, as expressions of your opinion, but I would say it would be difficult to accept as input to deciding what the curriculum would be.  As the government of Premier Ford has shown, politics still exists as long as we have participants who are willing to put the effort in to engage with those whose values differ.

That's called politics.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. They aren't, unless you have a counter example.  
2. "Meritocracy" doesn't really apply to a situation where parents have to agree on a set of community values though.
3. Correct, and the vast majority are needed to form a consensus as to community values.

Your assertions here are legitimate, as expressions of your opinion, but I would say it would be difficult to accept as input to deciding what the curriculum would be.  As the government of Premier Ford has shown, politics still exists as long as we have participants who are willing to put the effort in to engage with those whose values differ.

That's called politics.

https://capforcanada.com/canadian-schools-brainwashing-students-with-lgbt-transgender-propaganda/

https://dailycaller.com/2022/06/08/canada-school-hosts-youth-pride-dance-no-parents/

Mikey...you're either terribly uninformed...or a liar.

Which is it?

26 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

1. Mikey...you're either terribly uninformed...or a liar.

Which is it?

1. I don't actually have to have this discussion if you're going to call me a liar.  Now I invested a good chunk of time reading that hysterical first link and couldn't find anything specific about "abnormal sexual practices .... be promoted and taught"

If you want to have a grown-up conversation you have to be specific with your language and treat the other side with respect.  I'll ask you again to give a specific example.  If you want to post a page from an advocacy group that's fine but please point out the specific evidence to your claim.

Thanks again.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. I don't actually have to have this discussion if you're going to call me a liar.  Now I invested a good chunk of time reading that hysterical first link and couldn't find anything specific about "abnormal sexual practices .... be promoted and taught"

If you want to have a grown-up conversation you have to be specific with your language and treat the other side with respect.  I'll ask you again to give a specific example.  If you want to post a page from an advocacy group that's fine but please point out the specific evidence to your claim.

Thanks again.

Go home Mikey. I posted evidence and you ignore it. Thus...

You're a liar.

9 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Thanks.  I spent good time looking, as I said.  Couldn't find anything specific, just general concerns...

Lol...Mikey...you're a pathetic case of libbie chicken shite. 

Why don't you just come clean and announce your intentions? At least then you could garner some modicum of respect.

6 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

1. Lol...Mikey...you're a pathetic case of libbie chicken shite. 

2. Why don't you just come clean and announce your intentions? At least then you could garner some modicum of respect.

1. Uh huh.  Right...
2. My intention was to investigate your claims.  If you get something specific, do reach out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Of course.  They choose to stay in the public system though, for the most part.  I am pointing out that you said you would withdraw your kids, so I am affirming that you can do that as an option, just as you can stay in the system and keep your kids home.

So I expect a fervent battle between the woke and the rational in the months and years to come.  Since it appears that not even the Catholic publicly-funded schools are safe from wokism, maybe it’s time to divide the public schools along the lines of those who choose to sexualize young kids and tell white kids they’re racist while offering special treatment to favoured groups (racism) versus those who want to keep racism and fringe lifestyle education out of schools.  

@Nationalist’s argument, framed differently. 

Conservative:  “what is so great about Trudeau’s policies?”

Liberal:  “What are your intentions, you lying Conservative sack of shit”?

You seem obsessed with making everything personal.  I think it’s to try and hide the fact that you can’t come up with a coherent argument about what is problematic that is being taught. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Since it appears that not even the Catholic publicly-funded schools are safe from wokism,

What is “wokism”?

50 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

fringe lifestyle

Calling something a “lifestyle” implies that the person is making a choice, does it not?   Are you leading a “straight” lifestyle?  

What about gay people who one would never know are gay?  Are they still leading a “fringe lifestyle”?   

I guess I am wondering….  What about being gay is a “lifestyle”?

3 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

What is “wokism”?

Calling something a “lifestyle” implies that the person is making a choice, does it not?   Are you leading a “straight” lifestyle?  

What about gay people who one would never know are gay?  Are they still leading a “fringe lifestyle”?   

I guess I am wondering….  What about being gay is a “lifestyle”?

You can be gay and not engage in homosexual acts, which is what the Catholic Church supports.

Don’t pretend you don’t know what woke is, especially when you’re woke.

Imagine how much easier it would be for you if you could educate your kids in wokism apart from the non-woke.  You could have your school and I could have mine.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

7 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

You can be gay and not engage in homosexual acts, which is what the Catholic Church supports.  

So homosexual sex is the “lifestyle “…

Since your objection seems to be rooted in Catholicism, i assume you oppose people having premarital sex too?  

Do you think the premarital sex lifestyle is as bad as the homosexual sex lifestyle?

Edited by TreeBeard