School Boards Promoting Homosexuality?

Rainbow Gay Pride Flags Outside Schools  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

36 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

If you believe incendiary reports, designed to induce rage...  absolutely.

When you talk to educators and administrators, it's mostly fine although some edge cases will rocket to the scroll banner of your favourite MSM news channels.  

I believe that Christians and Muslims worked together in Ontario to secure the rights for parents to exempt children from sex education, for example.

If I talk to the people pushing the religion of woke they will tell me they aren't indoctrinating kids to far left ideology.. well duh lol

Canada invests $100 million into "historic" action plan for 2SLGBTQI+ communities"

We have so many critical needs in this country and our PM and government thinks this is a wise thing to do??

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/canada-invests-100-million-into-historic-action-plan-for-2slgbtqi-communities/ar-AA11cfnH?ocid=EMMX&cvid=aff4fd5ed686428d82c8903080f2fa0d

30 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Canada invests $100 million into "historic" action plan for 2SLGBTQI+ communities"

We have so many critical needs in this country and our PM and government thinks this is a wise thing to do??

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/canada-invests-100-million-into-historic-action-plan-for-2slgbtqi-communities/ar-AA11cfnH?ocid=EMMX&cvid=aff4fd5ed686428d82c8903080f2fa0d

That was my first thought when I saw that.   I support LGBQ+ community, but that money is needed elsewhere.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dialamah said:

That was my first thought when I saw that.   I support LGBQ+ community, but that money is needed elsewhere.

Support the community or not, this is an embarrassing waste of money.

Just imagine what $100 million could do for doctors and nurses? Or for LTC? Or for seniors or veterans. They all can use the money a lot more than helping celebrate and have parades.

48 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Support the community or not, this is an embarrassing waste of money.

Just imagine what $100 million could do for doctors and nurses? Or for LTC? Or for seniors or veterans. They all can use the money a lot more than helping celebrate and have parades.

Kinda like the shady arrivecan app you so vigorously defend?

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

100 million in our tax money to pay for another special interest identity politics program.  More waste. Inflation anyone?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, West said:

Kinda like the shady arrivecan app you so vigorously defend?

What a stupid thing to say.

Clearly you have not read the posts stating that I do not support arrivecan and what is being used for.

I do believe that an arrivecan type app will be coming in the future to get into Canada, as so many other countries have for foreign visitors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

100 million in our tax money to pay for another special interest identity politics program.  More waste. Inflation anyone?

Apparently, Canada has a $10.2 billion surplus so, he needs to share the windfall. LOL

https://www.reuters.com/markets/rates-bonds/canada-records-april-june-budget-surplus-c102-bln-higher-tax-revenues-2022-08-26/

37 minutes ago, herbie said:

It's 60 cents each a year for 5 years, we're all going to die!

I’d rather that money go to the poor.  Once again, Trudeau trying to make himself look progressive with other people’s money.  We have real problems in this country.  It’s misleading to talk about surpluses when the country is so heavily indebted.  How can we take this government seriously about reigning in inflation with such profligate overspending?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

What a stupid thing to say.

Clearly you have not read the posts stating that I do not support arrivecan and what is being used for.

I do believe that an arrivecan type app will be coming in the future to get into Canada, as so many other countries have for foreign visitors.

You obviously do and applaud "consequences" for dissenters.

47 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I wonder if there will be effective resistance to educating children about fringe adult lifestyles in Canada.  
https://apple.news/A3G9UK79wTLmJpthswPagug

Well there hasn't been much.  But indicative of the pluralism and tolerance of neoliberalism, Ontario accepted hardcore Christian and Muslim demands to allow opt out for sex education.

46 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Well there hasn't been much.  But indicative of the pluralism and tolerance of neoliberalism, Ontario accepted hardcore Christian and Muslim demands to allow opt out for sex education.

What’s often missed is the sensible middle ground.  Kids do need to learn about reproductive cycles, including ovulation and menstruation.  They need to know how females become pregnant and learn about the risks of STD’s, the responsibilities of raising a child, etc.  They need to learn about consent and the level of responsibility required to manage sexual behaviour, which is why many social teachings, religious and otherwise, promote abstinence for young people and people who aren’t in committed relationships.  To me this is obviously important learning in public education.  However, those schools, including most Catholic schools, are now talking to children about sexual lifestyles that fall well outside the normative range.  Parents have a right to question and take issue with teachings that don’t agree with their morality.  Our education systems have been somewhat hijacked by a vocal minority that have become very good at lobbying governments and organizations.  This is where inclusivity turns in on itself, when the attempt to normalize the fringe alienates the majority.  I think we’re there now.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

1.  They need to learn about consent and the level of responsibility required to manage sexual behaviour,

2. Parents have a right to... take issue with teachings that don’t agree with their morality.   

1. and 2. Are principles in tension.  It seems all crystal clear to you, however you are simply articulating a landscape where these things must be decided as a community, ie. What is to be taught.  Many parents would call YOU an extremist for insisting that you have a voice in what is being taught AT ALL.

If you buy into the idea of a public sphere for such matters, then you accept that your voice is simply one of many, likely standing in a single stakeholder group of which there are several.

And... If you want to articulate an opinion in a public in-person forum, ie. Not here then you need to accept different perspectives and respect others.

This is called politics.

19 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. and 2. Are principles in tension.  It seems all crystal clear to you, however you are simply articulating a landscape where these things must be decided as a community, ie. What is to be taught.  Many parents would call YOU an extremist for insisting that you have a voice in what is being taught AT ALL.

If you buy into the idea of a public sphere for such matters, then you accept that your voice is simply one of many, likely standing in a single stakeholder group of which there are several.

And... If you want to articulate an opinion in a public in-person forum, ie. Not here then you need to accept different perspectives and respect others.

This is called politics.

I agree that public education involves consensus, but I don’t think there has been open discussion and approval of CRT and questions of discussing gender and sexual orientation in schools.  Much of what I mentioned is currently supported.  Often the issue is the age when this is taught.  I think teaching the science is what’s most critical, how reproductive systems work and what can happen under different circumstances.  It’s about presenting facts and risks.  Sensible opinions are naturally formed by informed people.  Primary grades are probably too young to get into this.  Let’s get basic literacy down first.  Parents have the right to withdraw their kids from sex education.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

41 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

1. I agree that public education involves consensus, but I don’t think there has been open discussion and approval of CRT and questions of discussing gender and sexual orientation in schools. 

2.  Parents have the right to withdraw their kids from sex education.  

1. It certainly happened/happens in my province.

2. Said discussion resulted in this right being established.

16 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. It certainly happened/happens in my province.

2. Said discussion resulted in this right being established.

We’ve had that right for a long time in Ontario.  The discussion of woke issues is quite recent.  George Floyd was understandably the powder keg that has institutionalized anti-Black racism training and a much more militant movement for social change that’s more about favouring certain groups than equality.  I understood the initial reaction, but CRT is a certain kind of Marxist thinking that isn’t really Marxist and doesn’t really aim for equality.  The term equity allows for a lot of interpretation about what rights historic injustice, but race-based hiring will always be racist and wrong no matter which race is favoured.  Much of what’s afoot is wordplay, saying the right things that are deemed as such by the Vanguard this week.  When the wrong people start saying the right things the language can simply be changed.

On gender and sexual orientation there’s a lot we’re learning the hard way   Britain and Sweden have reversed course on gender reassignment surgeries after a slew of post-op complaints   Also, in an effort to make everyone feel welcome and safe, we’ve brought the discussion of sexual identity and orientation to young children   Why?  No doubt some people really think it’s a form of social justice, but I think mostly it’s because the leaders within organizations are petrified on pushing back on any identity politics issues for fear of social media reprisal and canceling   Their fears are well-founded.  There are very few leaders willing to risk saying what they think, even when it’s fair and reasonable 

The answer I think is a major cultural realignment to the centre   Kids are confused and many people still feel beaten down and lost after the pandemic restrictions   We need a reaffirmation of citizens’ rights and a depoliticizing of schools and organizations   Governments and institutions need to get back to presenting ideas and letting people discuss them openly without fear of taking the wrong political side.   Many people don’t feel they have a voice or that government wants to hear what they think.  It’s a very top-down society now   Much was lost during the pandemic   

4 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

1.  The discussion of woke issues is quite recent.

2. CRT is a certain kind of Marxist thinking that isn’t really Marxist and doesn’t really aim for equality. 

3.  Much of what’s afoot is wordplay, saying the right things that are deemed as such by the Vanguard this week. 

4. We need a reaffirmation of citizens’ rights and a depoliticizing of schools and organizations   

1. I guess I need specifics on which program you mean, and what topics.  I assumed that you were talking about the general topics, and these were introduced to the Ontario curriculum via Wynne/Ford.

2. See #1.

By calling it Marxist you're editorializing -  so I may not be able to continue if I don't understand what you expect. 

I'm trying to discuss objectively what the system does for consultation.  If you want to call it Marxist, ok.  But I can't respond as to how the system responds to such an allegation.  They do consult with the public on how to teach racism etc.

4. Sorry, but Why do you think that this isn't happening?  The Ontario Sex Education example shows that the system does this and accommodations are made for those who disagree with the program.

57 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. I guess I need specifics on which program you mean, and what topics.  I assumed that you were talking about the general topics, and these were introduced to the Ontario curriculum via Wynne/Ford.

2. See #1.

By calling it Marxist you're editorializing -  so I may not be able to continue if I don't understand what you expect. 

I'm trying to discuss objectively what the system does for consultation.  If you want to call it Marxist, ok.  But I can't respond as to how the system responds to such an allegation.  They do consult with the public on how to teach racism etc.

4. Sorry, but Why do you think that this isn't happening?  The Ontario Sex Education example shows that the system does this and accommodations are made for those who disagree with the program.

I just know too directly what’s happening for reasons I can’t really share.  Suffice it to say that people in the workplace don’t feel they can express their concerns to management without reprisal, because directives have simply come down from on high, Covid restriction style.