School Boards Promoting Homosexuality?

Rainbow Gay Pride Flags Outside Schools  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Not sure what you mean,but it doesn't matter. Nobody is going to be influenced to change their view by what we say.

Sure you do. But you're now too invested in the exposure to sexualized ideologies in elementary schools, to form anything that resembles reason. Now you're reduced to flailing on about multi-celled animals.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Nationalist said:

As I said...you warp peoples' words to suit you.

Kind of like making a rainbow flag into something sexual?

We just need to recap again:

You think rainbow flags are overtly sexual and call them disgusting.

When people decry Alex Jones mocking parents of dead children you say "turn off the water-works", and that's a quote.

You really need to own your positions, so I don't have to repost them for folks here who don't know what you are all about.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

When people decry Alex Jones mocking parents of dead children you say "turn off the water-works", and that's a quote.

You really need to own your positions, so I don't have to repost them for folks here who don't know what you are all about.

There you go again Mikey. I'm beginning to believe you're just a simpleton that is incapable of understanding anything outside your own...check that...the position of your beloved institutions...right or wrong.

I think the pride flag is indeed sexual by nature. Read the definition/explanation of it dingle-balls. I think YOU are disgusting for promoting such for young kids.

I responded with "turn off the water-works" because it is already well established that Jones is guilty of defamation. Constant whining about it does not make his guilt any more or less wrong. All it is, is an SJW taking an opportunity to virtue-signal.

You really need to go frig yourself, little tweenkie. You are nothing more than a faux conservative attempting to introduce rot and doubt into the conservative position. A Libbie on a mission. A mindless automaton of political and social upheaval and destruction.

At least have the spine to announce yourself properly as a true Libbie.

11 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

There you go again Mikey.  

1. I think the pride flag is indeed sexual by nature. 

2. I think YOU are disgusting for promoting such for young kids.

3. I responded with "turn off the water-works" 

You say there you go again, then with 1. 2. 3. you confirm what I said.

I can't imagine the pain of a parent who lost a child in a mass shooting.

You: meh, it's a defamation, turn off the water-works.  True conservatives care about things.  They're not just online trolls.

13 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

You say there you go again, then with 1. 2. 3. you confirm what I said.

I can't imagine the pain of a parent who lost a child in a mass shooting.

You: meh, it's a defamation, turn off the water-works.  True conservatives care about things.  They're not just online trolls.

Oh cry me a river Libbie. True conservatives don't just care about things...they want to actually DO SOMETHING to fix a perceived problem. As for you and your teary-eyed cohorts...everything you touch turns to mud.

16 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I tolerate common sense and mock...YOU.

Common sense implies common values.  And the word 'common' is the root of 'community'.

A community holds serial liars like Alex Jones accountable and doesn't just shrug off his misdeeds.

Of course, Jones is a troll and so you are loyal to that cause. 'Owning the libs' is more important than dignity to you.  Politics is entertainment and nothing else.

18 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Common sense implies common values.  And the word 'common' is the root of 'community'.

A community holds serial liars like Alex Jones accountable and doesn't just shrug off his misdeeds.

Of course, Jones is a troll and so you are loyal to that cause. 'Owning the libs' is more important than dignity to you.  Politics is entertainment and nothing else.

Once again Mikey...you exhibit what a twit you are.

I have shrugged off nothing. Jones broke the defamation laws and will pay dearly for it.

My dignity is fine little Libbie. Yours? Not so much.

Keep giving yourself and your own reputation a black eye Mikey. Your willingness to lie and warp a person's statements and make accusations based on nothing more than sound-bytes is...amusing.

Here...have a bigger shovel.

10 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Ok, I guess this is your way to clarify whether you are a troll or not...

True Mikey. I am trolling you. I find your modus operandi sickeningly perverse.

You claim to be one thing, yet are obviously another.

You lie as a matter of course.

You take liberties with the words of those you disagree with in efforts to make them out to be something they are not...and you KNOW DAMN WELL that you're doing it.

I will crap on your misdirection and intellectual feces as long as you continue to be the mole you are.

Have a warm and fuzzy day...

Edited by Nationalist
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, what a discussion when it comes to gays. Let's look at the situation in more detail. 

As school boards are elected by the public, they play an important role in promoting civility and creating a healthy environment for students to learn. As an independent body of citizens, school boards are uniquely qualified to consider the options and find local solutions to specific problems. While issues of sexual orientation can be difficult to discuss, school boards have a long history of dealing with social change and can continue to show leadership in this regard.

Some states, including Tennessee and Arkansas, are enacting laws that ban teaching about LGBTQ issues in school. Others are considering similar laws. In Tennessee, for example, teachers must notify parents before discussing sexuality issues with their students. In Louisiana, students may not learn about the issue in public schools until they are in high school.

Across the country, school boards are grappling with how to teach LGBTQ issues. Unfortunately, dueling viewpoints between activists and people who have religious objections to LGBTQ issues can turn a community into a politically-charged powder keg. In a small town like Hood County, a school board can make a big impact on the lives of students and teachers.

The pushback to LGBT laws comes despite the fact that many states have adopted laws requiring K-8 students to study LGBT history. Among the reasons for the slow implementation of such laws are conservative groups and state officials. But in California, the law has prompted the creation of the first LGBT-inclusive textbooks for K-8 classrooms. In New Jersey, however, the law could take a little longer to implement because individual school districts have the option to decide the curriculum and standards.

• Like 1

If we’re going to have schools teaching Critical Race Theory (Derek Bell’s notion that our system is racist and must be overthrown along with capitalism), telling young children that they’re racist, and discussing homosexuality, I think it’s important that parents who don’t want such instruction for their kids have access to schools that don’t have such instruction on the menu. It would be interesting to see which schools parents select and which are more successful.  My guess is that far more parents would select the non-woke schools and I think they’d have better outcomes.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, herbie said:

The Old Testament Parents do have access to schools that teach 2,000 year old values. They just can't stand that most of us don't want that shit in Public schools.

I’m all for science-based education, not an education that lies to kids by telling them that sex is a biological construct. There are two biological genders, male and female, whether or not you like facts. Transition surgeries are destroying children’s lives.  There are legitimate cases of people who benefit from such surgeries, but they’re highly exceptional.  I also don’t think it’s healthy or advisable to teach young children about sexuality, homosexual or otherwise.  Your ideas cause gender confusion and promote teaching topics to students at an age that isn’t developmentally appropriate.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/9/2022 at 7:57 AM, Michael Hardner said:

Stick to teaching reading and math, not the religion of woke

• Like 1

On 8/26/2022 at 6:41 AM, Zeitgeist said:

I’m all for science-based education, not an education that lies to kids by telling them that sex is a biological construct. There are two biological genders, male and female, whether or not you like facts. 

It's interesting to me that you favour the science, as do I, but you also incorrectly use gender and sex interchangeably.

8 hours ago, West said:

Stick to teaching reading and math, not the religion of woke

School has never been just those things.  We are raising people who can make a positive contribution to our culture, and that includes social values, civics and an understanding of our history - not just facts.

39 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

It's interesting to me that you favour the science, as do I, but you also incorrectly use gender and sex interchangeably.

No I’m well aware of the differences.  Just remember that there have been medical emergencies that have been mistreated because the doctor didn’t know the true sex, as the patient expressed having a gender that didn’t match the biological reality of the sex.  

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

School has never been just those things.  We are raising people who can make a positive contribution to our culture, and that includes social values, civics and an understanding of our history - not just facts.

This illustrates just how far away education has gotten from the business of education.  Strong literacy and awareness of facts will position students to make informed decisions about how to proceed and what to think.  Telling students how to think and shortchanging them on knowledge and skills is indoctrination, not education.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

This illustrates just how far away education has gotten from the business of education.  Strong literacy and awareness of facts will position students to make informed decisions about how to proceed and what to think.  Telling students how to think and shortchanging them on knowledge and skills is indoctrination, not education.

My first sentence again: school has never been those things alone.

Teaching them how to think is still in the curriculum....

13 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

My first sentence again: school has never been those things alone.

Teaching them how to think is still in the curriculum....

How to think, NOT what to think.  Media literacy and critical thinking skills are essential, so students can think for themselves.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Well it's certainly become indoctrination camps for the religion of woke that I will agree with  

3 minutes ago, West said:

Well it's certainly become indoctrination camps for the religion of woke that I will agree with  

If you believe incendiary reports, designed to induce rage...  absolutely.

When you talk to educators and administrators, it's mostly fine although some edge cases will rocket to the scroll banner of your favourite MSM news channels.  

I believe that Christians and Muslims worked together in Ontario to secure the rights for parents to exempt children from sex education, for example.