School Boards Promoting Homosexuality?

Rainbow Gay Pride Flags Outside Schools  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

1.."Alex Jones is guilty of defamation." means what Jones did is OK with me?.

2. Obviously you have a need to be revered by people. But I'm sorry Mike. I save my reverence for those who deserve it by being truthful and honest.

You sir...are neither.

1. No, the other comments you made mean that. The ones you excluded here I mean.

2. Ok, so you say... And I assume that you're bringing up something new to take focus off of your moral position.  Turn off the water-works...

Edited by Michael Hardner

30 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. No, the other comments you made mean that. The ones you excluded here I mean.

2. Ok, so you say... And I assume that you're bringing up something new to take focus off of your moral position.  Turn off the water-works...

I revere Michael. ?

• Haha 1

WTF are we wasting time with one stubborn recalcitrant ox for?

If you so much as point out that acceptance isn't the same as encouragement he'll go off on a dictionary discussion on the meaning of the word "as" and call YOU the deflector. Time to let him live in his Old Testament fantasy and move on to discussion with people capable of rational discussion.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Nationalist, you confuse love with sex. I fell in love with Jennifer when I was 5 years old. 

The Pride flag is not about sex. It is about respect and love. The purpose of flying it in schools is to let everyone know it is wrong to hate anyone and that whether you are left handed or black or gay or Roman Catholic, you deserve love and respect. There is no place for hate in schools or in life. The flag sends a message that bullying is wrong. "Christian" teachers who beat children are disgusting. 

And I quote...

The rainbow flag is a symbol of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender (LGBT) and queer pride and LGBT social movements. Also known as the gay pride flag or LGBT pride flag, the colors reflect the diversity of the LGBT community and the spectrum of human sexuality and gender.

Search Gay Pride Flag.

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

As I said...you warp peoples' words to suit you.

That's called LYING! Its also misrepresentation and could easily be construed as defamation.

Any way one cuts it, you are not anyone with any sort of honour.

5 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

And I quote...

The rainbow flag is a symbol of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender (LGBT) and queer pride and LGBT social movements. Also known as the gay pride flag or LGBT pride flag, the colors reflect the diversity of the LGBT community and the spectrum of human sexuality and gender.

Search Gay Pride Flag.

I think that is what I was saying. It is not about having sex, it is about loving and respecting each other. 

28 minutes ago, herbie said:

WTF are we wasting time with one stubborn recalcitrant ox for?

If you so much as point out that acceptance isn't the same as encouragement he'll go off on a dictionary discussion on the meaning of the word "as" and call YOU the deflector. Time to let him live in his Old Testament fantasy and move on to discussion with people capable of rational discussion.

LOL...

When you can't win an argument on its merits and plain old truth...resort to horseshit and hope it sticks to the walls.

2 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I think that is what I was saying. It is not about having sex, it is about loving and respecting each other. 

You said...

The purpose of flying it in schools is to let everyone know it is wrong to hate anyone and that whether you are left handed or black or gay or Roman Catholic, you deserve love and respect. There is no place for hate in schools or in life. The flag sends a message that bullying is wrong. "Christian" teachers who beat children are disgusting. 

And old men who are willing to play whack-a-mole with symbols and meanings, have very little honour.

The flag is what it is. A celebration of a deviant life style. As such, no pre-pubecent child should be exposed to it.

BTW...any teacher that beats kids, should be caged.

23 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

The flag is what it is. A celebration of a deviant life style. As such, no pre-pubecent child should be exposed to it.

Why not? There will no doubt be mis-informed children and adults exposing them to homophobia. They need to be prepared to deal with that misinformation. We should not be giving the mis-informed a head start in implanting homophobia in our children. The use of the word "deviant" is often given a negative connotation. Schools are a place where we can teach our children that regardless of their orientation, the deserve to be respected and safe. We still have a long road to travel to end bigotry.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

As I said...you warp peoples' words to suit you.

That's called LYING! Its also misrepresentation and could easily be construed as defamation.

Any way one cuts it, you are not anyone with any sort of honour.

Defamation requires harm.  An anonymous poster on an internet forum isn't being harmed.

The families of the murdered children were harmed because Jones claimed they were part of the conspiracy, which resulted in Jones' believers to harass and threaten them.

Edited by dialamah

On 5/27/2022 at 7:52 AM, Michael Hardner said:

Maybe a good starting point is to look at the reforms that have happened over the last 1000 years to keep the church relevant and acknowledge that ancient mores aren't really what religion should be about.

I say this as a practising Christian and a Catholic.

Why does God keep changing His mind about what is right/wrong or moral/immoral?  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Why not? There will no doubt be mis-informed children and adults exposing them to homophobia. They need to be prepared to deal with that misinformation. We should not be giving the mis-informed a head start in implanting homophobia in our children. The use of the word "deviant" is often given a negative connotation. Schools are a place where we can teach our children that regardless of their orientation, the deserve to be respected and safe. We still have a long road to travel to end bigotry.

You don't have to promote sexuality to teach respect.

44 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Defamation requires harm.  An anonymous poster on an internet forum isn't being harmed.

The families of the murdered children were harmed because Jones claimed they were part of the conspiracy, which resulted in Jones' believers to harass and threaten them.

You can hide behind degrees of guilt. But it is what it is.

As I have said...Jones is guilty of defamation. 

And sexuality of any sort has no place in elementary school. 

12 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I agree.  No longer should they teach human reproduction in school…. 

Keep it to birds and bees….  Monkey copulation is out too…. way too close to human anatomy.  If they have to discuss mammal reproduction, maybe keep it down to the level of seals, or raccoons?

Edited by TreeBeard

20 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

You can hide behind degrees of guilt. But it is what it is.

As I have said...Jones is guilty of defamation. 

Perhaps if there'd been sex ed in my school, I'd have known what to do when a 12 year old boy told 9 year old me about he, his brother and father all having sex with his sister - but now they couldn't because she might get pregnant.

7 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Perhaps if there'd been sex ed in my school, I'd have known what to do when a 12 year old boy told 9 year old me about he, his brother and father all having sex with his sister - but now they couldn't because she might get pregnant.

A lot of folks, particularly social conservatives, seem to conflate informing young people about sexuality, gender identity and sexual issues with the promotion of homosexuality, or any other sexuality that they happen to disagree with.  

There’s no way to explain the meaning of the gay pride flag without reference to sexuality.  At what age should that be introduced to children?   The standard has been from around grade four (8 or 9 years).  The flag violates that.  Also, how many flags should we hoist representing which groups?   Can my wife’s quilting bee get a flag?   Khalistan?  How about the flag of Lichtenstein, because inclusion?

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

You don't have to promote sexuality to teach respect.

How do you "promote sexuality?" Sexuality is part of being a living multi-cell animal. One is born either heterosexual, bi-sexual or homosexual. Like being left or right handed, you can't change it and "promotion" is futile.

Edited by Queenmandy85
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TreeBeard said:

I agree.  No longer should they teach human reproduction in school…. 

Keep it to birds and bees….  Monkey copulation is out too…. way too close to human anatomy.  If they have to discuss mammal reproduction, maybe keep it down to the level of seals, or raccoons?

Ya...sure...

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

Err...

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

How do you "promote sexuality?" Sexuality is part of being a living multi-cell animal. One is born either heterosexual, bi-sexual or homosexual. Like being left or right handed, you can't change it and "promotion" is futile.

Ur really stretching it now.