School Boards Promoting Homosexuality?

Rainbow Gay Pride Flags Outside Schools  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 hours ago, herbie said:

FFS Michael you're arguing with someone who doesn't know the word inclusion means everybody and spouts the usual if everybody gets the same, then that lot gets more than they deserve. On top of with the remnants from 1953 who think homosexuality is sexual deviance.

How about we just let this thread die like it deserves to?

de·vi·ance
/ˈdēvēəns/

noun
noun: deviance
  1. the fact or state of departing from usual or accepted standards, especially in social or sexual behavior.
    "a study of crime and deviance"

Approximately 10% of the population are gay. They are NOT the "usual" or norm. Thus...they "deviate" from the usual or the norm.
    If the word concerns you so much, maybe English isn't suited to your...feelings.

16 hours ago, herbie said:

No people who are stuck in pre Masters^Johnson attitudes about sex and try to use sophistry pointing out just one word of a phrase in an attempt to make it means something else, now they're the ones that 'deviate' from the norm.

If you simply cannot or will not accept reality...then I pity you.

I will hereby attempt to correct my pronunciation on any further texts.

That one would stoop to such absurdity proves they already lost the argument. Give it up.

While you're in that same dictionary note that tolerance and promotion do not mean the same thing. I'm used to that. 30 years in customer service, the bulk of people think 'cheap' and 'good' mean the same thing.

On 8/6/2022 at 5:40 PM, herbie said:

I will hereby attempt to correct my pronunciation on any further texts.

That one would stoop to such absurdity proves they already lost the argument. Give it up.

While you're in that same dictionary note that tolerance and promotion do not mean the same thing. I'm used to that. 30 years in customer service, the bulk of people think 'cheap' and 'good' mean the same thing.

Who said anything about the meanings of the words "tolerance" and "promotion"?

I was speaking of the word "deviance".

Do you always resort to deflection when proven wrong? Man...that's a lot of deflection...

Ten percent of the population are born gay. Nationalist points out that this is deviant.

Ten percent of the population are born left handed. Are people who are left handed deviants as well? 

Should we allow 8 year old southpaws to be beaten up and told they are evil and going to hell?

Should we allow teachers to attempt exorsism with beatings to force these deviant left handers to become right handed?

On 8/2/2022 at 7:44 PM, Nationalist said:

1. Disgusting. 

Just a note on moralizing.

This person finds the Pride flag to be "disgusting", but when Alex Jones was given punitive fines for saying that grieving parents' dead children NEVER EXISTED, he says turn off the waterworks.

This person believes that they are moral.  I think that readers here should be aware of the pitfalls of the moralism of the new populists.

• Thanks 1

A neurotic neolithic shepherd named Leviticus drew up a list of sins and the coresponding punishments.

The uniform I wore for 25 years was, according to this fool, an abomination in the eyes of the Lord. I had to work on the sabbath, a capital offence according to Leviticus.

I am told that that isn't considered a sin anymore. Well, why do some people select homosexuality as an abomination, but not the others? 

I started receiving sex education in grade 3. My teachers were other kids. A child's first sex education should come from responsible adults, not other children. Not all parents are equipped to teach sex education properly.

Nobody chooses to be gay. The beatings from family, friends and teachers would discourage all but the most brave. We have a "Christian" school in Saskatoon that beat students with a club if they were suspected of being gay... and we are upset with a flag at school? 

40 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Just a note on moralizing.

This person finds the Pride flag to be "disgusting", but when Alex Jones was given punitive fines for saying that grieving parents' dead children NEVER EXISTED, he says turn off the waterworks.

This person believes that they are moral.  I think that readers here should be aware of the pitfalls of the moralism of the new populists.

Says the person who thinks the gay flag should be flown at elementary schools...

BTW Tweedle-Dee...I find your opinion on the matter disgusting...and I'll thank you now for not trying to warp my words again there...Mikey.

22 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Says the person who thinks the gay flag should be flown at elementary schools...

BTW Tweedle-Dee...I find your opinion on the matter disgusting...and I'll thank you now for not trying to warp my words again there...Mikey.

I say the Pride flag should be flown at elementary schools. Children should know they are loved and respected. Anyone who believes an elementry school age child is not curious about sex is niave. My first love was with Jennifer. We were 5 years old. It was in kindergarten.

Restricting who a person falls in love with is communism.

Edited by Queenmandy85

1 minute ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I say the Pride flag should be flown at elementary schools. Children should know they are loved and respected. Anyone who believes an elementry school age child is not curious about sex is niave.

Restricting who a person falls in love with is communism.

Elementary students do not fall in love with anything but their toys and activities. None of which is sexual.

Yet you and a number of others, wish to rob these kids of innocence and push sexual ideologies on them.

I find that disgusting and damaging. Just keep your sexual horseshit away from little kids.

Gawd...what a bunch of sick minds...

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

1. Says the person who thinks the gay flag should be flown at elementary schools...

2. BTW Tweedle-Dee...I find your opinion on the matter disgusting...and I'll thank you now for not trying to warp my words again there...Mikey.

1. Yes, that's me.  And you are the one who doesn't think that Alex Jones telling parents of murdered children that they made it up is such a big deal.

2. I know you do.  I will repost your position for all to see.  

Again: I think that the Pride flag is ok.

You think Alex Jones is ok.

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Yes, that's me.  And you are the one who doesn't think that Alex Jones telling parents of murdered children that they made it up is such a big deal.

2. I know you do.  I will repost your position for all to see.  

Again: I think that the Pride flag is ok.

You think Alex Jones is ok.

OK Mr. Liar. Post where I claimed Alex Jones is OK...or go F yourself.

11 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Elementary students do not fall in love with anything but their toys and activities. None of which is sexual

Bullshit.  My kids regularly came home talking about their boyfriends and girlfriends, starting in Grade one.  When I was 10, I was learning about sex from other 10 years-olds - and it was more than just talking.  Young kids are not oblivious to the world, themselves and how they fit into it and that includes sexuality. 

BTW, I assume you and the mother of your kids never expressed any physical affection in front of your children because you didn't want to ruin their childhood with anything that could possibly be construed as sexual.

9 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

OK Mr. Liar. Post where I claimed Alex Jones is OK...or go F yourself.

"Alex Jones is guilty of defamation. Turn the water-works off mah."

Your comments indicate that his actions aren't a big deal, hence they are passable.

Of course flying a rainbow flag to signal that people are accepted is "disgusting" though.

We can mock parents whose children were gunned down and don't cry for them. Just a dead child or a few dozen.  That is ok.

But a rainbow flag!?

btw feel free to keep repeating our individual stances on this, I'm fine with it.

Edited by Michael Hardner
  • Thanks 1

Nationalist, you confuse love with sex. I fell in love with Jennifer when I was 5 years old. 

The Pride flag is not about sex. It is about respect and love. The purpose of flying it in schools is to let everyone know it is wrong to hate anyone and that whether you are left handed or black or gay or Roman Catholic, you deserve love and respect. There is no place for hate in schools or in life. The flag sends a message that bullying is wrong. "Christian" teachers who beat children are disgusting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

Bullshit.  My kids regularly came home talking about their boyfriends and girlfriends, starting in Grade one.  When I was 10, I was learning about sex from other 10 years-olds - and it was more than just talking.  Young kids are not oblivious to the world, themselves and how they fit into it and that includes sexuality. 

BTW, I assume you and the mother of your kids never expressed any physical affection in front of your children because you didn't want to ruin their childhood with anything that could possibly be construed as sexual.

Please do try harder to not be a blithering idiot.

4 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Please do try harder to not be a blithering idiot.

What, you can't handle the idea that 10-year-olds might be curious about romance and sex?  Let me give you a story from the very rural area in which I grew up:

1. No rainbow flags in sight, they hadn't even been thought of it;

2. No sex ed in school, nor with parents ;

3. A sleepover with about 8 other girls;

5.  Practicing kissing for when we get boyfriends;

6. I was deemed a bad kisser, so was relegated to holding the lantern;

7. I don't know how far the other kids went in their exploration;

8. We were between 10 and 12 years old.

I have other stories; that one is the most tame.  Kids are sexually curious and will experiment from a young age - even without rainbow flags, even without any mention of sex from parents or teachers. 

Your idea of an idyllic, sexless childhood is about as far from reality as it can be.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

"Alex Jones is guilty of defamation. Turn the water-works off mah."

Your comments indicate that his actions aren't a big deal, hence they are passable.

Of course flying a rainbow flag to signal that people are accepted is "disgusting" though.

We can mock parents whose children were gunned down and don't cry for them. Just a dead child or a few dozen.  That is ok.

But a rainbow flag!?

btw feel free to keep repeating our individual stances on this, I'm fine with it.

So..."Alex Jones is guilty of defamation." means what Jones did is OK with me?

Man you're really reaching here Mike. And I would add, the words/ideas you so desperately want to attribute to me, are very false and smack of tweenkie-ville crap.

Obviously you have a need to be revered by people. But I'm sorry Mike. I save my reverence for those who deserve it by being truthful and honest.

You sir...are neither.

Edited by Nationalist

3 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

So..."Alex Jones is guilty of defamation." means what Jones did is OK with me?

Man you're really reaching here Mike. And I would add, the words/ideas you so desperately want to attribute to me, are very false and smack of tweenkie-ville crap.

Obviously you have a need to be revered by people. But I'm sorry Mike. I save my reverence for those who deserve it by being truthful and honest.

You sir...are neither.

I think the words "turn the waterworks off mah" is the key here - minimizing the effect of Jones' lies on the families involved.  No compassion or even understanding for people victimized by the massacre, or the harassment and death threats they endured afterward - thanks to Jones' lies.  "Turn the waterworks off" - so heartless.

Let's take a hypothetical family. We'll call them the Cleavers. You are the youngest of two children. Your name is Theodore. You have an older brother named Walter. Walter's friend is a kid called Eddie. You have four grand parents, four aunts and uncles and seven cousins. That is twenty people. Statistically, two of you are gay. It could be your brother, or that cute little cousin you have a crush on or it might be your mom. 

Because you have said things that could be interpreted as hostile to gays, who is going to tell you they are gay? If you find out it is your best friend, Bobbie, are you going to let that minor fact wreck your friendship? Or maybe it is your Dad. Would that cause you to become estranged? Who ever it is, they have been gay all their lives and that didn't stop them from loving you. Why should that part of them change how you feel about them? Or, it might be you.

That flag they fly at your school is a symbol for all that hate is wrong. 

We have a school here in Saskatoon called the Legacy Christian Academy. Students are forced to grass out any student they suspect is gay. The accused is then paraded before the other students and staff and beaten with a wooden paddle to drive out "satan." 

That is what you should be outraged about, not some colourful flag that represents love and respect.

I was my Department's liason officer with a local Pride group for twelve years. During that time, I got to know kids who had been disowned by their parents, one who was litterally kicked out of the house at the climax of a severe beating by his father, and two others who took their own lives. Gay- bashing is a reality in the Pride community. So, to the few of you who are under the mistaken impression that LGBT is an "ideology" or a choice, pause for a moment and ask yourself, do I want to CHOOSE to lose relationships with family and friends and get a beating just for going to school or walking down the street?