School Boards Promoting Homosexuality?

Rainbow Gay Pride Flags Outside Schools  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

1.  You can’t talk about the differences in sexual orientation without discussing sexuality.  I can tell you won’t get it.

2. This is why kids are now sexualized at a young age, so you can make your anything goes point.  That’s fine but you’re no conservative.  

1. On the contrary you don't get it.  You don't explain to kids that different-sex parents have intercourse you just accept them as part of the community.

2. Horseshit.  Kids are not "sexualized" because of acceptance.  You love the culture wars and winning elections at all costs, including sowing division.  And you hate freedom, so you are not conservative in the least.

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

1. Deviance - a deviation from the norm. 

2. Political decisions based on feelings generally produce poor results. 

1. "Hello my child, welcome back home for Thanksgiving.... deviant"  I know you don't SAY this but if you think it ... I just find it hard to reconcile keeping that word in your mind when dealing with your own child.

2. Agreed.  And what is missed by most Trumpians is that anger is a feeling.

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. On the contrary you don't get it.  You don't explain to kids that different-sex parents have intercourse you just accept them as part of the community.

2. Horseshit.  Kids are not "sexualized" because of acceptance.  You love the culture wars and winning elections at all costs, including sowing division.  And you hate freedom, so you are not conservative in the least.

1.  What does that have to do with hanging a rainbow flag that represents sexual orientations?  Why should this hang in elementary schools?

2. Listen to yourself.  You can’t deny the truth of my statements so you spew nonsense about sowing division.  You’re a radical leftist, a cultural Marxist.  Own it.  

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

1.  What does that have to do with hanging a rainbow flag that represents sexual orientations?  Why should this hang in elementary schools?

2. Listen to yourself.  You can’t deny the truth of my statements so you spew nonsense about sowing division.  You’re a radical leftist, a cultural Marxist.  Own it.  

1. Because you seem to think that hanging a flag of inclusion is about sex.  It's a symbol, that's all.  I explained this but you want to make it represent actual sex.  Nobody sees that flag and starts thinking about sex except maybe you.
2. I have actually addressed your statement and you have now gone off into la-la land calling me a Marxist.  Get out of politics and leave the board please.  Now.  Thanks in advance.

6 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. "Hello my child, welcome back home for Thanksgiving.... deviant"  I know you don't SAY this but if you think it ... I just find it hard to reconcile keeping that word in your mind when dealing with your own child.

2. Agreed.  And what is missed by most Trumpians is that anger is a feeling.

1. fine you think what you like. I don't think about the word deviant when speaking to my son. But if your senses are so fragile that the truth is hard for you to deal with...poor you.

2. One I think I'd rather live with than fear.

14 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

1. fine you think what you like. I don't think about the word deviant when speaking to my son. But if your senses are so fragile that the truth is hard for you to deal with...poor you.

2. One I think I'd rather live with than fear.

1.  Will do.  I don't feel fragile at all, just asking your views.  The flag flies in school and I am not offended or angry so...
2. False dilemma - you can have neither.  Can't say I'm angered or afeared by anything political myself.

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1.  Will do.  I don't feel fragile at all, just asking your views.  The flag flies in school and I am not offended or angry so...
2. False dilemma - you can have neither.  Can't say I'm angered or afeared by anything political myself.

1. "I just find it hard to reconcile keeping that word in your mind when dealing with your own child." I think you're being a little fragile.

2. Really? Don't fear reprisal for not towing the prog line? Don't fear climate change is gonna kill everyone? Don't fear Putin attacking a NATO nation? Don't fear raw truth?

I think you do and your reaction to the word "deviant" shows that.

19 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

1. "I just find it hard to reconcile keeping that word in your mind when dealing with your own child." I think you're being a little fragile.

2. Really? Don't fear reprisal for not towing the prog line? Don't fear climate change is gonna kill everyone? Don't fear Putin attacking a NATO nation? Don't fear raw truth?

3. I think you do and your reaction to the word "deviant" shows that.

1. Fragile would be if it were about me and my feelings.  I don't mind your emotional makeup, I just wanted to understand it.

2. No I don't.

3. It's curiosity.

12 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Fragile would be if it were about me and my feelings.  I don't mind your emotional makeup, I just wanted to understand it.

2. No I don't.

3. It's curiosity.

1. Truth is truth. One should not avoid or warp it.

2. I think you do. I think most of all, you fear the marginalization and mistrust of institutions. 

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Because you seem to think that hanging a flag of inclusion is about sex.  It's a symbol, that's all.  I explained this but you want to make it represent actual sex.  Nobody sees that flag and starts thinking about sex except maybe you.
2. I have actually addressed your statement and you have now gone off into la-la land calling me a Marxist.  Get out of politics and leave the board please.  Now.  Thanks in advance.

I call you that because you’re undermining a fundamental building block of society when you support sexualizing children and introducing alternative lifestyles to those which perpetuate humanity.  Follow your line of thinking to its conclusion and both reproduction and parenting can be turned over to the state.  Put everyone on soma and reduce childhood and relationships to pleasure seeking.  We need to support a non-sexualized childhood.  But sure, encourage people not to share opinions because you don’t like them.  

3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

1. I call you that because you’re undermining a fundamental building block of society when you support sexualizing children. 

1. I'm going to stop reading right there.  I have repeatedly explained why I'm not doing that.  Why are we discussing when you don't listen to what I am saying?

13 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. I'm going to stop reading right there.  I have repeatedly explained why I'm not doing that.  Why are we discussing when you don't listen to what I am saying?

There’s no way to separate the meaning of that flag from its association with certain sexual lifestyles.  To explain the flag’s meaning to children requires that explanation.  I think you need to think about what kind of world you want to create.  There are developmentally appropriate ages to discuss sexuality.  This isn’t about inclusion.  Of course people who are not heterosexual should be loved and accepted.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

36 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

1. You mean you lied, or were sadly mistaken.

2. The LGBTQ flag as it’s called represents these sexual preferences but excludes hetero sexuality. 

1. An opinion on what I did.  I articulated a separation, which is reasonable whether or not you agree with my conclusions.  It's also based on the definition of the flag as found on Internet.

2. Already addressed.  

30 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. An opinion on what I did.  I articulated a separation, which is reasonable whether or not you agree with my conclusions.  It's also based on the definition of the flag as found on Internet.

2. Already addressed.  

Yes you made a lot of obtuse points in your effort to obfuscate the predominantly sexual symbolism of the gay pride flag, as it is called. No one is buying it.

24 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Yes you made a lot of obtuse points in your effort to obfuscate the predominantly sexual symbolism of the gay pride flag, as it is called. No one is buying it.

I suspect some buy it.

Do you think that I don't believe what I write?  The very definition of the flag says that it symbolizes a social movement.

It's not about 'sex' itself any more than heterosexual social symbols and practices are.

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

I suspect some buy it.

Do you think that I don't believe what I write?  The very definition of the flag says that it symbolizes a social movement.

It's not about 'sex' itself any more than heterosexual social symbols and practices are.

No it’s not about “sex”. It’s about sexuality.

11 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Fine.  But please nobody try to tarnish inclusion by saying that it exposes children to sex.

the way the woke use the word inclusion

it actually means segregation and exclusion

and they fool people like you into supporting the opposite of what you think you're supporting

by playing those word games

Edited by Yzermandius19

Just now, Michael Hardner said:

If you want to call it that, fine, but it's still innocuous.

Ok, so now we’re finally over the definition part.

I personally have nothing against teaching children about sexuality. In fact it’s a necessity. But I do question the need to do that to the extent we fly the flag and start teaching more complex sexual issues to a six year old. There are many important issues. So while this may be a tempest in a teapot for some, for others it becomes a wedge issue. I prefer we let the kids be children and their natural curiosity will eventually arise... ;) 

• Like 1