School Boards Promoting Homosexuality?

Rainbow Gay Pride Flags Outside Schools  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, dialamah said:

What about those kids who know they are different?  They don't get to be kids, they get to be freaks because their "kind" can't be talked about- except in the context of being unacceptable.

Well I'm sure there are avenues ie paid counseling. 

I dont want weirdos talking to my 6 year old family members about sex... think that's fair.

1 minute ago, West said:

Well I'm sure there are avenues ie paid counseling. 

I dont want weirdos talking to my 6 year old family members about sex... think that's fair.

Teachers are not weirdos.  It's attitudes like yours that teach kids to beat up someone who is anything but binary. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Teachers are not weirdos.  It's attitudes like yours that teach kids to beat up someone who is anything but binary. 

If they are talking to six year olds about sex, yes they are. 

And your comment shows your ignorance. Nobody is advocating for a six year old to be beat up. 

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

What about those kids who know they are different?  They don't get to be kids, they get to be freaks because their "kind" can't be talked about- except in the context of being unacceptable.

That’s not what we’re talking about.  Of course we listen to kids in distress and tell them they’re loved and accepted no matter their orientation or gender identity, but those are not conversations for primary aged children and educators should not be advocating certain sexual lifestyles.  The flag represents certain sexual lifestyles.  You can’t avoid that predominant interpretation.  We teach sex ed to older students so they understand reproductive cycles, when and how girls get pregnant, how to avoid STD’s, and the importance of ensuring that if someone chooses to engage in sex, that under unprotected conditions it may result in pregnancy, so stakes are high.  This is why we encourage life-long sexual relationships, because consequences can be life-long.  Parents have a constitutional right to instil their beliefs in their kids, whether atheist, religious, etc.  Why and how should the state dictate beliefs?  It’s wrong.  It’s overreach.  It’s unconstitutional.  No publicly funded educational institution has the right to impose sexual lifestyle choices against parents’ wills.  That’s what’s at issue here.  Schools must not be allowed to sexualize young children.

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

You people are so obsessed with child sex that you call people pedophiles for disagreeing with you.  I didn't make that rule up, you did.

I'm not the one advocating for the sex talk to a six year old and create a whole month to talk about it Mikey boy. That's you there fella

16 hours ago, West said:

If they are talking to six year olds about sex, yes they are. 

And your comment shows your ignorance. Nobody is advocating for a six year old to be beat up. 

That six year old grows up to be a teenager.  If his parents have taught him that LGBTQ+ are disgusting, evil and unacceptable, he or she will support or help with the beating up of those people.  Parent's attitudes matter.  Your attitude toward LGBTQ+ is full of hate that will be passed on to your children.  And if one of those children happens to be different, they may be the one who commits suicide out of shame and self-hatred.  

2 hours ago, dialamah said:

That six year old grows up to be a teenager.  If his parents have taught him that LGBTQ+ are disgusting, evil and unacceptable, he or she will support or help with the beating up of those people.  Parent's attitudes matter.  Your attitude toward LGBTQ+ is full of hate that will be passed on to your children.  And if one of those children happens to be different, they may be the one who commits suicide out of shame and self-hatred.  

I have no opinion on homosexuality. I don't believe its appropriate to talk to elementary school children about sex regardless if it's hetero or homo

Educators must not advocate sexual lifestyles and sexuality shouldn’t be discussed by educators with young children.  There are practical reasons for sex ed related to pregnancy, STD’s, hormonal health impacts, the demands of child-rearing, and other essential concerns.  Should conversations about sexual lifestyles take place between educators and children?  I think it’s fraught territory that certainly shouldn’t be breached with young kids.  If the state purports to have right guidance on sexual lifestyle choices, I don’t think that holds up against parental discretion.  Again our government puts state rights and views above individual beliefs and freedoms.  I wouldn’t trust blackface Trudeau (the man who prevents students who don’t support abortion up to the day of delivery from having summer jobs) with the raising of my kids.  He can educate his own kids as he sees fit.  

• Thanks 1

My that was a babbling load of bullshit.

If you're not teaching it, you're promoting it. There's ONLY black or white.

Unless it's something I agree with and then there's 256 shades of grey.

Therefore, to conclude here's some compulsory political jargon whatever that has to do with it.

9 hours ago, herbie said:

My that was a babbling load of bullshit.

If you're not teaching it, you're promoting it. There's ONLY black or white.

Unless it's something I agree with and then there's 256 shades of grey.

Therefore, to conclude here's some compulsory political jargon whatever that has to do with it.

I don’t trust buddy to talk to my 6 year old about sexually, and when educators start pontificating about sex, I’d like to know the content.  

• Like 1

Bunch of anti vaxxers co-opted my flag. They have no business telling others what flags to fly.

Every time I start to think such things as rainbow flags and pride days should be unnecessary, some act of violence makes me realize they still are. ?

Edited by Aristides

6 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

I don’t trust buddy to talk to my 6 year old about sexually, and when educators start pontificating about sex, I’d like to know the content.

Then go see. Sounds like you missed sex ed when you were a kid. Instead of making up bullshit about what teachers do.

10 hours ago, herbie said:

Yeah right, I've only been involved in it my whole life. How about you, ever finish Grade 3?

At the teaching level or beyond?

Anyway I’m not going to give my credentials just to win a pissing contest.

I’ll lean on the power of argument as you don’t have one, just insults.  

1 hour ago, herbie said:

If you don't like being insulted, don't set yourself up for one. This is not exactly the place known for logical debate.

I don’t respect people who try to win arguments through insults rather than strength of argument.  You just prove your weakness.  There’s nothing you could say to offend me though because I don’t consider you a formidable mind on here.  Prove me wrong.  I invite it.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, herbie said:

I just proved my weakness, eh?

I base argument on FACT not on shallow ill informed opinions and only insult those who can't or won't. Sad thing is so many of them think that that is what constitutes argument these days.

Stick to the topic.  Are you for or against?  Why?  

On 6/30/2022 at 7:33 PM, herbie said:

For or against what?

Teaching kids not to bully others is NOT promoting homosexuality.

That's what the fact IS, there's no argument or 'sides'

You clearly don’t understand what the colours represent, one of them being sex.  You can’t avoid the most important and clearest interpretation of the flag as supporting a sexual lifestyle.  This isn’t for young children. Of course bullying isn’t allowed and we always go the extra mile to protect the marginalized.  Stop pretending we need this flag on schools to do this. There are many other flags we could add for groups that have nothing to do with sexuality, yet we don’t add them.  Canada clearly supports these special interests, so the Canadian flag should suffice.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

There are many other flags we could add for groups that have nothing to do with sexuality, yet we don’t add them.

There's just one flag we could fly over everyone that covers everything called universal human rights but since the phrase universal human rights = communism to you idiots everyone's had to get a little militant to keep you off their backs.

It a real fucking chore too.  You people really like going out of your way to make everything suck.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2