School Boards Promoting Homosexuality?

Rainbow Gay Pride Flags Outside Schools  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Public  schools in Ontario have been flying rainbow gay pride flags.  Now the Catholic system is doing this. Halton “Catholic” District School Board will have rainbow gay pride flags flying at all its schools, including elementary schools.  Do you support this?

Edited by Zeitgeist

I have a gay son and a gay sister. I love them both as I do all of my family. That said...this is silliness.

I can not support the flying of any flag other than the Canadian and perhaps the Provincial flags waving on a school flag poll.

The "Catholic" school system can no longer be called "Catholic" if this goes on. Personally, I think the "Catholic Church", and indeed all 3 Abrahamic religions, are headed for a crisis of identity and fealty in the Northern Hemisphere. This is happening and we'd better admit it and find a way to strip the "good" or beneficial values from them, so we can present them and perpetuate their beneficial influences on society.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Public  schools in Ontario have been flying rainbow gay pride flags.  Now the Catholic system is doing this. Halton “Catholic” District School Board will have rainbow gay pride flags flying at all its schools, including elementary schools.  Do you support this?

Sure.  Being 'gay' isn't a sin.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Personally, I think the "Catholic Church", and indeed all 3 Abrahamic religions, are headed for a crisis of identity and fealty in the Northern Hemisphere.  

Maybe a good starting point is to look at the reforms that have happened over the last 1000 years to keep the church relevant and acknowledge that ancient mores aren't really what religion should be about.

I say this as a practising Christian and a Catholic.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Maybe a good starting point is to look at the reforms that have happened over the last 1000 years to keep the church relevant and acknowledge that ancient mores aren't really what religion should be about.

Perhaps. So many people find collective security and comradery in the churches. That's a "good" influence. Some of the teachings...rather like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. Do we need the symbology and abrasiveness of the 3 Abrahamic organizations? No. Hinduism seems more "benevolent" as does Buddhism. Then there's that Nymph colony in the BC mountains (if they're still there). They're...an amusing group...

In the end though...Gawd doesn't need nor really want your fealty. Gawd wants creation to continue. We will continue to "recycle" our souls, creation will continue and that which is the source of all that"is"...will continue to grow and thrive. Regardless of what some old fuck in Rome thinks...or some dumb-ass Mullah...or even some back-broken old Rabbi.

11 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

1. So many people find collective security and comradery in the churches. That's a "good" influence. Some of the teachings...rather like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. Do we need the symbology and abrasiveness of the 3 Abrahamic organizations? No. Hinduism seems more "benevolent" as does Buddhism. Then there's that Nymph colony in the BC mountains (if they're still there). They're...an amusing group...

2. In the end though...Gawd doesn't need nor really want your fealty. Gawd wants creation to continue.

3. We will continue to "recycle" our souls, creation will continue and that which is the source of all that"is"...will continue to grow and thrive. Regardless of what some old fuck in Rome thinks...or some dumb-ass Mullah...or even some back-broken old Rabbi.

1. Interesting thoughts... I would love to hike a mountain to attend a "Nymph" colony if I were single, and younger, and a backpack full of lotion and latex.  Are some of them chubby ?  In any case I would of course confess this at some point.

2. I think God treated the universe like Rotisserie chicken - set it and forget it.  If he exists.

3. Inspiring, thank you.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Interesting thoughts... I would love to hike a mountain to attend a "Nymph" colony if I were single, and younger, and a backpack full of lotion and latex.  Are some of them chubby ?  In any case I would of course confess this at some point.

2. I think God treated the universe like Rotisserie chicken - set it and forget it.  If he exists.

3. Inspiring, thank you.

1. LOL...I met them hitchhiking near Invermere. Made for a rather different weekend.

2. I left the Catholic Church when I was old enough to reason. I don't do hypocrisy well...But I knew and have always known "Gawd". I am not sure exactly what it is, or if it even has a gender. But I know its there because I feel it. And NOTHING any half-backed LeVey-type or any moron Satanist does...can change the cycle of both physical and metaphysical creation. It is...because it is.

3. You're quite welcome. I do have my moments... ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nationalist said:

1. LOL...I met them hitchhiking near Invermere. Made for a rather different weekend.

Okay, I gotta ask. Where in the Invermenre area. I used to live there and still go the the Black Forest Restaurant everytime I go through there. ?

4 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Okay, I gotta ask. Where in the Invermenre area. I used to live there and still go the the Black Forest Restaurant everytime I go through there. ?

Well...our car broke down just on the west side of town and we got picked up by 2 slightly older girls. They took us to their "camp". They actually had a nice setup. Cookhouse and campers and such. They drank a lot and liked to huff on the pot constantly. Spoke of Mother Earth and nature a lot. And...they liked to wonder out into the trees and procreate...a lot. I was 17 at they time and that's about as much as I remember. Except...the girl I spent most of my time with was a blond...

Oh and...it was not on the lake. Somewhere in the backwoods but close because, we didn't drive long to get there from town.

Should the lunatics run the asylum?  Hell no.  It is quite clear that school boards want to push every woke idea that is in fashion these days.  Thank God my kids are in Christian private school - but they still push woke ideas like global warming and a bit of nonsense like cultural appropriation. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

You are?  But you think sodomy is NOT a sin?  Where did you get that idea?

Just now, Michael Hardner said:

I take it you have never known a gay priest? ?

No but it was the stupid idea that priests that should be celibate that sent them to diddling little boys.  You are not even willing to throw me a bone and at least say sodomy is no more a sin than fornication?  It is just NOT a sin at all to you?  Is from a left wing perspective?  Are you a Sojourners suscriber?

25 minutes ago, Faramir said:

1. No but it was the stupid idea that priests that should be celibate that sent them to diddling little boys. 

2. You are not even willing to throw me a bone and at least say sodomy is no more a sin than fornication?  It is just NOT a sin at all to you?  

1. So now you're in FAVOUR of sodomy?

2. Of course it is.

22 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

What are you afraid of?  It's not going to make more kids gay.  It's just telling kids who are gay that it's ok to be gay.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Nationalist said:

I have a gay son and a gay sister. I love them both as I do all of my family. That said...this is silliness.

I can not support the flying of any flag other than the Canadian and perhaps the Provincial flags waving on a school flag poll.

The "Catholic" school system can no longer be called "Catholic" if this goes on. Personally, I think the "Catholic Church", and indeed all 3 Abrahamic religions, are headed for a crisis of identity and fealty in the Northern Hemisphere. This is happening and we'd better admit it and find a way to strip the "good" or beneficial values from them, so we can present them and perpetuate their beneficial influences on society.

I agree completely.  My daughter is bi-sexual and I have good friends who are gay.  I support them because I believe we are loved no matter what and if someone has a natural attraction towards the same sex and the relationship is consensual, who am I to judge.

The Catholic Church Catechism teaches that one of the aspects of appropriate sex must the the possibility of giving birth, and I do wonder about the prospects of a society that encourages homosexuality and embraces methods like artificial insemination or test-tube babies.  This is probably the main reason why the Church still opposes same sex marriage, though it’s emphatic about loving and accepting homosexuals and LGBT identities.  Pope Francis isn’t well liked by more conservative clergy, and though his more open position on homosexuality seems quite reasonable, I’d be lying if I said I didn’t think it’s problematic.  The Bible certainly doesn’t have stories about two mommies, and I don’t dismiss these stories just because they’re old and “patriarchal”.   Some of these stories are extremely ancient wisdom.  They persist for reasons.

I don’t believe schools should be flying Pride flags because they are political statements supporting sexual lifestyles. I think that must be kept out of public education, especially elementary schools.  It’s upsetting that the public aren’t being widely consulted.  Assumptions are being made by educators about what children should think about matters beyond the purview of childhood education, I believe.  Parents are right to feel disrespected and I don’t think grooming is an inappropriate way of describing what’s afoot in our education system.  Once again our governments are afraid to stand up to special interest agendas.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

What are you afraid of?  It's not going to make more kids gay.  It's just telling kids who are gay that it's ok to be gay.

Are you sure?  I think kids are being encouraged to be gay, bi, and to play with gender identity. The wider pop culture is pushing this and elements of the Church are playing along.  Employment equity programs advantage LGBT2S+.  More job opportunities for them.

Pride flags outside elementary schools?   Really, that’s what we should be doing?

Edited by Zeitgeist

21 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Sure.  Being 'gay' isn't a sin.

Staying on the flag topic and not making this an anti Catholic or anti school or anti gay thing.

Being a sin is not the point.

Why a Rainbow flag? Why not some other flag too.

Why not some other cultural support flag? Which support flag? There are so many. Which one do they choose?

When do you fly them? Year round? Duding the cultural day?

Here are some choices for support flags. Pick one, or 2 or 25?

https://www.flagandbanner.com/flags/cultural-awareness-flags.asp

it is wrong/unfair/prejudicial to show support for one group and not others.

Edited by ExFlyer
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

We teach morality, health, civics and personal growth too.  Always have.

I am not in agreement with that.

A long time ago maybe but my Grandson goes to a Catholic school and gets none of that. It is the same basic curriculum as any other Ontario public school.

Oh wait, they do get a religion class for one semester but, how would they religiously discuss condoning or promoting LGBTQRSP+ flag?

49 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

We teach morality, health, civics and personal growth too.  Always have.

Far as I know sex with or among minors is a crime. Although it’s good to teach, shouldn’t be encouraged.

Flying a flag, that’s encouraging.

Personally I’m not agin it, it’s just a question of priorities.

Put up the hetero flag then. And the black, indian flags. Dont forget the white flag. Little Johnny should not feel guilt for past crimes by Canada, because of his skin. Sometimes the message is misunderstood.

Edited by OftenWrong
  • Like 1