Jason Kenney out in Alberta

11 minutes ago, Aristides said:

With the NDP having a decided lead in the polls, will a UCP that lurches farther to the right be handing them a majority?

Today's "far right" was yesterday's center. Problem is the left have gone to crazy town that anything right of Castro, they believe, is "far right"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, West said:

https://globalnews.ca/news/8846607/jason-kenney-ucp-leadership-vote-results-alberta/?utm_source=site_banner

Nice to see this Liberal in disguise finally step down. Arresting pastors was about as sick as it gets

Ha, now you get something better out there??

Is there something/anything/anyone better within the conservatives??

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Trudeau has pilfered the Alberta kitty so hard it can't afford Dem style election rigging. Wait for the federal.

Ha Ha HA ... the conservatives are having a feeding frenzy on themselves and someone will try and blame Trudeau.

I don't like Trudeau at all but even I would not blame him for the conservative implosion, Provincial or federal level. Ha!

• Haha 1

Premier Kenney is the author of his own misfortune. Perhaps being a failed philosophy major did not preare him for leadership. I mean, who fails philosophy??? 

I feel sorry for opposition leader Notley. She may now have a worthy opponent in the coming election.

23 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Premier Kenney is the author of his own misfortune. Perhaps being a failed philosophy major did not preare him for leadership. I mean, who fails philosophy??? 

I feel sorry for opposition leader Notley. She may now have a worthy opponent in the coming election.

Covid did Kenny in more than anything. Half of Alberta thought he was doing too much and being a tyrant (like west), the other half too little and being irresponsible. Notley picked a good time not to be Premier. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

Really? You sure jumped to his defense in a hurry.

In reaction to a joke, I might add. 

You inferred Trudeau (joking or not) had something to do with Kenny implosion. I said it was not.

I said it is conservative infighting or maybe cannibalism? (it is a joke)

48 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Covid did Kenny in more than anything. Half of Alberta thought he was doing too much and being a tyrant (like west), the other half too little and being irresponsible. Notley picked a good time not to be Premier. 

Half of conservative Alberta. The rest of Alberta never liked him anyway.

All Premiers had a horrific time dealing with COVID and consequences. The entire country will be living with the after effects for a long while yet.

Alberta is strongly divided down the centre.  Kenney had the Covid deniers in the countryside and small places demanding no Covid restrictions and some of his cabinet or caucus agreeing with that, and on the other hand, he had much of population in the cities expecting Covid health restrictions.  The difference between this situation is Alberta was far more divided because there are a lot of radicals such as the freedom convoy.  So there is no way Kenney could win in that situation.  He tried to please both sides but it was an impossibility.  It was impossible to have no Covid restrictions because the hospitals were already at the brink of collapse.  Then he made the mistake at the beginning of summer implying that Covid was over and had to retract that.  That just made both sides more angry with him.  It was a classic no-win situation for poor Kenney.  Well he tried, but I don't know if anyone else could have done better in a place like Alberta.

Notley was fortunate not to be premier during Covid.  She may well get back in as a result of this mess in the UCP and the people of Alberta will be much worse off.

Edited by blackbird

53 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Alberta is strongly divided down the centre.  Kenney had the Covid deniers in the countryside and small places demanding no Covid restrictions and some of his cabinet or caucus agreeing with that, and on the other hand, he had much of population in the cities expecting Covid health restrictions.  The difference between this situation is Alberta was far more divided because there are a lot of radicals such as the freedom convoy.  So there is no way Kenney could win in that situation.  He tried to please both sides but it was an impossibility.  It was impossible to have no Covid restrictions because the hospitals were already at the brink of collapse.  Then he made the mistake at the beginning of summer implying that Covid was over and had to retract that.  That just made both sides more angry with him.  It was a classic no-win situation for poor Kenney.  Well he tried, but I don't know if anyone else could have done better in a place like Alberta.

Notley was fortunate not to be premier during Covid.  She may well get back in as a result of this mess in the UCP and the people of Alberta will be much worse off.

Sounds like conservatives in this entire country.

8 hours ago, Aristides said:

No I thought he was a tyrant for boarding up churches and raiding the home of a pastor over holding church service

3 hours ago, West said:

No I thought he was a tyrant for boarding up churches and raiding the home of a pastor over holding church service

While I am happy he is gone from the Alberta UCP scene, I just have a feeling he will go some place else and be a thorn in our side.

He was already minister if immigration, minister of social development, minister of defense.   I just wish he crawls into a hole so I do not hear his name again.

Edited by cougar
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

Facetious? LOL

No, the liberals have not done a fine job but, they are not as torn apart and as self destructing as the conservatives.

Which conservatives

Oh you mean the white rose types. Westerners. Church going oil barons. Beef raising, proselytizing marlboro men.

Albertans are about as dumb as Candians get. They think they’ll now find something better.

I’ll give him credit for stepping down when he could have insisted on staying, like some dirty sock wearing liberal would do. Why anyone would want to lead such a herd of brutal mindless cattle is beyond me.

17 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Which conservatives

Oh you mean the white rose types. Westerners. Church going oil barons. Beef raising, proselytizing marlboro men.

Albertans are about as dumb as Candians get. They think they’ll now find something better.

I’ll give him credit for stepping down when he could have insisted on staying, like some dirty sock wearing liberal would do. Why anyone would want to lead such a herd of brutal mindless cattle is beyond me.

All conservatives. Be they provincial level or federal level.

The infighting, discord, name calling, accusations, disagreements, disparaging remarks are dividing the party.

I agree that Kenny stepping down is the right thing but then, he probably thought, I don't need this shit anymore, see ya. LOL

I am not a liberal, Pierre Trudeau knocked the liberal out of me (being a westerner) and his son carries on the tradition but, they at least seem to be a singular party.

I call them as I see them and in my opinion, Canada does not have a political party that is good for the Country. They are all self absorbed political cliques.

I'm glad that everyone is not a liberal these days. Despite that we all know who would win if an election were held today. Even if you do get Poivierre.

Because leftists, whether they call themselves a liberal or not, all follow the herd instinct. Political mootivation raises it's head once again.

Meanwhile on the right comes the impulse to have less government.

Individual rights trumps government, as they say.

;)

43 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

All conservatives. Be they provincial level or federal level.

Excluding the former federal Progressive Conservatives of course. Their followers are a people without a party. You want to lament the problem of conservatism in Canada? Yes, you are right, conservatives have failed Canadians. But how did we get here? In other words, who killed the Tory party. Certain names come to mind. Mulroney's scandals laid them open for criticism and rejection in the laissez faire poltical moment of the day, then along came these same Western Conservatives.

These are people who keep blankets, with holes in them.   ;) You'll figure it out...

And let's not forget Joe Clarke, signed the political death warrant. Stockwell Day is the serpent who whispered in his ear. Coins of silver, and more gold than you can imagine...  These traitors sold the very hide of conservatism.

But Stephen Harper showed a new way. He showed it was still possible to get the ship under control again. Wrest away the helm from these fools, lest we all go under with them. Why, because he was a leader. I don't know about you people but I'll take a leader, even a liberal one, over this ship of fools any day.

Jason Kenney is soon to be unemployed. He needs to do the DoFo thing. Step into the federal party leadership race. Enter late, be the upstart. Eclipse Poivierre and the other fools. They are a lost cause. Then rocket all the way to the top.

Most of all, to hell with these frenchmen.

34 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Excluding the former federal Progressive Conservatives of course. Their followers are a people without a party. You want to lament the problem of conservatism in Canada? Yes, you are right, conservatives have failed Canadians. But how did we get here? In other words, who killed the Tory party. Certain names come to mind. Mulroney's scandals laid them open for criticism and rejection in the laissez faire poltical moment of the day, then along came these same Western Conservatives.

These are people who keep blankets, with holes in them.   ;) You'll figure it out...

And let's not forget Joe Clarke, signed the political death warrant. Stockwell Day is the serpent who whispered in his ear. Coins of silver, and more gold than you can imagine...  These traitors sold the very hide of conservatism.

But Stephen Harper showed a new way. He showed it was still possible to get the ship under control again. Wrest away the helm from these fools, lest we all go under with them. Why, because he was a leader. I don't know about you people but I'll take a leader, even a liberal one, over this ship of fools any day.

Jason Kenney is soon to be unemployed. He needs to do the DoFo thing. Step into the federal party leadership race. Enter late, be the upstart. Eclipse Poivierre and the other fools. They are a lost cause. Then rocket all the way to the top.

Most of all, to hell with these frenchmen.

Lots of names going all the way back to Mulroney in 1993.

Are you saying the conservative demise is a slow death? They have had lots of leaders, with Harper being the exception ,that have failed to attract Canadians.

I feel it has been significantly worse since Harper left. The conservatives have split and cannot agree on anything. If they cannot get their own ship to float, how can expect Canadians get onboard?