Another Mass Shooting

6 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

Didn't have the connections our Canadian serial killers have, I guess.

Gabriel Wortman, the murder spree dentist of Nova scotia and the Danforth mass shooter of Toronto both used illegal guns.

But somehow, all three of them found a way to do mass murders.

Three of Wortman’s four guns were obtained in the US. All restricted weapons in Canada.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Three of Wortman’s four guns were obtained in the US. All restricted weapons in Canada.

Type of gun, hmm. I dont think this is the main issue.

I can blow you away with a .22, for example. Especially, the .22-250.   ;) 

Who is Wortman. Why did the shooter snap. What can be done to prevent copy-cat killers.

The need for security at these places seems obvious and can be done right away. It just costs money. And we know the US government has lots of that to give away.

Edited by OftenWrong
because apple iphone

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

Type of gun, hmm. I dont think this is the main issue.

I can blow you away with a .22, for example. Especially, the .22-250.   ;) 

Who is Wortman. Why did the shooter snap. What can be done to prevent copy-cat killers.

The need for security at these places seems obvious and can be done right away. It just costs money. And we know the US government has lots of that to give away.

It does when a gun has the capacity to kill quickly in large numbers. That’s why we limit magazine capacity.

Wortman didn’t have a permit to own any gun. Three were obtained in the US and one was part of an estate he was executing. Who knows why he snapped but let’s let him buy guns until we figure it out. Right?

Security for what places? Wortman killed all over the region, on the street, in peoples yards and homes. How many places do you want to turn into fortresses so anyone and his dog can own a hand gun or assault style rifle?

Edited by Aristides
  • Thanks 1

Just now, West said:

I won't bother reading anything on this but can only assume it's a bunch of grave dancing lefties trying to blame conservatives before a mid term election

And a few who just don't give a shit. Just phony tears and hypocritical thoughts and prayers while they make excuses to do nothing or actually make it easier for the next slaughter to happen.

4 minutes ago, Aristides said:

And a few who just don't give a shit. Just phony tears and hypocritical thoughts and prayers while they make excuses to do nothing or actually make it easier for the next slaughter to happen.

Crock of crap. The person responsible for this is the whacko who shot up the school, not the Texas governor or the NRA

What I find most odd about this whole thing is Facebook's algorithisms will shut you down for criticizing the vaccine but this guy apparently went off about the shooting ahead of time on social media and nothing.

Anyway the grave dancers are pretty disgusting here. Their solution is to make murder more illegal. Okay ?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Aristides said:

I believe That was my point. 

And I quote:

Twisted minds will find twisted ways to do twisted things.

I don't see how grabbing all the guns solves that. Assuming, you could - but you couldn't. 

I always find myself having to explain the obvious to Progressives. Criminals do crime that's why they call them criminals. They wouldn't give you their guns and they'd steal or otherwise appropriate the ones your masters keep. For what they call their security and such.

San Francisco Giants Coach Gabe Kapler To Skip National Anthem Before Games Following Texas School Massacre.

https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisco/news/sf-giants-manager-gabe-kapler-national-anthem-uvalde-texas-mass-shooting/

CINCINNATI (CBS SF) -- San Francisco Giants manager Gabe Kapler will no longer come out for the national anthem before the start of each game following the massacre of schoolchildren and the bungled police response in Uvalde, Texas.

Kapler told reporters in Cincinnati ahead of the Giants game against the Reds Friday that he would not participate in the national anthem ceremony "until I feel better about the direction of our country." 

In a blog post earlier Friday, Kapler described how he felt when a moment of silence was held at Oracle Park and at other sporting events on Tuesday, the day 19 children and two teachers were murdered at Robb Elementary School, "and we went on with our lives."

1 hour ago, Infidel Dog said:

And I quote:

I don't see how grabbing all the guns solves that. Assuming, you could - but you couldn't. 

I always find myself having to explain the obvious to Progressives. Criminals do crime that's why they call them criminals. They wouldn't give you their guns and they'd steal or otherwise appropriate the ones your masters keep. For what they call their security and such.

What exactly is your point? Because arms come across the border illegally we should just open the border to them? We should drop all restrictions ourselves? The US has by far the highest firearm homicide and suicide rates in the developed world. This is one area we definitely do not want to be like them.

When have I ever advocated grabbing guns? 

https://www.voanews.com/a/cdc-report-us-gun-homicides-spiked-35-from-2019-to-2020-/6568305.html

According to CDC data, 79% of all homicides in the U.S. in 2020 involved firearms, up from between 73% and 75% during the previous five years. Guns were used in 53% of suicides in the same year, up from between 50% and 51% in the previous five years.

79% of all homicides involved firearms so let's stop the BS about knives and falling down stairs. 

Only in Amurica.

Edited by Aristides

50 minutes ago, traveler52 said:

San Francisco Giants Coach Gabe Kapler To Skip National Anthem Before Games Following Texas School Massacre.

https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisco/news/sf-giants-manager-gabe-kapler-national-anthem-uvalde-texas-mass-shooting/

CINCINNATI (CBS SF) -- San Francisco Giants manager Gabe Kapler will no longer come out for the national anthem before the start of each game following the massacre of schoolchildren and the bungled police response in Uvalde, Texas.

Kapler told reporters in Cincinnati ahead of the Giants game against the Reds Friday that he would not participate in the national anthem ceremony "until I feel better about the direction of our country." 

In a blog post earlier Friday, Kapler described how he felt when a moment of silence was held at Oracle Park and at other sporting events on Tuesday, the day 19 children and two teachers were murdered at Robb Elementary School, "and we went on with our lives."

He will get ostracized by the self anointed "patriots". MH was right, the US has become so rapped up in culture wars it is no longer capable of solving any domestic problems. 

1 hour ago, Infidel Dog said:

And I quote:

This point here.. 

They love to pull the mass shooting statistic out. Vast majority is gang violence. Majority of firearms in the US are produced in South America ie Brazil. Unless you are going to secure the southern border, doesn't matter how many laws you pass to virtue signal... there'll still be a heavy supply going to those who want them. 

Also, there is already plenty of federal and state law regulating the sale of firearms in the US. The main sticking point is a federal registry which would basically be useless anyway.. the vast majority of firearms used in crimes are stolen. 

6 minutes ago, West said:

This point here.. 

They love to pull the mass shooting statistic out. Vast majority is gang violence. Majority of firearms in the US are produced in South America ie Brazil. Unless you are going to secure the southern border, doesn't matter how many laws you pass to virtue signal... there'll still be a heavy supply going to those who want them. 

Also, there is already plenty of federal and state law regulating the sale of firearms in the US. The main sticking point is a federal registry which would basically be useless anyway.. the vast majority of firearms used in crimes are stolen. 

The majority of firearms in the US are sold legally, it doesn't matter where they came from. Perhaps they should start jailing people who are careless enough to let their firearms be stolen. In Canada and many other countries they would likely be charged with unsafe storage. 

Why isn't this an issue in every other country with sane firearms regulations? Only in Amurica. 

Edited by Aristides

3 hours ago, Aristides said:

Wortman didn’t have a permit to own any gun.

Proving that registration, permits, training requirements did not stop him,

As long as there is a plethora of guns readily available...

Edited by OftenWrong

1 minute ago, OftenWrong said:

Proving that registration, permits, training requirements did not stop him,

As long as there is a plethora of guns readily available...

His guns came from the US, not Canada. While sharing a border is one of our biggest advantages economically, it is also one of our biggest curses.

25 minutes ago, Aristides said:

His guns came from the US, not Canada. While sharing a border is one of our biggest advantages economically, it is also one of our biggest curses.

Guns are for sale through organized crime in US, and Canada.

The only way it could work is if all guns in the US were confiscated, including the black market. I don’t see it as possible. There may not be a solution here, short term anyways.

Living in the Land of the Free comes with a price. 

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

He will get ostracized by the self anointed "patriots". MH was right, the US has become so rapped up in culture wars it is no longer capable of solving any domestic problems. 

This is the same couch to who took a knee in solidarity with Colin Kapernick after the N.F.L. bounced him because he took knee to protest the killing of African-Americans by police.

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

What exactly is your point?

I gave you the quote. How many times would you like me to quote it?

Twisted minds will find twisted ways to do twisted things.

Wortman skirted the law. I believe the Danforth shooters gun was traced to a B&E in mid America somewhere. 

Just yesterday I was reading a story about a guy who lives along the border letting his dog out late at night. He surprised a guy who was picking up a stash of guns or a gun coming in on a drone.

Or to quote myself again "criminals do crime." It's what they do. Laws don't stop them. You'll never be able to grab their guns. And that's just one reason why you won't be able to grab all the guns. There are more.

That's a good one though, because if you can't grab all the criminals guns whose guns would you want to grab?

But you tell us you don't want to grab guns. Very well, what's your point then? I told you mine. Tell me yours.

Is it just that you don't like guns? Good enough point taken. Anything else? It you're not suggesting gun grabbing to stop mass shooting what exactly are you suggesting?

Hmm...that question sounds familiar.

Seems like I might have asked it before. MiJNJ0E.gif

Edited by Infidel Dog
  • Like 1

On 5/15/2022 at 6:35 AM, ExFlyer said:

Ha HA HA,... a movie, a movie staring an Australian portraying a fictitious American and fictitious event and you are trying to use that as some sort of history lesson???

Ha Ha Ha

OMG, so sad.

He has a very shall we say limited view of American History.

He's one those Cons who still believes that Paul Revere made that ride he would have shouting, "THE BRITISH ARE COMING!!!"  Which would never have happened. 

Mainly because the Colonists were in British (American Born but British as they were still subjects of the Crown).

Anyone hearing that would have yelled back, "Yeah, so what..." 

Revere would have been shouting, "The Lobsters Are Coming"....their distinctive Red Coats gave them the nick name.

Edited by traveler52

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

The majority of firearms in the US are sold legally, it doesn't matter where they came from. Perhaps they should start jailing people who are careless enough to let their firearms be stolen. In Canada and many other countries they would likely be charged with unsafe storage. 

Why isn't this an issue in every other country with sane firearms regulations? Only in Amurica. 

There's a misconception there's no background checks on firearms. 

Fun fact:

Trump and several prominent Republicans spoke at the NRA Convention this weekend. Convention attendees were prohibited from carrying firearms and they had specialized security with gun-sniffing K9 units to make sure everyone followed the rules. 

Funny how they believe in gun control for themselves but not for anyone else