Jagmeet can dish it but can't take it, plays the victim

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Please share. Which countries and what credible sources? Was it reported in the Lancet or by Dr. Henry, Dr. Tam?

^^^ This ^^^ is your concern?  Really??????

You're not the least bit concerned that you were lied to about the jabs being perfectly safe for pregnant/breastfeeding women?  You want the people who lied to you about the vax being safe during pregnancy to reassure you it's not causing miscarriages and stillbirths??????

• Like 1

So, you are saying the people at the funerals were not crying and CTV made up the statistics? Or perhaps the people at the funerals were actually grieving and CTV was reporting on statistics compiled by someone else. 

No, I'm saying that it's a perfect example of CTV pushing their narratives.

Waukesha was a "crash", according to CTV. 

The killer was out of jail on $1K bail, he was actually in jail because he used his vehicle as a weapon against his baby momma, he wrote and created a rap video about the Rittenhouse verdict in that time, then he used that same vehicle as a weapon for the second time in a month to kill 6 people and injure 40 others in what CTV calls "a crash".

Here are their own words:

WAUKESHA, WIS. -  

The suspect in a Christmas parade crash in suburban Milwaukee that killed five six people [five was correct at the time CTV posted the article, but a young boy died of his injuries after this article was written] was free on $1,000 bail posted just two days before the deadly event, a fact that is leading to a review of what happened and renewed calls for giving judges more power to set higher bails.

One pending case against Darrell Brooks Jr. included an allegation that he deliberately hit a woman with his car in early November after a fight. 

It's not really an 'allegation' per se, he punched her and then ran her over and there were tire marks on her clothes. 

CTV's article says that the killer feels like he's being demonized.

They also referred to it as a tragedy, etc, but there was no mention about whether or not people should feel safe at Christmas parades, although there have been several high-profile attacks against Christmas parades and Christmas villages or whatever you call them.

At the Christmas village in Vcr there were truck barricades and armed security all around, but CTV never really mentioned that people don't feel safe at Christmas events. 

In any event, CTV ignored the killer's racism and BLM support, portrayed him as a victim, described the event as a crash instead of a mass murder, ignored the effect that the attack had as a terrorism event, and ignored the victims (I couldn't find a CTV article about the victims, or any videos of people crying at their funerals).

Their coverage of the Buffalo attack was the exact opposite: the attacker was [correctly] identified as a racist, they ignored his mental health issues (he threatened his classmates with murder as well and went into a psych ward for it), they played up the incident as a terrorism event, and they gave the victims faces and backstories, covered their funerals. 

I know that you're completely unaware of the significance of giving the victims of tragedy "a face", but it increases the emotion of the events massively, and the more emotion that surrounds an event the more of an indelible impression it leaves, and it aids in the assignment of blame with their narrative.

CTV is pure filth and their viewers are idiots and muppets at best

Edited by WestCanMan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

^^^ This ^^^ is your concern?  Really??????

You're not the least bit concerned that you were lied to about the jabs being perfectly safe for pregnant/breastfeeding women?  You want the people who lied to you about the vax being safe during pregnancy to reassure you it's not causing miscarriages and stillbirths??????

I would be concerned if the Public Health authorities confirmed your allegations. I trust the word of Dr. Tam, Dr. Shahab and Dr. Henry. Their information has been credible. I haven't seen any reports of the Pfizer vaccine causing miscarriages and stillbirths from credible sources.

24 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I would be concerned if the Public Health authorities confirmed your allegations. 

Pfizer confirmed it. It's in their documents, I linked to the page it's written on.

I'm concerned that the Public Health authorities aren't telling pregnant women the truth.  That's why I don't give a flying fig what Tam or Henry says.  They are liars.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2022 at 11:26 AM, Queenmandy85 said:

Please elaborate. What lies has CTV News told? As I said, CNN is irrelevant. 

CTV and CBC have been lying continuously about the unmarked graves.  They also have had red power activists on their programs repeatedly promoting the lies.  There never has been any proof of genocide or atrocities.  One priest reported that the grave markers at Kamloops had fallen down and were rotting away and he asked that they be maintained, but nobody listened.  Now we hear an endless false narrative of what happened there and the PM and GG go there for photo ops and exploit the whole thing.  If people really want to get at the truth, why don't they excavate the graves and find out who is buried there and how they died.  Because it's worth more not investigated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

CTV and CBC have been lying continuously about the unmarked graves.  They also have had red power activists on their programs repeatedly promoting the lies.  There never has been any proof of genocide or atrocities.  One priest reported that the grave markers at Kamloops had fallen down and were rotting away and he asked that they be maintained, but nobody listened.  Now we hear an endless false narrative of what happened there and the PM and GG go there for photo ops and exploit the whole thing.  If people really want to get at the truth, why don't they excavate the graves and find out who is buried there and how they died.  Because it's worth more not investigated.

There should be records of who is buried there and how they died. They were people who had names and families.

4 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I would be concerned if the Public Health authorities confirmed your allegations. I trust the word of Dr. Tam, Dr. Shahab and Dr. Henry. Their information has been credible. I haven't seen any reports of the Pfizer vaccine causing miscarriages and stillbirths from credible sources.

I don't.. their word is meaningless and their "health advice" cost alot of people their businesses and quality of life

• Like 2

The one storey I have heard where CTV got it wrong was the arson incident during the occupation of Ottawa. It was CTV that reported their own error. Doesn't sound like a lie to me. Solar, no one has come up with a specific story on CTV where they purposely presented something that was false and they knew it was false when they broadcast the story. Just saying "they always lie" doesn't cut it.

5 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

The one storey I have heard where CTV got it wrong was the arson incident during the occupation of Ottawa. It was CTV that reported their own error. Doesn't sound like a lie to me. Solar, no one has come up with a specific story on CTV where they purposely presented something that was false and they knew it was false when they broadcast the story. Just saying "they always lie" doesn't cut it.

What I have discovered recently is that none of this matters to the Chucklef*ck conspiracy crew because THEY DON'T BELIEVE IN THE IDEA OF OBJECTIVITY.

They feel that every outlet lies and that there is no reason to doubt that that happens.  So corrections, professionalism and telling the other side just does not matter to them.  There are only partisans in such a landscape, and any attempt by MainStreamMedia to "tell the other side" or be objective is just seen as part of a bigger game to lie.

A mistake by C T V which is retracted is seen as equivalent to Tom Quiggin lying about the number of trucks in the convoy.  And any statements by me pointing out the game they are playing are just seen as more from "the other side".

If you don't show loyalty you are part of the problem.   This is anti-politics, nothing else.

• Thanks 1

Many people in that constituency do not understand the purpose of a news provider. Just like any other business, they have one purpose. It is not to promote any political agenda. It is not in business to please some politicians. CTV News division is there to make money. It is part of the mainstream news media. It is mainstream news because it attracts a large audience. It attracts a large audience because they provide information that their consumers have confidence in it's credibility. As long as they provide news that has been fact-checked for reliability, consumers will continue to have confidence in them and will continue to watch. When they get it wrong, it is important to be up front about it and correct their mistake. The business of a news media is to make money by selling advertising. If the viewers sense they are being lied to, they will seek other sources and the company loses money. Integrity sells advertising.

So why would CTV lie to you and put themselves out of business?

12 hours ago, West said:

I don't.. their word is meaningless and their "health advice" cost alot of people their businesses and quality of life

Are you seriously saying that money is more important than lives. I suspect that is not what you are saying but it comes across that way. You can always get more money, but you can't get back a life. 

Edited by Queenmandy85

13 hours ago, Aristides said:

There should be records of who is buried there and how they died. They were people who had names and families.

There are thousands or tens of thousands of records in Ottawa and in the organizations who ran the residential schools.  But Ottawa did say they released a lot of records to the Truth and Reconciliation Committee recently.  We have heard nothing about them.  The records are being kept confidential for several reasons.  People's names create a legal issue of confidentiality.  I'm not sure how they get around that.  This problem of confidentiality has existed for years.  Nobody wants to release records and who exactly could legally have a right to the records?  It would open up a can of worms and a gold mine for lawyers to sue government and the church authorities for violating confidentiality.  If there was actually genocide or atrocities committed, then somebody should be able to give the RCMP the evidence or grounds for an RCMP investigation, but we have heard nothing about investigations.  Probably because there is no real investigation or evidence.

17 minutes ago, blackbird said:

There are thousands or tens of thousands of records in Ottawa and in the organizations who ran the residential schools.  But Ottawa did say they released a lot of records to the Truth and Reconciliation Committee recently.  We have heard nothing about them.  The records are being kept confidential for several reasons.  People's names create a legal issue of confidentiality.  I'm not sure how they get around that.  This problem of confidentiality has existed for years.  Nobody wants to release records and who exactly could legally have a right to the records?  It would open up a can of worms and a gold mine for lawyers to sue government and the church authorities for violating confidentiality.  If there was actually genocide or atrocities committed, then somebody should be able to give the RCMP the evidence or grounds for an RCMP investigation, but we have heard nothing about investigations.  Probably because there is no real investigation or evidence.

Parish records have been used to record births deaths and marriages for hundreds of years. Why didn't the churches keep those records and why won't they release them. Guess the churches didn't think those kid's lives were worthy of keeping them.

10 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Parish records have been used to record births deaths and marriages for hundreds of years. Why didn't the churches keep those records and why won't they release them. Guess the churches didn't think those kid's lives were worthy of keeping them.

You can't even prove those graves are full of kids, let alone native kids.

When you have some actual FACTS to back up your obvious attempts to divide Canada along racial lines...come and talk. Until then...you're promoting divisiveness based on race...and rumours.

1. CTV News division is there to make money. It is part of the mainstream news media.

2. So why would CTV lie to you and put themselves out of business?

1. Mostly correct and ultimately correct.  There is the idea of 'brand' and 'reputation' though which clouds things only slightly.  I'm sure you can surmise what I am implying.  And you mention this further down.

Basically, if people don't care about quality then profit will rise as the prime motive for delivery of content.

2. The corollary of your question is "Why would any information service misrepresent the truth in any way ?" and the implication being that they wouldn't.  But they do.  There is always a chance of a fly in the soup.

50 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

You can't even prove those graves are full of kids, let alone native kids.

When you have some actual FACTS to back up your obvious attempts to divide Canada along racial lines...come and talk. Until then...you're promoting divisiveness based on race...and rumours.

I agree that some of them should be excavated to make sure they are actually bodies. DNA could then be used to link them with their families.

38 minutes ago, Aristides said:

I agree that some of them should be excavated to make sure they are actually bodies. DNA could then be used to link them with their families.

And until then...it might be a good idea to stop with the wild accusations?

3 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Are you seriously saying that money is more important than lives. I suspect that is not what you are saying but it comes across that way. You can always get more money, but you can't get back a life. 

Social determinants of health.. we all know that people living in poverty have worse health outcomes. 

Their approach was very short sighted and probably unnecessary... the vast majority of the population were not at risk of covid

Edited by West

21 hours ago, Aristides said:

What exactly did they report that is inaccurate? 

OMG. I'd be speechless if I didn't already have so much experience dealing with leftist stupidity. 

They characterized it as a "crash". Do you know what a crash is? Do you know the difference between "crashing" into 46 people and "intentionally running 46 people over"? FYI they are not the same thing at all. It's like the difference between "he shot 10 people in a racist rampage" and "some of his stray bullets hit 10 people when he was out shootin' around".

It was a terrorist attack:

1) Witnesses said that "he swerved to hit people". 2) He was incredibly motivated as an avowed racist and as a BLM activist to attack people, 3) he has a history of using that vehicle as a weapon, 4) he rapped about killing people, 5) then he specifically killed a whole bunch of the exact people that he professed hatred towards.

Then CTV gave him a headline to play his victim card.

Did CTV say that "A man was walking through a Buffalo store with a gun and accidentally shot some people"? Because that's what "his car crashed into 46 people" means.

Victims do have faces.  

They do not 'have faces' if they're killed by 'our guys' (in this case BLMers are 'CTV's guys'). The victims remain nameless and faceless so that their story doesn't generate a lot of emotion, which means that they will quickly be forgotten and the killer's cause will evade scrutiny. 

"A 6 yr old succumbed to his injuries in a Waukesha hospital, becoming the 6th fatality of that awful car crash" doesn't generate as much emotion as "Little Timothy Johnson was proudly walking with his sister behind his grandpa's float at the Waukesha Christmas parade when his ribs and neck were broken by Darrel Dbag's SUV as he plowed the crowd during his terrorist attack in Waukesha. Timmy was widely known for his kindness, and his teachers and classmates are distraught. Look at this massive crowd of sobbing people at his funeral."

The people killed in Buffalo get that name/face recognition. Their lives mattered. Their deaths mattered. Their killer was evil. 

The people killed in Waukesha get buried. Their lives were meaningless. Their deaths were partly a function of their own guilt. Their killer was just a dude running away from a domestic disturbance, who now feels demonized by right-wing nutjobs. 

That's CTV for ya. That's why CV is filth. 

11 hours ago, Aristides said:

You are making a lot of assumptions.  The church has said they would release records.  Remember records are still the property of those who created them (the Church), and unless there is a court order in a criminal investigation, they may not be legally required to just hand records over to anybody.  If there is no legal reason or court order to hand them over, but just a fishing expedition, that is a whole different matter.

But who decides who gets what records?  Who decides what records to release?  The records are still the property of the church and they have a right to decide how and to whom they will release them.  There are issues of confidentiality which I already pointed out.  Also, unless one is a close relative of someone they want records for, why should they release any records?  If you want records for a fishing expedition and you are not related to the person you want records on, I don't think that will be sufficient grounds to expect records.  It is a lot more complicated than you make it sound.  We do live a country of laws where people and organizations own private property and have rights too.

5 minutes ago, blackbird said:

You are making a lot of assumptions.  The church has said they would release records.  Remember records are still the property of those who created them (the Church), and unless there is a court order in a criminal investigation, they may not be legally required to just hand records over to anybody.  If there is no legal reason or court order to hand them over, but just a fishing expedition, that is a whole different matter.

But who decides who gets what records?  Who decides what records to release?  The records are still the property of the church and they have a right to decide how and to whom they will release them.  There are issues of confidentiality which I already pointed out.  Also, unless one is a close relative of someone they want records for, why should they release any records?  If you want records for a fishing expedition and you are not related to the person you want records on, I don't think that will be sufficient grounds to expect records.  It is a lot more complicated than you make it sound.  We do live a country of laws where people and organizations own private property and have rights too.

Seriously? There is no reason to turn them over? Are you for real?

6 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Seriously? There is no reason to turn them over? Are you for real?

That the way the country of laws works.  It is not a free-for-all.  Just because native activists demand things, doesn't mean they get to have everything they wish or demand.   If someone or an organization has a legitimate reason for demanding some records, they can make their case to a judge in a court of law and the judge will decide if they have a right to certain records which are the private property of another organization.  That's how law and order works.

Edited by blackbird

7 minutes ago, blackbird said:

That the way the country of laws works.  It is not a free-for-all.  Just because native activists demand things, doesn't mean they get to have everything they wish or demand.   If someone or an organization has a legitimate reason for demanding some records, they can make their case to a judge in a court of law and the judge will decide if they have a right to certain records which are the private property of another organization.  That's how law and order works.

A: You posted this. 

One priest reported that the grave markers at Kamloops had fallen down and were rotting away and he asked that they be maintained, but nobody listened. 

Which is it?

B: Parish records are accessible by the public.  I have a nephew that is big into family genealogy and he has got all kinds of info from parish records.

Edited by Aristides