Jagmeet can dish it but can't take it, plays the victim

This incident of Singh being heckled is now a perfect example of "never let a crisis go to waste".  Now he's using this incident as a rallying cry to stop the "far right". I guess from his point of view it makes sense as his pathetic party has dropped significantly under his leadership.

Don't make the same mistake I did by contacting the NDP to tell them what I think of their platform( in a polite manner) as it only resulted in them contacting me as if I wanted to support them.?

It's kind of weird for Jagmeet to speak out against "wishing death on people", seeing as he's a religious bigot and known terrorist supporter. And by "known", I mean that the government of India - the most populous nation on earth and a healthy, functioning democracy - considers him to be a terrorist supporter and there are videos of him sitting at a table conducting businesslike meetings with people who are openly talking about using violence to create their own theocratic state (aka terrorists). 

It's kind of OK though, because his religious bigotry is of a minority variety here??? (TBH, Sikhism is a peaceful religion and the number of Sikhs who are advocating for the use of violence to create their own country is extremely low)

I dunno, but every time he opens his mouth, all I hear is hypocrisy and bullshit

It's also weird that a guy who openly supported violent rioting (when other people were being assaulted and murdered, and watching their businesses and communities get destroyed) can't handle a few harsh words directed towards himself. 

I'm sure that most of the things that were said to him needed to be said, just without the threats. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

It's kind of weird for Jagmeet to speak out against "wishing death on people", seeing as he's a religious bigot and known terrorist supporter. And by "known", I mean that the government of India - the most populous nation on earth and a healthy, functioning democracy - considers him to be a terrorist supporter

This reminds me of our friend Mike, who complained to the forum mods about someone doubting the legality of the name Jagmeet, Manjeet, whatever, calling the post "retarded".

If you check Wikipedia, you will find that Singh was born in 1978 in Ontario to obviously East Indian parents.  They gave him his Indian name, because, you know, swearing allegiance to the crown does not mean they will be giving their kids more common western names to allow for future integration.  Meanwhile, at school, they must have called him Jimmy, but I have never seen or heard him using this name.  Then comes his pink, orange, blue birdnest.

So you look at him, hear his name and what do you see first?  A "Canadian" or an East Indian?

In contrast, all First Nation people I know have British names - Roger, William, Graham, Michael, Deborah and so on.  You do not see one named  Laxgalts'ap or Gitwinksihlkw    (which is what their names would have looked like)

When I came to Canada I adopted my nickname as my first name which was  French and easier to pronounce and read than my original name.  Even paid a $120 fee at the time to make it a legal name and use it on formal documents.  I could do that and live with it but not Jagmeet, Manjeet or whatever his name is.

I would not vote for him or one like him in a million years!   But the likes of Mike might.

Edited by cougar

13 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

It's also weird that a guy who openly supported violent rioting (when other people were being assaulted and murdered, and watching their businesses and communities get destroyed) can't handle a few harsh words directed towards himself. 

You will have to refresh my memory. When was there  "violent rioting (when other people were being assaulted and murdered, and watching their businesses and communities get destroyed)?" The Stanley Cup riot comes to mind but I don't recall anyone being murdered. Could you please elaborate?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Boges said:

I can make a snap judgement of the type of person that does that now. 

I don't think you can, though.  To do so is to get drawn into the politics of division and symbolism.  There's no possibility for dialogue in such a situation because the game is set up to clash, not to work forward.

We can see even in the last few posts that real conservatives follow principles and adjust their position when they aren't aligned with said principles.  The opposite is to use symbols as a basis for judging others and to leave dialogue off the table.

4 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I don't think you can, though.  To do so is to get drawn into the politics of division and symbolism.  There's no possibility for dialogue in such a situation because the game is set up to clash, not to work forward.

We can see even in the last few posts that real conservatives follow principles and adjust their position when they aren't aligned with said principles.  The opposite is to use symbols as a basis for judging others and to leave dialogue off the table.

I also don't assume the type of person that has an "eff Trudeau" bumper sticker and a giant Canadian Flag is a traditional Conservative. 

5 minutes ago, Boges said:

I also don't assume the type of person that has an "eff Trudeau" bumper sticker and a giant Canadian Flag is a traditional Conservative. 

I assume they don't like Trudeau and they think saying "F*** Trudeau" is a good way to talk about politics.  Indeed I knew a few old school Cons who were like that but not many for sure and they didn't have sway over the party to the point where they could base the entire platform on a slogan like that

I don't assume anything about someone with Canadian flags on their truck except that they like Canada on some level.

10 hours ago, cougar said:

This reminds me of our friend Mike, who complained to the forum mods about someone doubting the legality of the name Jagmeet, Manjeet, whatever, calling the post "retarded".

If you check Wikipedia, you will find that Singh was born in 1978 in Ontario to obviously East Indian parents.  They gave him his Indian name, because, you know, swearing allegiance to the crown does not mean they will be giving their kids more common western names to allow for future integration.  Meanwhile, at school, they must have called him Jimmy, but I have never seen or heard him using this name.  Then comes his pink, orange, blue birdnest.

So you look at him, hear his name and what do you see first?  A "Canadian" or an East Indian?

In contrast, all First Nation people I know have British names - Roger, William, Graham, Michael, Deborah and so on.  You do not see one named  Laxgalts'ap or Gitwinksihlkw    (which is what their names would have looked like)

When I came to Canada I adopted my nickname as my first name which was  French and easier to pronounce and read than my original name.  Even paid a $120 fee at the time to make it a legal name and use it on formal documents.  I could do that and live with it but not Jagmeet, Manjeet or whatever his name is.

I would not vote for him or one like him in a million years!   But the likes of Mike might.

I don't care about turbans or Indian names, people can call their kids whatever they want. If they're comfortable giving their kid a truly ethnic name it actually means that our society is healthy. 

BUUUT.....

When people need to cleanse an area of people of other religions, like islamic state and Jagmeet want to do, it's not because they're open-minded and inclusive. Quite the opposite. 

Jagmeet was quite comfortable sitting beside people who were espousing violence for achieving the goal of a Sikh society. It's repugnant. Jagmeet is crap. 

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

You will have to refresh my memory. When was there  "violent rioting (when other people were being assaulted and murdered, and watching their businesses and communities get destroyed)?" The Stanley Cup riot comes to mind but I don't recall anyone being murdered. Could you please elaborate?

The BLM riots. 

Just now, WestCanMan said:

1. When people need to cleanse an area of people of other religions, like islamic state and Jagmeet want to do, it's not because they're open-minded and inclusive. Quite the opposite. 

2. Jagmeet was quite comfortable sitting beside people who were espousing violence for achieving the goal of a Sikh society. It's repugnant. Jagmeet is crap. 

1. Utter lies.  You just accused a federal party leader of supporting genocide - do you even realize that ?  Do you consider yourself a serious poster on here ???

2. Singh defended his actions, although I agree that your point here is 100% valid.  
https://globalnews.ca/news/4083047/jagmeet-singh-sikh-separatist-rally/

3 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

The BLM riots. 

Where was that? The only BLM riots I am aware of were in a different country. Nothing to do with Canadian politics. How did Mr. Singh have anything to do with that? Was he also responsible for the anti-tax riots in Paris?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

How did Mr. Singh have anything to do with that?  

Now if you say "Black Lives Matter" - three little words that ring true and address a people who have been subjected to all manners of horror - you are a terrorist.

Snowflakes can't stand being told that there are problems in our society... they prefer feel-good messages and lash out in anger on the internet when challenged...

1 hour ago, Boges said:

I think that level of decorum says a lot about the type of people who share those political opinions. 

I cringe when I see a Truck with Canadian flags on it now. I can make a snap judgement of the type of person that does that now. 

Why? 

Too much CBC consumption is my guess

Edited by West

14 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Utter lies.  You just accused a federal party leader of supporting genocide - do you even realize that ?  Do you consider yourself a serious poster on here ???

He's a supporter of the Khalistani movement, which advocates for a Sikh country. There are videos of his sitting beside people saying things like: "We will need to use violence to achieve our goals". He didn't flinch. The videos have been posted here, but the links don't work anymore. 

I'm not gonna sit here and pretend to not know what all of that means. We saw what happened when Pakistan was formed in that exact same region. It's impossible to believe that what he's espousing is not going to end up being evil around the edges. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Where was that? The only BLM riots I am aware of were in a different country. Nothing to do with Canadian politics. 

Does that mean he didn't support them? Are you losing it? 

And it didn't have nothing to do with Canadian politics. Our own PM brushed his own covid restrictions aside to support BLM. Wake up QM. This is reality. 

9 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Does that mean he didn't support them? Are you losing it? 

And it didn't have nothing to do with Canadian politics. Our own PM brushed his own covid restrictions aside to support BLM. Wake up QM. This is reality. 

So you are saying black lives Don't matter. Murdering people is wrong and all of us have a duty to call out for justice. There is a difference between protesting the killing of people and rioting carried out by anarchists. Woould you call George Washington a terrorist supporter because of the arson and murder carried out by the "Sons of Liberty" against Conservative Americans?

31 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

So you are saying black lives Don't matter. Murdering people is wrong and all of us have a duty to call out for justice. There is a difference between protesting the killing of people and rioting carried out by anarchists. Woould you call George Washington a terrorist supporter because of the arson and murder carried out by the "Sons of Liberty" against Conservative Americans?

Now you're just playing stupid like a champ, while putting words in my mouth.

Not supporting BLM doesn't have anything to do with saying 'black lives don't matter'. It just means that you don't support their false narratives and their carefully edited videos, which are intended to make police officers look bad. It means that you don't support rioting, looting, assaults, murders and arson. 

"Black Lives Matter" is just an incendiary name for a group of marxist racists who hate America and want to tear shit up. 

Get a life QM. 

53 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

"Black Lives Matter" is just an incendiary name for a group of marxist racists who hate America and want to tear shit up. 

No, it is a name of a movement that called out a police officer who murdered a man in custody. What evidence do you have that the people who protested hate the US or are marxists. That is like saying if you don't like President Biden, you hate America. If you believe they are marxists, you should consult legal advice as you may have a case of negligence against your political science prof, because you do not appear to have a grasp of what a marxist is. Marxism is dead and has been for thirty years.The perpetrators of the arson and  looting were just run of the mill theives and thugs, just like the Sons of Liberty who went around doing the same thing to conservative Americans. Gangs like that always use the cover of protests to commit crimes, whether it is in the US, Paris or Ottawa.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I don't care about turbans or Indian names, people can call their kids whatever they want. If they're comfortable giving their kid a truly ethnic name it actually means that our society is healthy. 

I don't quite see it this way.  When you let them keep everything including their language you just have another India on Canadian soil.

If he adopted a western name , took off his turban and did all else to show an attempt of integration, you might have some hope he will be representing Canadian interests.  Now, I personally will put zero faith in him, or one like him.

I know this is controversial, but hey, Canada called the rightful owners of our lands Indians and put them into residential schools.  What about the East Indians, now walking happily in big numbers with their names and culture intact?  Isn't this a clear insult?

4 hours ago, RedDog said:

I apologize to all participants of the forum for my previous post here.

You stand your ground, buddy.  Your post, if it is the one I think of, wasn't too bad.

8 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

No, it is a name of a movement that called out a police officer who murdered a man in custody. What evidence do you have that the people who protested hate the US or are marxists. 

Why bother ?  Marxism died in the mid 20th century and the last heirs to it transitioned off in the 1990s. 

Know-nothings will often mix the word Marxist in with others to make things sound scary.  It's an illegitimate use of language.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Jagmeet was quite comfortable sitting beside people who were espousing violence

Many years ago, I had the opportunity to sit down to interview an elderly man you killed dozens of men. He gave every appearance of being a kindly old man with a twinkle in his eye, but he showed no remorse. They awarded him the VC. I admired him as a hero. Does that make me a supporter of terrorism? One person's hero is another person's terrorist. On the day I was born, a leader of a terrorist gang murdered two British soldiers in retaliation for the hanging of members of his terrorist group. His name was Menachem Begin, who later went on to share a Nobel Peace prize with a former German spy, President Anwar Sadat of Egypt. Prime Minister MacKenzie King spent a few hours in conversation with Chancellor Adolph Hitler and afterwards, wrote in his diary that Hitler was the Joan of Arc of Germany. 

Lets not be too hasty to judge anyone for past encounters with people we may disagree with.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cougar said:

I don't quite see it this way.  When you let them keep everything including their language you just have another India on Canadian soil.

If he adopted a western name , took off his turban and did all else to show an attempt of integration, you might have some hope he will be representing Canadian interests.  Now, I personally will put zero faith in him, or one like him.

When my family immigrated to America, we kept our language and culture and did not attempt to integrate.  We speak our own language, practice the same religion we brought with us and wear the clothes that our relatives wear in the home country. We still claim to represent Canadian interests. My second cousin was one of the designers credited with designing the Canadian flag.