Why You Should Be a Nationalist

I disagree with the idea of nationalism.  I am a citizen of Earth.  I consider every man and woman on this planet my brother and/or sister. Borders are just arbitrary lines drawn on a map. Personally I'm in favour of open borders, I'd like to see Canada take in substantially more immigrants every year than we are doing currently. It's not like we have any shortage of land.  Immigrants are good for the economy, and especially if we can open our doors to people from poorer nations then we can offer them tremendous opportunities simply to work in our economy. And this in turn will benefit us as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, cougar said:

Not afraid of anything.  I too spent time in military training shooting AK47-s and throwing grenades.

Utter madness and stupidity.

Ultimately nations get what they ask for.  Look at the States - a new mass shooting today; hated across the world; afraid of terrorists on their soil; buying more weapons and becoming more volatile. Follow them and you will end up like them.

It is not the Russian conventional forces that scare anyone...It is their Nuclear forces that are keeping NATO at bay, moving in and kicking Putin's ass. besides if it comes down to that, it will all be over in 30 to 45 minutes, if your lucky you'll be in the blast radius and it will be instant death. For those that survive well, it will take days perhaps weeks to die but die they will. 

We are more like them than you think.

19 hours ago, cougar said:

Not afraid of anything.  I too spent time in military training shooting AK47-s and throwing grenades.

Utter madness and stupidity.

Ultimately nations get what they ask for.  Look at the States - a new mass shooting today; hated across the world; afraid of terrorists on their soil; buying more weapons and becoming more volatile. Follow them and you will end up like them.

haters gonna hate

the envious hate on success

the lion does not concern himself with the opinion of the sheep

12 hours ago, LibertarianCanadian said:

I disagree with the idea of nationalism.  I am a citizen of Earth.  I consider every man and woman on this planet my brother and/or sister. Borders are just arbitrary lines drawn on a map. Personally I'm in favour of open borders, I'd like to see Canada take in substantially more immigrants every year than we are doing currently. It's not like we have any shortage of land.  Immigrants are good for the economy, and especially if we can open our doors to people from poorer nations then we can offer them tremendous opportunities simply to work in our economy. And this in turn will benefit us as well.

if there was no nations

there would be no liberty

4 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

I am a proud Canadian nationalist. I will defend my country from enemies foreign and domestic.  Anyone who doesn't share this sentiment isn't worthy of calling themselves Canadian and should hand in their passport.

Canadian is essentially a pejorative anyway

feel free to not consider me Canadian

that's a badge of honor

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

I am a proud Canadian nationalist. I will defend my country from enemies foreign and domestic.  Anyone who doesn't share this sentiment isn't worthy of calling themselves Canadian and should hand in their passport.

I’m a Albertan and the money has to be repaid. What’s your plan?

2 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Traitor.

Your own politicians are the real traitors - those who sold the land to foreign entities and filled the country with foreigners.  You now expect them to fight for you? Wishful thinking.

On 5/11/2022 at 5:35 PM, Dougie93 said:

I raised to be a Canadian Nationalist

but as I studied Canadian history, the Canadian Nationalist position became nonsensical

because Canada is not a unitary state

Canada is the only Confederation of the British Empire

not one nation, but rather a collection of nations united only by the British Crown

an east west federation of British Colonies

to keep the French in, the Americans out & the Indians down

thus I ceased to be a Canadian Nationalist, as that position does not stand up to logic

I had to go much further back to find my nation

to the Glorious Revolution of 1688

to the founding of Parliamentary Supremacy, the Bill of Rights, and the first modern liberal state therein

House of Orange

Do you work for Putin?

7 minutes ago, cougar said:

Your own politicians are the real traitors - those who sold the land to foreign entities and filled the country with foreigners.  You now expect them to fight for you? Wishful thinking.

I never said they weren't.  Anyone who doesn't defend the best interests of this country is a traitor.

2 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

I can make decisions for myself. If you don't like this country you're free to leave. I assume you simply bite the hand that feeds.  If I didn't like living with my parents I'd leave instead of complain

Canada doesn't feed us

Canada is a vampire squid holding us back

the interests of Canada are not our interests

you assume they are because

you have Stockholm syndrome

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Haha 1

On 5/12/2022 at 10:04 PM, eyeball said:

Perhaps not but the problem I have with it is that I can't trust that our negotiators aren't taking care of their own interests first. I get the deep sense that the vast VAST majority of human beings feel the same way about their governments and so I think one human nation along with one human government is the way to go. Simply for the sake of efficiency.

I'm not the least bit interested in destroying the economy, enslaving anyone or controlling their minds or sapping anyone's precious bodily fluids.  I just figure having only one national government for the planet's governed to keep an eye on would make our lives easier than trying to keep an eye on a couple hundred national governments.

No, the future is not in the rear view mirror.

This naive and idealistic.  People should a right to self-determination.  We can barely keep Quebec in the country, good luck with hundreds of other nations not resulting into civil war.

When India gained independence from Britain, Pakistan, Bangladesh etc broke away to form their own Muslim nations because that's how they wanted to live, and they should be free to do so.  The Punjabis want to break away too.